SoftRock Employee Reviews

productive and fun work setting
advisor (Current Employee) –  orlando flAugust 5, 2014
Very respectful easy going relaxed non stressful environment very understanding concept straight to the point structure fantastic employees and co workers
Pros
great company events
Cons
nothing
Softrock Overview
Adviser (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 5, 2014
On a daily basis, those at Softrock are met with constant positive attitudes and feedback when it comes to work. There is a drive that keeps everyone motivated to give applicants the very best service, and it's usually derived from the same energy we receive from the moment we step into the office to when we leave. There's a personal strive to do and be the best we can be, all while the atmosphere stays positive and refreshing.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, constant events, great communication with management and coworkers, "the only constant at Softrock is change"
Cons
"The only constant at Softrock is change"
A Fun Company To Work For
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
I have had several jobs now, and there is no working environment similar to the one we have at Softrock. Yes, there's parties, dress up days, and even flag football, but the best part of this company are the people that run and help make this company successful. All of our co-workers get a long very well, which in turn makes for a better/successful working environment
Pros
Working environment, Flag Football
Cons
Education compensation
Productive and motivational work place
Educational Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Every day is a day full of new experiences and possibilities. I enjoy the people I work with because its more like a family. We all take care of each other. The management equipped me to be the best that I can be. The hardest part of the job is learning how to understand that you can not help everyone. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to give someone hope to a better life and future.
Pros
free lunch on Fridays, Amazing events
Cons
The schedule is never a concrete; always subject to change.
Great Culture
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Flexible schedule and professional co-workers with fun personalities.
Pros
Friday BBQ's, Free cereal and soft drinks
Cons
Not enough Softrock to go arond
Great company to work for, if you appreciate the opportunity to work.
Advising (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLAugust 4, 2014
I'm a currently employed at SoftRock.

My typical day at work is motivating.

I like the fact that management is behind my success 100% of the time.

I believe some coworkers do not appreciate the fact that they have a job, and don't take their position seriously.

The hardest part about this position is realizing that you don't know it all, and you have to be open to being moldable to be successful which requires that you are able to receive constructive criticism from people who want you to succeed.

My most enjoyable part of the day is being recognized for my success when mid day reports come out, and end of the day reports.
Pros
The position pays more than 90% of jobs with a similar skill set. They provide cereal, coffee, popcorn, game rooms, comfortable seating and work space.
Tons of fun, amazing culture
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I wish I could rate higher than 5 stars at SoftRock for Job Culture. From the moment you walk in the doors, it's an inviting, fun atmosphere, and everyone just seems genuinely happy to work here (myself included!). From the rookies to the company executives, everyone is helpful, friendly, and most of all willing to help you do whatever it takes to feel fulfilled and successful.
Pros
Nice, smart, helpful employees and managers, free coffee and soda, Friday cookouts
Cons
If you don't like football, you're out of luck!
Gigats is awesome
Education advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, flAugust 4, 2014
Nothing is perfect. People will always find a way to highlight an error in a situation that is uncommon. I have never worked for a company that valued the idea of brilliance and an exciting working environment. Surrounded by beautiful people who are looking to excel in life and enjoys being in an enthusiastic working culture. If more of that energy were tailored towards the employees rather than the image of how the company is outside looking in, I personally think then it will be a strong enough balance for everyone.
Pros
Cook outs/ flag football and the people
Cons
More concerned on the image
Endless Opportunities To Make A Difference!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
At SoftRock, our greatest resource is our people. Through loyalty, hard work, determination, and dedication, the opportunities are endless as a SoftRocker. What I love most about SoftRock is the endless possibilities we have to make an impact and in the lives of others. The opportunities for a career, as well as the chance to make a difference, are endless!
Pros
People, Management, Culture, Pay Structure, Free Breakfast and Grape Soda!
Cons
No Vision Benefits
Overall a good experience
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Each day is composed of being on the phone accepting calls. Advisors must be available and accepting calls at all times during each shift. Through this position I've learned a lot about different sales techniques and talking with people. Management is very willing and able to help, although at times it may be difficult to find a manager because sometimes they are all called into meetings at once. Coworkers are all very friendly, unfortunately there isn't too much time that you're able to interact with them because 90% or each day is spent on the phone talking with applicants. The position isn't hard, goals just have to me met or exceeded in order to be successful. The best part of the job is when I genuinely feel as though I've helped someone think about improving their future.
Pros
Free BBQ on Fridays, expectations are clearly outlined
Cons
Pay structure has an odd bonus format, Some days are very busy so breaks are limited
Fun, Challenging and Rewarding! The Best Place to Work in Orlando!
Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
Typical day is fast paced and challenging. The exceptional caliber of people provide a nice balance of professionalism and levity.

Management team is patient and helpful. Most notably, they will take the time to listen to your calls and provide useful feedback usually via a call that they did themselves.

Co-workers are encouraging and honest. There is a lot of support from all levels throughout both buildings.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve but well worth the dedication and satisfaction of finding your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture. There is always a theme based company BBQ every Friday and lots of extracurricular sports that are open to everyone to watch, follow or participate in. Also amusing updates on TV monitors throughout all departments so everyone is in touch with all company events.
Pros
Lots of activies, BBQ's and room for advancement!
Young company.
Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
In 2013 I read a few articles on the organization and was attracted to the growth opportunities the company was expected to experience in 2014. I was currently employed and looking for an industry change and decided to apply at the end of 2013.

This is a young organization lacking many of the SOPs, benefits and career pathing you would find in a larger organization. Given its small size it can adapt to change much faster than companies of a much larger size so the implementation of ideas and changes are common place.

In the six months I have had the opportunity to move latterly into two additional roles since I started. It has been interested and I am still exploring the organization for growth opportunities. More to come.
Pros
Changing environment, young average age employees, great entry level positions
Cons
Missing SOPs that would stream line Ops. growth only in sales areas.
Working on purpose!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
I enjoy working with people that want to make a difference . We have an atmosphere of support and fun! the company has maintained this from the beginning. That all comes from the top of leadership , transparency and humor. We laugh and eat and celebrate our success like a family and learn from our mistakes like siblings. Its a unique work culture like no other.
Pros
fun, food, fellowship
Cons
like to see us be able to switch schedules with co workers
Advisor (Current Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 4, 2014
SoftRock is a great place to work. Great hours I still have time with my family at night and off on weekends. They are clear on what we should be doing and offer great work activities like flag footfall for people who are interested.
Great culture and people!
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 4, 2014
This is a great fun place to work with many people from multiple different backgrounds and experiences. Advising provides applicants with educational options so that they can learn information on how to achieve their future career goals. There are many opportunities for advancement/to be recognized. The culture is unlike any other company out there!
Pros
BBQ fridays, Activities, Sports, Family atmosphere
Cons
Must be able to adapt to frequent changes.
A good job
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 4, 2014
I help people with their education needs by providing them information on all their options out there.
Pros
Lots of extras, babas, sports, fun environment
Cons
Lack of upper management communication
A typical day at softrock
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
I come in to work a bit early to enjoy my endless supply of cereal and coffee. I walk around to greet my managers, they always make me laugh before getting to my desk. I clock in and make my own personal goals for the day. Then I work and ask as many questions as may come throughout the day to become better at helping others. Next, I spend lunch with my co-workers and enjoy my time in our work break room. Then I finish my day with some form of encouragement from my managers to remind me that my ultimate goal is to help others and change lives.
Pros
Culture, Management, office
Cons
No new daily challenges besides different candidates on the phones
Company Review
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Typical Day/Co-workers/The most enjoyable part of the job:

Love seeing the many smiling faces that my coworkers show and it makes my day even brighter. I laugh thinking about it. Makes me happy! Love hearing all the excitement people have about starting school.

What I have learned:

I learned about what education options are out there for people.

Management:

I love the management team. They have come so far and they are doing an amazing job!

PS:

(Cons: Healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, No Part-time Positions, and no 401K)
*This company has come a long way and is still growing!! I am grateful for everything that they have done for me. Who knows, maybe one day they will offer these or better benefits in the future ; ) *
Pros
The Owner, The Managers, and My co-workers are amazing. Cookouts on Fridays and Flag Football!!
Cons
Healthcare benefits were a bit pricy, No Part-time Positions, and no 401K : (
Great atmospere
Job Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 4, 2014
I have learned the options are limitless here. The coworkers I work with are caring and compassionate. The events are amazing and also get to include the family. I have always loved helping people and with the position I hold at Softrock inc. I get to help people everyday.
Pros
A lot of growth opportunities
Cons
Not able to switch the schedule around to accomidate for appointments
Employment Specialist
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlJuly 22, 2014
Work from home position

Prescreen applicants for jobs
Finding out about applicants qualifications
Matching applicants up with the perfect position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoftRock. Our community is ready to answer.

SoftRock Reviews by Location