Sodexo
2,557 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

I just do not feel like that was a professional work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day would be very busy until our dinner rush was over and then we would have to work to gt everything neat again for the next morning. My co workers were all around my age group and we all got a long great, we were really comfortable with one another. I think the most enjoyable part was just dealing with people, that brings a smile to my face and I just enjoy it.
Great atmosphere and co-workers were outstanding. Very good for sports fans and people who enjoy the sports atmosphere. College fans are exciting.
Concession Attendant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: sporting events
Cons: no breaks
exerience in the workforce
Food Preparation Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: im eager to help everybody.
Cons: im to nice to everyone
work day was busy and under pressure. i learned that i can work best under pressure. the management was above approach and professional. i enjoy working with my co-workers, good team work.getting to know most of the customer who walk through the door. learning new job and strengthen my skills for the workforce.
There are certain good Managers
Senior Resource Manager Facilities Custodial (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 12, 2015
I was a top performer for 4 1/2 years. I had multiple deaths of friends and family.
I received absolutely no support from anyone in Sodexo except one DM who was not even involved with me anymore.
I called in sick even though I was told I could if things were bothering me.
I was fired. I must admit I was given a lot of chances but they knew I was having trouble and received no help.
This is odd to me because they teach managers to look for these signs and to help them. I guess you do not help managers.
I really enjoyed working for Sodexo
Chef Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to work the opportunity for advancement is there along with training needed to help you suceed. Co-Workers and upper Management had great personality.
Client Based Services
Mail Room Worker (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: wages
• A typical work day would consist of working 8 hrs and a 1 hour lunch.

• I've learned many skills but pay doesn't match with learned skills.

• My current management is great....

• The hardest part of the job is many are not team players.

• The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers
productivity driven environment a varied collection of characters
Operations Managers (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meeting residents from different countries.
Cons: when those residents become friends then leave
meetings in the mornings.I have learned to deal with different types of expectations.Coming up with new ways to handle issues involving residents.
A typical day at Sodexo...
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Livingston, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free luch and good food
Cons: short break and not a enought communcation with work detailing
being a part of sodexo was ok when u first started working there but as the adys go by u know what they say about people they true colors starter to show. There was lack off communcation with management and thing was just all over the place.. the hards part working there was trying to stay humble.. but what a i enjoyed the most was meet some nice people there..
Providing Service
MESSHALL ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Oceanside, CaFebruary 11, 2015
It was an amazing experience to be able to provide services to our military men and women. Getting to meet new people and hear about different countries they have been was a great experience.
Wonderful work environment and great customer base
Platform Cook (Current Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great schedule, our students, and the workplace environment
Cons: no advancement opportunity, wage and benefits
My typical day starts at 5:30am and I begin to set up the kitchen and turn on the ovens. I then begin food preparation and organizing the days menu items. After breakfast and lunch is served, I will then clean up the kitchen and any other tasks that are needed to be completed for the next day. My co-workers are great to work with, they are helpful and knowledgeable, we work as a team. Management has not been consistent and my efforts for advancement were not acknowledged or respected. With in the 11 years I've worked for Sodexo, I have learned many new skills, broaden my knowledge of food and nutrition, and gained a plentiful amount of respect for food and those who work in the industry.
Bad Business
Waitress (Former Employee), Orinda, CAFebruary 10, 2015
not enough hours, poor management, and not paying enough only worked here for three months and had to quit. i didn't like this job
Great company to work for with average wages depending on account.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Loudonville, NY and Albany,NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, payed holidays, retirement, lots of opportunity to grow with the bussiness
Cons: slow advancement from employee to management in same account
Per- account..

I have been in some great and not so great accounts in the Albany,NY area in the past 10 years. I feel this company really changed the way they have done business in this time. They certainly are a force to be reckoned with. They have "SNOWBALLED" lots of accounts by putting the customers needs first and adjusting as needed to meet the bottom line.
Fast-paced work environment with a mix of non-educated and educated professionals. Sodexo is trying hard to put a "NEW FACE" on the business with certified chefs. They are weeding out old management with no education. This is leaving room for newer and younger management team to lead the way!! Being a restaurant and catering chef for many years. I turned to Sodexo to meet my personal needs (payed time off including holidays, great benefits and of coarse retirement). I struggled at first with the lack of creativity that was welcomed and the use of poor quality products. I think now with the new business structure. More creativity is welcomed!
Sodexo should also look a little closer at quality not quantity in their food purchases. Customers these day have a ton more health needs to be met then ever before. There is no way to get around big business but at least try hard to buy the best products you can. Overall this company was great to work for with miner things to change if they can change at all.

Best,
ex-emloyee
Busy, fast place to work at.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), 2160 1st Ave, Maywood, IL 60153February 8, 2015
Pros: great hours, nice schedule, enough work
Cons: not enough money, poor management, too far from home
I come into work everyday to the floors that assigned to me, the co-workers are really nice and cool to work with I known them over the years I been working there. The managers aren't so nice they are pretty rude, some are nice and some aren't. I really dislike coming to work everyday and getting the same pay, and I been working there for over 5+ years, I deserve more money than I get. I really don't mind working for housekeeping or any cleaning job that's what I interest in the most. I learned over the years that if you want to work for the public, you must have great customer service skills with a great, positive attitude.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Sodexo is a great company to work for. Priority is set to provide the best possible service to clients and customers. Resources are always available to excel at your job.
Food service worker/Barista/Closing Lead (Former Employee), Einstein Bros. Bagels, Gonzaga UniversityFebruary 6, 2015
Cons: lots of campus holidays--closed for all breaks and during summer
Pretty good place to work. Fast-faced, days go by quick. Didn't know how often the campus would be closed through out the year: everyone's laid off for the summer, closed over a month for christmas break, two weeks for spring break, etc.
Fun work atmosphere and great people
Supply Management Intern (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 5, 2015
I worked as a project lead with 21 supply managers on a supplier locator tool that launch in August 2014 and would ultimately reach 50,000 end users. I was responsible for setting up templates in Excel so that information could be entered into the tool in a uniform manner and we received all the information required from the supply managers.
Great environment
Barista (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2015
Very outstanding place to work for, great environment and extremely professional and a great way to start into the customer service area.
Productive, fun, and fast paced environment
Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch; great management; great employees
Cons: benefits; not much overtime
I thought that Sodexo had a great management staff and employees. My time there was very informative and I took advantage of multiple 2-3 day classes such as General Mills, Pillsbury, and Sandwich Making. The environment was friendly and fast paced.
Not the best.
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Not the best. They do not treat their employees very well. Compensation could be a lot better for their hard working employees.
A very productive and diverse environment. Major global player in its field.
Senior Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good in-house training programs, great sense of social responsibility, food drives to support local schools and food banks
Cons: not the greatest health plan.
A typical day begins with:
• Arranging international travel for the Vice Presidents and the Directors.
• Preparing expense reports and updating the travel and meeting budget for VP finance.
• Working on PowerPoint presentations for Global Supplier Business Review projects.
I have learned to manage complex business travel, sometimes on a very short notice.
Working at Sodexo I get the chance to interact with, and manage projects for the International team based in Europe and South America.
This job has provided me with the unique opportunity to deal with different personalities successfully with tact and diplomacy. I am able to meet with complex demands made on my time- partly due to the time difference between US & Europe.
Scheduling high level global meetings/events with multiple Global Head of departments is a challenge indeed!
To create and manage the SharePoint site for my division has been a good learning experience.
I enjoy working in the Global division of Sodexo; it gives me a diverse perspective of the company's operations.
Best of all, I am very fortunate to be working with a multi-national team of highly driven and result oriented individuals. They support each other in their efforts to succeed as a team.

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more

Sodexo Salaries