Soft Surroundings Employee Reviews

Good job for someone retired!
Full Time- Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2017
Great job for someone who loves comfortable clothing, antiques but in a modern way, and great hospitality. If you loves those things work or shop here!!!
Comfortable and friendly environment.
KEY HOLDER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 6, 2017
The ability to assist customers to find the clothing they are looking for. You work one on one with the customers so you can really build a relationship with them. There are sales goals each day for each associate. You need to be comfortable to use computers. I enjoy the one on one part of the job. The other associates are fun to work with and make the job not feel like work.
Growing Company
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 6, 2017
The company is going though a growth phase. They have planned for some areas but feel as though other areas have not prepared. And are understaffed to handle the fast paced changes.
Great company
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 30, 2017
Pay is a lot higher than other retailers. Breaks aren't very long for shifts you work. Great setup and flow to operations, extremely organized company. Having a stock coordinator on staff is fantastic because it allows sales associates ability to focus on customers 100% of the time!
Pros
Pay
Cons
On feet a lot
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 26, 2017
It was just a normal job. I liked it. I would work there again if offered the chance to. There was plenty of overtime offered. Normally worked every other saturday and 9 hour days.
Don't keep their word,
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 10, 2017
Soft will tell their employees what they want to hear, and then will go back on what they said. Very many unhappy employees ready to feel other jobs because it is impossible to bid out of their own job.
another day at soft
Retail Processor (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 4, 2017
It's not a bad place to work just have to keep rate and not be lazy. Treat everyone with respect and they will be nice to you. Yeah there a lot of walking or standing in one place its a warehouse what do you expect it to be easy as pie.
Pros
breaks, paid, people
Cons
heat, rumors
Very Stressful work enviroment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 20, 2017
I would not recommend this place because they do not care about the employees, you are disposable regardless of how hard you work. Management shows favor to the employees that kiss you know what. They like to micromanage, what is suppose to be a fun environment is actually a very hostile, back biting situation. They say their is no competition among employees a flat out Lie! They will find any reason to try and discredit you so that they won't have to give you a decent raise. This was the most stressful place due to the unreasonable demands.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
Bad quality, management, lazy women
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2017
great small business to work for. my co-workers were felt like family. the pay is good for the job. flexible scheduling. I took inbound calls from customers wanting to place orders from the company's catalog.
Summary
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 8, 2017
This was a great growing company. I feel that they needed more help in certain areas i.e. Accounting area. Management was not that understanding when it came to deadlines. And some processes were inefficient.
Fantastic company with a great group of employees
New Store Opening Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2017
Fantastic company with great potential. I learned so much to help bolster my skills in sales and visual merchandizing. I appreciate the atmosphere and the goal of the company as a whole.
Pros
Discount is amazing.
Cons
Pay
Great customers!
Training Manager -Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2017
I loved the fun environment and what I did everyday. The customers were awesome! There was not much room for advancement. I learned how to multi task to the extreme.
Pros
Customers
benefits
Fun and warm working environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 26, 2017
We provide the highest level of customer service. We have a wonderful client base that enables us to feel like we have this huge extended family. The company provides us with a good bit of closed holidays and profit sharing that most retailers don't do.
Pros
50%discount to employees
Cons
Daily physical strain
Not a bad job, not very strict and we still got a lot done. over 12,000 orders a day in fact.
stock picker (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMarch 14, 2017
Typical day at work was pretty easy, just walk in grab your work papers and gun and go find an available machine and go pick stock. I learned a lot about the warehouse lifestyle. The management was good because they weren't mean or strict but we still got the job done with no problem, and had very few accidents. Hardest part was when you make a mistake and try to find a way to fix it. It was very enjoyable because we got to drive lift trucks as fast as we pleased and we got to listen to music.
Pros
Not bad pay, not stirct.
Cons
Same thing everyday, no variety.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 9, 2017
Employees are nice. Manager always putting employees down and swearing. Not a positive person. You will get nowhere unless she likes you. Too much tension in store. Not a positive atmosphere when manager is working. Over hires and cuts hours. Makes promises and does not keep them.
Pros
Employees are nice. Discount on clothes.
Cons
Too much tension with Manager. No commission, but yet have to make so much in sales. Employees take and ring up your customers under their number.
Fast moving environment, great people
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2017
I have been at Soft Surroundings for a year. The business is growing fast, and we have a lot of freedom to manage our businesses. Management is supportive and encourages us to be entrepreneurial. Work life balance is a priority. In these days of retail struggles, this place is an oasis.
Pros
work life balance, teamwork, supportive leadership, financial stability
excellent work environment, luxury products
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Surrounded by a great staff of great people, owner of the company (Robin) considers and offers herself in touch to the associates, offers and promotes "Robin's gift" attitude everyday. It is a pleasure to work for a company that promotes a work/life balance since I am a single mother of 2. The customers are a pleasure to work with and since there are only a few stores in limited locations, our customers come from miles around to spend many hours at our store. Soft Surroundings has been a catalog company for close to 10 years and has an impressive following. Our customers are a pleasure to work with, get to know and grow friendships with. I have worked retail for 28 years and have not found a place that is such a pleasure to work for as Soft Surroundings.
dont work here. worst job ever
associate (Former Employee) –  glen mills paNovember 19, 2016
The store is beautiful. The store manager treats everyone terrible except her favorites . Managers are quitting because of her. I am so happy I quit. I would be in tears after I left. So demeaning. They say there is no commission but you are forced to over sell. No real benefits either. I even wrote a letter to Hr. They never even responded. Don't do it.
Pros
nice neighborhood, pretty store
Cons
little hours, fake people, terrible job
Fun productive
Beauty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2016
team oriented work environment
Learning every day about the different beauty products
building rapport with associates and customers
Great ppl just clueless
Former employee (Former Employee) –  THE SUMMIT, ALABAMAJuly 15, 2016
Giving out no hours but hiring more people and giving it to them there friends not the people that's been there from day 1 and we have no body to turn to.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No hours. So much drama needs new managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soft Surroundings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8