Sodexo Employee Reviews

not a bad company for entry level positons
Manager of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTNovember 8, 2017
Ok place to work for entry level opportunities. They have a tremendous amount of turnover and pay poorly. Furthermore its a contract based company so eventually they'll lose the contract an you'll lose your job or be offered a lesser job some where else in a futile attempt to appease you.
excellent
Production Cook - 0 (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2017
Sodexo is a professional place to work for.Its a company that you can grow with and full leadership, well as team player and friendly place .Under Sodexo I'm work in a Charter School ,, where i enjoy my job to the fully that many task work i'm achieve .. Thank you Sodexo
It good to work for them
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 8, 2017
It was cool to work for them but if Detroit Public School pay them right they will still have the contact and I and other people will still be work at the as custodian and I would have 6 years in.
A good part-time job through college.
Deli Bar Station Manager (Former Employee) –  College Place, WANovember 8, 2017
This was a great opportunity for me. I enjoyed getting to meet people who came through my line. I quickly rose to station manager position. I'm fortunate to have gained this experience.
Great work/life balance
Global Finance Manager - Strategic Accounts (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 7, 2017
This company provides great work life balance, which is why most employees choose to remain at this company. Individuals take the time to get to know each other, which also makes it a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Life/work balance
Cons
Maternity benefits
it is a very unproductive and they ony worry about some one eles
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
they are a good company they are just very unorganized. they are always changing things up at the last minute and it is very stressful that's y i don't recommend working there
fast paced University with multiple venues and varried hours of operation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MENovember 7, 2017
Good company to work for from a training point of view. Lots of programs designed to help advance career. Location offered many wonderful opportunities to interact with customers. Staffing was frequently challenging and at times had to settle for staff that otherwise should not have.
Good place to work for a parent of young children
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 7, 2017
Good for when my children were young. Now looking for a full time position thats not as labor intensive. Enjoyed having my own kitchen. Manager was very nice and let us run our kitchens in a way that was good for us as long as we followed company rules and federal guidelines
Pros
good hours
Cons
physical labor
Quick paced but very stressful
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 7, 2017
This job is full time yet you have 3 months of no work due to school schedules (summer lay offs). Unemployment is now unavailable as of 2013 due to positions considered seasonal.
Pros
Free spending cash based on attendance and safety.
enviormental
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 6, 2017
contracted company within Alfred I DuPont healthcare system. no benefits from working in the center. poor management. a stepping stone, but I didn't see progression.
A great place to work.
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 6, 2017
The pace was quick and the people I worked with were great! The best part was the learning curve. I am always amazed with the science of cooking. There is always something new to be learned.
This was a good place to sharpen my leadership and team building skills.
DIAETARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 6, 2017
I would not return to this job, but I would not mind recommending it to a friend.This place has been filled with a lot of good and bad times but it served its purpose. I hope the company continues to succeed.
Pros
no breaks, accounting mistakes, shifty management, no attention to detail, lack of professionalism
Cons
healthcare
Fast Paced and a Great First Job
Park Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 6, 2017
Sodexo at Canobie Lake Park is a great first job for any teen / young adult. It provides a sense of ownership, the ability to further your teamwork and personable skills, and a great place to grow a strong work ethic.
Pros
A lot of hours available
Cons
Stressful, Very busy
fun easy going
food prep (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLNovember 6, 2017
got to meet new people everyday, enjoyed working with kids of all ages from age 4 to age 18, worked in several schools traveled around Okaloosa county
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
temporary school job
Runner (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 6, 2017
I hated this job. It made me not want to eat any of the food our school cafeteria was serving. Most of the employees were nice, though. I was only working here to have extra cash while attending school.
Great College Job
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2017
My experience at Sodexo has been great. I love who I work with and management. I am glad I applied 2 1/5 years ago. It has been a great time throughout college
Bowling and pool tabbles
Banquet Specialist/Server (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 6, 2017
It was fan, fast pace and very rewarding made good tips. Nice and strong team players excellent Management. I enjoy working with people that is my strongest dide.
Pros
Free
Cons
three breaks
Not a Fan
Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2017
In my time with Sodexo, I've learned a lot about management. Unfortunately it's what not to do. I've meet some good people, but the culture of management is not one that I feel I can thrive in neither do I feel that it is inclusive. This is my personal experience and I realize that others may have a different experience.
Acompany you can grow with
Regional Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 5, 2017
Sodexo is great organization with Safety, Diversity, and Service at the top of their list. They are also committed to their team's growth thus this enabling them the ability to provide those key people for those key management positions to get the job done.
Exciting place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2017
I love my job. It's fun and every day is different. My coworkers are fun to work with. I start out by cooking lunch for students lunch. I stock coolers of drinks. Stock all the snacks we sell. We serve lunch than we all help in cleaning. Management is good to us.
Pros
Coworkers are enjoyable
Cons
Not full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.