SoftRock Employee Reviews

Be sure to swallow your compassion
Academic Guide (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 15, 2015
This is a task of smoke and mirrors. A job matching website prompts a job seeker to call in under the guise of an "interview". They get pulled in thinking the call is for a job only for the call to be about finishing their registration. Then they are sent over to an academic guide to discuss and be put in touch with colleges that may or may not be recognizable to employers as being legitimate. I feel like I'm taking advantage everyday I'm there.
Pros
Company culture is great. There are team sports, cookouts, and a cereal bar for snacking.
Cons
position is misleading. Feeling like a con artist the whole time you're on the phone. Oh, and it is a call center.
Great place to help you move to your career path.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
This is a great place if your not looking for longevity. They are constantly changing so stability is extremely low. Management provides very little tools to succeed so if your looking for just a place to receive income because of economy crash this will be ideal temp position. If you are looking for integrity or a great position to feel needed or feel as if you are making a difference this wouldn't be the ideal fit.
I learned what NOT to do as a leader communication is extremely needed.
The hardest part of the job is making enough commission money to support family because you are trusting a vendor to qualify your calls which they have no incentive to do so they are paid hourly you are not.
The most enjoyable part is you can work from home.
A Day in the Life
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Typical Day: Completing job assignments; searching for jobs within a certain category and market, seeking those that are most profitable.

What I Learned: There is always something new to learn and what that something is varies depending upon who you ask

Management: Is ever-changing

Co-Workers: Are awesome, for the most part.

Hardest Part of the Job: The constant change. Granted, change happens but sometimes new changes happen before the results of previous ones can fully be measured or understood.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: My co-workers
Pros
Lunches on Fridays when hiring, flag football, contests
Cons
don't allow people to bring phones in building or even books, micromanaging
Great company to work for, if you appreciate the opportunity to work.
Advising (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLAugust 4, 2014
I'm a currently employed at SoftRock.

My typical day at work is motivating.

I like the fact that management is behind my success 100% of the time.

I believe some coworkers do not appreciate the fact that they have a job, and don't take their position seriously.

The hardest part about this position is realizing that you don't know it all, and you have to be open to being moldable to be successful which requires that you are able to receive constructive criticism from people who want you to succeed.

My most enjoyable part of the day is being recognized for my success when mid day reports come out, and end of the day reports.
Pros
The position pays more than 90% of jobs with a similar skill set. They provide cereal, coffee, popcorn, game rooms, comfortable seating and work space.
Fun work environment, lots of opportunities for advancement, can sometimes be repetitive and boring
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2012
I think this is a great company to work for. They treat their employees really well and try to offer a lot of events and activities in and out of the office. The job itself is kind of boring and gets repetitive quickly, but what job isn't boring in some way? They definitely do the best they can to make the environment pleasant. If you're really dedicated and show initiative, they promote you quickly. They don't hold people back from advancement (who deserve it) at all. Pay is a little low for all positions, but there is room for negotiation.
Pros
sports, events, contests, food, fun, monitor your own breaks
Cons
low pay, repetitive job duties
Overall a good experience
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Each day is composed of being on the phone accepting calls. Advisors must be available and accepting calls at all times during each shift. Through this position I've learned a lot about different sales techniques and talking with people. Management is very willing and able to help, although at times it may be difficult to find a manager because sometimes they are all called into meetings at once. Coworkers are all very friendly, unfortunately there isn't too much time that you're able to interact with them because 90% or each day is spent on the phone talking with applicants. The position isn't hard, goals just have to me met or exceeded in order to be successful. The best part of the job is when I genuinely feel as though I've helped someone think about improving their future.
Pros
Free BBQ on Fridays, expectations are clearly outlined
Cons
Pay structure has an odd bonus format, Some days are very busy so breaks are limited
Great place to work at !
Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoNovember 19, 2012
A fast growing company with very fast advancement opportunities and a very dedicated staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing others succeed. I have seen people get hired and within 1 year, advance rapidly in the company .Senior management places a greater emphasis on dedication and hard work than your resume.
Pros
we give back to the community and staff is treated well
Cons
let you know if i find any
Great Place for Advancement
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 24, 2012
Applied for MIT several weeks ago and I love the program. The company culture is great, your duties and opportunities are well-defined, outlined and there's definitely room for advancement.

On top of that, the company culture is great! There's always fun events to participate in, and there's something for everyone every month. It's just a really great company to work for if you can dedicate yourself to following the program.
Pros
lunch breaks, company events/parties
Tons of fun, amazing culture
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars at SoftRock for Job Culture. From the moment you walk in the doors, it's an inviting, fun atmosphere, and everyone just seems genuinely happy to work here (myself included!). From the rookies to the company executives, everyone is helpful, friendly, and most of all willing to help you do whatever it takes to feel fulfilled and successful.
Pros
Nice, smart, helpful employees and managers, free coffee and soda, Friday cookouts
Cons
If you don't like football, you're out of luck!
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
Pros
BBQ fridays, Activities, Sports, Family atmosphere
Cons
Must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
Fun environment with dedicated work ethic
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work is meeting with the friendly managers and everyone there is also a delight to work it. The management is on top of everything without any real hassle. The co-workers always have an up beat attitude so it keeps the motivation high. There isnt any real hard part of the job since everything stays well no matter what department your in with everyone being so helpful. and the most enjoyable part is going there to make new acquaintances since there is always a friendly face to talk to.
Pros
Friday cookouts and every week there is dress up themes!
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
Room for personal growth; always learning
Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2012
I enjoy my job at SoftRock. Since I joined the team, I have used my marketing background, analytical skills and Master's degree to contribute to a number of important projects. The work I have done has had a positive impact on various departments and processes. Another plus is that everyone that works here is very nice and accepting; I share an office with people who quickly became my friends. Working at SoftRock has also given me the opportunity to participate in community service projects, with the company often matching our fundraising efforts. The company has a very rich internal culture that connects everyone, despite the fact that we are a large (and growing) organization. Overall, I have had a very good experience at SoftRock and look forward to working here for many more years.
Pros
dynamic company with plenty of room for personal growth, never a dull moment, always learning, cool coworkers
The best part of being a Soft Rocker is everyone’s attributes; teamwork, recognition, unity, compassion, hard work and so much more…
Director of Employer Services (Current Employee) –  orlando, flNovember 19, 2012
If you are looking for an amazing company to work with, not just for… Soft Rock is it! I have had the pleasure of working with this company since the beginning. You have to put the work in, to fully benefit from the company… But if you find something you truly enjoy, you always have to work hard at it!
Pros
the time you dedicate to perfect your job, you get back 10 fold...
Cons
there is no cons; just hard work!
Excellent work environment
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2012
Excellent company overall, great work environment and overall a very fun/friendly culture of work hard/play hard. Co-workers are some of the hardest working people you will ever find. The most enjoyable part of the job is always looking for new creative ways to improve and grow.
Pros
flexibility, free cereal, friendly spacious breakrooms
A company with a fun environment and much ambition
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Everyone I have encountered here has been very welcoming and pleasant. The company as a whole strongly encourages growth and advancement and you can see how they truly take pride in teamwork. They are very big on setting forth a fun culture and they also make it a point to give back to the community.
"There is no smoke without a fire"
Never worked there (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 10, 2012
I was contacted by email and then by text. It sounded sketchy the prompt interiew. They day of the interview I decided to check the company thru Google seach and WOOW I found hundreds of people complainting about the company, pay and job ethic. Before going for an interview it's alway good to do a research about the company. SoftRock seems to be selling people's information to other companies. I haven't find a good review about them, besides the one written by their director and CEO and few ot their "current employees". There are also lots of bad reviews about the company's CEO/owner. Be careful.
Softrock Overview
Adviser (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 5, 2014
On a daily basis, those at Softrock are met with constant positive attitudes and feedback when it comes to work. There is a drive that keeps everyone motivated to give applicants the very best service, and it's usually derived from the same energy we receive from the moment we step into the office to when we leave. There's a personal strive to do and be the best we can be, all while the atmosphere stays positive and refreshing.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, constant events, great communication with management and coworkers, "the only constant at Softrock is change"
Cons
"The only constant at Softrock is change"
Great place to work with rewards for success
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2012
l admit that the Manager in Training program is hard, but it's completely worth it in the end. This is a company that gives people the chance to PROVE themselves rather than just write them off based on a resume. After a hundred resumes I got a call for Softrock and have been given opportunity after opportunity to succeed. So long as you're willing to put in the effort you WILL succeed. In addition it's a really fun atmosphere with tons of activities both during work and after to keep things interesting. This is the dream job I didn't know I wanted.
Pros
pay, opportunity, culture
Cons
parking
Softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Advising DepartmentSeptember 26, 2015
Softrock is a family. You keep the friends you make there because you have so much fun. The company is so successful because we work just as hard as we play and upper management is hands on with everything. Helping people is what its all about.
Pros
Friday Cookouts
Cons
Inconsistancy in management and communication
Not worth your investment
Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Company is outsourcing to the Dominican Republic. Long hours and descent pay but will can you when you don't meet extremely high sales goals that only a few can manage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftRock. Our community is ready to answer.

SoftRock Reviews by Location