The Jr. Accountant fulfills an integral transactional and reporting function in the Finance department of SoftwareOne. This role touches all aspects of accounting from Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Cash Management, Sales Tax Reporting, Monthly Account Reconciliations, Credit Analysis, Payroll and other special projects as needed. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
Provide support for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions. Provide financial information for the organization by maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts. Provide support to the Accounting Manager, the accounting team and the Finance Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the general ledger accounts by monitoring journal entry preparation; preparing monthly accruals and entries and reconciling accounts monthly.
- Responsibilities may include:
oAccounts receivable – assisting with daily invoicing;
oCash application – Applying customer payments timely
oCommissions – Process monthly commission statements
- Maintain controls over accounting transactions.
- Complete special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
- Complete internal audits of transactions as necessary.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- One to Three years of experience.
- Self-starter, organized, attention to detail, deadline oriented, hands-on.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Worked with ERP system in the past – Navision a plus.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- MS Office experience required including extensive Excel knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.