SolarCity

SolarCity United States Employee Reviews

na
field energy specialist (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Good company to work for. Has room to grow. Can make a pretty good commissions check if work hard at it. Job is harder than what a person mite think.
GREAT company terrible people and management
FES (Former Employee), Bay AreaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Terrible people or management
Former employee couple of people ruined it for me!
Two BAD managers! Good company too bad! Just two manager ruined it for me!
Colorado Market Imploding
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), DenverApril 30, 2015
Pros: great friends, good pay
Cons: terrible management, culture of fear, everyone is unhappy
I really enjoyed a lot of my time with the company. I made great friends and was compensated well. However, do not come to work in the Colorado market! It is shrinking. SolarCity mismanaged this situation. They aggressively ramped up their workforce while they knew utility rebates (which were keeping them in business here) were dwindling. Instead of being open and honest with staff about this problem they created a culture of fear by continual firing people, even if they were not on job performance standards. I don't know if all SolarCity territories are this bad, but don't come to work in Colorado.
Could be better
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: not paid enough for the work you do in the warehouse
The job is easy, but under paid. They're stating to down size in my area and you don't know if you're gonna have a job or not.
The Solar City Experience
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2015
Pros: great work environment, flexible work dress code, nice co-workers
Cons: underpay of workers
As a worker at Solar City, it is a great company, however, the pay is very low. Also, it is very competitive to move up in the company, but most of the time, they really do hire from within.
Good place to work if your just starting out
SOLAR CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 20, 2015
Company growing faster than they can keep up with as far as competent management experience and knowing how to groom for future growth.
A Day In The Life of a Document Generation Specialist
Document Generation Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Occasional Lunches, Company Policies were outstanding
Cons: Over-priced benefits, did not pay enough
We would have work from our queue assigned to us. We had a quota of processing 18 jobs per day however, I set a personal goal of processing 25-30 jobs/day. When I started this position, we had direct customer contact to inform them of the documents we had just sent to them (usually via email) and discussed any changes to their system, production or contract and also if any additional pre-install work was needed or required.
all about money
warehouse stock clerk (Current Employee), Chico, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free hats
Cons: low pay, no incentives terrible management
Dont do it, poor management no incentives for warehouse workers.
soon as the numbers fell down we got threatened to lose our jobs, and fired one guy, low pay overall they talk about advancement but its simply a lie DONT DO IT!!!!!
great reason to go to work every day
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAApril 16, 2015
Going to work every day knowing that your time is helping clean our air is a great thing, learning about renewable energy and how to become more sustainable was a great learning experience, however the training is not good at all, you have no days off, and at one point you are working for your promoters and not the other way around, the commissions you are promise are based on installations and you have no control of that, so be prepare to make 2k per month for the first six months before you see any money. I have also come to the conclusion that this company is expecting you to sell to all your friends and family first and if you are lucky you'll get some leads from Home Depot but don't count on it, at least not the good ones.
Just OK,
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAApril 7, 2015
Extreme growth created an environment of constant change which seemed like borderline chaos a lot of the time. The image of saving the world with Solar power wore thin after a while when ultimately it is all about making money, like any other large corporation.
Good and bad at the same time.
Account management (Current Employee), Albany, New YorkApril 3, 2015
Pros: More you work the more money you make.
Cons: No Free time. All work no play.
Solar City is a company that changes constantly. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing they change because they are constantly growing. The bad is once you get somewhat used how things are going they do a 180 and go the other way. good earning potential but NO LOYALTY to those who have been there.
good company, but did not come through as expected
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee), San Bernardino CountyApril 2, 2015
Pros: good technology
Cons: Did not come through with sales leads
I was told when I was hired that sales leads would be supplied for me. I ended up having to work at Home Depots to generate my leads. Also, I was not able to work there more that 2 or 3 hours at a stretch.
Fun place to work
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Mileage and business phone reimbursement.
Cons: none
A typical day is setting personal goals to attain leads for business. Interacting with clients by attending site visits and recommending the best option for their financial and environmental goals. What I have learned about working in the Solar Industry is that by going solar, we save thousands of gallons of water a year which produces dirty energy. I enjoy working with the management team and have a good working relationship with my current manager. I also work very well with my co-workers and will socialize with them outside business hours.The hardest part of the job is when a customer decides not to go Solar, however, it is rewarding when I convince them using objection handling techniques to seek the root cause of their concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping families and their friends go solar while helping them save on high energy costs and improving environmental conditions.
Not the worst company in the world.
solar energy specialist (Current Employee), Las vegasMarch 22, 2015
Pros: i do love how there is always food and drinks available in the café, i will say the company has pretty solid benefits
Cons: management, pay, no opportunity advancement.
During my experience at SolarCity I have found that the work environment is a bit loud and relaxed, slightly unprofessional. The opportunity for promised growth is very limited and its comp plans are forever changing in a negative direction. Management is not up o par with he company standards and Its has no real structure. A very disorganized company.

I do love how there is always food and drinks available in the café and I will say the company has pretty solid benefits.
summary
Inside sales Specialist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 20, 2015
I come in to the office and have a meeting with my team to get us ready to start our day. I take any where for 2-8 calls a day making about 30 out bound dials.
Outdoor freedom and meeting new people
Crew Lead Installer (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free T-shirts
Cons: No time for lunch
Great company to work for if you love the outdoors. Fast paced and go with your gut company. Hardest part of the job would be managing your work so it does not over power social life.
N/A
Crew Lead (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2015
Growing company, good pay, good benefits, Great Management, locations throughout valley, Hard Workers, lots of work, lots of potential to promote within.
Great place to work and grow
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
SolarCity is working to bring clean energy to the mainstream. It was extremely rewarding and fun to work there and provided the growth opportunity that I needed when starting my career
Great company, schedule not for me
Field Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, great teammates/management, great company
Cons: not a set schedule, ups and down of sales, customers no showing you and wasting your time
Our goal was to educate the customer on the benefits of solar energy. We were responsible for setting leads or getting leads from field energy specialist (FES) and then we would go to the customers house to give them a free consultation. Love the company and believe in the overall goal/vision that the company has. I believe solar is the best option and I believe it's only a matter of time before the majority of the population goes solar. My problem with the job was the ups and downs of sales, as well as not having a set schedule and feeling like your day never ends. Also tough with customers no showing you or setting appointments when they weren't qualified. The most enjoyable part was helping people save money and making the world a better place
Not the place for me...
Incentives Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2015
Pros: kitchen was stocked, met cool people, cool work environment, dress code is relaxed
Cons: management, compensation
For my own personal reasons, I quit working at SolarCity. I definitely didn't feel as though I was treated fairly, and that there was a lot of false hope.

1 2 3 4 5

About SolarCity

SolarCity Delivers Better Energy SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to – Read more

SolarCity Salaries