Solar Universe is a rapidly growing, locally owned & operated nationwide solar company, with a mission to be the very best at what we do. We are headquartered in Livermore, California with over 30 franchise locations across the United States. We make going solar an easy, affordable and fun experience.
Want to begin your career in the Clean Energy Field? This is your chance to work with one of the nation’s premier solar installation companies and start in a field that is poised to grow quickly.
Solar Universe is actively expanding our team. If you are passionate about renewable energy and have a strong work ethic love to hear from you!
We are looking to add a drafter/designer who will be preparing permit packages for PV installations.
- Responsible for preparing all packages related to commercial and residential solar PV systems.
- Originate CAD drawings and documentation including site plan, roof plan, section, elevation, attachment and mounting system details.
- Carry out all related corrections and resubmissions.
- Responsible for layout generation for residential and commercial PV proposals.
- High School graduate
- AutoCAD proficiency certificate or 3 years construction AutoCAD drafting experience
- Minimum 1 year construction CAD design/drafting experience
- Solar design experience preferred
- NABCEP Certification preferred
- Competitive Salary plus Benefits
- Fast growing company with room for expansion and growth in the company
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to dbergman AT solaruniverse.com All documents submitted must be MS Word attachments and the file names must follow the following format with a subject line of “[Last name, First name]: “135004 PV Systems Designer, resume”. Resumes without salary history will not be considered. Please include where you heard about the job in your cover letter. No calls please.
Solar Universe is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff.