Sodexo
2,479 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

Sodexo
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Geat Job, good environment staff were nice, I wish the job could have lasted longer
Serious but enjoyable work environment
Kitchen Personnel/Lunch Aide (Former Employee), Westampton, NJJanuary 22, 2015
morning preparation of breakfast for students, set up of cafeteria lunch line for students and teachers. serve snacks from snack bar, process transactions, the coworkers were extremely nice and easy to work with. they were also very willing to train any new hires. the most enjoyable part of the job was prepping the food and interacting with the students and teachers.
Great Hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: low pay
I arrive at 8:30. I make the Chef Salads, side salads and set up the teachers salad bar. I then prepare the main entree for the Teachers Lunch Menu. My co-workers are very nice and friendly. I enjoy cooking and being around the little kids. The hardest part of the job would be trying to make sure everything is clean before your shift is over.
Good Company
General Manager IV (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good company, had lots of training opportunities
Cons: did not listen to the right people
Good company, but this was a rush job. Army contract, lost the contract people, hired 40 new people to do their work with no help from the former workers. I was just there to get it up and running. As soon as I got it up and running, they brought in a person who had several years experience with them doing military kitchens. Pay was good, hours were long, did not get support from my immediate supervisor.
kitchen prep
Cooper Road (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDJanuary 22, 2015
- Wash, peel and cut various food to prepare for cooking or serving
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Gathers and empty trash.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, ladders and prepares facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Services, cleans, and replenishes restrooms supplies.
Caring work environment
Dietary Consultant (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 21, 2015
I loved everything about this company , my peers management etc. Only reason why i left was because i had to moved.
A number of talented people and a wide selection of resources.
District Manager (Current Employee), California, TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: travel and fine dining, client interaction and golfing
Cons: travel
- Review district financial information
- Handle client calls to ensure our operators are performing at a high level and meeting expectations
- Facilitate individual discussions with my GM team regarding resources or support they need from me
- Daily air travel to visit communities that we manage
- Enjoy interacting and meeting Seniors and have them tell me stories about their childhood and adulthood
Good employer
General Manager / Chef (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Excellent work/life balance, Good training programs and managerial support,
blessing
stock clerk (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: low pay
unload stock trucks help cooks with food or whatever is needed keep work place clean help food court teams with whatever is needed it is a blessing what this company does for those kids everyone has a smile enjoyable place because of what we do
Very Fast paced, always something to do
Catering Staff (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
There will be lots to do. But, you work as a team. It's very good job for college students.
The work and customers are enjoyable.
Barista (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: non stable work schedule
My day at work is fun. I have learned how to create great coffee beverages. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is not having a stable work schedule. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and providing quality service.
great mentorship
Banquet Chef/Unit Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Had an incredible mentor that taught me a great deal about sauce preparation, plate presentation and executing caterings efficiently
food preparation and set up of different stations, cleaning and sanitation of stations.
exhibition cook,first cook (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good health benefits, job security
Cons: no room for advancement
Check in and start food preparation, set up of different station, clean and sanitation of stations.
I have learned advance review and preparation makes for a smoother day of work.
the Management of some places is not always what is expected but learned to try and deal with what is available.
Working with Co-worker is easier if they are not told to do jobs but ask to help in the job.
One of the hardest parts is lack of ingredients for recipes and made to deal with the little supplied.
The most enjoyable part is interaction with the customers.
It starts at the top...
General Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: incompetent upper management, no accountablilty. nothing rolls uphill here
For nearly two decades I gave everything I have to this company. When I joined it was under the friendly culture of Wood Business Dining, a family owned company that loved and treated their employees like extended members. As with many companies, the acquisition of Wood to Sodexo ended an era. As much of the upper management began to leave, the company experience evolved from one of pride to cut-throat.
It starts at the top. When a district begins to lose multiple units and fails to win new business, District Managers need to be held accountable, and if they are not, then the issue has to be higher up the ladder. The Wilmington Delaware area has been notoriously mismanaged for close to a decade now. Dozens of clients won't even speak to our District Manager due to their distaste for her. One won't even allow her name to be mentioned during meetings. So if your clients look that negatively at someone in that position, imagine what life for the employees must be like. I've seen great talent within the company overlooked for open positions, instead hiring outside 'talent' that didn't last in the position for three months. After 18 years, I was suspiciously moved to a 'resource' position. When I was told soon after that my position was being eliminated, due to a lack of new business, I found that magically a 'resource' position doesn't allow for severance pay. This is a company that forced me to deliver inventory numbers during my bereavement leave for the death of my mother. I've seen other employees forced to remain in positions/locations despite hostile work environment claims – more... to HR. I've been forced to work OT without pay. Forced to travel to other states without pay.
Ultimately a company's success, such as Sodexo's, depends largely on how well that specific region is managed. So I can't speak for Sodexo from a national perspective, however; I can say that the human resource process appears very detached from employee rights while accountability to the failures of upper management seems nonexistent.
So beware, in my experiences, Sodexo is a company that believes their employees are disposable, a dime a dozen. When you bring that culture to an entire district, it's poison. – less
Have learn and acquire different positions within the company
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago,IllinoisJanuary 16, 2015
Responsible for supervision of kitchen staff,Ensures quality production standards are maintained ,Prepare reports as needed by management,Responsible for safety, quality requirements essential to the company,Conducts Inventory or all products for shift,Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity
ok
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Work was good for me on the daily basis. Met wonderful people outside the work environment. Management was OK, I learned a lot from the managers and their work ethics! The hardest part of the job was budget cutting as a whole, we lost some employers and lost hours, which made more work assigned and a lot of things disappointing.
Great environment with even greater staff.
Barista (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, benefits and free lunch
Cons: understaffed and lack of management
This job included getting to talk to a variety of guests on a daily basis while creating high-quality drinks. We open daily for the early birds and worked through several rushes throughout the rest of the shift. Staff was bright and encouraging which allowed for a pleasant experience while in the midst of a rush. I was allowed the opportunity to shift lead and conduct others through a shift and build confidence in becoming more of a leader figure.
Productive and organized workplace with a fast paced mannor.
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: broad range of responsibilities, increased knowledge and ability to manage different situations, and free lunches.
Cons: healthcare, strict regulated areas during breaks, and restricted from property unless on shift.
I loved my job here. The residents made everyday a new challenge and I looked forward to it. My employment here helped me learn more about interacting with many different types of people and how to treat each situation with professionalism. This was the most difficult part about this job as well as the most rewarding.
A good place to work
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: this company was flexible with scheduling.
Cons: unable to communicate with management in a timely fashion.
My job duties were to set up my station everyday and make sure everything was nice and neat. I provided excellent customer service to incoming guests. I balanced my cash drawer and completed cash and credit card transactions. I learned how to run a small cafe. My managers didn't really interact with the staff but they were very stern on what they wanted and how they wanted it done. My Co-worker was very eager to learn and a excellent team player. The hardest part of my job was to keep track of inventory from the days I was off. The most enjoyable part of my job was being to handle customer's concerns or complaints.
Cheapskates
Night Cook/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Goldsmith, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good place to start to move on to something better
Cons: weak management, lots of time taken from your life.
Do your homework and know your worth for the position you apply for it is this company's policy to underpay people who don't know better and you will find yourself resenting them after you are hired and you find out you are underpaid and didn't negotiate with them beforehand. Management is weak you will find the best workers work beside you.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more