Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 4,016 reviews matching the search
Nice place to work
Full time Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 30, 2016
Great and accommodating company, mobility can be difficult. Training process was very valuable, but management can be resistant to letting go of responsibilities.
Lots of Benefits and a good place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk / Sr. Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 29, 2016
Good place to work, lots of Benefits. Co-workers are helpful and fun to get along with. Management need work. The work is hard and enjoyable at the same time. Always learn something new.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
nothing
Don't waste your time, keep looking.
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 29, 2016
Awful company to work for. I wish I knew what I was getting myself into. Always under staffed. Very high turnover. Overwork the few people they manage to keep. Mangement is a joke. They just allow employees to run over them. Very disruptive environment to work in. Little to no guidance. Expected to do your daily duties and juggle catering events at the same time.
Cons
No advancement or career development training.
Worked as a part time during my college
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 29, 2016
It was not too terrible but definitely could be better. They always paid the minimum wage rate (7.50/hour or something back then). When I asked for a raise, the manager basically said just leave the job since there were/are so many other foreign students who want to work. I think/hope it was different for full time workers.
Learning Experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILDecember 29, 2016
I learned how to make everyday meals such as, omelets, smoothies, and other american cultured food. Overall I believe I became a more experience cook from where I started.
Managers with bad attitudes!
no title (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2016
This job was horrible! The workers tell the supervisor and manager what to do. The supervisor is very messy and kept up a lot of conflict on the floor. I was so happy leave. Worst job I ever had and best decision I ever made!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough money and bad management
Unstable at best!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 29, 2016
From day one this company and it's managment have shown themselves to be unorganized, uncaring, and unconcerned. They have changed their stand in almost everything. changed what they said they wouldn't showing no concern on the impact for long term employees.
Over all bad. Money in its pocket is their first concern Quality of life is a false mantra where sodexo is concerned.
Pros
Management is absent therefore not breathing down your neck
Cons
Untrustworthy, aloof, dishonest, unconcerned
productive and fun work place
Vegan Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 28, 2016
greatest place I have ever worked chef and management were outstanding wish I was still there miss my sodexo family from new london
Excellent place to work
Custodial Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 27, 2016
I love my management team, they believe in 100% work/life balance. The compensation for salaried employees could be a little better. The benefits are great and at a reasonable price.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Drama
backwards
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2016
they are a backwards company to work for at UT they lay off and fire all the best hardest workers who stand up for themselves and keep the laziest workers who don't work overtime and leave their shift early and call off alot.
Pros
one free meal
Cons
nothing
Good Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working here, but it is a bit disorganized. They're generally short staffed and have to move people around to cover others. There wasn't a system in place to reprimand those who were not punctual or did not show up. The coworkers were friendly and it is akin to a family.
productive and fun working place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 26, 2016
this was a productive working place. i enjoyed the work environment and all the employees i worked with. The hardest part of the job was not being in the same place everyday.
Building Work Ethic
Utility Worker/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2016
It was a great first job. It was a ton of work and I didn't have flexible hours which was one of the main downsides so when I left to start school there was no way for me to switch to part-time. Overall, I had a great working experience, learning the ropes of how the company works.

The biggest life lesson I learned from my manager at the time was to always give it 110%, all the time, even when I don't feel like it so I can always stay ahead of myself. Even in the midst of help, always find something to do to stay busy. It'll help the day go by faster and you'll get more done. With that being said, I still had my breaks and ate 3 times a day there, so my job at Sodexo was my home away from home.

I took this job to the heart, I remember one time I didn't want to be late because I knew they would need me badly for the morning rush to feed the hungry teachers and high school kids so I caught an uber during a snowstorm just to get to work on time since SEPTA was down. The takeaway is that when you give it your all, the company you work for only becomes better.
Pros
free food three times a day
Cons
consumed entire working day from 7:15 am till 9:30 at night
Housekeeping Manager - at Conemaugh Hospital (Current Employee) –  Richland, PADecember 26, 2016
I enjoy the environment that sodexo creates. They are true to their employees and do not treat anyone without respect. Hope to move up in the company to make more money.
bad plae to work, management promotes conflict
Licensed (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 25, 2016
Not a good place to work. Bad management, promotes conflict among workers
I do not like working here.
IU do not know what else to say.
Pros
good piers to work with
Cons
bad management
Sodexo is a Great Opportunity to make a Great Living
General Manager (Former Employee) –  USADecember 25, 2016
I worked for Sodexo off and on for 15 years.
During that time I was able to meet so many great people.
I enjoyed both my peers in the management field as well as getting to know the employees at the various locations that I would travel to.
My job was to be the fresh eyes when there was the potential for complacency or something needing to be fixed.
I was able to work in both Middle Management and Upper Management.
I worked with some very experienced and knowledgeable staff and managers.
I was very impressed with upper management and the CEO who always communicated our Goals and objectives as a company.
Pros
Awesome learning experience, met great people, work in both union and nonunion environment, travel to other cities states.
Cons
away from home for days depending on your position
productive
Cook/waitress (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27401December 23, 2016
Very fast paced work environment with sometimes stressful days. Worked mostly with college students. Enjoyed the employees who were kind and friendly and made working there a little bit more bearable.
Great place good friends
Food Service Employee (Current Employee) –  Misenheimer, NCDecember 22, 2016
I have been working there for 20 yrs and I have enjoyed my time there because of the good friends I have made and will make which makes it a great place to work
Pros
Meeting people from around the world and providing them a service
Cons
Too much down time
Fun workplace
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 22, 2016
Work and interact with nice and fun people. Fast paced environment, always moving. It feels like the place is short staffed, though it has a full staff.
Pros
Free Lunch and drinks
Cons
Healthcare, short breaks
Give me expierice and help me lean more
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 22, 2016
One of my biggest acknowledgment was getting that job and working offshore and becoming apart of that team. I like learning about how utility and gallery hands work cook.
Pros
Learning my job
Cons
Taking a boat to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.