SoftRock

SoftRock Employee Reviews

productive and fun work setting
advisor (Current Employee), orlando flAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great company events
Cons: nothing
Very respectful easy going relaxed non stressful environment very understanding concept straight to the point structure fantastic employees and co workers
Softrock Overview
Adviser (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 5, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere, constant events, great communication with management and coworkers, "the only constant at softrock is change"
Cons: "the only constant at softrock is change"
On a daily basis, those at Softrock are met with constant positive attitudes and feedback when it comes to work. There is a drive that keeps everyone motivated to give applicants the very best service, and it's usually derived from the same energy we receive from the moment we step into the office to when we leave. There's a personal strive to do and be the best we can be, all while the atmosphere stays positive and refreshing.
A Fun Company To Work For
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: working environment, flag football
Cons: education compensation
I have had several jobs now, and there is no working environment similar to the one we have at Softrock. Yes, there's parties, dress up days, and even flag football, but the best part of this company are the people that run and help make this company successful. All of our co-workers get a long very well, which in turn makes for a better/successful working environment
Productive and motivational work place
Educational Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays, amazing events
Cons: the schedule is never a concrete; always subject to change.
Every day is a day full of new experiences and possibilities. I enjoy the people I work with because its more like a family. We all take care of each other. The management equipped me to be the best that I can be. The hardest part of the job is learning how to understand that you can not help everyone. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to give someone hope to a better life and future.
Great Culture
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: friday bbq's, free cereal and soft drinks
Cons: not enough softrock to go arond
Flexible schedule and professional co-workers with fun personalities.
Great company to work for, if you appreciate the opportunity to work.
Advising (Current Employee), Orlando FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the position pays more than 90% of jobs with a similar skill set. they provide cereal, coffee, popcorn, game rooms, comfortable seating and work space.
I'm a currently employed at SoftRock.

My typical day at work is motivating.

I like the fact that management is behind my success 100% of the time.

I believe some coworkers do not appreciate the fact that they have a job, and don't take their position seriously.

The hardest part about this position is realizing that you don't know it all, and you have to be open to being moldable to be successful which requires that you are able to receive constructive criticism from people who want you to succeed.

My most enjoyable part of the day is being recognized for my success when mid day reports come out, and end of the day reports.
Tons of fun, amazing culture
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nice, smart, helpful employees and managers, free coffee and soda, friday cookouts
Cons: if you don't like football, you're out of luck!
I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars at SoftRock for Job Culture. From the moment you walk in the doors, it's an inviting, fun atmosphere, and everyone just seems genuinely happy to work here (myself included!). From the rookies to the company executives, everyone is helpful, friendly, and most of all willing to help you do whatever it takes to feel fulfilled and successful.
Gigats is awesome
Education advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, flAugust 4, 2014
Pros: cook outs/ flag football and the people
Cons: more concerned on the image
Nothing is perfect. People will always find a way to highlight an error in a situation that is uncommon. I have never worked for a company that valued the idea of brilliance and an exciting working environment. Surrounded by beautiful people who are looking to excel in life and enjoys being in an enthusiastic working culture. If more of that energy were tailored towards the employees rather than the image of how the company is outside looking in, I personally think then it will be a strong enough balance for everyone.
Endless Opportunities To Make A Difference!
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: people, management, culture, pay structure, free breakfast and grape soda!
Cons: no vision benefits
At SoftRock, our greatest resource is our people. Through loyalty, hard work, determination, and dedication, the opportunities are endless as a SoftRocker. What I love most about SoftRock is the endless possibilities we have to make an impact and in the lives of others. The opportunities for a career, as well as the chance to make a difference, are endless!
Overall a good experience
Education Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free bbq on fridays, expectations are clearly outlined
Cons: pay structure has an odd bonus format, some days are very busy so breaks are limited
Each day is composed of being on the phone accepting calls. Advisors must be available and accepting calls at all times during each shift. Through this position I've learned a lot about different sales techniques and talking with people. Management is very willing and able to help, although at times it may be difficult to find a manager because sometimes they are all called into meetings at once. Coworkers are all very friendly, unfortunately there isn't too much time that you're able to interact with them because 90% or each day is spent on the phone talking with applicants. The position isn't hard, goals just have to me met or exceeded in order to be successful. The best part of the job is when I genuinely feel as though I've helped someone think about improving their future.
Fun, Challenging and Rewarding! The Best Place to Work in Orlando!
Career Specialist (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lots of activies, bbq's and room for advancement!
Typical day is fast paced and challenging. The exceptional caliber of people provide a nice balance of professionalism and levity.

Management team is patient and helpful. Most notably, they will take the time to listen to your calls and provide useful feedback usually via a call that they did themselves.

Co-workers are encouraging and honest. There is a lot of support from all levels throughout both buildings.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve but well worth the dedication and satisfaction of finding your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture. There is always a theme based company BBQ every Friday and lots of extracurricular sports that are open to everyone to watch, follow or participate in. Also amusing updates on TV monitors throughout all departments so everyone is in touch with all company events.
Working on purpose!
Advisor (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun, food, fellowship
Cons: like to see us be able to switch schedules with co workers
I enjoy working with people that want to make a difference . We have an atmosphere of support and fun! the company has maintained this from the beginning. That all comes from the top of leadership , transparency and humor. We laugh and eat and celebrate our success like a family and learn from our mistakes like siblings. Its a unique work culture like no other.
Advisor (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
SoftRock is a great place to work. Great hours I still have time with my family at night and off on weekends. They are clear on what we should be doing and offer great work activities like flag footfall for people who are interested.
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
Pros: bbq fridays, activities, sports, family atmosphere
Cons: must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
A good job
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lots of extras, babas, sports, fun environment
Cons: lack of upper management communication
I help people with their education needs by providing them information on all their options out there.
A typical day at softrock
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: culture, management, office
Cons: no new daily challenges besides different candidates on the phones
I come in to work a bit early to enjoy my endless supply of cereal and coffee. I walk around to greet my managers, they always make me laugh before getting to my desk. I clock in and make my own personal goals for the day. Then I work and ask as many questions as may come throughout the day to become better at helping others. Next, I spend lunch with my co-workers and enjoy my time in our work break room. Then I finish my day with some form of encouragement from my managers to remind me that my ultimate goal is to help others and change lives.
Company Review
Education Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the owner, the managers, and my co-workers are amazing. cookouts on fridays and flag football!!
Cons: healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, no part-time positions, and no 401k : (
Typical Day/Co-workers/The most enjoyable part of the job:

Love seeing the many smiling faces that my coworkers show and it makes my day even brighter. I laugh thinking about it. Makes me happy! Love hearing all the excitement people have about starting school.

What I have learned:

I learned about what education options are out there for people.

Management:

I love the management team. They have come so far and they are doing an amazing job!

PS:

(Cons: Healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, No Part-time Positions, and no 401K)
*This company has come a long way and is still growing!! I am grateful for everything that they have done for me. Who knows, maybe one day they will offer these or better benefits in the future ; ) *
Great atmospere
Job Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando FlAugust 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of growth opportunities
Cons: not able to switch the schedule around to accomidate for appointments
I have learned the options are limitless here. The coworkers I work with are caring and compassionate. The events are amazing and also get to include the family. I have always loved helping people and with the position I hold at Softrock inc. I get to help people everyday.
Let's Talk About Real Options
Career Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bbq fridays, facebook family culture, make great connections
Cons: long hours, lack of money, no growth, political motives
Okay, I have worked at many places in my working career and I must say that this is an experience I would not wish on anyone. I worked this thought to be amazing company for 8 months and I had to step away for the simple reason that change was happening too fast. Wage changes, script changes, management changes, a lot of restructuring that employees would only be made aware of after the fact. I enjoyed my time with this company while it lasted because the CEO taught me a lot without him knowing it. I was able to grasp the concept of mass marketing, how to be a stronger leader because of poor management, and most importantly; I learned exactly how to communicate with people to have them understand the meaning of a brand. I think this company under the right leadership and guidance can be a stronghold in the job search industry, but that would require removing the politics from this equation. Reality is; that may never happen. Moving forward, everyone if you are looking for a career opportunity that you don't have to play politics in, you will see financial/lateral growth, and potentially a strong retirement, this company may not be for you. Understand this, if you are however looking for a quick fix, and need fast money, please understand this is right up your alley. This work from the office or work at home job, is truly for those how are indeed in need of fast money, but with very little hope in moving forward with a career. Consider this an upgraded food chain just on the phone.
Work summary
Team Lead/ Product Adviser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 14, 2014
Pros: bbq's, flag football
Cons: communication barriers from upper management, compensation can tend to be a concern.
On a day-to-day basis, I speak to applicants on the phone who register for our site who are looking to utilize our services. I market our services to these applicants while generating revenue for the company by using very technical customer service and sales techniques. I was able to grow into a lead supervisor role where I was able to oversee a group of eight advisers who worked within my department. Overall, the company was very fun to work for. We take part in a lot of extra curricular activities such as flag football and softball. The culture was second to none and everyone seems to enjoy what they do at Softrock.

About SoftRock

At SoftRock, “Whatever it Takes” is not just a tagline; it is an attitude. Since our inception in 2005, SoftRock has – Read more

SoftRock Salaries