SOLAR CITY

SOLAR CITY Employer Reviews

Good positive work enviorment
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at work would start off at our yard where i would get the plans for our job that day. With this company I earn many certifications. I enjoyed being able to have a say in things that we did as company.
loved it
Net marketing (Former Employee), granite bayAugust 8, 2014
Solar city is the best place to work the people are nice they pay great and there the best.
Great place to work, good people vibes.
Junior Installer/ Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 16, 2014
start 7am-530pm Monday -Thursday. upon arriving at customers met greet go over everything.
For it being just the Electrician and I.
I would hang inverter, disconnect, then run/bend 9 (normally) 3/4" pipe. up wall, do the penetration through roof, run pipe to combiner box and pull AC/DC wire and wire DC side. Do have experience wiring AC side of inverters. – more... mostly the entire DC run from ground rod to wiring in to combiner. I am very comfortable on roofs/ fall protection. OSHA 10hr, CPR/AED.
Most enjoyable part of job was learning/doing something new everyday and having great co workers. – less
Fun and challenging job!
Direct Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great company and benifits
Cons: long commute
This job definitely pushed me to be a better person all the way around and really pushed me to see my inner-potential. I loved interacting with new faces everyday and being out and about in the open air. It did require allot of time and dedication, but it paid off and taught me so much about myself!
Company has no age diversity in the work environment
Regional PV Designer (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJune 19, 2014
My experience was not so good. The upper level management lack social skills beyond their own age group. Only one style of learning and communication is acceptable, Solarcity style.
I think they are Google wanna be's
I learned the hard way to never contribute creatively. The work processes were very ridged.
Wonderful job!
Installer/Auditor (Former Employee), Dewey, AZMay 16, 2014
I loved going to work everyday. The people I worked with were great too. The only thing I didn't like was after 3 months I was still with the temp agency and needed more stability.
Desktop Support
Senior System Admin/Desktop Support (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: lots to learn and do
A typical day of work I support lots of users with their day to day issues in Windows environment which are not limited to Windows. I do Customer Support, Break fix, Printers Handhelds Ticketing, Asset Tracking and more
Best solar Co. in USA
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee), Ca.April 1, 2014
Pros: good equipment to work with.
Cons: all jobs for me have been short time. not full time.
One of the best co. I have ever worked for. Material are always on time or early.never late. this is how a good co. operate.
fast pace
field energy consultant (Former Employee), BakersfieldMarch 31, 2014
Pros: set your own hours
Cons: contantly working
fast pace sales, work from home, I enjoyed it. Management was serious about making goal. Cut and dry type of company, if you are one sale short, you are the enemy
fast pase , great place to work
Jr. Installer (Former Employee), morgan hill ca,March 22, 2014
I loved it their , working with the guys is the best part , the heat is the hardest part of the job .management was ok
Rough Go...
Home Energy Efficiency and Solar Sales (Former Employee), Bend, ORMarch 8, 2014
Pros: tons of growth
Cons: see below
This company is run like ten-year olds run a lemonade stand. I started out in one division which was discontinued a year later with no notice. I was encouraged to relocate to another city within a different division. I did. After consistent and substantial growth there, they pulled out of the city four months later because it didn't fit their corporate – more... vision.I was asked to move back, which I declined. The corporate culture shifted radically when they went public. Like MLMs? Love GlenGarry GlenRoss? You'll love working for SolarCity. – less
Nasty Manager with employees kissing up to him.
Junior PV Installer (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: incentives such as extra money, work saturdays, clothes, benefits.
Cons: nasty boss, nasty employees, too much crew leads
The Manager and employees treated me poorly just to keep their jobs. If I had continued, I would have to kiss up to the boss. This occurred because I was having trouble going on a 40 degree pitched roof and too much tasks for too little pay. The employees were telling the boss behind my back about my performance. Why? To get them the benefit of blaming – more... others. – less
Friendly staff, fun to work for.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 18, 2014
A day on the job here would consist of picking orders for next day jobs in a timely and accurate manner. Keeping product and facility clean. Work vans come back from the job site and would be full of product that would need to be put back in proper locations.
Productive work
PV Designer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at solar city. The managers and all other staff are good hearted and do their best to help everyone succeed.
Nice people, Room for advancement poor wages long hours.
CREW LEAD (Current Employee), Beltsville mdJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: advancement, good people
Cons: very low wages, high demands, weekend work hours
Lots of overtime,hard work, plenty of advancement opportunity glorified roofer.
too hard on body
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 21, 2014
I didnt like this place at all. All the managers worried about was money and treated us installers like we are robots. My body was physically exhausted and they didnt care. its all about numbers and speed to them and not about the employees.
Great people to work with but hard to move up
Incentives Associate (Former Employee), San MAteo, CADecember 4, 2013
pros
-very approachable managers (some of them)
-great work environment (younger generation)
-all teams are friendly with one another
-salary is competitive based on position

cons
-managers show clearly favoritism towards employees
-qualified people often dont get the position they should
-employees burdened with "busy work" unnecessarily
-unrealistic – more... expectations at times – less
Great company in a great industry
Photovoltaic and Energy Efficiency Auditor (Former Employee), denver, coNovember 1, 2013
Although the job security here may be a little shaky, I very much enjoyed working out of the Denver office. Everyone is a family there and my boss was very easy to interact with and he truly cares about you and helping you do your job the best you can. Great health benefits.
Electrician/ Roofer Work
Solar Energy Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2013
Pros: decent money
Cons: incredibly varying schedule
• Install Solar Panels
• Crawl through attics and sub-attics upgrading rafters.
• Run electrical through attics, on roofs, and up the sides of houses.
• Use multiple tools and work with my hands throughout the day.
• Lift and install Solar Modules onto roofs.
• Climb ladders and attach equipment all over the roof.
work life balance
Human Recourses Assistant (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: free coffee, snacks, tea, the cafe
Cons: work load, management
SolarCity is a good place work, they are a hard working bunch of people! I have learned a lot there. I manage all of the background checks that come in to solar city for anyone who is applying to us, we run driving, drug and criminal searches on all Candidates.

the hardest part of my job, is the work load. I am the only person in our company of over – more... 5000 employees who manages the background process.

the most enjoyable part is working with great people. most people are very eager to help. we are teammates. my Coworkers are great people and hard workers. – less