Sofa Mart Employee Reviews

fun place to work at
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Simla, COAugust 26, 2017
i really enjoyed working there. alot of team work ...if there was a problems we hash it out and make it work. we all help each other out if running behind.management treated us very well. to bad they close for good..really miss working there.
Pros
great teamwork and management
Cons
closed for good!
Furniture Delivery
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 25, 2017
A day as a delivery would be long, and tiring. It is very fast paced as we would have to meet scheduled times with customer, and sometimes that was not an easy task to do.
Competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  green bay WIApril 29, 2017
its very stressful days at work. because order time always changing making it hard to keep promise wait time to customer.too much work work hrs really hard to balance family time.
I would not reccomend
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 27, 2017
Years ago was a great place to work. The upper management has ran the company into the ground with poor decisions and hiring in outsiders for top management positions. Sad... They ruined a great company
Productive and Great Sales Team
Assistant Ma (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2017
I leaned a lot about management and how to be a successful leader.I helped motivate and developed a sale team and led the region in performance several months.
Pros
Commision and Override as a manager helped
Cons
Leadership wasnt consistent in Guidance
enjoyable job awful hours
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 27, 2017
i enjoyed the job and the opportunities but i worked 11 hour days from open to close. things get a little back and forth between people. you get told to do things one way and then someone else tells you not to do it that way. Other than that I loved the company.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours, not required to take a break
Great career start
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 16, 2017
This was a great job to give you management experience to manage your own store. I was trained with the right tools to give me management skills. I learned to break the ice on on sales in front of customers. This job helped me improve my skills to help with finding a career.
Good job for those willing to work hard
CST (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHDecember 2, 2016
This is a really good compensation job for anyone who is willing to put in the hard work. Most everyone there has been with the company for some time because of the pay. This position really improved my multi-tasking skills greatly. At any given time I could of had up to a half dozen task going on at the same time. It also helped me with my prioritizing skils
Pros
Pay, advancement, co-workers
Cons
hours, benefits
Can be a fun and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 23, 2015
You talk with customers asking what specifically they are looking for. You then try to match what they are requesting while giving them other opions to look for.You ask them if they want to sign up for the furniture credit card.

Keeping up with the customer's furniture - letting them know when it will be in and if there is any delay - making sure tha the customer is happy - taking good notes so not to confuse notes with other customers.

Since it is based on commission, it is competitive which can be difficult and frustrating. You work really long hours at times and family time is put to the side a bit. The money can be really good or really bad depending on the traffic flow and what kind of week it is.
Pros
can be really good money. you can advance in a short period of time
Cons
long hours, can get some low pay checks, others will get your customer if you're not on top of the game
Productive and a great company that offers opportunity
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Yuma, ArizonaAugust 24, 2015
A typical day at Sofa Mart began with a positive ambiance, going over the goals to achieve for the day and striving to be a better employee and give outstanding customer service.
Pros
All management and employees are friendly and helpful, The interviews focused on who you were as a person not just another employee.
Cons
Schedules were not very flexible making it difficult to spend time with family.
Nice place to work if your single and have no children.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 29, 2015
11 to 12 hour work days where lunch breaks are frowned upon. The products sold are great with very good prices. Best part of the job is getting to help people get something they will love everyday and meeting all kinds of different people. Worst part of the job is dealing with the store manager and sale sharks.
Pros
Great co-workers, Awesome product quality
Cons
No breaks, no flexability in hours
HIghly productive workpalce that fosters growth in a fun environment. Excellent training gives even beginners all the skils needed to be successful.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INMay 28, 2015
Highly productive workplace that fosters growth in a fun environment. Career advancement from within the store, and a people first based company that builds careers through the selling of furniture.
Pros
excellent advancement based on performance
Cons
Long hours, working every weekend
poor managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 9, 2015
very poor customer service from managment. extended delays on product. Unable to accomidate the customer for delays.
Pros
Productive and fun work place with fun and active co-workers and management.
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valley, WADecember 12, 2014
A typical day at sofa mart was enjoyable, fast, and friendly. I learned good work ethic and how to utilize time and keep organized. My management team was always there to teach, but still treat me friendly and comforting. My co-workers were very friendly and would make sure they did their job in order for me to do mine. The hardest part of my job was the work did not stay the same. I could be there for countless hours to make sure the job got done. The most enjoyable part of the job was Going to work in the morning. I always liked to go into work ready for the next adventure on a new day.
The best job I have ever had, Worked here during college with some college friends
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 19, 2014
Working at sofa mart was a really good time and I miss the camaraderie between the guys that worked there who happened to be my friends. I was referred to this company through a friend that worked there. I was hired to work in the warehouse where I was in charge of inventories including cycle counts, maintaining minimum levels of inventory etc.. I was also responsible for any freight that was to be delivered and to inspect the quality of the product with the customer before they left the store to ensure that they were getting a piece of furniture that was not damaged. By implementing this strategy and having customers sign an inspection slip allowed the company to not be responsible for the product once it left the store. For example if a customer inspected there sofa and signed for it and then get home and its damaged in any way then the company was protected by that piece of paper that they signed before leaving with the merchandise.
Pros
Easy, Laid-back atmosphere, lots of "down-time" to throw the football around etc..
Cons
The only badthing about this position was loading furniture while icy and cold outside
Furniture Sales
Salesperson/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 13, 2014
Furniture Sales, no base salary, 100% commission. Duties include, sales, customer service, cleaning, vacuuming, dusting,moving furniture, working 12-13 hour shifts without official breaks.
Very fun place to work
Customer service technician (Cst) (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Had very good customer loyalty, and friendly coworkers. Had a constant flow of costumers and phone calls to attend to. Their was a lot of multitasking evolved. Had to keep track of inventory up to date and input the data into the database.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Short hours
retail sales
SALES AND SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2013
poor hours and 100% commission. There was lots of down time but the job was fairly easy.
Pros
Enjoyable work enviroment, relaxed pace, 3 days off per week
Cons
unpredicable pay
Manager
Management (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxApril 16, 2013
The best way to sum up my experience with Furniture Row is its a CULT. They offer u a job and fast track you to take you away from your friends and family and move you across the country. Constantly dangling a money carrot in front you. You wear a bracelet with the companies moto on it and a Company coin on you at all times. They pay well as long as you give your life to them. Then at the drop of a hat find a reason to terminate you if you try to find a life outside of Furniture Row
Pros
money
Cons
it's a cult
Fast paced with great pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Sofa Mart. For those who can sell and be successful in a comission only enviornment Sofa Mart is a good option. They are always looking for managers but that usually does require the willingness to relocate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sofa Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8