SoftRock Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I come in to work a bit early to enjoy my endless supply of cereal and coffee. I walk around to greet my managers, they always make me laugh before getting to my desk. I clock in and make my own personal goals for the day. Then I work and ask as many questions as may come throughout the day to become better at helping others. Next, I spend lunch with my co-workers and enjoy my time in our work break room. Then I finish my day with some form of encouragement from my managers to remind me that my ultimate goal is to help others and change lives.
Pros
culture, management, office
Cons
no new daily challenges besides different candidates on the phones
Endless Opportunities To Make A Difference!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
At SoftRock, our greatest resource is our people. Through loyalty, hard work, determination, and dedication, the opportunities are endless as a SoftRocker. What I love most about SoftRock is the endless possibilities we have to make an impact and in the lives of others. The opportunities for a career, as well as the chance to make a difference, are endless!
Pros
people, management, culture, pay structure, free breakfast and grape soda!
Cons
no vision benefits
Tons of fun, amazing culture
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars at SoftRock for Job Culture. From the moment you walk in the doors, it's an inviting, fun atmosphere, and everyone just seems genuinely happy to work here (myself included!). From the rookies to the company executives, everyone is helpful, friendly, and most of all willing to help you do whatever it takes to feel fulfilled and successful.
Pros
nice, smart, helpful employees and managers, free coffee and soda, friday cookouts
Cons
if you don't like football, you're out of luck!
Productive and motivational work place
Educational Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Every day is a day full of new experiences and possibilities. I enjoy the people I work with because its more like a family. We all take care of each other. The management equipped me to be the best that I can be. The hardest part of the job is learning how to understand that you can not help everyone. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to give someone hope to a better life and future.
Pros
free lunch on fridays, amazing events
Cons
the schedule is never a concrete; always subject to change.
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
Pros
bbq fridays, activities, sports, family atmosphere
Cons
must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
A Fun Company To Work For
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
I have had several jobs now, and there is no working environment similar to the one we have at Softrock. Yes, there's parties, dress up days, and even flag football, but the best part of this company are the people that run and help make this company successful. All of our co-workers get a long very well, which in turn makes for a better/successful working environment
Pros
working environment, flag football
Cons
education compensation
Working on purpose!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
I enjoy working with people that want to make a difference . We have an atmosphere of support and fun! the company has maintained this from the beginning. That all comes from the top of leadership , transparency and humor. We laugh and eat and celebrate our success like a family and learn from our mistakes like siblings. Its a unique work culture like no other.
Pros
fun, food, fellowship
Cons
like to see us be able to switch schedules with co workers
Love this place
Job Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2014
This company offers a working/learning environment. I am constantly learning about new things and it allows me to be creative. SoftRock has a great culture and fun environment. We are given a cookout every week and lots of fun dress up days. The company is innovative and I look forward to growing with them.
Pros
culture, free food, football
Cons
some benefits could be better
Work summary
Team Lead/ Product Adviser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2014
On a day-to-day basis, I speak to applicants on the phone who register for our site who are looking to utilize our services. I market our services to these applicants while generating revenue for the company by using very technical customer service and sales techniques. I was able to grow into a lead supervisor role where I was able to oversee a group of eight advisers who worked within my department. Overall, the company was very fun to work for. We take part in a lot of extra curricular activities such as flag football and softball. The culture was second to none and everyone seems to enjoy what they do at Softrock.
Pros
bbq's, flag football
Cons
communication barriers from upper management, compensation can tend to be a concern.
Think Smoke Screen
Job Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2014
SoftRock needs training by qualified individuals.
Never trust a robotic smile.
The hardest part of the job was having the company tell you one thing and your manager pushing another.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the small team of Job Specialist co-works I worked with every day.
Pros
free bbq on fridays
Cons
they don't look you in the eye, and send someone else to do thier dirty work.
Inviting and Refreshing
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2014
Very welcoming and seemed to have revised training process to make it fool proof. If you don't like helping people or encouraging them to be their best, then don't bother. You want to encourage people to succeed and become what they have desired, then here is your opportunity. Work from home or at the office. Training will allow you to be successful. Friendly and fun environment. Growing company.
Pros
option to work from home, lots of food, community outreach
Cons
insurance, own equipment to work at home
Great company to work for, if you appreciate the opportunity to work.
Advising (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLAugust 4, 2014
I'm a currently employed at SoftRock.

My typical day at work is motivating.

I like the fact that management is behind my success 100% of the time.

I believe some coworkers do not appreciate the fact that they have a job, and don't take their position seriously.

The hardest part about this position is realizing that you don't know it all, and you have to be open to being moldable to be successful which requires that you are able to receive constructive criticism from people who want you to succeed.

My most enjoyable part of the day is being recognized for my success when mid day reports come out, and end of the day reports.
Pros
the position pays more than 90% of jobs with a similar skill set. they provide cereal, coffee, popcorn, game rooms, comfortable seating and work space.
Great Company
Communications Department (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlMay 9, 2013
Honestly, as I was going through the stars rating, I truly considered each aspect of the company. SoftRock has definitely been generous as far as compensation and benefits. The company culture is tremendous and they really value their employees; from company sports teams to employee appreciation day. Advancement is there if you work hard and have something to offer - I'm proof of that. Management is great at listening to your ideas and pointing you in the right direction. And finally, as far as work / life balance, they are super understanding and flexible with whatever your needs may be. Even working from home is an option!
Pros
just about everything.
Cons
nothing i can think of.
Sham
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2012
The pay is minimum wage unless you can make your quotas in the call center. They only promote from within, so EVERYONE has to start in an entry level position (on the phones) until you have the ability to be promoted. The training processes turned over daily while I was there, so the organizational structure was not very solid for new recruits; but it was very easy for the salaried to comment on the hourly when they went home with a REAL pay check every week. If you like to work for minimum wage on the phones and told of unseen potential, then this is the place for you!
Pros
free coffee, cereal in the break room
Cons
pay structure, inexperienced management, poor communication
pretty much a double edged sword.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2013
9am-7pm. i learned a lot of sales techniques. Relating to people's situation, building on patience and empathy. Co-workers were online. everyone was upbeat and motivational. The hardest part of the job is the commission. Things i enjoyed about the job are: being home with free food and gas. having a flexible schedule is also a plus.
Pros
flexible schedule, little commuting, home and office environment.
Cons
public interaction, call time, sales pressure
Stay Away From This Company!
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2012
Softrock is a scam. It's marketed as a company providing career opportunities, but entry level employees start in a crowded, noisy and blistering hot sweatshop of a call center at minimum wage. Unemployed "victims" create profiles online on numerous job sites and call to have their information "verified", when in reality they're convinced to go back to school. If you can't meet their sales goals, you get fired on the spot. Not a job for scrupulous people, and the CEO has a prison record! Google the company name, and you'll see it's been under investigation by the State and featured on the local news as a scam operation. Stay away!
Cons
bogus scam, low pay
Company is deceptive in it's hiring practices
Costomer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 9, 2012
Company is deceptive in it's hiring practices it's primarily a work at home scheme. You'll be called for two interviews the first to acquire as much personal information as possible, the second you'll be handed off to second individual who will tell you it's a work from home position posting ads to Craigslist and numerous other sites. Google the company name for further reviews and experiences from former employers.
Cons
deceptive hiring practices, jobs advertised don't exist.
Not as promising as it seem
MIT (Former Employee) –  orlando,flMay 17, 2012
I applied for a manager in training position. As I started training I realized that the company is a bit deceiving about your job role and what you’re really going to be doing. I slowly realize manager in training does not mean you’re a manager after training. It’s a gimmick to get well experience and educated individuals in the doors. They have a great working atmosphere but not a company I would want to work for. Pay rate is a little confusing and it makes one skeptical. They are always hiring not because they growing fast but because are people quitting. HIGH TURN OVER.
Pros
great and comfortable working atmosphere
Cons
high turn over, confusing pay rate
"There is no smoke without a fire"
Never worked there (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 10, 2012
I was contacted by email and then by text. It sounded sketchy the prompt interiew. They day of the interview I decided to check the company thru Google seach and WOOW I found hundreds of people complainting about the company, pay and job ethic. Before going for an interview it's alway good to do a research about the company. SoftRock seems to be selling people's information to other companies. I haven't find a good review about them, besides the one written by their director and CEO and few ot their "current employees". There are also lots of bad reviews about the company's CEO/owner. Be careful.
Manager in Training
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMay 29, 2012
Began with the Manager in Training program recently. It's been a few weeks since I began and it's been really promising.

The training took a little bit but I've been seeing lots of little great signs from the company regarding their culture and moving up seems to be very attainable if you stick with the program and continue the training.

The interviews consist of a quick one on one and then a group meeting and then an offer - it was very cut and dry, easy to grasp and my decision was very simple to work for the company.
Pros
paid training

SoftRock Reviews by Location