SOLCOMM Employee Reviews

Great Environment for Growth
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Holt, MIApril 20, 2016
I have been working at Solcomm for over 6 years now. The great thing about this job is how you can continue to develop professionally beyond the world of sales in management and leadership. There is always room to get better and when you make the steps to improve you see the payoff financially and professionally.
Pros
Great Growth Opportunity
Cons
Self Motivation is Key in this Job.
Awesome Company, Awesome Team!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 20, 2016
I've been working for SOLCOMM for 3 years and I love working for them. They provide tons of advancement opportunities for those who are ready for it. It takes work and dedication to work here, but the benefits are great! I love the team I work with and the environment is up-building, challenging and rewarding. I haven't found a job that I would rather do!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Cool CEO, Leadership Training, Teamwork, Competitive Pay
Cons
none!
Recruiter
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 20, 2015
Typically a day in the life consists of multiple phone calls to candidates and scheduling interviews. In addition to scheduling interviews new hire paperwork is processed, weekly sales numbers are reported and any administrative tasks required are completed.
good starter job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 14, 2015
Learned to communicate with others as well as training methods to produce the best results.Hiring and training of new recruits was a good skill to have.
I'm glad I recognized this amazing opportunity.
Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, ConnecticutDecember 10, 2014
I have grown a lot as a person since I started working for SOLCOMM. I came in, and took the opportunity by the horns and now I am working my way up to managing my own office in Connecticut. I've been here about 8 months and the training I have received has been great. Now I am training others using the systems we have in place and working my way up. The steps are laid out in black and white for promoting up. This job isn’t for everyone and the people usually find out in the first month. The best part of this job is the unlimited growth potential.
Great opportunity regardless of experience level
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MichiganNovember 10, 2014
I had never done sales before working for SOLCOMM, and I was a little scared going into it. I have been here for about three months and so far it has been great! The training was awesome. They played everything out for you and were very supportive. I received the rookie of the month award in September and led the company in sales, which indicates anyone with a good work ethic can do it. I really enjoy getting out and talking to people every day.
Potential with the right team
Private (Former Employee) –  PrivateOctober 29, 2014
SOLCOMM as an organization holds a lot of potential. They are expanding rapidly. What will continue to slow them down are the "leaders" or there lack of currently in place in the Rocky Hill office.
Pros
Strong corporate office ( in Michigan )
Cons
No leadership nor structure, no benefits, lack of professionalism
Waste of time
Sales (Former Employee) –  BayOctober 23, 2014
Aside from the possiblity to make large amounts of money, it still boils down to a DOOR TO DOOR position. Waste of time. Too many doors slammed in face on the first day.
Garbage
sales (Former Employee) –  lansing michiganOctober 21, 2014
Had an interview today at 10:45am at 11am it was over interviewer made fun of me before I even walked out the door sent me a denial notice 5 minutes later. It was for there at@t sales rep bull I cannot believe how they treat people Holt MI
Pros
no e
not worth the interview
interview (Former Employee) –  flintOctober 15, 2014
You will be using your own money and your own car and gas to work for them.There is no base pay and you only get paid on commission for your sales
Pros
Cons
you have to have money to spend to get paid
joke
sales (Former Employee) –  LansingSeptember 27, 2014
Absolute joke. Only have a star cause I have to. Far under trained to do sales and very misleading. Unpaid training and a waste of your own time and money. Please don't waste your time like I was misinformed to do.
absolute joke
personal account manager (Former Employee) –  rockyhillSeptember 25, 2014
I was let go via text!!! management thinks about its pockets than others.The quality of a company is judged by its management AT&T or Frontier is better off with out these *** clowns.You can get better deals on line internet sign up is easier and cheaper!!!!
Pros
you get to work
Cons
you get to work 7 days a week at your expence and the expence of your family
Solcomm has changed my life.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 8, 2014
I came in as a teacher who had recently been laid off. After two years with this company I would never go back to teaching. Nevermind the fact that I have doubled my income in two years, it is the limitless opportunity over here that really makes me proud to be part of this team. Fiber optic television is really the thing to be selling now, and Solcomm is the company to be selling it for. You control your own paycheck and your own advancement. How many jobs out there offer you this opportunity? The fastest growing company in the cable selling game, Solcomm is looking for leaders with fresh ideas for the company's continual growth. Instead of working for bosses who think of you as just a number, these bosses care about every employee. I know, in two years I'm already one of those bosses.

Those who have failed at Solcomm have simply done so for one of two reasons. A) They did not want to work, which with that work ethic would fail at any job or B) They do not have a basic ability in sales. I'm not good in science, I would not expect to be a great scientist. If you are hungry to work though, and have a talent in sales, this opportunity is something you should check out. Within a year you could find yourself proud to be managing your own team and bringing home a six-figure salary. How many other jobs on here can really carry through on that promise?
Pros
Opportunity, Excellent compensation, You decide your own paycheck
Cons
Winter isn't as fun, hoenstly.
Great Job, Real Opportunity
Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rocky HillJune 11, 2014
I've been employed with Solcomm for over 4 months and am excited with the opportunity and my future with the company. I have worked many different jobs in my life and have never truly felt appreciated or fully respected and supported in the way that I have with Solcomm. Yes this job requires a good work ethic but the earning potential and advancement opportunities are unlike anything you'll find working a minimum wage job. I have already earned two promotions since I started, and with hard work and dedication that is achievable by anyone. The culture of this job is continually exciting and encouraging and I feel supported everyday by management.
Pros
Easy work, set your own schedule, great money
Cons
Must have a good work ethic to succeed here
Great environment with endless opportunity!
Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 17, 2014
As a current employee, I find this company to be fulfilling in every aspect of my life. I've previously worked with a company like this for almost three years. I've found with Solcomm, I finally have time to be with my 10 month old daughter. I make a lot more money with a lot less hours. Some would say I'm over-qualified for this job with a bachelors in business management and 7+ years of management experience. I found that by leaving Corporate America, I'm around like-minded individuals with defined goals, in a fun, rewarding environment. Things that I never had in my other jobs. This is a career, with endless opportunity, that will take me anywhere I want to go in life.
Great Experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 1, 2014
I have worked for Solcomm for 7 months in that time I have learned more than all my years of schooling could have provided. Solcomm provides an atmosphere of growth and opportunity. As long as you are a motivated individual, with good work ethic, you will be rewarded with this company. This company gives you all the tools and resources to get promoted quickly. I've been on 2 company sponsored leadership conferences so far and they've both been a lot of fun and a good opportunity to learn from the top people in the company. Coming out of college I wanted a job where I felt I had a future. This is the only job I have had where I feel the effort I put in directly correlates with my pay check and opportunity.

With any sales position it is a major asset when you are selling the best product on the market. At&t U-verse is a cutting edge product that is light years above the competition. The great thing is that we are offering a product that most of my customers already have we are just offering a better and, more times than not, cheaper alternative.

The best part of the job is the satisfaction I get from helping out customers. I get to do a job I truly enjoy and get paid very well for doing it. After doing this job I could never go back to punching a clock. Every day is a new day and I get the chance to dictate my own paycheck.
Pros
Freedom, opportunity for quick advancement, Training
Cons
Healthcare isn't provided by the company, I use my monthly bonuses (last month was $1100) to cover that
An absolute joke
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 20, 2014
This job is as bad as it gets. Management are fools. U-verse already has a bad rep from a few years ago. Nobody wants to be bothered by a door to door sales rep. Lol "training" what a joke. They briefly cover everything for two days then you are on your own to fail. Dont make the same mistake i did. I went back to my old job that's how much this job BLOWS!
Pros
There are none. Unless you like working alone
Cons
There are no benefits. Heh
Summer Internship - Good work experience
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 16, 2013
I was a summer sales intern from June 2013 to August 2013 in between my sophomore and junior years. It was a great first job for me selling AT&T U-verse. I made about $750 a week and was able to pay for my semester in Italy with 8 weeks of work! If given the opportunity to do this again next summer, I think I would.
Pros
good support and mentoring
Cons
great 1st job experience
Do not waste your time!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CtOctober 26, 2013
If you see a positive review posted. I assure you it is management trying to lure you in. The most under qualified group of "leaders" I have ever seen.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits and No salary. All door to door sales
No Thanks
Door to Door (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIOctober 11, 2013
If you have ever gone door to door to sell and did not like it, then this is not for you. Minimal training on the product and pricing. Unpaid training as well and that is about 20 hrs or more of your time. Typical fast talker salesman. Only care about sales, because they make money on your performance. Was not happy with the deceptive sales techniques your told to use to get sales.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Training is unpaid, low employee retention rate, not very helpful on learning the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOLCOMM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8