SoftRock Employee Reviews

Poor management lead to the company shutting down
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
The company shut down in 2016 due to poor management (excess spending in spite of negative earnings for a full calendar year). The company essentially was a bait and switch for unsuspecting job seekers calling in about open positions, only to be coerced into signing up for subpar, for-profit schools (think of online universities currently facing legal issues / aren't actually accredited).
Pros
Worked with some good people
Cons
Terrible management; terrible business overall
Job at Softrock
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2017
Softrock was fun place to work and very challenging at times we had a great management team and alot of opportunity for advancement in my position , I was able to secure a supervisor position within a year of working for the company and the ceo of the company had alot of baggage with him and his dealings behind company guidelines
Softrock
Career Adviser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2017
Company no longer exist in Metrowest, Orlando. Workplace culture was very face paced. Enjoyable part was employee luncheons. Worst part was the job itself.
Made a lot of good friends and good experience.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
The CEO expected a lot in short notice... from 6am meetings to 2am emails to complete budgets or spreadsheets. However, it taught me a lot about training and managing styles and helped me develop my own skills in those areas.
Quality Control
Quality Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2017
I helped build the quality control team from the ground up for this company. I helped develop the questions that the Customer Service Reps were required to ask on their calls.Then I also listened to their calls to ensure that they were asking the questions on the calls. This company is now closed.
Pros
I got to develop this project from the ground floor.
Cons
It became tedious just listening to calls.
Worst job
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2016
Company went bankrupt due to fraud. Company was corrupt and awful place to work. Fired people due to pregnancy and bathroom breaks. Did anything to pay under wages owed.
Awful
Career Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2016
This company has closed down since I left. The entire operation was a scam. Never work at this place if you can help it. Go anywhere else
Pretty much a scam
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2015
I didn't really dislike the actual work tasks or the people I worked with but quit because I didn't think the company was a good one. They do a lot of fun things to help the community but these are all very hyped PR to cover the fact that the owner's previous company was shut down for fraud.

The business concept is basically to steal job postings from reputable job sites such as Indeed, Monster, etc. and rewrite them for their own job boards. When people apply they applications don't actually go to the employers but to Softrock who then has sales people harass people into signing up for for-profit education.
Pros
Good volunteer culture, video games in the breakroom
Cons
Job is to defraud people who are just looking for work
great atmosphere
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2015
great place to work very fun environment cookouts every Friday the culture is amazing I learned a lot of skills while working there the trainers are awesome
Productive and fun work
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 4, 2015
I loved this job becuase we were trying to make people go to school and talking about careers . my coworkers were the best management was the best too.
Pros
short breakd
Cons
good pay, good everything
Softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Advising DepartmentSeptember 26, 2015
Softrock is a family. You keep the friends you make there because you have so much fun. The company is so successful because we work just as hard as we play and upper management is hands on with everything. Helping people is what its all about.
Pros
Friday Cookouts
Cons
Inconsistancy in management and communication
Fun work place but absolutely no job security
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place, provides free popcorn, cereal, soda, and occasional liquor. (Sketchy, right?) The job itself is pretty tiring just because it's so redundant and you're coming in for 8.5 hours a day, sitting down in your cubicle, reading off a script. They mention that it is not numbers based, but they will fire you if your numbers aren't up to par.
Compensation was pretty good for the job you were doing. Nothing too fancy. You weren't getting commission for anything, even though this job was strictly numbers based, it was base salary 100% of the time. No matter how well you exceeded your numbers.
Management sucks. Nobody knows what they're doing, and they'll make you a manager if you're a size 2 and look good in a mini skirt. They talk about how many advancement opportunities there are, but like I mentioned before, you won't get noticed if you're over a size 2, no matter how well you do your job.
Now down to the reason I left. No job security. They will fire a group of 50 employees at one time, weed out those whose numbers aren't "good enough" and fire you with no warning. I left while I could just because I was living in fear of losing my job every single day I went to work, even though I was pretty much always at the top of the room in regards to numbers. If you're looking for a long term employment opportunity, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a fun environment, where you don't care if you get fired or not, decent compensation, and occasional liquor that they also provided to me underage, then by all means.
Pros
Free popcorn, soda, cerael and liquor
Cons
No job security, management, no advancement
Not worth your investment
Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Company is outsourcing to the Dominican Republic. Long hours and descent pay but will can you when you don't meet extremely high sales goals that only a few can manage.
Great
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2015
Great company, good people, would work there again. I worked from home, great managers. BBQ on Fridays, and good environment
I really like working there
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
Everyday was a new challenge and that kept me motivated and always want to please people..... I really enjoyed talking to people in need .....
Pros
I helped people further their education
Cons
Some people were resistant to my helpful information
softrock was all about illusion
job specialist (Former Employee) –  orlando flAugust 4, 2015
they tell people that call in that they are going to obtain employment which is not true
it is a fun environment
you dress to impress there
Pros
free friday lunch
Cons
you couldnt be a min late because they would dock you 100
Be sure to swallow your compassion
Academic Guide (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 15, 2015
This is a task of smoke and mirrors. A job matching website prompts a job seeker to call in under the guise of an "interview". They get pulled in thinking the call is for a job only for the call to be about finishing their registration. Then they are sent over to an academic guide to discuss and be put in touch with colleges that may or may not be recognizable to employers as being legitimate. I feel like I'm taking advantage everyday I'm there.
Pros
Company culture is great. There are team sports, cookouts, and a cereal bar for snacking.
Cons
position is misleading. Feeling like a con artist the whole time you're on the phone. Oh, and it is a call center.
Fun workplace at times
Advisor/ Admin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2015
Company offered some nice perks such as cereal and beverages for employees. Job position(s) are extremely unstable. Company hires every Friday. High turnover rate.
i learned alot from working this job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2015
managers was really serious so in turn the employees wasn't, but on the good side the company had just started so they were kind of learning as they go
Quick Advancement - Hit Ceilings Fast
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
Advancement is based off of performance and favor. However, ceilings are hit quickly and moving up becomes difficult without having a personal relationship with the CEO. Too much micro-managing and no HR department to settle office issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftRock. Our community is ready to answer.

SoftRock Reviews by Location