Solar Design Associates offers motivated Electrical Engineers the opportunity to join a fast-paced, creative design team in the burgeoning field of renewable energy.
Depending upon skill level, your responsibilities at SDA may include:
- design/engineering of solar electric and wind energy systems
- engineering calculations
- production of detailed construction documents
- field assessments
- feasibility reports
- installation oversight and system commissioning
- project management and project coordination
- other engineering and administrative duties as required.
In addition, you may interface with clients, architects, utility representatives and code officials, as well as hardware suppliers and installation contractors.
Project involvement will include managing and producing the design of building integrated and non-integrated photovoltaic systems for residential, commercial, institutional and retail projects. Some travel may be required within and outside the U.S.
- You’ve earned an Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, and have coursework or professional experience in design of building power or renewable energy systems.
- You have strong project management skills and experience.
- You have a high level of computer skills and CAD capabilities as well as accomplished communication skills – written and verbal.
- You thrive on making a contribution and assuming responsibility, while learning and employing new skills.
Direct experience with renewable energy systems and knowledge of the National Electrical Code are a strong plus.
Professional registration or Engineer in Training, and Project Management credentials are not required, but highly desirable. US citizenship and a valid passport (or eligibility to obtain one) are required.
The successful applicant will be personable and proactive, and have demonstrated experience performing similar responsibilities in similar office environments.
Please put "EE position: attention Luke" in responding email subject line.
Solar Design Associates, LLC offers engineering and design services that integrate renewable energy systems into buildings and utility infrastructure in New England, nationwide, and around the world.