Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 4,382 reviews matching the search
Food Service Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 13, 2017
Sodexo is one of those huge companies with a small town heart. They really care about their staff and try their hardest to make sure you as the worker matter, because essentially we are who make the business run day in and day out.
Interacting with public made it worth while
Barista (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2017
While working for this company i have seen supervisors and managers come and go,employees have came and went, Upper Management are not on one accord with one another. They display unprofessionalism.
Pros
Interact with public
Cons
Not good benefits for employees, non professionalism
Barista
Barista (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2017
For the time i spent at Sodexo it has been a revolving door. Managers and Supervisors have came and went. Employees dont stay long.They're policies are not right.
Pros
Interact with customers
Cons
The managers and supervisor don't communicate well with employees
Not quality of life
Environmental Service Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 12, 2017
A typical day is 24hrs of non stop work. Just because your not physically at work doesn't mean you are not. Poor managers are recycled within the district, district managers doesn't care.
Good at food service
MANAGER of INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
Bad hours (nights, weekends, extremely early mornings, etc.) Management knows food service but not anything else. Paranoid about people robbing them somehow.
Pros
Not bad at food. Free food.
Cons
Long hours.
opportunity for mobilization
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAApril 12, 2017
The company I am currently working has provided TV at a break broom, fuse ball table, water, soft drinks, coffee, and all lunch appliance needs. The atmosphere is energetic, space, and bright. The company has offered good benefits such as vacation time, sick time, and opportunity for mobilization. Employees have received appreciation from their department managers by providing monthly lunches, gift card, Christmas party, incentive bonus, safety bonuses,
employee service awards.

I have learned efficient methods of resolving issues of both incontinency in urgent time and foreseeable occurrences.

My current job is always have month end close of financial statements. At first, I find was challenge due to all data must be posted timely and accurately. Since I have worked at the company for years, this becomes a routine of work without any more challenges.
I have never put a scale on balancing whether I am satisfying with this workloads or type of works. It is a set of mind that if one negative exists, my work performance will be poor and negatively affects to other team members or coworkers. I have always willingly accept of receiving existing or new tasks assigned from managers. My positively accepting tasks that assigned to me increases the productivity of my works.
Pros
being communicated clear about jobs duties
Cons
never found ones
Boring Place no entertainment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2017
A regular work day normally starts off kind of slow in order everyone to take a 30 minute breaks before the 5:30 rush. After that we begin to serve 300 to 500 students dinner until we close at 8 p.m.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work as a full-time student.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 11, 2017
This job has flexible hours which is perfect for a full-time student looking for a job on the side. I typically work a few hours in between classes or after a full day of class but the work isn't too demanding.
fun
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 11, 2017
place is very fun to work in it gets very tiring when washing the dishes and extrmely hot but its a laid back job other than that very friendly co workers
Food Service at a college
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 11, 2017
Was an ok job. Other employees very nice. customers were college students that were all very nice and enjoyable to work with. Able to try different skills.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough staff to help
good work place . good people
Lead Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 11, 2017
Great place to work. The people are great to work with. Nurses are awesome and friendly. I feel for the patients and care for their rooms . Sodexo cares for their rooms and their patients .good company to work for . I am just looking something new
sodexo
Cashier / Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 11, 2017
good working environment, good management. Fast pace work place. Most enjoyable was taste testing the food. The hardest part was keeping up with the fast pace environment.
Not a very good company
Dishwasher/Pizza Chef/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 10, 2017
Not a very good company, promises advancement opportunity but does not follow through with promises and treats its workers like tools and not like employees.
April 13, 2017

Hello there- I'm very sorry to hear about what you've described here, as providing growth and advancement opportunities is something we try to assist our employees with. We have many who have moved from hourly or frontline up to management and executive roles, so while I am not sure of your exact situation, I encourage any employees interested in advancement to work with their managers or HR to discuss competencies and career goals. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

Very flexible on a college campus, easy to learn.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 10, 2017
Working with Sodexo on a college campus was great, flexible scheduling, fun coworkers, and easy to learn the electronic interfaces. The products were good, too, and very convenient.
Pros
Free lunches
Great environment!!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 10, 2017
Sodexo is a place to learn and grow your natural born skills. The culture is so diverse and the workplace is absolutely fun! We prepare meals straight by the recipe and they are delicious!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Fun productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2017
Enjoyed working for sodexo warehouse when it was running the warehouse at Whataburger field. I like coming to work for the company and the field. Enjoyed it
Loving people and great place to work
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 10, 2017
I absolutely LOVED working here but the management was ridiculous and I wish it' d get better. I love everyone I worked beside they were like family and they made sure I was ALWAYS good a work.
Pros
Great
Cons
Good company to work for
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYApril 8, 2017
Sodexo is a great company in the business of contract management. The nature of the beast is that your experience will depend greatly on the client that you are working for and is not necessarily a reflection of Sodexo...but still impacts your daily experience.
April 13, 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review. You're right that the nature of contract services is accounts will vary from one client to the next. I still hope you had a positive experience during your time at Sodexo and invite you to join our alumni community Reconnexions if you'd like to stay in touch. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

let go because I was smoking in the far back of buiding parking lot.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown PSApril 8, 2017
I feel they could have helped with a quit smoking program, but instead I was let go, I received numerous employee of the month awards for everything for perfect attendance to customer service. I was far enough way for the hospital that I felt trucks caused more imition than a cigeratte smoke. But they claimed it was policy I was very sad to go since I really loved this job,
Cons
stupid policies
A great place and environment, I met so many wonderful people there.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 8, 2017
Sodexo, Saint Francis Hospital Cafeteria was a great place to work, I got to meet some amazing people that were also my employees all 54 of them in my unit were under my supervision, I also perfected AYR on patient services, I was trained to take over the money controllers position when they were on vacation or take time off, I was in charge of Catertax/Catering, menu creating, daily inventory etc. Overall it was a great experience for me as I did learn a lot and I'm extremely hand on person and I'm cross trained in all areas of any FOH & BOH facility's.
Pros
I got to work with some wonderful people and I loved my job.
Cons
No breaks, 12 to 14 hour work days.
April 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your position at Sodexo. It sounds like you were able to work on several major components of our retail / food business and that you enjoyed yourself while doing it. If you're every interested in returning, I encourage you to join our alumni community Reconnexions. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval