SOL Mexican Cocina Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Exciting, challenging, and fun position within a supportive organization
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work involves prospecting business to business (in person as well as Linked In, phone calls, and emails), consulting with clients on details of upcoming events, working with staff and kitchen to coordinate events, and overseeing events.
I learned a lot about the restaurant industry and how to be very detail oriented to please the both the front and back of house operations, as well as the client.
The management team is very supportive, and allowed me to be creative with prospecting and marketing.
The workplace culture is very fast paced and challenging. The set budgets and quotas were attainable, but took a lot of effort.
The hardest part of the job is coming up with new and creative ideas to bring in new business.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients, maintaining relationships with clients and referral sources, and growing the sales.
Pros
Delicious free food daily, as well as a house account to bring friends and family in.
Cons
Working many weekends and nights with no days off.
Great Costal-Mexican Vibes! Cali-Mexi Coast Theme
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Its pretty much cleaning up after everyone and working as best as you can to keep things flowing smoothly! They had the best Playlist's for music out of any job i've ever worked at by far, really chill music! I learned that anyone can pick up plates, most people can serve those plates,and few people watch those people serve those plates, and even fewer people pay those people to watch and guide the people serving for the guys who are cleaning it all up. so moral of the story is if you don't have guys following you, they have no one leading them. When i worked there we had changed GM'S 2 times. I worked there for 7 Months. There is no hard part to this job. other than not getting distracted by all the breathtakingly beautiful women that walk in... ;) its a great little highschool gig!
Pros
discounted food, really good food, experience.
Cons
lack of leadership/ Managment
Family
Barback, Expo (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZMay 5, 2015
Wonderful place to work, from my first day I felt a family style embrace from my co-workers and management. Team motivated every one wanted to get better and make each other better
Pros
Experience
Cons
No Health care