Solar Universe

Solar Universe United States Employee Reviews

Great opportunities for growth
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Brentwood, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Building your relationships and educating people on the product makes this job the best.
A personal learning Experience
Commissioned Sales (Current Employee), Brentwood, CaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: some of the crew were great to work with.
Cons: working on roofs and in tight attics. sales not my cup of tea.
A typical day require meeting with an install team and installing a roof mounted solar panel system.
The A team was a pleasure to work with.
The B team not so much.
Upper management was great.
Working in Attics and on Roofs got to be much more difficult and made the job less desirable.
I request a transfer to sales and got it.
Found out that I am a terrible sales person.
positve fast pace friendly
Administrator assistant (Former Employee), mesa azJuly 2, 2014
Cashier all day. I learned a lot about people and food they buy. the management was profession and proficient,
A great company to work for!
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Livermore, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: $$$$$
Calls, Calls and more Calls, was my typical day at work. I learned how to close over the phone without meeting face to face with techniques and training provided. I was able to get along great with my co-workers, just can't take everything personal and focus on the goals. The hardest part of my job was not closing a deal that I had been working months on, it comes with the territory though. The best part of my job was building relationships with people.
Solar Universe Review
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Manteca, CAJuly 22, 2013
Solar Universe is a great company to work for. The team is more like a family that works together to solve problems. I have learned a lot about running an office and team management. The management is goal oriented and is working to produce a high number of solar installations this year.

The team consists of 2 sales men, a design tech, Lead generator, office staff, the operations manager and installation staff. While the staff is pretty small, it is efficient and does a great job all in all.

The hardest thing about the job is the chaos of installations. It is a fast paced environment that changes every day.

I enjoy the clients and their excitement after an install.
Great up and coming solar integrator, definitely a fun place to work!
Solar Advisor, II (Former Employee), Fairfield, CANovember 19, 2012
Pros: intrastate, franchises, strong supply chain
Cons: relatively young company (not necessarily a con, just a quality)
Through Solar Universe's accelerated and highly-detailed training curriculum, I was able to meet the responsibilities and challenges of a PV Technical Sales consultant head-on.

My only recommendation is Solar Universe consider sponsoring NABCEP certification training of their senior staff, a definite must in this industry!
Issues with out of state owners
Director of Sales and Business Development (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2012
Pros: solar industry
Cons: the owners
I would not recommend working here long term, unscrupulous owners: unethical and immoral.
SOLAR UNIVERSE
GOVERNMENT CONTRACT LEAD/ INSTALLER (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 12, 2012
Pros: innovative solar company
Cons: pay poor
EXCELLENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
VERY PEOPLE FRIENDLY
FLEXIBLE TO ALL HELLSBELLS
Solar universe
Sales manager (Former Employee), sparks nevadaMarch 14, 2012
I worked for Solar Universe Reno/Sparks for just close to a year and a half.

About Solar Universe

(510) 290-7221 Solar Universe : Solar Energy Installation - we offer solar design, install, financing and leasing for both residential – Read more