Sol Systems is seeking a full-time, software engineer to help lead development of our internal business applications. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working at all levels of the development stack, from server configuration to user interface development. This role will require significant interaction with non-technical business users; therefore, the ideal candidate would be comfortable working with non-technical business users to gather and refine requirements and ensure user acceptance.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to identify and address issues
- Ability to learn quickly
- Focused on delivering quality software in a timely manner
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users
- Professional experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails and PHP
- Professional experience architecting normalized, indexed SQL databases
The responsibilities assigned to the selected candidate will include the following:
- Working with CTO to develop and implement long-term technical strategy
- Working with non-technical business users to refine our internal, Ruby-based renewable energy investment tools
- Working with non-technical users to refine our PHP-based SREC management platform
- Working with non-technical users to refine our internal, PHP-based SREC trading tools
- Working with non-technical business users to identify and address new software development opportunities
- Working with the CTO to mentor less experienced members of the development team
- When necessary, working with the CTO to engage and manage external development resources
Location & Hours:
Sol Systems is located in Washington, DC, in the Dupont Circle area. Candidates will be expected to work onsite 5 days per week, 9:30am – 6:30pm.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Additional benefits include:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Quarterly company adventures (Ropes courses, river tubing, volunteer opportunities, and other exciting activities)
- Other fun activities (e.g., sports teams, field trips, company creative days)
Please submit via email a resume, code sample (or link to code repository), and list of references to jobs_at_solsystemscompany.com. Applicants that submit all items in this list will be given preference to applicants that are missing items.
Sol Systems is a boutique financial services firm that offers investor clients direct access to the renewable energy asset class and provides developers with sophisticated project financing solutions. Founded in 2008, Sol Systems focuses on meeting the most critical needs of the industry, including SREC monetization, capital placement, tax equity, and New Market Tax Credits. To date, the company has arranged financing for thousands of projects and facilitated hundreds of millions in investment on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, private equity, family offices and individuals.