SoftRock

SoftRock Employee Reviews

Quick Advancement - Hit Ceilings Fast
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
Advancement is based off of performance and favor. However, ceilings are hit quickly and moving up becomes difficult without having a personal relationship with the CEO. Too much micro-managing and no HR department to settle office issues.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2015
Pros: Events, sports, games and parties, plus free lunches on Friday, and you can dress to the theme if you like.
The company believes in working hard but also in having fun. There are events, sports, games and parties. Overall great place to work.
A Day in the Life
Copywriter (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Lunches on Fridays when hiring, flag football, contests
Cons: don't allow people to bring phones in building or even books, micromanaging
Typical Day: Completing job assignments; searching for jobs within a certain category and market, seeking those that are most profitable.

What I Learned: There is always something new to learn and what that something is varies depending upon who you ask

Management: Is ever-changing

Co-Workers: Are awesome, for the most part.

Hardest Part of the Job: The constant change. Granted, change happens but sometimes new changes happen before the results of previous ones can fully be measured or understood.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: My co-workers
Unethical-Manipulating Company
Job Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Free soda and breakfast/popcorn-Monday-Friday hours
Cons: working 42.5 hours a week - being lied and coned to by management and CEO - no chance of moving up, even though they tell you different
On the phone 7 hours a day trying to get job seekers employment, and encouraging them to go to school. Management are called trainers with no management experience, their basic roll is making sure staff keeps up with transferring job seekers to education advisers. I was told during my interview and training my base income would be $31,000. However, I was lied to because my income only came to $14,000 annually.
The hardest part of my work day was manipulating job seekers to go to school. Also, working from 8:30am-6:00pm, Monday - Friday for minimum wage. The only thing about the company was free soda and breakfast daily, and we were provided a free lunch cookout on Fridays.
It's a fun place to work.
Copywriter (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2015
It's a fun place to work if you fit in with the culture they've established. Cookouts every Friday, company football teams, and a lot of events.
Really not the best company to work for
Job Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: lunch on friday
Cons: managers that are only in the position because of look or age, company that can care less about if people have families.
The company will hire you knowing that they have lied to you about what the pay is really like. You will not be making $600 unless you meet their commission or all of the bonus's if you don't hit those you will be making $8.75 an hour. This company lies to their clients and if you go to work for them you will learn how. Unfortunately I learned the bad way about this company. Make sure that you are doing as much research about the company before you do anything. Really know who you are working for.
Great place to help you move to your career path.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
This is a great place if your not looking for longevity. They are constantly changing so stability is extremely low. Management provides very little tools to succeed so if your looking for just a place to receive income because of economy crash this will be ideal temp position. If you are looking for integrity or a great position to feel needed or feel as if you are making a difference this wouldn't be the ideal fit.
I learned what NOT to do as a leader communication is extremely needed.
The hardest part of the job is making enough commission money to support family because you are trusting a vendor to qualify your calls which they have no incentive to do so they are paid hourly you are not.
The most enjoyable part is you can work from home.
Misleading
Talent Acquisitions and Career Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Fun work atmosphere but compensation is misleading
Providing clients products and service that has no true integrity
Free food and drinks daily
Staff is enjoyable to work with
Off sundays
Productive and fun work place
Digital Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FlOctober 21, 2014
Pros: snacks, coffee, cereal, friday lunch, good people
Cons: managers can be hard to find sometimes but they're always willing to help once you track them down.
I really like working at SoftRock. The atmosphere is great and so are the people. You learn a lot about sales and how to work as part of a team. I've never worked at a place quite like here and with people who are as friendly. I'm glad I found it!
Love this place
Job Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: culture, free food, football
Cons: some benefits could be better
This company offers a working/learning environment. I am constantly learning about new things and it allows me to be creative. SoftRock has a great culture and fun environment. We are given a cookout every week and lots of fun dress up days. The company is innovative and I look forward to growing with them.
Think Smoke Screen
Job Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free bbq on fridays
Cons: they don't look you in the eye, and send someone else to do thier dirty work.
SoftRock needs training by qualified individuals.
Never trust a robotic smile.
The hardest part of the job was having the company tell you one thing and your manager pushing another.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the small team of Job Specialist co-works I worked with every day.
Softrock
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2014
Love coming to work everyday love SoftRock and the best thing about it is i am always learning something new.
Enjoyable place to work
Education Adviser (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 6, 2014
Management and personnel are friendly, helpful, outgoing and supportive.

Work is busy, and I feel like I am helping clients further their educational requirements.
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good hours and location, enjoyable work enviroment
Cons: have to work to long through temp agency
Soft rock seem like a good place to work so far. People are all very helpful and friendly. The available hours work well with my school hours. Management seems able to motivate people to be able to do their jobs with a smile, which is always good.
work place
advisor (Current Employee), orlando,flAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free breakfast & lunch
Cons: 8 hr wrk day on saturdays
Fun atmosphere...everyone is very friendly...I havent been with the company very long but there is room for advancement very quickly.
A great first step into the corporate world
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: bbq's every friday, and can't forget the game room!
Cons: healthcare plan can get expensive
Overall the Softrock gets us ready for our day with some free coffee and cereal...that's right free. We also play flag football and we have a great fantasy football draft party. The management is always there to give a helping hand when needed and your co-workers are there to help as well, so you never have that sense of feeling that your alone. And it always feel good to know that you've helped someone achieve their goals.
Fun environment with dedicated work ethic
Student Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando FlAugust 5, 2014
Pros: friday cookouts and every week there is dress up themes!
Cons: none that i can think of at this time.
A typical day at work is meeting with the friendly managers and everyone there is also a delight to work it. The management is on top of everything without any real hassle. The co-workers always have an up beat attitude so it keeps the motivation high. There isnt any real hard part of the job since everything stays well no matter what department your in with everyone being so helpful. and the most enjoyable part is going there to make new acquaintances since there is always a friendly face to talk to.
Wonderful place to work!
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: positive attitudes, lots of fun activities, overall great atmosphere
Cons: must be able to adapt to alot of changes
I love the entire atmosphere and culture of this company. Everyone is super nice and friendly which makes it a great place to be everyday!
Fun environment
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: friday bbqs
Cons: assigned parking, constantly changing desks, schedule
First time I walked in I was very impressed by the laid back and professional feeling. I love that I get to talk a vastly different group of applicants daily and enjoy the Friday bbq the only drawback is the schedule, working Saturdays and constantly changing desk assignments. I understand keeping us all on our toes but sometimes it's nice to know where you are going to be seated daily.
softrock is the best work environment, and I like how they treat their employees.
Educational Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: coworkers, managers, salary, food, work environment
Cons: talking on the phone
I love my work environment, I love my coworkers and the managers. From my 5 months working here, I've learned the value of teamwork, leadership, abd communication skills. The hardest part of the job of course is talking on the phones, something I was never good at, but I'm happy to see my great improvement as well as the character building it has done for me.

1 2 3 4 5

About SoftRock

At SoftRock, “Whatever it Takes” is not just a tagline; it is an attitude. Since our inception in 2005, SoftRock has – Read more

SoftRock Salaries