SoftRock

SoftRock Employer Reviews

Great place to grow
Director of Communications (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
Pros: promotions
Cons: parking
SoftRock is a wonderful place to grow and get noticed for you abilities. Just about all of the managers at the company started off in an entry level position and worked their way up, including the company's COO.
Innovative Company - Great place to work
HR/Recruiting (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
Pros: good medical benefits, great training, fair compensation, fun culture
Cons: sometimes work weekends
I love working for SoftRock. I am surrounded by the best people and so much creativity and ingenuity. We have a great corporate culture which included a beautiful place to work, free cereal (with milk) for our employees, and lots of extra-curricular activities like flag football and community outreach. It is exciting to work for a company that is not – more... afraid to try new things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But, being part of an amazing team that continues to challenge what is and make it better is one of the things I love most about working here. – less
Growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 9, 2013
Pros: lots of company activities, lunches, sports teams, acknowledgement of accomplishments, birthdays, tenure.
Cons: traffic in the area. not a lot of great places to eat locally
As a new employee, I hadn't heard that much about SoftRock before I went on my interview at the beginning of 2013. But once I got here, it was hard to believe they had kept the company under wraps.

The company is experiencing really fast growth because of the success of the Employment site Gigats.com. That means they are hiring aggressively and promoting – more... internal employees pretty quickly if you do a good job.

As a tech company that works mostly in the web, the workforce is young and fun. There's a lot of energy and a lot of new ideas. There's a pretty constant push to think of new ways to do things.

Benefits and pay have been pretty good, and there are some quarterly bonuses that can be a lot of $$. Many new employees were given an amount of the bonus $$ even though they had only been here for a few weeks.

If you like a fast-paced work environment with a lot of chance for advancement, this is the place for you. – less
Great Place to Work
Search Engine Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me is creating reports and analyzing the web traffic. There is always something to do, which is great because the days go by quick and you're never bored. I really enjoy working for my management team, because they have a vast knowledge of the digital medium and are willing to share their knowledge.
SoftRock is a great place to work!
Communications (Current Employee), CommunicationsMay 9, 2013
Pros: free cereal, laid-back atmosphere, snack bar
Cons: no 401k
I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day at SoftRock. The culture is professional, yet fun. My co-workers are some of the smartest and most innovative people I know. I learn something new each day and every day is different from the one before.
Great Company
Communications Department (Current Employee), Orlando, FlMay 9, 2013
Pros: just about everything.
Cons: nothing i can think of.
Honestly, as I was going through the stars rating, I truly considered each aspect of the company. SoftRock has definitely been generous as far as compensation and benefits. The company culture is tremendous and they really value their employees; from company sports teams to employee appreciation day. Advancement is there if you work hard and have something – more... to offer - I'm proof of that. Management is great at listening to your ideas and pointing you in the right direction. And finally, as far as work / life balance, they are super understanding and flexible with whatever your needs may be. Even working from home is an option! – less
pretty much a double edged sword.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, little commuting, home and office environment.
Cons: public interaction, call time, sales pressure
9am-7pm. i learned a lot of sales techniques. Relating to people's situation, building on patience and empathy. Co-workers were online. everyone was upbeat and motivational. The hardest part of the job is the commission. Things i enjoyed about the job are: being home with free food and gas. having a flexible schedule is also a plus.
Very difficult job. Didnt fit my personality
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: i liked working at home
Cons: was difficult for me to make as much money as i needed.
Spent the day on the phone trying to convince people who were not interested that they should go back to school.
Days were up to 12 hrs but might only be paid for 6 to 8 because I was only paid for time actually spent talking to callers.
SCAM!!!!
Front Desk (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJanuary 8, 2013
This company is a scam. They lie to people and try to get them to sign up for for-profit schools instead of finding them jobs. Scam.
Lots of growth potential and a great environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, flNovember 27, 2012
Pros: lots of comapny outings and events, fun environment, good pay and room to grow
SoftRock has the energy of a young company but the systems in place that established companies need. I love working here. Looking at the people that I work with and seeing how much we have grown is amazing to me. I have learned more at this company than I have in my others combined.

It's fast paced and only the strong survive but that is the best part. – more... I am a better employee for working here and the skills I am learning will stay with me.

Great culture- people actually want to be here and you can tell – less
Great work environment; fun and progressive
Controller (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2012
Pros: work/life balance; recreational events and philanthropy
Working there has been a great experience! My co-workers are the nicest people with real team spirit. I am able to use my skills and experience to contribute to common goals and growth of the company. It is a pleasure to go to work every day!!
Typical day at the office
Team Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2012
A typical day at work included managing, training, motivating and coaching employees. Conducted sales meetings to provide tips to help with the success of employee specialists.
Excellent work environment
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2012
Pros: flexibility, free cereal, friendly spacious breakrooms
Excellent company overall, great work environment and overall a very fun/friendly culture of work hard/play hard. Co-workers are some of the hardest working people you will ever find. The most enjoyable part of the job is always looking for new creative ways to improve and grow.
Great place to work at !
Manager (Current Employee), OrlandoNovember 19, 2012
Pros: we give back to the community and staff is treated well
Cons: let you know if i find any
A fast growing company with very fast advancement opportunities and a very dedicated staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing others succeed. I have seen people get hired and within 1 year, advance rapidly in the company .Senior management places a greater emphasis on dedication and hard work than your resume.
The best part of being a Soft Rocker is everyone’s attributes; teamwork, recognition, unity, compassion, hard work and so much more…
Director of Employer Services (Current Employee), orlando, flNovember 19, 2012
Pros: the time you dedicate to perfect your job, you get back 10 fold...
Cons: there is no cons; just hard work!
If you are looking for an amazing company to work with, not just for… Soft Rock is it! I have had the pleasure of working with this company since the beginning. You have to put the work in, to fully benefit from the company… But if you find something you truly enjoy, you always have to work hard at it!
growth based on performance and skills
verifications (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2012
Pros: bonuses and fun vibe
Cons: not for everyone.
it's a tough job and it's not for everyone but if you are good at what they ask you to do, you will get promoted. I have seen people regardless of age or education get promoted because they do the job well. period.

I like that they have intramural teams, do lots of community volunteer work like giving gifts to an orphanage at Christmas, cancer walk, – more... hurricane Sandy relief, etc. There is a cool, fun vibe here. It's competitive and some people simply don't succeed but those that do get rewarded.
Management listens to ideas and has implemented a few.

There was a pool table, sports teams, gourmet food trucks every few weeks, and they just started a lunch-n-learn program once a month. lots of spot bonuses for top performers as well. – less
Stay Away From This Company "Proceed with Caution"
MIT (Former Employee), MetrowestNovember 19, 2012
This company does not merrit a score, this is a scam and sets every new employee up for failure. The stress from meeting numbers and the hours away from your family are not worth the minimum wage salary that they pay you to "meet the number". The group started with 37 employee's and only two made it to the next level. You do the math people and decide – more... if this is an opportunity for growth or more like free labor and fire. Just a thought, The management is poor no one has any Idea what is happening from day to day. This job is all about goals and making this company money, they have no regard for anyone that walks in or out of those doors. Do some research befor you consider a position in this company. – less

Wisdom – April 20, 2013

I guess the job just wasn't a good fit for you. My first week working from home I made the "Daily Dozens" list of the company's top performers. One lady I trained with makes it nearly every day and is usually in the top five. It is really not that difficult if you just do it the way you are taught. I'm not even a good sales person (I bombed when I tried an outside sales job in the past), but this is one of the easiest jobs I have ever had.

Where is the INTEGUITY with this company !
Verification specialist & Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando FlNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free cereal, good benefits, great outreach.
Cons: poor management, poor training, poor communication and very unorganized!
I started working for this company about 3months ago. I started as a verification representative. Applicants calling thinking they're applying for a job. The fact of the matter was we were trying to push the applicant into going back to school. There is nothing wrong with that if that's what the applicant wants to do.But, if you wanted a pay check you – more... were to push them to speak with an advisor. Because I cared about the applicant's I was moved to that dept. Yes, the advisor dept were you( suppose to care about the applicant and find out what they want to pursue as a career. ) In training all they talked about was help the applicant fullfill their dreams. It's not about numbers just help each applicant to succed. NOT TRUE at all one day out of now where. Your getting called into the office with no warning, no write ups ever in your file. To make it so bad the day before patting you on your back for such a job well done with going over and beyond the normal with warm transfers getting applicant to talk straight to the college( Jones International ) and the very next day calling you into the office to fire you because my numbers are to low. They talk from both sides of their mouths. New management in the dept with nothing in their mind but to get the applicant qualifed no matter what it takes and what I mean by that they want you to twist them to wanting something that you can transfer straight to the college because that's where the money is at for the company. I was even told that if they ask for a trade to ask if their looking to start their own business to push them into speaking to the college at that moment. Trades for the company are hard to match the applicant which means small money to no mone to them. How Is That For honesty And INTEGUIY!!!! – less
Great job, fun atmosphere, plenty of advancement opportunities
Coordinator in communications (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2012
Pros: sports, employee appreciation events, health benefits, vacation time, relaxed/fun atmosphere, easy to move up within the company
Cons: hard to find parking during peak hours
Some things that set this company apart from others are the friendships between coworkers and the work/life balance. SoftRock plans so many events for employees and joins in several sports leagues around Orlando that work and fun seem to intertwine for me. I hang out with my coworkers outside of the office and we have genuinely become friends. This – more... makes working together so much easier because we know how our personalities work together and how to communicate the most effectively.

The position I am in is very versatile. I have plenty of job responsibilities to make work interesting each day without feeling overwhelmed. The company is growing so quickly, as well, that my career is completely in my hands. Management continuously makes an effort to put me in a job role to utilize my skills and experience fully. They push me to do my best, which is always a good thing. – less
Growing company with amazing employee perks
Communications Team Member (Current Employee), Orlando, FlNovember 14, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation, flag football, growing company, events, competitions, individual advancement opportunities
Cons: moving desks
SoftRock promotes hard workers quickly. You can start in an entry level position and then six months later be working as management, or in an HR role, or in some other position where your skills fit best. They don't hold you back.

I love that they offer participation in office events, activities, charities and sports leagues, which makes working a – more... fun and new experience for me everyday. They have done a great job making this transition of rapid expansion the easiest on all of us that they can. I think the events and in-office competitions / activities help ease the process for all of us. – less

About SoftRock

SoftRock is a media company that creates software that rocks! It is SoftRock’s unique blend of the right team and the right – Read more