Sogeti USA LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away - it's a box of doom
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 24, 2016
You can find better work elsewhere. Management is horrible there. They don't care about the consultants, they care only about themselves and the client. During my time there, corporate big wigs were flown in to try and save the account. They lost it anyway. During the entire time the corporate suits were there, management lied to us about things, saying everything was A-OK. I noticed a lot of chaos during my time there with management that didn't know the slightest thing about how to deal with its people or how to handle the difficult client. There was zero plan in place to try to make things better. It seemed to me they only cared about the money and prestige this client could bring them. Management really should care about those they hire first and make sure they have the tools to succeed. If management cared about those two things, they'd have happier employees AND happier clients that they would be able to keep!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Bad office lighting with no windows, extremely bad management, high health care deductible
Great opportunity to further your knowledge in any field
Report Lead(SSRS) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2016
Fast paced environment. You have to be willing to learn new things and exceed clients expectations. They are a consulting company where you are on a client site under contract. That contract can end without a renewal.
Pros
Salary, 401k, Trainings
Cons
Contract, not full time, You get placed without asking you
Dysfunctional Seattle Unit
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
As with any company there are good people and opportunities available but the management is horrible and I don't see any sign of things improving. This is a good place to get experience but not where you stay to grow into a career.

The culture is one where the management looks out for their needs above all else and most consultants get the shaft in terms of the benefits and pay.
Pros
Foot in the door
Cons
everything else
Decit and Trickery
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 14, 2016
Employer is less than honest with salary and benefits. will tell you anything to get you onboard. Then once you are there, bonus and raises do not happen.
Awful company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2016
This company was supposed to provide project-based solutions to clients and I would be working in a team of Sogeti consultants. However I found out it was just staff augmentation.

Management is focused on keeping staff on the ground and making money even if it means filling staff augmentation roles. When you first start they ask you to describe the type of roles you would prefer. But it doesn’t matter. You will be offered whatever role they can scrape up. The account executives also think very highly of themselves.

The support system is extremely weak; you are by yourself in the company. Nothing is handed to you here even if you deserve it. You have to ask/demand and prove that you're worth it. Performance measurements were too based on comparing fellow employees rather than on how you are doing your actual job. You must compete with coworkers to get assignments – regardless of how much you’ve already proven yourself.

Before you are offered a job the recruiter spends a lot of time explaining the benefits which includes a huge bonus program. After you start you find out how difficult it is to actually earn the bonus. It isn’t based on how well you perform at the client at all. It is based on how many employee referrals you make that result in hires and how many billable hours you have. Both of these, and others, have nothing to do with what you can actually control.

Employee ‘appreciation’ week was laughable – in order to get appreciated you had to travel to the office for breakfast or lunch. For me that was a twenty minute drive one-way; not worth my time.
  more... The items they did deliver were fun but I got better gifts from my clients.

For a technology company the internal technology was not impressive. Consultants need to enter their weekly timesheet in order to get paid. The only way to access the online timesheet is with the Sogeti provided laptop. There was no way to access it from a smart phone or even from a client’s computer.

There is no such thing as work/life balance. You are expected to work 40 hours for the client and then attend mandatory meetings in the evenings or over lunch. Sometimes you are even asked to attend meetings via the phone during the work day. They do occasionally have free food at these meetings but they try to go as cheap as they can. They buy pizzas from Domino's or whatever is cheapest.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
No work/life balance; too much internal competition; arrogant account execs
Just a job to pay the bills.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2016
Being a consultant at Sogeti is alright if you don't mind having very little leadership. They barely are there and very rarely make sure things are going well. They are just looking for money and not people to continue working there for years. Just overall a miserable experience with little opportunity for movement in your career.
Pros
Salaried with good benefits.
Cons
Pay.
Sogeti
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 1, 2016
Sogeti is a fun place to work. Lot of opportunities for growth. Body shopping organization. Great 401K plan. Good medical benefits.

Long work hours. Late night calls.
Pros
Great 401 K Plan
Cons
Long work hours and late night calls with offshore
Poor quality of treatment, lack of business ethics.
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 15, 2016
They told me they are a project based solution provider and when I started I found out it was just staff augmentation.

Working with the Account Executive for a Multinational firm we, in less than 2 months, secured a multi-million
Engagement that will grow by 40% each year for 4-5 years.

They promised I would be the client Partner and then even after the business I got them they said we have to give it to an Indian because he will communicate better with offshore. This was said even after I worked 3 years for TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (THE LARGEST INDIAN CONSULTANCY FIRM)
Great job straight out of College
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I learned a lot about the consulting life, client management, and about business analysis and Software testing. It was great experience straight out of college, however I do wish there was more emphasis on providing a greater work culture for the employees.
Self Management is the Key
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2015
Sogeti has been a good place to work, but in general isn't a very supportive work environment. They are very focused in this area on keeping staff on the ground - including staff augmentation roles, which wasn't expected.
Pros
Compensation was good, Smart people, Opportunities appear to exist (though I wasn't able to take advantage of them)
Cons
Other benefits pretty weak, staff augmentation role
Professional Management Advisory Services Role for an IT Consulting firm
Organizational Change Management Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Sogeti offers a challenging work environment by way of interesting projects with IT clients. However, the work is more transactional in nature and does not provide the opportunity to be as consultative as I expected with my clients.
Pretty much fine
Consultant (Current Employee) –  AustinAugust 4, 2015
The Managers are great nice people and you only get placed locally. The pay is reasonable, it's a fine place to work. However they don't like to move you if your billing so you can have the same assignment for several years.
May be good or bad...but not reliable...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mid AtlanticJuly 14, 2015
Your experience depends on the location where you work. Some locations lack good projects and have minimum clients with whom they work. Sogeti is a subsidiary of Capgemini but not of the same standards. Beware of the Maryland location- you may be disappointed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  New yorkJune 27, 2015
Good place to work for. Good people , less politics , but support system is extremely weak. you are by yourself in the company
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Too much work
Good Salary
Testing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2015
sorry for the review being short. The work varies and you get a good salary, but the Health Care is poor and the chances of keeping your job long longer than year is low. It is vary low for new gards, but can be a great starter job if your options are low. almost the grad left or were let go, because there was no role for them to fill.
Pros
Can not think of one at this time
Cons
Health Care, Work Life, No a long term employer
Sogeti Review
Digital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2015
Get to work on different projects with your client. Sogeti offers lots of training year round to advance your skills.

My co-workers work well together and we can projects accomplished on time.
Small Market Player
Director Business Information Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2015
Senior Management is distant and it is difficult to divine a cohesive corporate vision beyond revenue targets. The local management has a very good view of markets and market players
Pros
Typically local work
Cons
Sale forces sells bodies, not projects and experts ... you value is your billable rate only.
Excellent Management Team
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaMarch 24, 2015
Most Sogeti staff work together on projects - I was a staff aug person for 11 years.

The management at the local and national level are really great and employee focused.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Advancement difficult unless you immerse your life in the company.
Steady work place
Licensing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 18, 2015
Good company to start off in. Not a company to stay in the long run as a consultant. The people are friendly and make work fun.
Good Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 16, 2015
• Facilitated meetings with key customers and stakeholders to perform requirements gathering.
• Created Architectural design of the website.
• Created estimation for the proposal and reviewed with business
• Develop and present Project Schedule
• Execute Project Plan
• Application Development, Unit testing, Stage deployment.
• Creating SDLC documentation.
• Application demonstration with business
• Taking care of all the issues or changes raised after UAT (UAT Support).
• Ensure timely completion of Project within timelines and budget
• Provide thought leadership on implementation do’ and don’t’
• Functional oversight of the Use cases and related workshops
• Status reporting to client and internal stakes
• Present Project Status to senior manager.

2.6