SUMMARY: Supervise diverse material distribution duties to ensure timely and accurate receiving, shipping, inventory and material handling transactions both from an informational (data entry and communication) and a physical hands-on stand point. Responsible for the management & coordination of all distribution activities, operations, and staff to ensue conformance to established procedures. Supervise & assist with various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments. Responsible for implementing practices that improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the supply chain. The expectation is that company assets are protected properly managed and that customer service is maximized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supervise all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Supervise & Audit shipments prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of shipping and receiving documentation; Ensuring orderly files for all documentation.
- Responsible for the management & coordination of all shipping/receiving activities
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Maintain performance records and providing feedback on performance including disciplinary actions as needed.
- Supervises the scheduling of daily transportation.
- Supervises and assists with all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Supervises and assists with the inspections of all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Supervises & assists with maintaining material inventory levels.
- Supervises & assists with responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Maintains safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Investigates problems, finds root causes and helps develop solutions
- Supervise the performance of daily cycle counts
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Supervises Distribution Specialist & Drivers
- Three to five years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to operate Forklift and pass certification
- Ability to manage inventory
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong Computer Skills
- Proficient on MS Word and Access
- Oracle Inventory Management extremely helpful
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly without assistance.
- Climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Loading/Unloading incoming and outgoing shipments in all types of adverse weather conditions
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures may vary and noise level can be moderate to high.
- Working in a very busy environment subject to constant interruptions
- Must work at a fast pace
- Must be cross-trained in all functional areas of responsibility related to operations