Pros: great working environment - insurance coverage -
I am responsible for running and directing the Interlibrary Loan Department, quarterly reserves, student project supervision, periodical acquisitions and other assigned tasks that support the activities of the Sofia Library.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Verify, type and route interlibrary loan requests using OCLC and DOCLINE.
* Maintain interlibrary loan systems – approximately 200 requests per month.
* Photocopy and scan articles when requested from other libraries.
* Track interlibrary loan statistics and maintain documentation.
* Coordinate training and supervising Student Library Assistants.
* Help with library circulation activities, circulation desk coverage, and other library activities when needed.
* Support quarterly reserves.
* Answer the phone and prepare outgoing message.
* Assist library patrons with reference questions and other help as necessary.
* Open, sort and distribute mail – incoming and outgoing.
* Order periodicals from EBSCO (125 titles)
* Claim missing periodicals when necessary.
* Update Sofia Library Periodical Holdings List when annual and when necessary.
* Revise SERHOLD records when necessary.
* Order library supplies.
* Create reports and correspondence when appropriate.
* Work on assigned special projects as needed.
* Receive incoming book acquisitions.