SoftRock

SoftRock Employer Reviews

Endless Opportunities To Make A Difference!
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: people, management, culture, pay structure, free breakfast and grape soda!
Cons: no vision benefits
At SoftRock, our greatest resource is our people. Through loyalty, hard work, determination, and dedication, the opportunities are endless as a SoftRocker. What I love most about SoftRock is the endless possibilities we have to make an impact and in the lives of others. The opportunities for a career, as well as the chance to make a difference, are endless!
Overall a good experience
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free bbq on fridays, expectations are clearly outlined
Cons: pay structure has an odd bonus format, some days are very busy so breaks are limited
Each day is composed of being on the phone accepting calls. Advisors must be available and accepting calls at all times during each shift. Through this position I've learned a lot about different sales techniques and talking with people. Management is very willing and able to help, although at times it may be difficult to find a manager because sometimes they are all called into meetings at once. Coworkers are all very friendly, unfortunately there isn't too much time that you're able to interact with them because 90% or each day is spent on the phone talking with applicants. The position isn't hard, goals just have to me met or exceeded in order to be successful. The best part of the job is when I genuinely feel as though I've helped someone think about improving their future.
Fun, Challenging and Rewarding! The Best Place to Work in Orlando!
Career Specialist (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lots of activies, bbq's and room for advancement!
Typical day is fast paced and challenging. The exceptional caliber of people provide a nice balance of professionalism and levity.

Management team is patient and helpful. Most notably, they will take the time to listen to your calls and provide useful feedback usually via a call that they did themselves.

Co-workers are encouraging and honest. There is a lot of support from all levels throughout both buildings.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve but well worth the dedication and satisfaction of finding your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture. There is always a theme based company BBQ every Friday and lots of extracurricular sports that are open to everyone to watch, follow or participate in. Also amusing updates on TV monitors throughout all departments so everyone is in touch with all company events.
Working on purpose!
Advisor (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun, food, fellowship
Cons: like to see us be able to switch schedules with co workers
I enjoy working with people that want to make a difference . We have an atmosphere of support and fun! the company has maintained this from the beginning. That all comes from the top of leadership , transparency and humor. We laugh and eat and celebrate our success like a family and learn from our mistakes like siblings. Its a unique work culture like no other.
Advisor (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
SoftRock is a great place to work. Great hours I still have time with my family at night and off on weekends. They are clear on what we should be doing and offer great work activities like flag footfall for people who are interested.
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
Pros: bbq fridays, activities, sports, family atmosphere
Cons: must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
A good job
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lots of extras, babas, sports, fun environment
Cons: lack of upper management communication
I help people with their education needs by providing them information on all their options out there.
A typical day at softrock
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: culture, management, office
Cons: no new daily challenges besides different candidates on the phones
I come in to work a bit early to enjoy my endless supply of cereal and coffee. I walk around to greet my managers, they always make me laugh before getting to my desk. I clock in and make my own personal goals for the day. Then I work and ask as many questions as may come throughout the day to become better at helping others. Next, I spend lunch with my co-workers and enjoy my time in our work break room. Then I finish my day with some form of encouragement from my managers to remind me that my ultimate goal is to help others and change lives.
Company Review
Education Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the owner, the managers, and my co-workers are amazing. cookouts on fridays and flag football!!
Cons: healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, no part-time positions, and no 401k : (
Typical Day/Co-workers/The most enjoyable part of the job:

Love seeing the many smiling faces that my coworkers show and it makes my day even brighter. I laugh thinking about it. Makes me happy! Love hearing all the excitement people have about starting school.

What I have learned:

I learned about what education options are out there for people.

Management:

I love the management team. They have come so far and they are doing an amazing job!

PS:

(Cons: Healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, No Part-time Positions, and no 401K)
*This company has come a long way and is still growing!! I am grateful for everything that they have done for me. Who knows, maybe one day they will offer these or better benefits in the future ; ) *
Great atmospere
Job Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando FlAugust 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of growth opportunities
Cons: not able to switch the schedule around to accomidate for appointments
I have learned the options are limitless here. The coworkers I work with are caring and compassionate. The events are amazing and also get to include the family. I have always loved helping people and with the position I hold at Softrock inc. I get to help people everyday.
Let's Talk About Real Options
Career Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bbq fridays, facebook family culture, make great connections
Cons: long hours, lack of money, no growth, political motives
Okay, I have worked at many places in my working career and I must say that this is an experience I would not wish on anyone. I worked this thought to be amazing company for 8 months and I had to step away for the simple reason that change was happening too fast. Wage changes, script changes, management changes, a lot of restructuring that employees would only be made aware of after the fact. I enjoyed my time with this company while it lasted because the CEO taught me a lot without him knowing it. I was able to grasp the concept of mass marketing, how to be a stronger leader because of poor management, and most importantly; I learned exactly how to communicate with people to have them understand the meaning of a brand. I think this company under the right leadership and guidance can be a stronghold in the job search industry, but that would require removing the politics from this equation. Reality is; that may never happen. Moving forward, everyone if you are looking for a career opportunity that you don't have to play politics in, you will see financial/lateral growth, and potentially a strong retirement, this company may not be for you. Understand this, if you are however looking for a quick fix, and need fast money, please understand this is right up your alley. This work from the office or work at home job, is truly for those how are indeed in need of fast money, but with very little hope in moving forward with a career. Consider this an upgraded food chain just on the phone.
Work summary
Team Lead/ Product Adviser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 14, 2014
Pros: bbq's, flag football
Cons: communication barriers from upper management, compensation can tend to be a concern.
On a day-to-day basis, I speak to applicants on the phone who register for our site who are looking to utilize our services. I market our services to these applicants while generating revenue for the company by using very technical customer service and sales techniques. I was able to grow into a lead supervisor role where I was able to oversee a group of eight advisers who worked within my department. Overall, the company was very fun to work for. We take part in a lot of extra curricular activities such as flag football and softball. The culture was second to none and everyone seems to enjoy what they do at Softrock.
Fun work environment
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Orlando,FlApril 17, 2014
Fun work environment unfortunately no room for growth. Great entry level position.
Work from home.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: working from home.
Cons: working from home.
Work from home. Off most weekends. Flexible hours. Able to take lunch anytime.
Great if your morals don't matter
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2014
You basically tell people that your job is to help them find a job. However, your only goal is to get them to become college prospects. This was tough for me to do day after day knowing that it was rubbish.
Excellent start-up in lead generation.
Compliance/Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pros: friday cook-outs, constant change and opportunity for professional growth
Cons: long unexpected hours
Truly the best part of working for SoftRock was the direct interaction with the owner and working hand in hand to achieve his vision. They also promoted one of the best company cultures I have ever seen, which prompted dedication and motivation from all its employees.
costumer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2014
A typical day started with getting our assignments, pairing up and getting straight to business. I also learned about presentation and how important team work can be in a place of business. It also brought out great work ethic and brain storming. Management was important and very understanding, they would also chip in and help if it was needed, great
Softrock
Home Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: worked at home, compensation
Cons: staying home all the time
Softrock was a wonderful place to work for. They did a lot with the community and for the employees.
Inviting and Refreshing
Career Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: option to work from home, lots of food, community outreach
Cons: insurance, own equipment to work at home
Very welcoming and seemed to have revised training process to make it fool proof. If you don't like helping people or encouraging them to be their best, then don't bother. You want to encourage people to succeed and become what they have desired, then here is your opportunity. Work from home or at the office. Training will allow you to be successful. Friendly and fun environment. Growing company.
A company with a fun environment and much ambition
Career Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Everyone I have encountered here has been very welcoming and pleasant. The company as a whole strongly encourages growth and advancement and you can see how they truly take pride in teamwork. They are very big on setting forth a fun culture and they also make it a point to give back to the community.

About SoftRock

At SoftRock, “Whatever it Takes” is not just a tagline; it is an attitude. Since our inception in 2005, SoftRock has – Read more