SoftRock Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 4, 2015
I loved this job becuase we were trying to make people go to school and talking about careers . my coworkers were the best management was the best too.
Pros
short breakd
Cons
good pay, good everything
great atmosphere
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2015
great place to work very fun environment cookouts every Friday the culture is amazing I learned a lot of skills while working there the trainers are awesome
Softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Advising DepartmentSeptember 26, 2015
Softrock is a family. You keep the friends you make there because you have so much fun. The company is so successful because we work just as hard as we play and upper management is hands on with everything. Helping people is what its all about.
Pros
Friday Cookouts
Cons
Inconsistancy in management and communication
Great Company
Communications Department (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlMay 9, 2013
Honestly, as I was going through the stars rating, I truly considered each aspect of the company. SoftRock has definitely been generous as far as compensation and benefits. The company culture is tremendous and they really value their employees; from company sports teams to employee appreciation day. Advancement is there if you work hard and have something to offer - I'm proof of that. Management is great at listening to your ideas and pointing you in the right direction. And finally, as far as work / life balance, they are super understanding and flexible with whatever your needs may be. Even working from home is an option!
Pros
just about everything.
Cons
nothing i can think of.
SoftRock Rocks!!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2013
SoftRock is an amazing place to work. “Work hard, play hard” is our motto. There are many opportunities for advancement, if you have the drive to give it your all and do your best. Management focuses on helping individuals accomplish their goals and encourages everyone to voice their ideas. It’s all about collaboration and teamwork, which is easy to accomplish with our great group of co-workers. There are many perks to working here: great compensation, bonuses, and benefits; free cereal for breakfast; team sports- flag football, softball and volleyball; and opportunities to get involved in helping the community.
Pros
fun atmosphere, compensation, bonuses, friendly staff
Cons
no 401k
Fun, Challenging and Rewarding! The Best Place to Work in Orlando!
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Typical day is fast paced and challenging. The exceptional caliber of people provide a nice balance of professionalism and levity.

Management team is patient and helpful. Most notably, they will take the time to listen to your calls and provide useful feedback usually via a call that they did themselves.

Co-workers are encouraging and honest. There is a lot of support from all levels throughout both buildings.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve but well worth the dedication and satisfaction of finding your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture. There is always a theme based company BBQ every Friday and lots of extracurricular sports that are open to everyone to watch, follow or participate in. Also amusing updates on TV monitors throughout all departments so everyone is in touch with all company events.
Pros
lots of activies, bbq's and room for advancement!
Work summary
Team Lead/ Product Adviser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2014
On a day-to-day basis, I speak to applicants on the phone who register for our site who are looking to utilize our services. I market our services to these applicants while generating revenue for the company by using very technical customer service and sales techniques. I was able to grow into a lead supervisor role where I was able to oversee a group of eight advisers who worked within my department. Overall, the company was very fun to work for. We take part in a lot of extra curricular activities such as flag football and softball. The culture was second to none and everyone seems to enjoy what they do at Softrock.
Pros
bbq's, flag football
Cons
communication barriers from upper management, compensation can tend to be a concern.
Endless Opportunities To Make A Difference!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
At SoftRock, our greatest resource is our people. Through loyalty, hard work, determination, and dedication, the opportunities are endless as a SoftRocker. What I love most about SoftRock is the endless possibilities we have to make an impact and in the lives of others. The opportunities for a career, as well as the chance to make a difference, are endless!
Pros
people, management, culture, pay structure, free breakfast and grape soda!
Cons
no vision benefits
Not worth your investment
Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Company is outsourcing to the Dominican Republic. Long hours and descent pay but will can you when you don't meet extremely high sales goals that only a few can manage.
Great job, fun atmosphere, plenty of advancement opportunities
Coordinator in communications (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2012
Some things that set this company apart from others are the friendships between coworkers and the work/life balance. SoftRock plans so many events for employees and joins in several sports leagues around Orlando that work and fun seem to intertwine for me. I hang out with my coworkers outside of the office and we have genuinely become friends. This makes working together so much easier because we know how our personalities work together and how to communicate the most effectively.

The position I am in is very versatile. I have plenty of job responsibilities to make work interesting each day without feeling overwhelmed. The company is growing so quickly, as well, that my career is completely in my hands. Management continuously makes an effort to put me in a job role to utilize my skills and experience fully. They push me to do my best, which is always a good thing.
Pros
sports, employee appreciation events, health benefits, vacation time, relaxed/fun atmosphere, easy to move up within the company
Cons
hard to find parking during peak hours
Unethical-Manipulating Company
Job Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
On the phone 7 hours a day trying to get job seekers employment, and encouraging them to go to school. Management are called trainers with no management experience, their basic roll is making sure staff keeps up with transferring job seekers to education advisers. I was told during my interview and training my base income would be $31,000. However, I was lied to because my income only came to $14,000 annually.
The hardest part of my work day was manipulating job seekers to go to school. Also, working from 8:30am-6:00pm, Monday - Friday for minimum wage. The only thing about the company was free soda and breakfast daily, and we were provided a free lunch cookout on Fridays.
Pros
Free soda and breakfast/popcorn-Monday-Friday hours
Cons
working 42.5 hours a week - being lied and coned to by management and CEO - no chance of moving up, even though they tell you different
Company Review
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Typical Day/Co-workers/The most enjoyable part of the job:

Love seeing the many smiling faces that my coworkers show and it makes my day even brighter. I laugh thinking about it. Makes me happy! Love hearing all the excitement people have about starting school.

What I have learned:

I learned about what education options are out there for people.

Management:

I love the management team. They have come so far and they are doing an amazing job!

PS:

(Cons: Healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, No Part-time Positions, and no 401K)
*This company has come a long way and is still growing!! I am grateful for everything that they have done for me. Who knows, maybe one day they will offer these or better benefits in the future ; ) *
Pros
the owner, the managers, and my co-workers are amazing. cookouts on fridays and flag football!!
Cons
healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, no part-time positions, and no 401k : (
A Day in the Life
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Typical Day: Completing job assignments; searching for jobs within a certain category and market, seeking those that are most profitable.

What I Learned: There is always something new to learn and what that something is varies depending upon who you ask

Management: Is ever-changing

Co-Workers: Are awesome, for the most part.

Hardest Part of the Job: The constant change. Granted, change happens but sometimes new changes happen before the results of previous ones can fully be measured or understood.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: My co-workers
Pros
Lunches on Fridays when hiring, flag football, contests
Cons
don't allow people to bring phones in building or even books, micromanaging
A typical day at softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I come in to work a bit early to enjoy my endless supply of cereal and coffee. I walk around to greet my managers, they always make me laugh before getting to my desk. I clock in and make my own personal goals for the day. Then I work and ask as many questions as may come throughout the day to become better at helping others. Next, I spend lunch with my co-workers and enjoy my time in our work break room. Then I finish my day with some form of encouragement from my managers to remind me that my ultimate goal is to help others and change lives.
Pros
culture, management, office
Cons
no new daily challenges besides different candidates on the phones
Growing company with amazing employee perks
Communications Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlNovember 14, 2012
SoftRock promotes hard workers quickly. You can start in an entry level position and then six months later be working as management, or in an HR role, or in some other position where your skills fit best. They don't hold you back.

I love that they offer participation in office events, activities, charities and sports leagues, which makes working a fun and new experience for me everyday. They have done a great job making this transition of rapid expansion the easiest on all of us that they can. I think the events and in-office competitions / activities help ease the process for all of us.
Pros
employee appreciation, flag football, growing company, events, competitions, individual advancement opportunities
Cons
moving desks
Great place to help you move to your career path.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
This is a great place if your not looking for longevity. They are constantly changing so stability is extremely low. Management provides very little tools to succeed so if your looking for just a place to receive income because of economy crash this will be ideal temp position. If you are looking for integrity or a great position to feel needed or feel as if you are making a difference this wouldn't be the ideal fit.
I learned what NOT to do as a leader communication is extremely needed.
The hardest part of the job is making enough commission money to support family because you are trusting a vendor to qualify your calls which they have no incentive to do so they are paid hourly you are not.
The most enjoyable part is you can work from home.
Love this place
Job Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2014
This company offers a working/learning environment. I am constantly learning about new things and it allows me to be creative. SoftRock has a great culture and fun environment. We are given a cookout every week and lots of fun dress up days. The company is innovative and I look forward to growing with them.
Pros
culture, free food, football
Cons
some benefits could be better
Stay Away From This Company "Proceed with Caution"
MIT (Former Employee) –  MetrowestNovember 19, 2012
This company does not merrit a score, this is a scam and sets every new employee up for failure. The stress from meeting numbers and the hours away from your family are not worth the minimum wage salary that they pay you to "meet the number". The group started with 37 employee's and only two made it to the next level. You do the math people and decide if this is an opportunity for growth or more like free labor and fire. Just a thought, The management is poor no one has any Idea what is happening from day to day. This job is all about goals and making this company money, they have no regard for anyone that walks in or out of those doors. Do some research befor you consider a position in this company.

Comment – April 20, 2013

I guess the job just wasn't a good fit for you. My first week working from home I made the "Daily Dozens" list of the company's top performers. One lady I trained with makes it nearly every day and is usually in the top five. It is really not that difficult if you just do it the way you are taught. I'm not even a good sales person (I bombed when I tried an outside sales job in the past), but this is one of the easiest jobs I have ever had.

growth based on performance and skills
verifications (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2012
it's a tough job and it's not for everyone but if you are good at what they ask you to do, you will get promoted. I have seen people regardless of age or education get promoted because they do the job well. period.

I like that they have intramural teams, do lots of community volunteer work like giving gifts to an orphanage at Christmas, cancer walk, hurricane Sandy relief, etc. There is a cool, fun vibe here. It's competitive and some people simply don't succeed but those that do get rewarded.
Management listens to ideas and has implemented a few.

There was a pool table, sports teams, gourmet food trucks every few weeks, and they just started a lunch-n-learn program once a month. lots of spot bonuses for top performers as well.
Pros
bonuses and fun vibe
Cons
not for everyone.
Innovative Company - Great place to work
HR/Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
I love working for SoftRock. I am surrounded by the best people and so much creativity and ingenuity. We have a great corporate culture which included a beautiful place to work, free cereal (with milk) for our employees, and lots of extra-curricular activities like flag football and community outreach. It is exciting to work for a company that is not afraid to try new things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But, being part of an amazing team that continues to challenge what is and make it better is one of the things I love most about working here.
Pros
good medical benefits, great training, fair compensation, fun culture
Cons
sometimes work weekends