Sofia University Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sofia, NMNovember 30, 2015
A good place for working with calm atmosphere and nice people with whom you can talk for work, science and etc.. There are nice academical atmosphere which give you a chance to be professional.
Empathetic and Compassionate Client Centered Registered Psychotherapy Marriage and Family Therapist & Professional Clinical Counselor Trainee.
Student Services Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 26, 2014
I enjoy helping my clients come to a space where they can find hope to share their story or challenges. A typical day at work for me needs to be fun but serious. I do mini selfcare exercises in order for me to replenish my energy and fully present for clients. I write progress notes so having a computer in my office is very important. I consider my work environment as my second home this is why my co-workers are part of my family. I like co-workers who work hard and also party hard yet be present in what they do. The hardes part of my job is the need for me to constantly update my skills by attending conferences and workships. I sometimes want to read almost every new psychotherapy books that are out there. This is so that can be prepared in holding my clients.The most important part of my job is that I am previleged for someone to trust me with their life's journey or story.
Pros
flexible, open, vulnerability, abiding with the hippa, and bbs rules.
Cons
work addict, small friends, may run into clients in public.
I worked in the Library and did interlibrary loan and periodical acquistions
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 22, 2014
Overall Responsibilities
I am responsible for running and directing the Interlibrary Loan Department, quarterly reserves, student project supervision, periodical acquisitions and other assigned tasks that support the activities of the Sofia Library.

Key Tasks and Responsibilities

* Verify, type and route interlibrary loan requests using OCLC and DOCLINE.
* Maintain interlibrary loan systems – approximately 200 requests per month.
* Photocopy and scan articles when requested from other libraries.
* Track interlibrary loan statistics and maintain documentation.
* Coordinate training and supervising Student Library Assistants.
* Help with library circulation activities, circulation desk coverage, and other library activities when needed.
* Support quarterly reserves.
* Answer the phone and prepare outgoing message.
* Assist library patrons with reference questions and other help as necessary.
* Open, sort and distribute mail – incoming and outgoing.
* Order periodicals from EBSCO (125 titles)
* Claim missing periodicals when necessary.
* Update Sofia Library Periodical Holdings List when annual and when necessary.
* Revise SERHOLD records when necessary.
* Order library supplies.
* Create reports and correspondence when appropriate.
* Work on assigned special projects as needed.
* Receive incoming book acquisitions.
Pros
great working environment - insurance coverage -
Worked here for 10 years and enjoyed helping students reached their goals but things changed under the new management the staff morale is very low.
Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 23, 2013
typical day is always busy. I learned that you need to really be careful on who to trust,. The management, some support you some not. Very nice co-workers and we all work as a team. Hardest part of my job is to help students find all types of financial assistance to help them pay for their education and so they can achieve their goals and see them graduate from the program with a degree. The most enjoyable job is to see the student you help achived their goals and received their degree. I loved helping customers or students and enjoyed dealing with people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
better medical insurance, short lunches, etc.
Global Academic Counselor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 12, 2012
A typical day consist of team work, experiential exploration, and counsel.
Pros
flexible work schedules