Solo Cup Company Employee Reviews in United States

Productive & always learning something new
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 13, 2016
Great place to work. I was given a lot of opportunities to move up the ladder. The management always encouraged me & gave me opportunities to learn from the leadership staff, so that I could keep advancing. I made full proof of all the wisdom & knowledge of my leadership staff.
Pros
Formed close relationships with co-workers.
Cons
Healthcare Benefits wasn't the best.
Hours were good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 22, 2016
The hours worked well with my schedule of being a single parent.

It had good benefits.

The work was not hard.

The pay was not exceptional but okay for the work load that was expected to perform and the area that the company is located.
Couldn't make a living.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 24, 2016
I was hired to full-time after my 90 day probation. But even once I got to full time I was constantly being sent home. The managers are the mix up of all the drama. They keep nothing to themselves and like most people they pick their favorites. If you have to share any type of personal business with any type of supervisor it would quickly spread. Operators smelt of constant alcohol and would disappear leaving you to look stupid.
Great Place to work!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDSeptember 8, 2015
The only reason I am leaving is because I am relocating to Germantown, MD. I have been employed there for 7 years and they have excellent benefits and a great work environment.
Solo was a decent place to work
INBOUND COORDINATOR - SUPERVISING TWENTY (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 6, 2016
Warehouse is easily managed and always kept to a limit with new employess in the training process. The hardest part of the job was getting to work and having enough work to last in the slow months
Pros
HAVE A CHOICE TO LEARN NEW AREAS
Cons
THEY HAVE CERTAIN EMPLOYEES THE SUPPORT WITH WRONG DOING WITHIN THE COMPANY
A good day at work.
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  5757 S kostnerJanuary 7, 2016
Love to work hard. How to work as a team. Get along with management and co-workers. Working as a team. Being part of a team.
line producer
Material handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2016
stacked cups for twelve hours some times get a jam and get free time not real free but we would just sweep an pick up trash for the mean time till they fix the machine or the would send us home for the day the least enjoyable thing about working there was if your line was down no work for you that day
Forklift
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 9, 2016
Drive forklift pulling orders. I learned how to load and unload truck.My coworker was good people to work with.The most enjoyable thing is the job was easy
warehouse
Machine Operator and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJuly 5, 2016
logistics, shipping and receiving, forlklift, maintenace. Good people to work around. great food, fun cups and plates, great partys
A good learning experience with outstanding benefits
Wide Web Flexographic Pressman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2012
Since I've been there for 6 1/2 months, I've found the 12-hour night shift to be very physically taxing on the body. However, if I had to work nights, the two nights on and two nights off with every other weekend off is the only way I could do it. I do enjoy the variation of jobs that are scheduled on the press I work on and I have learned a great deal about press operations since I've been there. Most of my co-workers are a pleasure to work with and management is, for the most part, fair and helpful. The hardest part of the job is making through the long shift which is new to me in the industry, but as stated before, its better than working it 8 hours a day; 5 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits, good food in cafeteria, and being able to see my family during my time off during the week.
Pros
benefits package, work variation on press, good meals in cafeteria
Cons
12 hour night shift, long standing hours, physical labor
SoloCup....SAFETY FIRST!
INJECTION MOLDING PACKER (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 17, 2012
SoloCup? I worked among drug users and alcoholics! In and out of the hospital because intestinal issues I could not win with the no fault attendence 10 point policy! I pointed out, lost my job, car, and apartment because I wasn't intitled to unemployement insurance benefits! For a company that "takes pride" in safety, the only way I was going to keep my job was to die on a line! I probably then would have got written up for the line backing up, pointed out because the days i would have missed, and then drug tested looking for some way to blame everything on me! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if my points made the company fall but the times i received points were when they were over staffed!?
Pros
free parking
Cons
no fault point system
Very Fast paced environment good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILAugust 12, 2014
Since this was a new facility, there was a lot to do and we kept busy every day. You need to be willing to work hard and be able to work independently otherwise you would fall behind quickly. Overall I liked the company, but the benefits were not much to speak of. I would recommend this company if you don't mind the pace and can be a quick worker and learner.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
job security
Solo
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 9, 2015
Did not work there long enough to see or have any of the benefits that the company had to offer. I do remember that quality was a top priority and the company strived to put out a good product. That is what prepared me to be quality aware.
Pros
training
Cons
too much standing
Packer (Former Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDFebruary 15, 2016
After clock-in my job consisted of working several machines at once, placing product into bags and sending it off to the packaging department.
Pros
we all worked as a team and time went by quickly
Cons
no cons
Time at Solo/Dart
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 21, 2014
I worked 3rd shift for 20 years that was helped raise my children with my wife. I did several jobs like packer,blinder operator,forklift,press operator. My co-workers I really liked working with the most we all became a family after all the years.
Pros
co-workers, the job
Cons
the drive and the heat
fun place to work in
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2014
I enjoyed every second of this job and I had great insurance and benefits as well as working with great people and the management would understand that family came first and if I had an emergency in my family I could go take care of them I loved everything about this job
Pros
great benefits
nice co workers to work with
Instructor (Former Employee) –  chicago, IlSeptember 19, 2014
fun place to work, job atmosphere was nice. No benefits. The management was fair. Overall it was a positive work experience for me.
Pros
nice lunch breaks, weren't overworked (but was procuctive)
Cons
no benefits
Consistant challenges loved it
Supervisor, maintenance mechanic, operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2014
Trouble shooting machines every day. Learned something every day. Kept me on my toes. Loved showing others what was learned by me. Having my job close after 32 yrs was the hardest part of working there. Reporting to work was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
the benefits
FUn place to work
Quality Con trol (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 22, 2014
Good to work for but no overtime available as well as performance reviews only bring a .30 raise per year.
Pros
steady work
Cons
health care there is expensive and they cut back bonus program
Great
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 21, 2012
It was a great place to work, the benifits were great such as health ect...as well as the learning experience that I obtained. I became a press operator printing verious products such as popcorn buckets,cups,bowls ect...
Pros
great pay, credit union on site, weekely pay
Cons
the jobcould be a little messy at times