Sodexo Employee Reviews

I enjoy the management team I work with,fun co-workers
supervisor (Current Employee), Denver Univeristy,Denver,ColoradoJuly 11, 2015
I very much enjoy working again,Sodexo is a excellent company.While I have not worked in a collage setting in the past,I enjoy my co-workers and the management style of Sodexo.I will be exploring openings in health care(food service) with Sodexo by September of this year.My objective is to explore all options that may be available. Thank you for the time you have taken to review my resume.
Good social interaction and friendly environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: very stressful due to few staff on shift
Sodexo was a stressful but fun place to work. A typical day would include some down time but mostly a continual rush of orders coming in at once. Management was wonderful. They gave me paid days off when I got hurt on the job and made sure everyone was taken care of. The most enjoyable part was socializing with the customers and getting to know them better.
Good company to work for
Registered Dietitian Level (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2015
The company has many resources available to you on their website. They constantly keep you up to date with online trainings.
Eventful and very Productive work place
Catering Lead (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: The management team and staff are like a second family.
Cons: None
There is no typical day at Sodexo. Everyday is different from parties to banquets. Serving from over 1,000 guest weekly and taking on a variety of challenges. But I know my guest are satisfied when they come and congratulate me on a job well done.
Fun, upbeat workplace.
Function Host (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be a wedding. Beginning with behind the scenes set up, from linen and table wear, to the bar, and decorations. Serving a three to five coarse meal fast and efficiently. Maintaining a clean and safe environment throughout the night. Completed with cleanup and a thank you to the wonderful crew.
very unprofessional place
server (Former Employee), Troy, ALJuly 8, 2015
Pros: free food, coworkers
Cons: not enough hours, no benifits, work jobs other than your own, unprofessional
So happy I left this place, I made $7.40 an hour a little above minimum wage. Although I was part time my hours varied every week. One week Id get 10 hours the next week id get 16. Needed more structure. management hires worker in your place when you still work there. No professional training. Be expected to work your job and everyone else.Oh don't try to go the extra mile cause you won't get rewarded. I worked for 4 years with the company and still my pay never increased. Only good thing was the coworkers, students and the free food.
Productive free work place
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), PittsburghJuly 7, 2015
Great place to work on the administrative end of things. I would not want to be a front line employee though. Office days are relaxed and you have complete freedom to work from home. Traveling is fun seeing as Sodexo is involved in such a variety of business.
Very good company to work for
Sodexho Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Really takes care of employees
Cons: Having to deal with a sub contractor
Very good company to work for. I am relocating to another place which the only reason for leaving. The company provides good ways for everyone employed to advance. Working with the Marines on the base is awesome.
No place for advancement and low pay.
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 6, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: No future
Constant turmoil and continuous daily problems. Advanced information of possible paid time off and incentive pay were never seen. Most of promises from being hired were just words that lacked truth. Looking to move to better work area and find a job with some employee respect.
Justr Started
Catering/Delivery (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
Though I just started, I see that their is opportunity and a chance to better myself. I hope it comes sooner than later. Its very hands on as well which is pretty cool.
Work Hard
Supervisor Custodian (Current Employee), houghton nyJuly 6, 2015
You don't feel like a person here, we are starting to be micromanaged. You work your butt off each and every day and what you do goes unnoticed.
poor
Store lead (Former Employee), Tifton, GAJuly 5, 2015
poor job and benefits, poor on job managment on facility level. promotions are based on politics and the personal liking of managers already set in place, no room for advancement or pay upgrade
good job for students
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Pros: you can go to school and workwith no worries, they have flexible schedule, good team, morning job only, respectfully and friendly cow-workers
Cons: they have just part time not full time
fun place, free parking, they give you luch, good for people that worked only part time, if do you like work on customer service your going to enjoy this job.
This was great if you like seasonal jobs.
Executive Chef, Production Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: This company made you feel like you're part of a team.
Cons: N/A
This company was very large so the benefits was great.

I was a hourly paid employee and chose not to pick salary and that made salary chefs not happy . Out of all the places I've worked in my lifetime this was the best pay and benefits. I had enough money in my 401 k to purchase new vehicle with cash. Of course car dealers don't like that :)

This company gave me the opportunity for advancement:)
Sodexo
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 1, 2015
Very good company they are willing to tech you new things to help you grow in the company we work with patients that are in the hospital cleaning up there rooms making them feel as it there are at home
Good company
Supervisor II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: off for a month in December because school is close and limited hours during summer
I like this company because I feel they pay good for management positions. I have learned a lot from working here. Hardest part that I have dealt with learning about union rules.
Biased approach.
Refreshment Emergence (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Decent aliment.
Cons: No benefits, and biased.
Consisted of preparing various raw vegetables and hot items (Pork, Steak, Chicken) while maintaining and exceeding the regulations set by the NRA. While learning that your work ethic and ability is not a pivotal component while working here. The management staff is low level, overseeing a minimal number of employees while still attempting to save face.
productive work day
action/theme cook (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch and breakfast
Cons: short breaks
On the weekly basis im given a receipt to follow and batch cook prepare foods from scratch with given materials and ingredients to individually cook to order to each customer . the food is cooked in front of the customers to their specific liking. ive obtain a lot of cooking and measuring skills over the years of working with the company. Management were team players and assist with any help if needed. working in this environment with my fellow co-workers was a true joy and great experience. I get along with everyone just fine and we help each other when needed to get any task completed. the only hard part of the job was the little time given to complete an enormous task but I work well under pressure so I will always finish on time. I enjoyed socializing with my customers and satisfy them brings joy to my heart.
diverse, fun work place
cook 3 (Current Employee), Curry CollegeJune 29, 2015
Pros: free meals, making good friends
Cons: travel time
very busy, always something to do
every meals is a catered event
easy to get along with, just do your job
friendly, willing to help out when needed
walking to my car after my shift
working together to have a succesfull day
They were very nice and easy to get along with
Lead truck driver delivering to eight school sites (Former Employee), pawtucket riJune 29, 2015
Pros: constantly on the go
Cons: working in nasty weather
Pick up my truck in the morning. Then i get my paper work so I know what the sites need for the next day. I pull the orders, which is paper goods, produce as well as refrigerator and freezer items.Then I deliver to my 8 school sites with my partner who also helps pull the orders with my direction.Sometimes we have to go back for emergency deliveries,which must be done in a timely manner.As they need them for lunch that day.That is the hardest part of my day at times due to the weather conditions.I enjoy seeing my co-workers daily as well as the students and faculty.I have learned how to adjust to all the different personalities and embrace them.
Headquarters