Sodexo Employee Reviews

Enjoyable but for hours!!
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed just about everything when i worked for this company and woulf still be there if not for poor work hours (5 am to 130 pm)

Nothing was very hard about the job other than lifting and moving furniture during dorm cleaning season.

i loved my co workers and the staff faculty and students i worked for at the site, just not the hours!!
Pros
self-directed environment
Cons
work hours!!
Excellent
Food Service Worker/Transporter (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2017
Staff is great followed by a great management team. A great place for a number of possibilities for advancement in the company. Definately a family friendly enviroment.
Fair
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 16, 2017
Local environment is good. Upper management is very deceiving to staff. They will not speak to anyone about their performance or plans for the future in the office but will speak to clients and customers about individuals performance.
Great working environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 16, 2017
* Client focused environment.
* Teamwork is essential for smooth operation.
* Opportunity for employee input, advancement according to union
specifications for hourly employee.
* Training provided.
* Community and service oriented.
* Hot meals provided.
* Must meet management expectations
* Sanitation, attendance and customer service highly importan
Pros
Excellent teamwork, great clients
Cons
Some nights, weekends/holidays required.
Horrible Management
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 15, 2017
They encourage horrible management. They do not fire management, just relocate them. Not all districts or regions are horrible, but the education sector really is!

They do not encourage growth (unless you are a favorite) or promotion. They also poor raises and overlook hardworking employees.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
dictators, poor work/life balance
patience come first
Manager Housekeeping and Transportation (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 15, 2017
it was challenge everyday,day to day meeting difference people from different state,
talking with patient on their say at the hospital and how was they visit.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Make it a productive & fun enviorment
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 14, 2017
Any company you work for you have to make it a fun place and enjoyable. Sometime there is lot's of issue that you have to face but make sure you stay calm and do your best.
great place to grow
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2017
Fun fast learning work place with room to grow. Fairly new account management could use more training.Work started from six am.It began with turning on all the kitchen equipment stoves,ovens,boilers lights and so forth. second prepared cooking well to keep the food at proper temp.
Pros
learning more skills
Cons
tarty management
Part Time Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 13, 2017
I worked part time while in school. It was a great opportunity to earn some money while working around my college classes and it was easy because all of the work was on campus - no commute!
my experience
Operations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 13, 2017
Exciting, fun and fulfilling company to work for.
Great guidelines for success and growth.
World wide relocation programs and incentives for bettering ones self and company.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
Health care
Management and pay
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2017
matched pay for every position they had to offer which was unfair to 3rd shift employees and management was not all compliant to employee concerns. So overall I wouldn't recommend this company.
Systemattics wins the ordeal
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2017
The day to day demands for a food service director are erratic, with proper systems set in place objectives and growing issues can be accomplished and solved in a quality timely fashion. The harder the task the greater the accomplishment. Attitude controls the atmosphere,a positive approach gets positive results.
Job with good pay, and advancement opportunities
General Manager/ District Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 13, 2017
Job with good pay, and advancement opportunities. Good benefits, and opportunities to transfer if needed. Very diverse work force. Good management team, with procedure in place.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits
Cons
Lots of hours
Official response from Sodexo
November 20, 2017

Great feedback - thank you for sharing with us and potential candidates. I hope you continue to enjoy your time at Sodexo. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

If I can convince one person who is looking for a job NOT to take one at the PSU Sodexo, I will feel like I have accomplished at least one good deed.
Server (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHNovember 13, 2017
I was blown away by how mean and unprofessional the staff was. In my seven months of working there, I met five nice people (and three were part-time workers who were students.) I have been unemployed, and although my money is decreasing more and more, I still do not want to go back to working at that place. I'd rather be broke and somewhat happy, than have money and be absolutely miserable twelve+ hours a day, five days a week. Maybe I sound like I'm overreacting, but I assure you I'm not; no one who works there is happy and you can practically feel the negativity and anger in the air. I have never heard anyone praise the Plymouth State University Sodexo; and now I know why. Absolutely horrific.
Pros
Free food (only on your break)
Cons
Short breaks, mean employees, extremely unprofessional
Quick paced place but no room to advance
FSW (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 12, 2017
Cool place to work at with good atmosphere but there is not room to advance unless you become a head cook.It is definitely a good come up job with benefits. Ive learned a lot from having this job because ive done every position except be a chef/head cook or in the office. The hardest part is gossip and being around misunderstandings; the most enjoyable is seeing our customers happy with their meals.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions, Pay
Official response from Sodexo
November 14, 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and concerns. While it appears you may no longer work for Sodexo, I want to encourage you or anyone else considering advancement to work closely with management and/or HR. We have many employees who began in hourly roles and have worked their way to management and executive positions. While every unit is a bit different in terms of size, services offered, etc. sometimes advancement may be easier by applying to another location in your area. We have thousands of locations across the country, so I encourage anyone thinking about career growth to consider all options we offer. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

Would like to advance
Hollywood Bowl Food & Wine (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 11, 2017
Sodexo is great. An early opportunity relayed information aboit inter corporation transfr being availabe. For this i was elated. Now i am terrified to be oit of work.

Bowl season is ending and i am like... Help. Please help me. I wanna see and stay with opportunity and advancement. Then i see The Larder Tavern... how do i get a job now that my job is over confounded is my only criticism of the fun job of Hollywood Bowl. I hope they invite me back!
A very respectful work environment
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2017
Overall the work place was will put together. Management was very respectful. Everyone was treated as one. They made sure you was in the schedule and making your hours.
driver
Box Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 11, 2017
Good Job besides being laid off when school is off. Pay is good no opportunity for movement though. For someone who is looking for some extra money job is great. average 35k annually
love working with people and helping them love to try a new job closer to home and learn new thins very eager to learn
food prep ,cashier. server. (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 11, 2017
i always worked with food and love to be around people worked serving and cashing witched i like i worked with all age groups of students and teachers. When i worked for AVI foods at Gieco all business people was nice to serve and meet the job kept me busy love to keep busy now i would like something closer to home and a different job I was always wanted to work in a dept. store learn something new
Pros
only if your 6 hours or more
Cons
any thing under 6 hours no break
very less teamwork
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 11, 2017
putting too much work on everyone and not putting an extra employee
i haven't found fairness in being here and really would like to switch as soon as i get something better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.