SolarWorld Employee Reviews

Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 15, 2016
I loved my job but disappointed in management. Job itself is great, management could show a little more appreciation for its hard working employees.
Pros
Benifits, OT, PTO
Cons
High turnover rate.
One of -those- corporations
Module Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 20, 2015
If you are not upper mgmt, expect to pull 13 hour night shifts lined perfectly up with both rush hours for at least a few years before you catch any break. Then, don't expect a big break. About half the supervisors are a pleasure to work with, treat you like a human, listen, and do everything within their power to help you. The other half are at least respectful and attentive to your basic needs. My peers were very cohesive and made the job tolerable while I was there. I was not at all happy about the DECREASED pay rate after being hired on permanent. The supervisor assures you that you are being paid the same rate, but dodges the fact that you lose your $1 per hour shift differential after signing on. That was a big kick in the pants, and that sort of dodgy business conduct is why big corporations are earning a nasty reputation, in my honest opinion.
Pros
Employee appreciation food offered very frequently
Cons
Insulting pay, low promotion potential, zero flexibility.
Stay away.
Material Handler III (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OrApril 17, 2014
Stay away from anything having to do with Logistics/Transportation and the Department Head. The people in the department are nice. The management is terrible though. The Head of Department is a real piece of work. It's sad really.

I am a Material Handler III, I should be a level IV but was robbed of that, after it was promised to us if we all completed certain cross training requirements. As usual, the employee's pull their weight, and, the "Management" fails. Again.
Pros
Vacation.
Cons
Everything but vacaction.
Great benefits and work life balance
Sales Group (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 11, 2013
I enjoy working for this company however the industry is unstable therefore job security is low.
Accomplishments, and everyday brought something new.
Forklift Operator warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 5, 2013
Getting a pass down from previous shift, great communication between others was needed. Check computer system constantly (every 10-15 min) for parts needed to be pulled, delivered, and transact out of inventory for broken machines and preventative maint. Offload and confirm counts of received items, then receive the product into inventory using the computer. Pulling, staging, and transacting product for the next days shipments.

Learned to operate a reach truck, accurately and efficiently while keeping safety in mind at all times. Great inventory management skills.

All employees and management were always assisting others to make a great team effort to complete every job that was being accomplished. Management listened to safety and operational concerns brought up in weekly and monthly meetings.

Hardest part about the job was to always double check items and inventory, while having to rush, to deliver parts and pulling orders.

The most enjoyable parts, i would have to say is that it was always a learning process, "never a dull moment". the satisfaction of knowing everyday after clocking off, that the job was done correct and efficiently.
Pros
vacation time, 3 days off, 12 hour shifts
Cons
unstable working environment.
Co-worker rapport established immediately. Management open to new ideas. Casual atmoshpere.
Business Process Analyst, Power Projects (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Administrative support to 5 department heads and their teams. Enjoyed interacting with production, purchasing, quality, shipping/receiving and facilities. Management supportive when implementing new processes/programs.
Pros
everyone was friendly and helpful.
Factory floor right across the office
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 13, 2012
You can really get a sense of how the product lines are doing right across the office! Sometimes you can develop a tracking system, and go into the factory floor to verify the accuracy.
Pros
nice people
Cons
database behind is so mess-up
Overall ok place to work, but not challenging.
Operator Tech (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 7, 2012
OK place to work. Pay is on the low end. Shutdowns for 1 week or more in December appears to be the norm (you have to use vacation or go on unemployment).
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay/not challenging
The job is good and the people are nice.
Operations technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 21, 2012
I have worked at Solarworld for a little over a year and overall I liked my job. The people are nice and the work isn't too demanding.
A typical day at work would include checking on how much time is left until a wire saw is finished cutting through an ingot. Once it is finished I have to unload it clean it and send t to the next area.
Pros
the pay is good and the people are nice. the job duties aren't too demanding.
Cons
the temp agency have all workers an ultimatum to move areas or be fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SolarWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9