SoftRock

SoftRock Employer Reviews

It's been a really fun, encouraging environment!
Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, fun environment.
Cons: short breaks.
The vibe of the workplace is incredibly energetic and infectious. You look forward to coming because you are surrounded by fun, outgoing people. You get what you put in and the managers are very encouraging and helpful. The free food every friday isn't so bad either.
Fun work enviroment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2014
The education specialist position allowed me assist all candidates looking for employment and also provide them with education options.
VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaDecember 4, 2013
This company is a scam to get people looking for jobs to agree to talk to college counselors. They change names of the company as often as some people change their socks.
Tricky
Career Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch on friday
Cons: hardly any breaks, poor management, poorly ran in general, very large turn over rate
They trick people into thinking that their a very fun company to work for, with a google atmosphere. In all actually the job is dreadful and the management is horrible. The one good thing I could say is the people you work with are generally amazing. The people are fun but you can't get to attached to them because no one is there to long. With the way – more... the company is run and how poor the management is the turn over rate is crazy. Most people from the countless people I talked to stay an average of 6 months to 1 year. Once everyone realizes what the company is about they are looking for other jobs or just quit because they can't handle the management. They will call people in without any warning and fire them, and you will have a new manager every month it feels like. The company over all has horrible reviews and one of the first categories that will pop up when you search them on the web is scam company. They have to train 5-15 people per week just to keep up with the turn over rate. – less
Easy going, relaxed environment
Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2013
Soft Rock hires a diverse group of individuals, that's one of the aspects that drew me to this company. From what they say, everyone who works there has started at the same position (Verification Specialist) so the team managers actually worked that very same position before you.
Everyone in office was always very friendly and seemed to get along very – more... well. The dress code was relaxed so you never felt like you were in an up-tight environment.
This was a work at home position after training was complete which was a downside because I loved actually coming into the office. – less
Great Culture
Career Specialist (Current Employee), OrlandoMay 15, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere; great training managers
Cons: no 401k
It's a very positive and upbeat environment. The trainers ensure you're fully prepared. I just started 2 weeks ago, but it seems great!
Softrock
Copywriter (Current Employee), orlandoMay 13, 2013
Pros: free meals, fun coworkers
Cons: benefits and pay are mediocre
I've worked here for a couple years and I've had a good time. It's a standard 8-5 job, but they have a flex schedule that gives you an hour of wiggle room there. They provide free breakfast cereal and coffee, which are fine perks.
There is an hour lunch and our department has potlucks and free lunches from time to time (maybe a dozen or so since I've – more... worked here).
The coworkers are fun, especially on Friday where we play music in the office. – less
Great family-like atmosphere
Executive Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2013
It's more like a family than a workplace, everyone seems to work together as a team, no job is more important than another
SoftRock Rocks!!!!
Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 10, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere, compensation, bonuses, friendly staff
Cons: no 401k
SoftRock is an amazing place to work. “Work hard, play hard” is our motto. There are many opportunities for advancement, if you have the drive to give it your all and do your best. Management focuses on helping individuals accomplish their goals and encourages everyone to voice their ideas. It’s all about collaboration and teamwork, which is easy to – more... accomplish with our great group of co-workers. There are many perks to working here: great compensation, bonuses, and benefits; free cereal for breakfast; team sports- flag football, softball and volleyball; and opportunities to get involved in helping the community. – less
Awesome work place
Graphic/Web Designer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 10, 2013
I love it here, I have the opportunity to be as creative as I want. I have the greatest co-workers. It's a great place.
Great place to grow
Director of Communications (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
Pros: promotions
Cons: parking
SoftRock is a wonderful place to grow and get noticed for you abilities. Just about all of the managers at the company started off in an entry level position and worked their way up, including the company's COO.
Innovative Company - Great place to work
HR/Recruiting (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
Pros: good medical benefits, great training, fair compensation, fun culture
Cons: sometimes work weekends
I love working for SoftRock. I am surrounded by the best people and so much creativity and ingenuity. We have a great corporate culture which included a beautiful place to work, free cereal (with milk) for our employees, and lots of extra-curricular activities like flag football and community outreach. It is exciting to work for a company that is not – more... afraid to try new things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But, being part of an amazing team that continues to challenge what is and make it better is one of the things I love most about working here. – less
Growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 9, 2013
Pros: lots of company activities, lunches, sports teams, acknowledgement of accomplishments, birthdays, tenure.
Cons: traffic in the area. not a lot of great places to eat locally
As a new employee, I hadn't heard that much about SoftRock before I went on my interview at the beginning of 2013. But once I got here, it was hard to believe they had kept the company under wraps.

The company is experiencing really fast growth because of the success of the Employment site Gigats.com. That means they are hiring aggressively and promoting – more... internal employees pretty quickly if you do a good job.

As a tech company that works mostly in the web, the workforce is young and fun. There's a lot of energy and a lot of new ideas. There's a pretty constant push to think of new ways to do things.

Benefits and pay have been pretty good, and there are some quarterly bonuses that can be a lot of $$. Many new employees were given an amount of the bonus $$ even though they had only been here for a few weeks.

If you like a fast-paced work environment with a lot of chance for advancement, this is the place for you. – less
Great Place to Work
Search Engine Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me is creating reports and analyzing the web traffic. There is always something to do, which is great because the days go by quick and you're never bored. I really enjoy working for my management team, because they have a vast knowledge of the digital medium and are willing to share their knowledge.
SoftRock is a great place to work!
Communications (Current Employee), CommunicationsMay 9, 2013
Pros: free cereal, laid-back atmosphere, snack bar
Cons: no 401k
I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day at SoftRock. The culture is professional, yet fun. My co-workers are some of the smartest and most innovative people I know. I learn something new each day and every day is different from the one before.
Great Company
Communications Department (Current Employee), Orlando, FlMay 9, 2013
Pros: just about everything.
Cons: nothing i can think of.
Honestly, as I was going through the stars rating, I truly considered each aspect of the company. SoftRock has definitely been generous as far as compensation and benefits. The company culture is tremendous and they really value their employees; from company sports teams to employee appreciation day. Advancement is there if you work hard and have something – more... to offer - I'm proof of that. Management is great at listening to your ideas and pointing you in the right direction. And finally, as far as work / life balance, they are super understanding and flexible with whatever your needs may be. Even working from home is an option! – less
pretty much a double edged sword.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, little commuting, home and office environment.
Cons: public interaction, call time, sales pressure
9am-7pm. i learned a lot of sales techniques. Relating to people's situation, building on patience and empathy. Co-workers were online. everyone was upbeat and motivational. The hardest part of the job is the commission. Things i enjoyed about the job are: being home with free food and gas. having a flexible schedule is also a plus.
Very difficult job. Didnt fit my personality
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: i liked working at home
Cons: was difficult for me to make as much money as i needed.
Spent the day on the phone trying to convince people who were not interested that they should go back to school.
Days were up to 12 hrs but might only be paid for 6 to 8 because I was only paid for time actually spent talking to callers.
SCAM!!!!
Front Desk (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJanuary 8, 2013
This company is a scam. They lie to people and try to get them to sign up for for-profit schools instead of finding them jobs. Scam.
Lots of growth potential and a great environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, flNovember 27, 2012
Pros: lots of comapny outings and events, fun environment, good pay and room to grow
SoftRock has the energy of a young company but the systems in place that established companies need. I love working here. Looking at the people that I work with and seeing how much we have grown is amazing to me. I have learned more at this company than I have in my others combined.

It's fast paced and only the strong survive but that is the best part. – more... I am a better employee for working here and the skills I am learning will stay with me.

Great culture- people actually want to be here and you can tell – less

About SoftRock

At SoftRock, “Whatever it Takes” is not just a tagline; it is an attitude. Since our inception in 2005, SoftRock has – Read more