Sogeti USA LLC Employee Reviews

Poor company needs to learn to compensate workers fairly for career advancement
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
Would not recommend taking a job here unless you are out of options and in a need a job ASAP. They will treat you well in front of your face and show you about all these perks that are truly unattainable.
Pros
Client Dependent, you are client facing so sometimes you get nice perks
Cons
poor management, poor advancement, 3years 401k match, vacation/sick days combined, forced to take vacation when clients have holidays
Best consulting company in this region
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2017
Career consulting with people of long tenure. Serves some of the largest fortune 50 companies in this area. Provides training and excellent chance to improve your skills and market ability.
great place to work for
Senior Database Developer/Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Bellevue,WANovember 4, 2017
He said unemployment was high, farmers were helpless, education was expensive and medical costs were soaring because the government had not set up new hospitals, corruption was very high and a handful of industrialists and corporates could take away land, water and other resources while the BJP government in the State remained a mute spectator.
Wonderful experience
Financial Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I am doing an unpaid coop with sogeti and it has taught me a great deal of finance and overall consulting work, However this is unpaid and cuts down on my available paid work hours.
OK Place to work
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
Since it is a professional services company, only the projects do matter . You would be very lucky to have a good project and if the project is not good , you will have to look for another opportunities
Cons
bad healthcare
IT Consulting Company
Senior Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
Was a relatively straightforward consulting company with standard issues at most similar companies regarding advancement and salary. Can be competitive depending on project.
Pros
Strong Benefits package with profit sharing and 401k match
Terrible Place to Work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 23, 2017
The Washington State unit of Sogeti has been run into the ground in the past 4 years. Extremely low pay that is not keeping up with regional growth in compensation is a key driver of this. Management fails to define scope with the client, and then overworks the employees constantly because of this. Additionally, senior management is known to try to sell clients on capabilities the organization doesn't even possess.

The only enjoyable part is a industry leading 401k plan. The healthcare plan is a high deductible plan that provides the legal minimums in benefits.

Do not work here.
Good company, good people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Very much enjoyed company culture and the effort they put in to improving interaction between employees. Encouraged learning and advancement. they had a good group of companies they worked with.
Worst place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 9, 2017
Dont ever fall for this company. They doesnt have a work culture. Average salary and management is worst. They dont even have a proper office. Mostly they are sharing with some other firm. tremendous of job unnecessary job pressure from management.
Pros
Dont see anything except working at client side
Cons
Salary, Worklife balance
No Job Security
Sr Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
The company doesn't care about employee growth. I had won 2 Hackathons, received a raise, and a bonus and I wasn't even with them for a year. I worked on a bid for a Client only to have them cancel it on us. Since nothing else was found right away (2 weeks after the bid was canceled), I was laid off.

There are 2 levels of management you deal with, the office manager and practice manager. The practice manager finds you work, mentors you on certificates and training, and also recommends you for bonuses. The office manager laid me off on Monday and I received a call on Wednesday from my practice manager to work on another bid. The bids I work on I am normally sold with as well. The client they were looking to land was one I had worked for and had relationships there.
Pros
Training
Cons
Senior Management

Comment – April 9, 2017

The company doesn't value you what you offer in terms of relationships or skill. Despite having very talented resources, they are under appreciated and those talents are not looked at when making changes to staff.

Great Company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2017
Great Company to work for, nice people, and work with some of the biggest companies in the region.

They say they want to help you advance but they want to keep you billing in the same position for as long as possible.
High salaries but also high turn around rate on employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northeast Center, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Company is interested in outsourcing to other countries at all costs. Did not feel the company kept the needs of the customer in focus at all times.
Pros
A great deal of autonomy
Cons
High employee and management turn around
Great company to work for
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Sogeti an IT services company delivering business value through industrialized solutions with sector expertise–one client at a time.

With over 45 years of experience, Sogeti offers a comprehensive portfolio of services including Business Intelligence & Analytics, Cloud Services, Digital Transformation, Product Lifecycle Management, Software Development & Integration, and Testing.

Armed with a comprehensive, standard-defining portfolio of solutions, and hyper-focused, client-centric model, Sogeti leverages cutting-edge technology to deliver innovative results and best-in-class service to their clients.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Fun for some, not for others
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
So all the big perks and bonuses do exists in Sogeti but it all depends what part of company you are in, most folks don't understand that there are employees who are corporate employees that means they don't need to face clients, don't need to be billable and yet they would receive their part of bonuses, 401k match etc.
Now the rest which is about 85-90% of the employees who are consultants have different experience, so in order for a consultant to be getting all the perks, they have to be billable 100%, they should be willing to take any role (for e.g. people who are at VP level be ready to work as developers/testers at times). The brightest consultants who would have performed excellent say 9 months out of 12, and can't get to the billable assignments for 3 months would have hard time seeing these perks. It's all subjective, and getting to another assignment would be like totally on the mercy of these so called AEs and Corp employees.

Very minimal chances of growth if you are in a consultant bucket, Over all like I said, good company depends which bucket you fall into.
Pros
Better than some other consulting companies
Cons
Very unit centric, One unit maybe letting good resources go, while other be hiring resource from outside, they will comm with each other due to their own PL, ultimately employees suffers.
Sogeti Lies
Senior UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I was lured to Sogeti with a lot of promises: More money, bigger bonuses, better benefits and interesting work.

They had an urgent need that I could fill, so they told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear. I walked into a contentious situation at HCTRA, one of their biggest clients in Houston. I solved some problems and turned the project around. I was lauded as a Rockstar.

Flash forward three months. I wireframed a new mobile app from top to bottom and when it came time to design the look and feel, the key decision maker for HCTRA is suddenly unhappy with my work and has me removed from the project.

In retrospect, I didn't do anything wrong. The client was fairly apathetic and uninvolved with the process of designing the app. But the clincher is that Sogeti did not even investigate the situation. They just let me go. They couldn't fire me because they knew they had no cause. They were getting rid of me to make the client happy.

In the short time I worked there, I learned that the bonus and promotion programs were incredibly subjective and controlled by one VP. The same one that hired me and let me go. Basically, Sogeti lies. They lie about their benefits. They lie about compensation. All they care about is making money.

If you are interested in consulting again, I would recommend Sapient Global Markets or Sapient Razorfish. Not Sogeti.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Horrible upper mangement
Great environment, fun co-workers, and exciting projects
General Electric Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Day to day is normal office setting, unless your project requires you to work onsite. Sogeti is willing to train you and build your portfolio, so be sure to attend the many trainings the company has to offer. If you feel over-worked by the client, be sure to let management know.
Pros
Free Soda and Coffee!
Cons
Only 7 paid holidays
No work life balance
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2016
The benefits are great but they come at too high a cost. The only way to advance is to give up any semblance of a work and home life balance. There is a tech night or social event every week and if you want to advance then be prepared to spend an entire year basically hobnobbing and showing up for any and all events. They want you to do this while also acquiring certifications and doing community service. Worst of all they don't take your home location into consideration when placing you with clients. Be prepared for up to an hour or more of a commute for who knows how long.
Pros
Pay for mileage, and cell phone bill
Cons
Long commutes to clients, advancement not based on work performance but willingness to sacrifice home life
A Great place to work
Software Developer/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 4, 2016
USA Sogeti is great place to work as a self starter. Sogeti has great benefit, top notch 401k program, work life balance, online training courses, career advancement, and culture diversity.
Pros
great benefit, work life balance, culture diversity
Cons
Not competitive pay, job security, management
Could be better
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2016
Company promotes itself as a technology consultation yet many of their clients are used for business analyst positions.

I was hired as a developer yet was placed at client as a analyst doing data entry for nearly a year. When I was renewed by the client I received more responsibility and even though I wanted to do actual software development I stayed at the client because Sogeti was financially hurting. After a failed re-negotiating of my contract with the client I returned to Sogeti to wait for another project but after a month they decided to terminate my employment there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor/Lack communication
We don't care what you sacrifice, just make us money
IT Consultant & Tier 2 Exchange Admin (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2016
Learn whatever you can to make them money, and if you can't they put you on a project and abandon you there. I would have a hard time selling this place to a friend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sogeti USA LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6