Sogeti USA LLC Employee Reviews

Fun for some, not for others
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
So all the big perks and bonuses do exists in Sogeti but it all depends what part of company you are in, most folks don't understand that there are employees who are corporate employees that means they don't need to face clients, don't need to be billable and yet they would receive their part of bonuses, 401k match etc.
Now the rest which is about 85-90% of the employees who are consultants have different experience, so in order for a consultant to be getting all the perks, they have to be billable 100%, they should be willing to take any role (for e.g. people who are at VP level be ready to work as developers/testers at times). The brightest consultants who would have performed excellent say 9 months out of 12, and can't get to the billable assignments for 3 months would have hard time seeing these perks. It's all subjective, and getting to another assignment would be like totally on the mercy of these so called AEs and Corp employees.

Very minimal chances of growth if you are in a consultant bucket, Over all like I said, good company depends which bucket you fall into.
Pros
Better than some other consulting companies
Cons
Very unit centric, One unit maybe letting good resources go, while other be hiring resource from outside, they will comm with each other due to their own PL, ultimately employees suffers.
Sogeti Lies
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I was lured to Sogeti with a lot of promises: More money, bigger bonuses, better benefits and interesting work.

They had an urgent need that I could fill, so they told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear. I walked into a contentious situation at HCTRA, one of their biggest clients in Houston. I solved some problems and turned the project around. I was lauded as a Rockstar.

Flash forward three months. I wireframed a new mobile app from top to bottom and when it came time to design the look and feel, the key decision maker for HCTRA is suddenly unhappy with my work and has me removed from the project.

In retrospect, I didn't do anything wrong. The client was fairly apathetic and uninvolved with the process of designing the app. But the clincher is that Sogeti did not even investigate the situation. They just let me go. They couldn't fire me because they knew they had no cause. They were getting rid of me to make the client happy.

In the short time I worked there, I learned that the bonus and promotion programs were incredibly subjective and controlled by one VP. The same one that hired me and let me go. Basically, Sogeti lies. They lie about their benefits. They lie about compensation. All they care about is making money.

If you are interested in consulting again, I would recommend Sapient Global Markets or Sapient Razorfish. Not Sogeti.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Horrible upper mangement
Great environment, fun co-workers, and exciting projects
General Electric Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Day to day is normal office setting, unless your project requires you to work onsite. Sogeti is willing to train you and build your portfolio, so be sure to attend the many trainings the company has to offer. If you feel over-worked by the client, be sure to let management know.
Pros
Free Soda and Coffee!
Cons
Only 7 paid holidays
No work life balance
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2016
The benefits are great but they come at too high a cost. The only way to advance is to give up any semblance of a work and home life balance. There is a tech night or social event every week and if you want to advance then be prepared to spend an entire year basically hobnobbing and showing up for any and all events. They want you to do this while also acquiring certifications and doing community service. Worst of all they don't take your home location into consideration when placing you with clients. Be prepared for up to an hour or more of a commute for who knows how long.
Pros
Pay for mileage, and cell phone bill
Cons
Long commutes to clients, advancement not based on work performance but willingness to sacrifice home life
A Great place to work
Software Developer/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 4, 2016
USA Sogeti is great place to work as a self starter. Sogeti has great benefit, top notch 401k program, work life balance, online training courses, career advancement, and culture diversity.
Pros
great benefit, work life balance, culture diversity
Cons
Not competitive pay, job security, management
Could be better
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2016
Company promotes itself as a technology consultation yet many of their clients are used for business analyst positions.

I was hired as a developer yet was placed at client as a analyst doing data entry for nearly a year. When I was renewed by the client I received more responsibility and even though I wanted to do actual software development I stayed at the client because Sogeti was financially hurting. After a failed re-negotiating of my contract with the client I returned to Sogeti to wait for another project but after a month they decided to terminate my employment there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor/Lack communication
We don't care what you sacrifice, just make us money
IT Consultant & Tier 2 Exchange Admin (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2016
Learn whatever you can to make them money, and if you can't they put you on a project and abandon you there. I would have a hard time selling this place to a friend
Overall a great company for whom to work as a Consultant
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2016
Have been with the company less than a year. Onboarding with the company was great. The time prior to placement at a Client's site was beneficial to learn the background and come up to speed with regards to Sogeti itself. A lot of support is given to employees and Clients. Co-workers are willing to assist each other as a team.
Pros
Training for employees and being able to maintain work/life balance
Cons
Onboarding with a Client; more information is helpful prior to joining a Client's site. However, understandably this is not always made available by the Client.
Excellent Benefits, Rewards and Work Life Balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 31, 2016
I'm impressed with Sogeti's benefits, if you work hard your results matter and will be rewarded with bonus money and end of the year trips.

401K is the best out there.

Family friendly company.

Family picnics, service projects, employee recognition week, great work life balance.
Pros
Benefits, bonus, incentive trips, great work life balance.
Cons
Base salaries are lower but it is covered in bonus and benefits.
Energetic Place to work at
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2016
As a contractor you hunger for new projects and challenges, Sogeti answers that need perfectly. So far I have worked on multiple projects that have exposed me to different technologies and environment. Also, I have earned certifications, which is something that Sogeti proactively promotes.
Strong Benefits, Work Life Balance & Work Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 22, 2016
Sogeti is a people-centric organization, which they illustrate with their very strong benefits. For ex. a 150% match on 401k, profit sharing, basically company paid healthcare, paid vacation & holidays, annual bonus, etc. It is also a company that has a strong learning culture. They give their employees $12k in annual tuition reimbursement, they also have an extensive online database of courses for education/certification. Unlike a lot of IT consulting companies, they don't require their consultants to travel, which makes for a solid work/life balance. I really enjoy the work environment and culture. It is a self-driven work environment, no micromanagement. They give you the tools to be successful and to grow your skills.
Pros
Benefits, bonus, culture/environment, work/life balance
Stay away - it's a box of doom
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 24, 2016
You can find better work elsewhere. Management is horrible there. They don't care about the consultants, they care only about themselves and the client. During my time there, corporate big wigs were flown in to try and save the account. They lost it anyway. During the entire time the corporate suits were there, management lied to us about things, saying everything was A-OK. I noticed a lot of chaos during my time there with management that didn't know the slightest thing about how to deal with its people or how to handle the difficult client. There was zero plan in place to try to make things better. It seemed to me they only cared about the money and prestige this client could bring them. Management really should care about those they hire first and make sure they have the tools to succeed. If management cared about those two things, they'd have happier employees AND happier clients that they would be able to keep!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Bad office lighting with no windows, extremely bad management, high health care deductible
Amazing Benefits
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2016
Sogeti is a solid consulting firm with a very wide range of skilled associates. Great for folks fresh out of college and a wide range of clients for senior level experienced talent. Benefits are the best I've seen in my 20 years!
Great opportunity to further your knowledge in any field
Report Lead(SSRS) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2016
Fast paced environment. You have to be willing to learn new things and exceed clients expectations. They are a consulting company where you are on a client site under contract. That contract can end without a renewal.
Pros
Salary, 401k, Trainings
Cons
Contract, not full time, You get placed without asking you
Dysfunctional Seattle Unit
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
As with any company there are good people and opportunities available but the management is horrible and I don't see any sign of things improving. This is a good place to get experience but not where you stay to grow into a career.

The culture is one where the management looks out for their needs above all else and most consultants get the shaft in terms of the benefits and pay.
Pros
Foot in the door
Cons
everything else
Decit and Trickery
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 14, 2016
Employer is less than honest with salary and benefits. will tell you anything to get you onboard. Then once you are there, bonus and raises do not happen.
Awful company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2016
This company was supposed to provide project-based solutions to clients and I would be working in a team of Sogeti consultants. However I found out it was just staff augmentation.

Management is focused on keeping staff on the ground and making money even if it means filling staff augmentation roles. When you first start they ask you to describe the type of roles you would prefer. But it doesn’t matter. You will be offered whatever role they can scrape up. The account executives also think very highly of themselves.

The support system is extremely weak; you are by yourself in the company. Nothing is handed to you here even if you deserve it. You have to ask/demand and prove that you're worth it. Performance measurements were too based on comparing fellow employees rather than on how you are doing your actual job. You must compete with coworkers to get assignments – regardless of how much you’ve already proven yourself.

Before you are offered a job the recruiter spends a lot of time explaining the benefits which includes a huge bonus program. After you start you find out how difficult it is to actually earn the bonus. It isn’t based on how well you perform at the client at all. It is based on how many employee referrals you make that result in hires and how many billable hours you have. Both of these, and others, have nothing to do with what you can actually control.

Employee ‘appreciation’ week was laughable – in order to get appreciated you had to travel to the office for breakfast or lunch. For me that was a twenty minute drive one-way; not worth my time.
  more... The items they did deliver were fun but I got better gifts from my clients.

For a technology company the internal technology was not impressive. Consultants need to enter their weekly timesheet in order to get paid. The only way to access the online timesheet is with the Sogeti provided laptop. There was no way to access it from a smart phone or even from a client’s computer.

There is no such thing as work/life balance. You are expected to work 40 hours for the client and then attend mandatory meetings in the evenings or over lunch. Sometimes you are even asked to attend meetings via the phone during the work day. They do occasionally have free food at these meetings but they try to go as cheap as they can. They buy pizzas from Domino's or whatever is cheapest.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
No work/life balance; too much internal competition; arrogant account execs
Just a job to pay the bills.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2016
Being a consultant at Sogeti is alright if you don't mind having very little leadership. They barely are there and very rarely make sure things are going well. They are just looking for money and not people to continue working there for years. Just overall a miserable experience with little opportunity for movement in your career.
Pros
Salaried with good benefits.
Cons
Pay.
Sogeti
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 1, 2016
Sogeti is a fun place to work. Lot of opportunities for growth. Body shopping organization. Great 401K plan. Good medical benefits.

Long work hours. Late night calls.
Pros
Great 401 K Plan
Cons
Long work hours and late night calls with offshore
Poor quality of treatment, lack of business ethics.
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 15, 2016
They told me they are a project based solution provider and when I started I found out it was just staff augmentation.

Working with the Account Executive for a Multinational firm we, in less than 2 months, secured a multi-million
Engagement that will grow by 40% each year for 4-5 years.

They promised I would be the client Partner and then even after the business I got them they said we have to give it to an Indian because he will communicate better with offshore. This was said even after I worked 3 years for TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (THE LARGEST INDIAN CONSULTANCY FIRM)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sogeti USA LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6