Sodexo
2,693 reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Excellent food service products, great prices for the quality, good employee discount.
Cashier (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 5, 2015
Pros: great products, convenient drive service to customers, saves grocery time, etc.
Cons: customers doesn't keep control over their pets, drivers carry money which could allow danger, certain areas of service puts drivers in danger as well, some of the trucks get robbed, etc.
I would recommend specific food products to the consumer. I have purchased numerous items and have enjoyed most of them. I have also involved my family for certain purchases.
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Moorhead, MNApril 3, 2015
fun place to work with a lot of great and nice people to work with.i liked the staff ,the management and the general environment.i would definitely go back if i have to work in food handling.
Fun,Safe Work place
Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Vestal, NYApril 3, 2015
Teach you everything you need to know. had alot of patience. very nice employees. very fun learning technique. lots of differant foods
You get to see people having fun at work.
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: Sodexo will teach you alot.
Cons: Sometimes you have to deal with attitudes but, that's a part of life
My Manager was awesome. We worked together if I had a Doctor's Appt. or just needed a day off. Plus the other employees made me feel comfortable when I was new.
Good
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Leadership
Prepare and educate staff to cook Multicultural and American cuisine to include appetizers, stocks, soups, sauces, salads, meats, seafood, poultry, potatoes, grains, and desserts
• Maintain quality standards when training staff to follow proper techniques in Steaming, Broiling, Braising, Baking, Grilling, Barbecuing, Stir-fry, Steam bake, Blow-torching, Char-grilling, Smoking, curing
• Develop and implement seasonal, specials event and standard menus
• Estimate food consumption levels and purchase specified quantities
• Oversee all areas of operation
• Responsible for training, scheduling, mentoring of cook staff
• Ensure and monitor HACCP
• Ensure proper maintenance and operation of all kitchen equipment
• Financial acumen
Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 31, 2015
This is a very friendly place. The environment is a bit childish but other than that its a good job. If you did a good job they tried to reward you but it was very hard to advance. I did my job 100 percet for 6 years and every time i applied to move up i got shut down.
It was alright
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ocean Springs MsMarch 31, 2015
Nothing to say. They wasn't a good company to work for. They didn't help the workers when they really need their help. Management wasn't good at all. I enjoyed my coworkers.
morning and lunch grill
Cashier/ Food Service (Former Employee), raleighMarch 31, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: very routine
food safety always number one. loved to come in and prepare days needs for each station. learned how to time manage for morning prep to continue out day. co workers were helpful. hardest part of job keeping outside upkeep during day.
Workday @ Bethel University
Extern (Former Employee), Bethel UniversityMarch 31, 2015
Differed from day to day. There are many different stations to work. I have worked pizza station, Grill station, Wok station and the salad bar. Whatever station you are assigned to, you prepare the suggested amount of food items for that meal (ie Breakfast, lunch or dinner). Working Salad bar is just basically keeping all items fully stocked throughout each meal time (Breakfast, lunch or dinner). Maintain sanitation standards for the station you are at.

I learned how to cut 25 lbs. of grapes, cutting each grape in half.
I enjoy teaching on the the job!!
Food Production Manager/Executive Chef (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Able to teach
Cons: very little creativity
The hospital unfortunately does not allow for much creativity and I would like to get back into that kind of atomsphere.
wonderful place to work
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 30, 2015
If you are considering a salaried position within the company take your time and ensure that you are happy with your starting salary, they will low ball you. And it will take you years to make up the difference. Yearly raises are pretty small and unless you are a GM dont expect a yearly bonus.
lacking
Cook (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 29, 2015
No leadership or direction on managements behalf. Long stressful days, with no initiative to correct or make work environment more productive or manageable. Quality control and presentation was lacking.
Great team players
GM ASSITANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Reisterstown MdMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Wonderful to work for
Cons: Did not give enough notice before lay off occurred
Working for the company has been rewarding. The lay off on the east coast has hurt many families. Only thing I would suggest would be to find other positions for current employees before the lay off.
An excellent company to work for they provide all the tools necessary to succeed.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities, excellent learning platforms, supportive managers, family atmosphere
Cons: Pay rate for front line employees needs to be more competitive to attract better talent.
Sodexo is one of the better contracted food service companies that I have worked for. I have been in food service for over twenty years and Sodexo is the only company that I have seen that really invests in its employees.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work was making drinks for customers and restocking materials and shelves. I learned better time management tactics and how to better multitask. I got along alright with my co-workers when they did what we needed done. The hardest part of the job was getting things done when they needed to be done as soon as possible but the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, and communicating with them.
Good job and I knew what work to do.
Soil Sort Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: There was structure and we knew what to do.
Cons: The breaks were to short to get from work area to the break room.
Typical day was fast paced. The environment was good. Management was fair. I worked well with the other co-workers and it had structure so everyone knew what their duties were.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 27, 2015
Good place to work.
Good benefits.
good people.
Lots of paper work.
Good co workers that know what theyre doing.
Some upper management does not always help you when you need it.
Good position for the time there
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2015
Sodexo was a good place to work for the time I was there, which was just over 6 years. I learned a lot and was promoted as well. However, I was offered a better opportunity so I wanted to take it.
A fun place to learn new materials and grow as a individual
Cashier (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 26, 2015
I am currently working for Sodexo at a Children's hospital. Since I have been there I have learned so much and have grown as an individual. I love my coworkers and my management team. The company does and excellent job at team work making sure the employees of the hospitals and patients and their families are satisfied to the fullest. I am currently a cashier at my current job now. I work personally with the patients and the families. I always make sure that I do whatever it is to keep the patients happy and satisfied. They are already going threw a tough time in their lives, and sometimes the simplest things such as a Hi. How are you can change their whole day. I am always willing to take on a challenge and try new things.
Good Job
Equipment distribution tech (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 26, 2015
This job is a great job for someone who likes to walk. I learned to work with different people through out the day on different floors of the hospital.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more

Sodexo Salaries