Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 4,017 reviews matching the search
Working at the CONCESSION Stand
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
There's lots to do while working at the concession stands. I learned how to organize food items and how to perform tasks faster. Also, the coworkers are very nice. The hardest part is delivering food on time.
Pros
Nice workers
Good job to have
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
Covered 3 hospitals for RD time off. Management was very supportive and encouraging. Co-workers easy to get along with and enjoyable to work with.
It's ok for the moment
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I worked at sedexo in Saint Louis at Saint Louis University Hospital for 1.5 years . They have good pay and benefits, but the management sucks and we was always short staff
Pros
Free food, good pay, and benefits
Cons
Management sucks and always short staff
Terrible Management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Dont apply with sodexo out of Harrisburg hospital they have terrible Management they treat their employees like their not human and pay low wages less then McDonalds they are the worst people to work for
Pros
Cons
Bad management, poor use of overtime, and terrible pay
Exciting work place with average pros and cons
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2017
There are some things that need to be worked on as far as management but overall good company . The was also a lack of proper training which hampered the overall production of the staff
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Lack of support
experience
Multi General Manager Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
great place to work, great place to work, great family and friend to be apart of and a good company to be apart of. Been with them many years. I look forward to working with them again in the near future.
amazing people loving enviornment
Food Service Worker/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 10, 2017
best place I've worked at. feel like family and pay is good. I would recommend people to apply. work with employees to best fit everybody needs. growing opportinue.
Work environment
Cook/Simply-To-Go (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2017
There have been a decent number of fellow employees that have shown good teamwork skills amongst each other while on the job.
Pros
Health insurance, benefits package
Cons
Shift, not enough hours
Good hours, decent benifits
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 10, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed working. With the exception of a lot of management switching. So gaining a proper pay increase/ review
proved to be difficult. Due to the fact that management was hardly stable.
Was a great work envorment until they added a young supervisor
Food Server..vista grande villa (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 9, 2017
I love my residents i was with everyday..7 months i served my redidents..then Sodexo put a young supervisor in our Cafe and everything went down hill. So 3 of us left and i regret it but her attitude was uncalled for
Great co-workers and customers.
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60603January 9, 2017
I worked for Sodexo for 13 years and loved the company. I worked at 3 different accounts and met some wonderful people. The management was great and taught me things to help with the growth in my career.
I really enjoyed this company
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJanuary 9, 2017
Their company has excellent people and they help you slot I worked for this company for Almost two years and that was a great experience if I could go back I would the only thing I didn't like was they don't pay you as good as they should
Pros
Free food
Cons
The pay is horrible
Sodexo is a great company to work for
Food Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJanuary 9, 2017
Sodexo takes their employees work / life balance very seriously. Treating their employee, all employees with respect and creating a great enjoyable work environment allows for all employees to be happy to come to work. While I worked for Sodexo I felt very secure in my job and always felt there was room to grow. As a manager the best part of my day was working side by side with my employees as a team to serve our customer and getting the job complete.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
New uniforms
Work a ton and paid a little
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Sodexo, Inc. is probably a great company to work for, just not at my particular location. Advancement is very much but the pay isn't worth it. Management showed favoritism, and rarely backed up their supervisors.
Very professional but no room for growth.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 9, 2017
I worked various positions during my time at Sodexo depending on the season, starting as a grill cook, then a Starbucks barista, and then as custodian/bellhop during the summer. Certainly a perk of Sodexo is they were very flexible for when I wanted to change schedules or even jobs there, which I am very grateful, and to their credit they take learning proper sanitation and cooking very seriously with what they have. However, the mid-level and higher management in all areas I worked were generally cold and pretty cynical, with only a few supervisors being easy to work with. In addition, there did not seem to be much room for growth, as all the supervisors had a minimum of 5 years of work experience at the company. The hardest part of the job would most likely be the occasionally disgusting deep cleaning you must do, but this is similar to any food service industry I would imagine.
Pros
1 free meal per day, 401k benefits, professional.
Cons
Short breaks, thankless work, minimum wage with no opportunity for growth.
Good place overall to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Learned a great deal on specialty diets and the different requirements that need to be followed according to state regulations. The hardest part of the job was getting to know residents and having them pass away.
Pleasant work place.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Great experience! Expanded my general understanding of work environment. My access to management and cooking staff allowed me to develop my knowledge about how a kitchen works. I worked in several areas of the kitchen and was able to see how the separate parts flow together in order to function optimally.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Nothing Major
Benefits don't outweigh quality of life
Clinical Dietitian II (Former Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCJanuary 8, 2017
Be prepared to have management expect you to work 365 days out of the year. Even to be on-call every weekend = not having a life outside of work. Love the hospital I worked in, and the people employed by the hospital, but Sodexo will burn you out and the turn over rate with this position was ludacris. If your young and don't have children, by all means, go for it. But your quality of life will be depleted no matter what.
Benefits
Cons
Working hours, management
was agreat job
St. Catherine Hosptial (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJanuary 7, 2017
Work at Summit Rescare helping people with distabiliy over coming daily chores cooking,laundry, trassportation . Been working with them for 6 months now. I enjoy working with the clinets. I help the clinets shopping for food and i play board games and do crafts with the clinets.
Pros
I get to show the clinets the love that i have for people.
Cons
I am not getting enough hours.
love to meet new people
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
ive learned a lot and chsnged sum things from workin in.a hospital i have grown a bond with majority of my fellow coworkers and other staff in the hospital...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.