SoftRock Employee Reviews

Worst job
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2016
Company went bankrupt due to fraud. Company was corrupt and awful place to work. Fired people due to pregnancy and bathroom breaks. Did anything to pay under wages owed.
Awful
Career Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2016
This company has closed down since I left. The entire operation was a scam. Never work at this place if you can help it. Go anywhere else
Pretty much a scam
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2015
I didn't really dislike the actual work tasks or the people I worked with but quit because I didn't think the company was a good one. They do a lot of fun things to help the community but these are all very hyped PR to cover the fact that the owner's previous company was shut down for fraud.

The business concept is basically to steal job postings from reputable job sites such as Indeed, Monster, etc. and rewrite them for their own job boards. When people apply they applications don't actually go to the employers but to Softrock who then has sales people harass people into signing up for for-profit education.
Pros
Good volunteer culture, video games in the breakroom
Cons
Job is to defraud people who are just looking for work
great atmosphere
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2015
great place to work very fun environment cookouts every Friday the culture is amazing I learned a lot of skills while working there the trainers are awesome
Productive and fun work
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 4, 2015
I loved this job becuase we were trying to make people go to school and talking about careers . my coworkers were the best management was the best too.
Pros
short breakd
Cons
good pay, good everything
Softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Advising DepartmentSeptember 26, 2015
Softrock is a family. You keep the friends you make there because you have so much fun. The company is so successful because we work just as hard as we play and upper management is hands on with everything. Helping people is what its all about.
Pros
Friday Cookouts
Cons
Inconsistancy in management and communication
Fun work place but absolutely no job security
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place, provides free popcorn, cereal, soda, and occasional liquor. (Sketchy, right?) The job itself is pretty tiring just because it's so redundant and you're coming in for 8.5 hours a day, sitting down in your cubicle, reading off a script. They mention that it is not numbers based, but they will fire you if your numbers aren't up to par.
Compensation was pretty good for the job you were doing. Nothing too fancy. You weren't getting commission for anything, even though this job was strictly numbers based, it was base salary 100% of the time. No matter how well you exceeded your numbers.
Management sucks. Nobody knows what they're doing, and they'll make you a manager if you're a size 2 and look good in a mini skirt. They talk about how many advancement opportunities there are, but like I mentioned before, you won't get noticed if you're over a size 2, no matter how well you do your job.
Now down to the reason I left. No job security. They will fire a group of 50 employees at one time, weed out those whose numbers aren't "good enough" and fire you with no warning. I left while I could just because I was living in fear of losing my job every single day I went to work, even though I was pretty much always at the top of the room in regards to numbers. If you're looking for a long term employment opportunity, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a fun environment, where you don't care if you get fired or not, decent compensation, and occasional liquor that they also provided to me underage, then by all means.
Pros
Free popcorn, soda, cerael and liquor
Cons
No job security, management, no advancement
Not worth your investment
Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Company is outsourcing to the Dominican Republic. Long hours and descent pay but will can you when you don't meet extremely high sales goals that only a few can manage.
I really like working there
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
Everyday was a new challenge and that kept me motivated and always want to please people..... I really enjoyed talking to people in need .....
Pros
I helped people further their education
Cons
Some people were resistant to my helpful information
softrock was all about illusion
job specialist (Former Employee) –  orlando flAugust 4, 2015
they tell people that call in that they are going to obtain employment which is not true
it is a fun environment
you dress to impress there
Pros
free friday lunch
Cons
you couldnt be a min late because they would dock you 100
Be sure to swallow your compassion
Academic Guide (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 15, 2015
This is a task of smoke and mirrors. A job matching website prompts a job seeker to call in under the guise of an "interview". They get pulled in thinking the call is for a job only for the call to be about finishing their registration. Then they are sent over to an academic guide to discuss and be put in touch with colleges that may or may not be recognizable to employers as being legitimate. I feel like I'm taking advantage everyday I'm there.
Pros
Company culture is great. There are team sports, cookouts, and a cereal bar for snacking.
Cons
position is misleading. Feeling like a con artist the whole time you're on the phone. Oh, and it is a call center.
Fun workplace at times
Advisor/ Admin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2015
Company offered some nice perks such as cereal and beverages for employees. Job position(s) are extremely unstable. Company hires every Friday. High turnover rate.
i learned alot from working this job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2015
managers was really serious so in turn the employees wasn't, but on the good side the company had just started so they were kind of learning as they go
Quick Advancement - Hit Ceilings Fast
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
Advancement is based off of performance and favor. However, ceilings are hit quickly and moving up becomes difficult without having a personal relationship with the CEO. Too much micro-managing and no HR department to settle office issues.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2015
The company believes in working hard but also in having fun. There are events, sports, games and parties. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Events, sports, games and parties, plus free lunches on Friday, and you can dress to the theme if you like.
A Day in the Life
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Typical Day: Completing job assignments; searching for jobs within a certain category and market, seeking those that are most profitable.

What I Learned: There is always something new to learn and what that something is varies depending upon who you ask

Management: Is ever-changing

Co-Workers: Are awesome, for the most part.

Hardest Part of the Job: The constant change. Granted, change happens but sometimes new changes happen before the results of previous ones can fully be measured or understood.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: My co-workers
Pros
Lunches on Fridays when hiring, flag football, contests
Cons
don't allow people to bring phones in building or even books, micromanaging
Unethical-Manipulating Company
Job Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
On the phone 7 hours a day trying to get job seekers employment, and encouraging them to go to school. Management are called trainers with no management experience, their basic roll is making sure staff keeps up with transferring job seekers to education advisers. I was told during my interview and training my base income would be $31,000. However, I was lied to because my income only came to $14,000 annually.
The hardest part of my work day was manipulating job seekers to go to school. Also, working from 8:30am-6:00pm, Monday - Friday for minimum wage. The only thing about the company was free soda and breakfast daily, and we were provided a free lunch cookout on Fridays.
Pros
Free soda and breakfast/popcorn-Monday-Friday hours
Cons
working 42.5 hours a week - being lied and coned to by management and CEO - no chance of moving up, even though they tell you different
It's a fun place to work.
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2015
It's a fun place to work if you fit in with the culture they've established. Cookouts every Friday, company football teams, and a lot of events.
Really not the best company to work for
Job Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2015
The company will hire you knowing that they have lied to you about what the pay is really like. You will not be making $600 unless you meet their commission or all of the bonus's if you don't hit those you will be making $8.75 an hour. This company lies to their clients and if you go to work for them you will learn how. Unfortunately I learned the bad way about this company. Make sure that you are doing as much research about the company before you do anything. Really know who you are working for.
Pros
Lunch on Friday
Cons
Managers that are only in the position because of look or age, Company that can care less about if people have families.
Great place to help you move to your career path.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
This is a great place if your not looking for longevity. They are constantly changing so stability is extremely low. Management provides very little tools to succeed so if your looking for just a place to receive income because of economy crash this will be ideal temp position. If you are looking for integrity or a great position to feel needed or feel as if you are making a difference this wouldn't be the ideal fit.
I learned what NOT to do as a leader communication is extremely needed.
The hardest part of the job is making enough commission money to support family because you are trusting a vendor to qualify your calls which they have no incentive to do so they are paid hourly you are not.
The most enjoyable part is you can work from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftRock. Our community is ready to answer.

SoftRock Reviews by Location