Solid Interactive http://www.thinksolid.com is looking for a full time web developer in the Portland, Oregon office. The position is a senior-level developer who will be responsible for building,
documenting, and supporting software for Solid clients. A potential candidate would be well versed in HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL with an interest in advancing in other technologies like Microsoft.NET
and mobile development (Android and iOS).
We are a heavy-lifting, service-for-hire, technology company. Much of our work is providing technical solutions to help solve our clients' business challenges. Our experiences include: developing dynamic
websites, building connected applications for smart TVs, and creating engaging interactive apps for mobile devices. Over the past 5 years we have worked with a variety of clients in the entertainment,
action sports, hospitality and clothing industries.
What we offer you
- The ability to make a difference: Our clients range from small startups to large multi-billion software corporations. Your involvement on a day-to-day basis will help our clients succeed.
- Visibility: Our clients have major brand products in the marketplace. You could walk into a store and see what you have been working on for the last six months.
- Variety: New clients, new projects, new environments, new challenges, new tools for your toolbelt.
- Growth: With the variety of expertise in-house, you will have the opportunity to learn many new technologies. We strive to provide each of our developers with a path to becoming a senior-level programmer.
- The "what's next": We are working on business development constantly and moving our company forward. If our clients need something that is new and uncharted we say "game on."
- Work/life balance: Have friends? Family? We do too! Projects are scoped and proposed how they should be. Late hours and weekends are an exception not the norm.
What we want from you
- A fundamental and thorough understanding of OOP
- Experience refactoring and rewriting code
- Established principles for what makes for high quality code
- Familiar with UI/UX best practices
- Familiar with W3C standards
- Proficiency in Photoshop and ability to cut up PSDs
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for work breakdowns
- Being detail oriented
- Be prepared and open to learn something new
Skills that will make you shine:
- Have experience with cloud-based services like salesforce.com
- Familiarity with team-based development (source control, documentation, QA, Scrum)
- Server management experience (Linux, Windows)
- Advanced OOP - patterns, methodologies, strategies
- iOS and Android development experience
- College degree (CS or CIS preferred, but not required)
- Live in the Portland Area (not a telecommute position)
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement Matching
- Health Care Coverage
- Education Program
- Vacation Time
Indeed - 17 months ago