Soho House Employee Reviews in United States

Great Atmosphere and People
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Wonderful opportunity to take ownership of your career. Innovators in the industry and extremely supportive. Like family.
Fun and Enjoyable
Expo/Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2016
A day at work is about the same at home really, a lot of laughter have fun, keep the co-workers happy and the guess. the hardest part would be on a busy day where everyone one is moving fast and you have to start working really hard to keep up.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Can get annoyed do to lack of work from other co- workers
Challenging
Task Force Server (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMarch 13, 2015
This place is like no company I have ever worked for. Everything felt backwards, you're trained how to delicately say no to the guests requests, the management obsess over simple mistakes and don't hesitate to bring them up again and again (despite how long it has been since that incident happened.) That said, the environment is incredible, the members are outstanding, the benefits are unheard of and you're treated with a lot of respect.
Great company to learn and grow
server / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 14, 2015
Overall I can say that my experience at Soho House was a very positive one. Started as a server then worked my way up in less than a year. Good benefits and they teach you all the skills needed along the way.
Very busy and a full booked spa on weekends and weekday nights.
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Great company as whole a true inspiration when it comes to building from the ground up with a business. Wish management was a reflection.
Pros
Free lunches, employee activities
Cons
high turn over rate
Pretty mediocre place to work
Concierge and Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2012
I have been there for three years and it is a pretty awful place to work. Managers only care about the club aspect and the workers work way too hard for the little amount of money they earn. Having any sort of personal life is impossible and the clientel for the most part are horrible, self-intitled, cheap jerks.
Pros
free lunches, dinners. insurance and 401k
Cons
awful management, no one pays attention to hotel side of the buisness, they don't pay their employess very well.
great site
Restaurant and Club manager (Former Employee) –  new york, NYJuly 27, 2015
-Running a service based team with positive energy
-so much about food and wine
-ran the floor with a pre shift meting too teach
-some ways to deal with, some not so much.
-hardest part is dealing with negative people
-the best part was the ability to meet some of the most talented, growing, beautiful people around.

As a side note with the support of my staff I was able to set records in sales for the most restaurants.

I love celebrating life. And that to me is hospitality!
Pros
free food
Cons
angry guests
Amazing Staff and Productive Workplace
Stewart/Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2014
Soho House has been one of the best jobs that i have had. With amazing promotional opportunities, they always encouraged me to set goals and meet them. Staff that is understandable and easy to work with. I learned how to be more than an effective stock boy, i also learned how to maintain and run a bar. I also learned what it takes to run a staff, always be on your best when approaching guests as well how to run private events. The hardest part of the job was helping rude guests but was manageable. The most i enjoyed about that job was learning so much and being able to be effective at the bar and helping with managers.
Fun place to meet celebrities
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 19, 2012
excellent benefits, it is a fun place where a lot of celebrities visit and it's a good work environment if you like what you do.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
long hours of work if you work in the private restaurant
Soho House
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  29-35 9th Ave, New York, NY 10014August 27, 2014
A typical day at works start at 8:30am for the one of the daily managers meeting to discuss day operations . Tour the property greeting all the employees. Brief individual meetings with department heads to review the days needs. Conference calls with corporate office in London. Then on to the to-do-list for the day. Assist various meetings and oversee lunch operations. Afternoon filled with financial analysis and proceed to the second daily manager's meeting to discuss night operations follow by dinner operations.

I learned that problems solving is best accomplished as a team. Soho House reinforces greatly the strong team spirit and I truly do believe this is the only way to go. I have learnt so much about the global functioning of hotel operations. I am still learning many aspects of the profession which will lead me to be an even better operator.

I have a great relationship with my coworkers. I treat all as equals and work well with all of them

The hardest part of the job is the frustration that sometimes occur when things do not go directly as you had wished for

I enjoy my team her at Soho House. Employees are the core to any company and this is one of the strongest.