Sodexo
1,855 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

High demand workplace
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJune 16, 2014
Good place to work while attending school. Work was repetitive and demanding which eventually almost makes it worth while with a free meal every day.
A fun place to work.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Grosse Pointe Woods, MIJune 13, 2014
Pros: i am off work when my kids are out of school.
Cons: i have no income when school is out for the summer.
I start my day off by preparing production sheets and then start food prep. for the day. I make sure employees are following procedure on proper food handling and are working.

I have found that this job is pretty much commonsense when it comes to working with food. I have learned as a Supervisor that it is important to maintain a friendly enviroment – more... for my co-workers but also to not to become to close with them. That is the hardest part of my job. I love problem solving and most of all building a trusting and friendly relationship with the students and teachers. – less
fact paced exiting enviroment
Barista/ Cashier (Current Employee), las vegas nvJune 13, 2014
sodexo is one of the vendors for mtn view hospital. sodexo is in charge of the food and patient services. when cashiering its a very high fast paced enviroment, but yet very fun.
The company was productive and very professional.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Blackwood, NJJune 12, 2014
The company was very family oriented and compassionate about the clients and patients.
Please see resume
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJune 12, 2014
Working with staff of 46... cooking, costing labor, portion control, staff meeting, catering meeting, hiring and training.
Enjoyed most aspects of job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2014
Pros: personal satisfaction of knowing i completed tasks to get the job done with little supervision.
Every day my job position was different.
I enjoyed my co-workers & the students that I served (seeing my students grow in maturity from Freshman to Seniors).
The hardest part of my job were 12 hour work days-Saturdays & Sundays. With a drive time of 1.5 hours to and then 1.5 hours from work made very LONG days.
producated
Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2014
I have been working with this company for 12 years. And have meet real nice people. Enjoy working with this company.
Controller (Current Employee), Glassboro, NJJune 11, 2014
Great place to work with a lot of great co-workers, everyone worked together.
Great Place to work
Head Cook (Former Employee), Sells, AZJune 11, 2014
Best part of the job was getting to greet the children everyday and helping make change in their lives even if small one.
Every day is a fun and exciting day
Health Care Services Manager - Lions Gate, CCRC (Former Employee), Vorhees, NJJune 11, 2014
Need to be able to thrive in a fast paced and multi tasking environment.

Overall rating is very good
Utility
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee), Fort Valley, GAJune 11, 2014
Well an average Maintance Job, cool and helpful coworkers Nice management
The perfect college job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Wilberforce, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: flexible and right on campus
Cons: not enough hours
Working at a college dinning hall can be very challenging but yet fun. I enjoyed working with my peers and it forced me to come out of my shell. After two years I was promoted to Supervisor the only down side about the job is that the students are your peers and some don't feel as if they have to give you the respect you deserve.
not good
Food Service Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 8, 2014
Pros: employees and co workers
Cons: management
employees were good to work with but management wasn't that great
a productive place to work
Trainee (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 8, 2014
a very good management system, training facilities, good colleagues
Not a great summer camp to work at
Front-line Supervisor (Current Employee), College Place, WAJune 5, 2014
Pros: big lake to swim in and trails to hike
Cons: no benefits, poor wages compared to actual hours worked, poor management
The camp is religiously associated with SDA. You are expected to uphold every aspect of their religion without question, even if you don't believe the same things that they do.
My co-workers were mostly all college students, and I could tell that many of them were from wealthy families and most seemed self-entitled and arrogant. They also congregated – more... in clicks.
The only enjoyable part of the job was my days off, because I got to enjoy what the area had to offer without having to act a certain way around the campers. The hardest part was communicating with my superiors, they were not very open-minded and didn't listen very well. – less
Canceling all benifits / Holidays, Insurance, sick pay, unemployment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Huntington University Huntington INJune 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: many
No reason to stay here. You are not working 4 solid months out of the year.
It is a good place to work and earn your way.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Clinton, MSJune 4, 2014
Pros: free fully cooked lunches, good amount of breaks between serving times.
Cons: overtime can become constant, messes to clean up can become enormous.
If you don't like food don't work for Sodexo. You will be around it all day from preparing it to serving it to cleaning it up. You will have opportunities to learn how to use equipment and other processes that can prepare you to move up.
Active and always having something to do.
Dish washer, caterer, cook, etc (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 3, 2014
Washing dishes, catering weddings or dinners, making food, or anything I was told to do. Everyone was great to work with and were willing to help you when necessary. The most enjoyable part of that job was always doing something new. The hardest thing was dealing with drunk people at the events.
On campus atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee), Martin,TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: lazy coworkers
Working at Sodexo was a decent experience, especially being on the college campus working with college students like myself. However, there were some disadvantages working there. Alot of the people I worked with did not have a great work ethic. They would do most of things half- heartedly. The managers were average as they would sometimes do lackadaisical – more... work as well. – less
Easy going company
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAJune 3, 2014
I very much enjoyed my work with Sodexho. My position consisted of very simple busy work that made my shift fly by. My co-workers were friendly, management was friendly, I always smiled coming into work. The pay was not great, but the work also did not require much skill. The only thing I disliked about this company is that they would allow the part-time – more... employees to work the max amount of hours they possibly could with out having to offer them benefits and a full time position. – less

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more