About the Job/ Company:
Interested in being part of a global energy revolution that saves customers money while improving our environment?
Solar Liberty, a Buffalo, NY based company that is one of the largest and fastest growing solar companies in the United States, and the largest in New York State, is looking to fill Outside Solar Sales Consultant positions for residential sales.
Outside Solar Sales Consultants in our residential markets strive to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with homeowners. Our team takes a consultative approach to educating customers on the growing renewable energy industry and how using solar energy can reduce or eliminate their electric bill while improving our environment.
Our consultants spend significant time traveling to residential sites for evaluation and presentations to the customer. Consultants serve as the key customer contact addressing client questions and concerns, providing technical information about solar power resources, then assists our team in processing requests and orders.
Consultants work with our inside sales and marketing team by actively assisting in identifying leads and other lead generating opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close highly qualified sales leads
- Meet or exceed revenue and margin goals
- Prepare proposals, quotes, contracts, or presentations for potential solar customers
- Select solar energy products, systems, or services for customers based on electrical energy requirements, site conditions, price, or other factors
- Provide customers with information such as quotes, warranties, credit and funding options, incentives, or tax rebates
- Provide technical information about photovoltaics, solar electric equipment, and services to potential customers or home builders
- Gather information from prospective customers to confirm their solar energy needs
- Assess sites to determine suitability for solar equipment, using equipment such as tape measures, compasses, and shading analysis tools, etc.
- Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a particular site considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation
- Review detailed design drawings and specifications related to solar installations
- Close new sales orders
- Log all information into ERP/CRM software
- Represent the organization at trade shows
- Assist in generating solar energy customer leads
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as becomes evident
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years sales experience
- A proven successful track record of in-home sales experience preferred for residential consultants
- Demonstrated ability to close sales using a consultative approach
- Must have good mathematical and analytical skills with an ability to converse technically
- Experience in the solar industry preferred, but not required
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Valid NYS Driver’s License