SoftRock Employee Reviews in United States

Let's Talk About Real Options
Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2014
Okay, I have worked at many places in my working career and I must say that this is an experience I would not wish on anyone. I worked this thought to be amazing company for 8 months and I had to step away for the simple reason that change was happening too fast. Wage changes, script changes, management changes, a lot of restructuring that employees would only be made aware of after the fact. I enjoyed my time with this company while it lasted because the CEO taught me a lot without him knowing it. I was able to grasp the concept of mass marketing, how to be a stronger leader because of poor management, and most importantly; I learned exactly how to communicate with people to have them understand the meaning of a brand. I think this company under the right leadership and guidance can be a stronghold in the job search industry, but that would require removing the politics from this equation. Reality is; that may never happen. Moving forward, everyone if you are looking for a career opportunity that you don't have to play politics in, you will see financial/lateral growth, and potentially a strong retirement, this company may not be for you. Understand this, if you are however looking for a quick fix, and need fast money, please understand this is right up your alley. This work from the office or work at home job, is truly for those how are indeed in need of fast money, but with very little hope in moving forward with a career. Consider this an upgraded food chain just on the phone.
Pros
bbq fridays, facebook family culture, make great connections
Cons
long hours, lack of money, no growth, political motives
Tons of fun, amazing culture
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars at SoftRock for Job Culture. From the moment you walk in the doors, it's an inviting, fun atmosphere, and everyone just seems genuinely happy to work here (myself included!). From the rookies to the company executives, everyone is helpful, friendly, and most of all willing to help you do whatever it takes to feel fulfilled and successful.
Pros
nice, smart, helpful employees and managers, free coffee and soda, friday cookouts
Cons
if you don't like football, you're out of luck!
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
Pros
bbq fridays, activities, sports, family atmosphere
Cons
must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMay 10, 2012
Been working here for several years and love it, the company atmosphere is great and the advancement opportunities are there if you're ready to seize them. Started in the admin side of things and worked my way up. The company is very loyal to people who work hard, and the people who work here are incredibly welcoming and inclusive. It's a joy to work here.
Pros
good healthcare plans, great outreach/volunteer programs
Fun environment with dedicated work ethic
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work is meeting with the friendly managers and everyone there is also a delight to work it. The management is on top of everything without any real hassle. The co-workers always have an up beat attitude so it keeps the motivation high. There isnt any real hard part of the job since everything stays well no matter what department your in with everyone being so helpful. and the most enjoyable part is going there to make new acquaintances since there is always a friendly face to talk to.
Pros
friday cookouts and every week there is dress up themes!
Cons
none that i can think of at this time.
Work hard play hard
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2012
I hear all these people talk about how it's so difficult to work here. It's not really. With every job, there are some people that excel and some that are just happy with collecting a paycheck. I will tell you that I have given my total commitment to SoftRock and it has paid off. I started as an Employment Specialist and now I am a Team Manager. The people who put bad things on here just are negative people or just want their paychecks and nothing else.

I have no complaints about our company because I don't know any other job in Orlando where you can make as much as I do and have the security and ability to advance. Most companies around here are laying people off but not my company. If you want a job where you can make friends, have fun, and bust your tail with great rewards then I ask you to seek out one of our employees and talk to us about it. We'll tell you what it's really like to work here first hand.
Pros
stability, great pay, fun company stuff
Cons
sometimes can be stressful, changing often, long hours, pushed to the limit
Sham
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2012
The pay is minimum wage unless you can make your quotas in the call center. They only promote from within, so EVERYONE has to start in an entry level position (on the phones) until you have the ability to be promoted. The training processes turned over daily while I was there, so the organizational structure was not very solid for new recruits; but it was very easy for the salaried to comment on the hourly when they went home with a REAL pay check every week. If you like to work for minimum wage on the phones and told of unseen potential, then this is the place for you!
Pros
free coffee, cereal in the break room
Cons
pay structure, inexperienced management, poor communication
Manager in Training
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2012
Applied for the Manager in Training position and was given a thorough description regarding duties and advancement - it's a great program with lots of room for advancement and I'm glad for the steady employment at a great company.

I was really impressed at what a great job they did at showing you exactly how to advance further and my direct supervisor is great at communication. The culture is great and there's always something new going on.
Pros
afterwork activities, clear communication, advancement-minded goals
Softrock Overview
Adviser (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 5, 2014
On a daily basis, those at Softrock are met with constant positive attitudes and feedback when it comes to work. There is a drive that keeps everyone motivated to give applicants the very best service, and it's usually derived from the same energy we receive from the moment we step into the office to when we leave. There's a personal strive to do and be the best we can be, all while the atmosphere stays positive and refreshing.
Pros
positive atmosphere, constant events, great communication with management and coworkers, "the only constant at softrock is change"
Cons
"the only constant at softrock is change"
A great first step into the corporate world
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Overall the Softrock gets us ready for our day with some free coffee and cereal...that's right free. We also play flag football and we have a great fantasy football draft party. The management is always there to give a helping hand when needed and your co-workers are there to help as well, so you never have that sense of feeling that your alone. And it always feel good to know that you've helped someone achieve their goals.
Pros
bbq's every friday, and can't forget the game room!
Cons
healthcare plan can get expensive
Fun work environment, lots of opportunities for advancement, can sometimes be repetitive and boring
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2012
I think this is a great company to work for. They treat their employees really well and try to offer a lot of events and activities in and out of the office. The job itself is kind of boring and gets repetitive quickly, but what job isn't boring in some way? They definitely do the best they can to make the environment pleasant. If you're really dedicated and show initiative, they promote you quickly. They don't hold people back from advancement (who deserve it) at all. Pay is a little low for all positions, but there is room for negotiation.
Pros
sports, events, contests, food, fun, monitor your own breaks
Cons
low pay, repetitive job duties
Great Place for Advancement
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  OrlandoJuly 24, 2012
Applied for MIT several weeks ago and I love the program. The company culture is great, your duties and opportunities are well-defined, outlined and there's definitely room for advancement.

On top of that, the company culture is great! There's always fun events to participate in, and there's something for everyone every month. It's just a really great company to work for if you can dedicate yourself to following the program.
Pros
lunch breaks, company events/parties
Gigats is awesome
Education advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, flAugust 4, 2014
Nothing is perfect. People will always find a way to highlight an error in a situation that is uncommon. I have never worked for a company that valued the idea of brilliance and an exciting working environment. Surrounded by beautiful people who are looking to excel in life and enjoys being in an enthusiastic working culture. If more of that energy were tailored towards the employees rather than the image of how the company is outside looking in, I personally think then it will be a strong enough balance for everyone.
Pros
cook outs/ flag football and the people
Cons
more concerned on the image
Great place to work at !
Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoNovember 19, 2012
A fast growing company with very fast advancement opportunities and a very dedicated staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing others succeed. I have seen people get hired and within 1 year, advance rapidly in the company .Senior management places a greater emphasis on dedication and hard work than your resume.
Pros
we give back to the community and staff is treated well
Cons
let you know if i find any
Productive and motivational work place
Educational Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Every day is a day full of new experiences and possibilities. I enjoy the people I work with because its more like a family. We all take care of each other. The management equipped me to be the best that I can be. The hardest part of the job is learning how to understand that you can not help everyone. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to give someone hope to a better life and future.
Pros
free lunch on fridays, amazing events
Cons
the schedule is never a concrete; always subject to change.
It's a fun place to work.
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2015
It's a fun place to work if you fit in with the culture they've established. Cookouts every Friday, company football teams, and a lot of events.
Room for personal growth; always learning
Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2012
I enjoy my job at SoftRock. Since I joined the team, I have used my marketing background, analytical skills and Master's degree to contribute to a number of important projects. The work I have done has had a positive impact on various departments and processes. Another plus is that everyone that works here is very nice and accepting; I share an office with people who quickly became my friends. Working at SoftRock has also given me the opportunity to participate in community service projects, with the company often matching our fundraising efforts. The company has a very rich internal culture that connects everyone, despite the fact that we are a large (and growing) organization. Overall, I have had a very good experience at SoftRock and look forward to working here for many more years.
Pros
dynamic company with plenty of room for personal growth, never a dull moment, always learning, cool coworkers
A company with a fun environment and much ambition
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Everyone I have encountered here has been very welcoming and pleasant. The company as a whole strongly encourages growth and advancement and you can see how they truly take pride in teamwork. They are very big on setting forth a fun culture and they also make it a point to give back to the community.
The best part of being a Soft Rocker is everyone’s attributes; teamwork, recognition, unity, compassion, hard work and so much more…
Director of Employer Services (Current Employee) –  orlando, flNovember 19, 2012
If you are looking for an amazing company to work with, not just for… Soft Rock is it! I have had the pleasure of working with this company since the beginning. You have to put the work in, to fully benefit from the company… But if you find something you truly enjoy, you always have to work hard at it!
Pros
the time you dedicate to perfect your job, you get back 10 fold...
Cons
there is no cons; just hard work!
Excellent work environment
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2012
Excellent company overall, great work environment and overall a very fun/friendly culture of work hard/play hard. Co-workers are some of the hardest working people you will ever find. The most enjoyable part of the job is always looking for new creative ways to improve and grow.
Pros
flexibility, free cereal, friendly spacious breakrooms