Solomon Group Employee Reviews

This place sucks
Welder (Former Employee) –  Haraham,laDecember 8, 2017
Was hired as a welder but did everything else. Screwed up my pay 3 different times. Management played favorites,the good old boy club. Very unsafe to work. Safety is the last thing on their minds. Projects first,family time last.
Steer clear
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2017
Long hours and poor management make this company hard to work for.

There is an extreme amount of in fighting between departments and finger pointing.

Slack is their main communication tool for handling multi million dollar jobs and leads to unclear objectives and snarky commentary.

There is a high level of turnover so be mindful if/when you accept a job here.

They have burned most of their bridges with local New Orleans entertainment vendors and artisans so they are recruiting from outside the area.

If you like overtime then this is the place to be as most projects are accepted at the last minuet (or forgotten about or not able to be started due to bottle necking of other projects) planned over the course of several days and weeks of fabrication are shoe horned into a compressed stressful schedule.
Pros
You are paid well
Cons
Poor management, bad planning and long hours
Great coworkers...horrible management
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LANovember 23, 2017
BE AWARE BEFORE RELOCATING - There were several employees and managers that relocated to work at Solomon Group. That was not considered when they came through and conducted layoffs. It left many people stranded here with no means of relocating back home.

The management is unorganized and inexperienced. There's never any consideration given to an employees knowledge or previous experiences, which leads to missed end goals and low moral. You are held to standards that were never finalized or explained and then rushed and berated when tasks weren't completed to managements specifications.

There were no promotions given (they would hire supervisors from outside the company) and no information on how to move up within the company was ever explained. The turnover rate for employees and management was rediculously high.

The salary was fair but not for the high amount of overtime required to complete a job. We worked a lot of 60-70 hour weeks with no recognition. Alot of the extra time worked was due to managements lack of organization, which became very frustrating over time.

Upper management is completely aloof as to the issues at the fabrication level, and it didn't seem like they really cared. No appreciate or understanding was given to employees for the long hours worked or the impossible situations that we were put into on a daily basis.

The projects themselves were really interesting but not worth the stress and frustration.
Pros
Great coworkers and full benefits
Cons
Extremely high turnover rate, managements lack of care for employees
Awesome place to learn
Print Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 4, 2017
I had an excellent time working here as a part time print shop assistant. I learned so many skills that I will need in the future to pursue my career in the graphic design industry. I had great managers and co-workers. It was a real pleasure to work here, didn't even feel like work at all.
Pros
Great place to work, friendly people
Cons
where not hiring full time
Poor supervision
Designer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2017
Just was not a fun place to work for. Supervisor was never sure of work scope so you would do job 2 & 3 times. One supervisor was bad about talking down to people. Just poor mangment.
Pros
Was not many
Cons
Poor mangment, pay
Great Co-Workers, Cool Projects
Office (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2015
Micromanagement galore. Partners/President do not allow you to do what you were hired to do. Lacking open-mindedness.
Cons
Great co-workers
Great Place to Grow
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 3, 2015
if you are willing to work a lot of hours, it will be worth it. Commission is great and base pay is above average. Dedicate yourself and you will get promoted if you want.
Great gear great people
Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2013
Show up on site, unload semi truck full of equipment. have a meeting to get everyone on the same page. Set up the event make sure clients are happy whatever it takes within reason. Do the show, load semis or transport vehicles. Every event is diffierent and comes with its own set of challenges, no two are alike there fore no two come with the same lesson or approach. I go in with an open mind that something from the last gig may not work the same this time around and by doing so I prepare myself for whatever obstacles the day may hold. Ready to over come them if any and move forward towards a great common goal, the success of the show.
Pros
Great company
Fun workplace
Executive/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxMarch 12, 2013
I learned how to love my employers, and how to communicate with them properly.
My co-workers were amazing, and very helpful. I helped them get their jobs done rather than having to run around and do other things. I simplified their job.
The hardest part was getting started, because we were all new to the events we were making, but in the end it turned out to be one of the greatest things.
The most enjoyable part of the job was networking with others, and hearing their stories.
Pros
free food.
Cons
it was not full time.