Solid Interactive http://www.thinksolid.com is looking for a full time developer in the Downtown Portland, Oregon office. The position will be responsible for building, documenting, and supporting software for Solid clients focusing on mobile and web development.
Solid Interactive is a technology company that specializes in dynamic, engaging and diverse web enterprises. Solid partners with startups and businesses to operate as their technology advocates. Our experiences include: developing dynamic websites, building connected applications for smart TVs, and creating engaging interactive apps for mobile devices.
- A solution-oriented technical team
- Technology agnostic team
- Integrated, partner approach
- Multi-platform interactive experience
- Accountable project management
- Relationship-based work ethic
- Goal oriented success metrics
- Web applications
- Stand-alone software
- Mobile applications
- Internet-enabled TV/CE software
- SAAS (Software as a Service)
- Business process design
- Digital strategy
What we offer you
The ability to make a difference: Our clients range from small startups to large multi-billion software corporations. Your involvement on a day-to-day basis will help our clients succeed.
Visibility: Our clients have major brand products in the marketplace. You could walk into a store and see what you have been working on for the last six months.
Variety: New clients, new projects, new environments, new challenges, new tools for your toolbelt.
Growth: With the variety of expertise in-house, you will have the opportunity to learn many new technologies. We strive to provide each of our developers with a path to becoming a senior-level programmer.
The “what’s next”: We are working on business development constantly and moving our company forward. If our clients need something that is new and uncharted we say “game on.”
Work/life balance: Have friends? Family? We do too! Projects are scoped and proposed how they should be. Late hours and weekends are an exception not the norm.
What are we looking for?
- A fundamental and thorough understanding of OOP
- Detail oriented and passionate about development
- Familiar with UI/UX best practices
- Skilled in Objective-C & iOS API’s and/or Java & Android API’s
- Established principles for what makes for high quality code
- Be prepared and open to learn something new
Skills that will make you shine:
- Understanding and experience with test driven development
- Participates in open source community / project contributor
- Familiar with newer technologies (MongoDB, NodeJS, Bootstrap, SASS, Backbone)
- Familiarity with team-based development (source control, documentation, QA, Scrum)
- Server management experience (Linux, Windows)
- Advanced OOP - patterns, methodologies, strategies
- Hands-on experience with mobile application software development for the iPhone and Android Platform
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience integrating mobile applications to Web Services
- 3-5+ Years of professional experience in popular backend technology (PHP, Ruby, Python, .NET)
- Solid working knowledge of REST, JSON, XML, Web Services and object-oriented techniques
- College degree or relevant work experience (CS or CIS preferred, but not required)
- Live in the Portland area (not a telecommute position)
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing
- Retirement Matching
- Health Care Coverage
- Education Program
- Vacation Time
Indeed - 8 months ago