Sofa Mart

Sofa Mart Employer Reviews

The best job I have ever had, Worked here during college with some college friends
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: easy, laid-back atmosphere, lots of "down-time" to throw the football around etc..
Cons: the only badthing about this position was loading furniture while icy and cold outside
Working at sofa mart was a really good time and I miss the camaraderie between the guys that worked there who happened to be my friends. I was referred to this company through a friend that worked there. I was hired to work in the warehouse where I was in charge of inventories including cycle counts, maintaining minimum levels of inventory etc.. I was also responsible for any freight that was to be delivered and to inspect the quality of the product with the customer before they left the store to ensure that they were getting a piece of furniture that was not damaged. By implementing this strategy and having customers sign an inspection slip allowed the company to not be responsible for the product once it left the store. For example if a customer inspected there sofa and signed for it and then get home and its damaged in any way then the company was protected by that piece of paper that they signed before leaving with the merchandise.
Furniture Sales
Salesperson/Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 13, 2014
Furniture Sales, no base salary, 100% commission. Duties include, sales, customer service, cleaning, vacuuming, dusting,moving furniture, working 12-13 hour shifts without official breaks.
Very fun place to work
Customer service technician (Cst) (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: short hours
Had very good customer loyalty, and friendly coworkers. Had a constant flow of costumers and phone calls to attend to. Their was a lot of multitasking evolved. Had to keep track of inventory up to date and input the data into the database.
retail sales
SALES AND SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 6, 2013
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment, relaxed pace, 3 days off per week
Cons: unpredicable pay
poor hours and 100% commission. There was lots of down time but the job was fairly easy.
Manager
Management (Former Employee), Tyler, TxApril 16, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: it's a cult
The best way to sum up my experience with Furniture Row is its a CULT. They offer u a job and fast track you to take you away from your friends and family and move you across the country. Constantly dangling a money carrot in front you. You wear a bracelet with the companies moto on it and a Company coin on you at all times. They pay well as long as you give your life to them. Then at the drop of a hat find a reason to terminate you if you try to find a life outside of Furniture Row
Fast paced with great pay
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Sofa Mart. For those who can sell and be successful in a comission only enviornment Sofa Mart is a good option. They are always looking for managers but that usually does require the willingness to relocate.
It went down hill.
General Manager / Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma, TXJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: the pay was actually decent. it was sparatic, but it was decent
Cons: no breaks and long, long, hours
This was a sales job. I was a sales manager for them. I worked a lot of hours. I actually like working a lot of hours, but this at times could be very demanding. I learned a lot of operational skills there. How to stay with in legal compliance, stay profitable, and how to effectively utilize your staff. Co-workers were for all sorts of back grounds. Some I liked and some I didn't. Most I liked, but there were a few that was a challenge to like. The hardest part of the job was selling and running all the operations of your store. What I enjoyed the most was dealing with all the many people you meet.
great people
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Springdale, ARNovember 7, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: hours
* typical day sales
* i learned alot about saling
* managers was the best
* co workers didnt stay around long
* hardest part of job was sometimes the closing of the sale
* Most enjoyable part was when previous customers would come back
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Midland, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Was a good company to work for. Had great benefits. I liked the fact that it was a self driven work pace. Hardest part of the job was the unloading of trucks.
Freedom
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2012
Pros: freedom to work on my own without supervision
Cons: healthcare benefits were not worth paying for, company did not pay for healthcare.
I received good training and they trusted me to work on my own without supervision. I really enjoyed the work, but the whse. was moving and I didn't want to make the long commute in heavy traffic.