Solstice Sunglass Boutique

Solstice Sunglass Boutique United States Employee Reviews

Loved working here!
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
I absolutely loved connecting with my customers and finding shades that couldn't live without. The pay was decent and the contests were pretty cool. The discount was nice as I have a few pairs of sunglasses and more importantly my eyes are protected.
Stylish environment with friendly workers
Stylist (Former Employee), 1432 Palisades Center Drive, West Nyack, NY 10994January 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people with friendly co-workers
Cons: not much job security and little room for advancement
Typical day at work included customer service, sales, merchandising store while maintaining a clean work environment. My co-workers made the job very enjoyable as they were easy to work with but the challenging part of the job was competing with previous sale numbers during non-busy hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people while surrounded with friendly co-workers.
Fun workplace with good managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 13, 2015
The same review for this job as for the other job at Solstice, however I was just a sales associate at this moment.

I learned how to deal with uneasy customers and how to keep my composure in difficult situations. I got experience dealing with currency and also keeping up with the company's current inventory.
Sale driven environment
Keyholder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Customer Service and Sales was the name of the game. everything circumvented a possible sale and hitting our daily goal.
A place to learn and then move on
High Volume Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good for new managers
Cons: inconsitent directives and constant changes in policy make this a difficult place to work
It was a great place to develop manager skills. However due to the turn over in upper management (DM changes 5 times in 6 years without being relocated) it made advancement slow as they insisted on promoting a hire from within policy that never happened in my almost 7 years.
Policy and procedures were not consistent and the company seems to often be on the verge of financial ruin. I would not work here again but I am grateful for the experience.
Great job to gain experience in retail sales
Keyholder (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
Goal, UPT, ADS, TPH, and Sales Per Hour make up how many hours you work a week. Too much pressure are put on the workers. Could have better management.
Great position in sales, always felt great to make the customer's day.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 12, 2014
While at Solstice Sunglass Boutique, I was able to work with each customer on an individual basis. It was great to have the time to take a customer from not knowing what they want, to finding the perfect pair of sunglasses. My manager was great to work with, she was able to coach me to be a better sales person and employee.

The most difficult part of the job was that I did not really have much of an opportunity to grow within the company. I was somewhat stuck in the position I held and I want to progress in my career.

The most enjoyable part was being able to make the customer's day. The best feeling is knowing that people are leaving my store happier than when they walked in.
This may not be a good fit.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: could be very fun at times.
Cons: no advancment or recognition for sucsess.
I found this work environment difficult. The corporate management was terrible, unresponsive, overly critical, with little to no praise....ever. I worked for the co. two times. I preformed well over my total time, close to $400,000.00 I never received a substantial raise, even with high praise at review. That being said, the Health benefits are fantastic for full time employees. The "on site" management was fantastic in all stores I worked in. The day to day environment could be very fun.
Can be great depending on management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: bonuses, perks, giftcards, contests
Cons: hours based on sales, bad management, small company
This job can be considered easy if you're in the right location - all you have to do is sell sunglasses. However, your entire experience can be altered with management. Make sure you READ the entire handbook just in case one of the managers end up violating one of the clauses.
Fun Work Place
Key Holder (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 5, 2013
Excellent job while in college, they are very flexible and schedule you according to your school schedule. The best retail company to work for.
Productive workplace, amazing co-workers.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of checking if any shipment arrived or needs to be sent out. If not, a walk through of the sales floor to ensure everything is tidy. I learned a lot about shipment, the whole aspect & foundation of how to work a stock position. Co-workers were very friendly, enjoyed them all. The hardest part of the job was probably the number of hours spent standing, almost entire 8 hr shifts. The most enjoyable would have to be the job itself, it was very easy to learn & even easier to apply.
Great for work experience, not so great life experience.
Keyholder (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: management
Starting out at Solstice was more than I could have asked for. I learned and gained all the skills and experience a key holder at any retail location would need. POS systems, checking/ receiving shipments, learning brand and product knowledge, keeping up with Loss Prevention standards, cash handling and deposits. Management however was the hardest part of my job. It got to the point of harassment on personal levels and my job was no longer worth the 30 to 40 minute commute.
Interesting work experience not conducive for advancment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 19, 2013
I've learned to think outside of the box to create innovative ways to drive sales.
great company to work for
Key Holder (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 12, 2013
i was able to learn allot as well as use my previous management experience and love of fashion at this job ..excelled in sales..
first management job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GADecember 6, 2012
Pros: benefits, discounts, great team.
After serving tables for 5 years, I decided it was time for a change, and based on my experience, I got hired as assistant manager for Solstice. I'd arrive to work with poise, tact, and with a positive attitude. I'd interact with customers and explain key features and benefits of the product. I'd use my product knowledge to explain these things in order to successfully run the business and sell the product. I also had the task of training the new store manager when she came on board the company. I provided coaching to sales associates on their performance on a daily basis, and provide them with ideas about how to better themselves within the company or to simply give them feedback. I was also in charge of bi-weekly payroll and in charge of handing deposits to the back every morning, while also opening and closing the store by myself. Processing shipments and stock were also a daily task.
Management was awesome. The store manager and I got along great and we made a great team as well as everyone else in the store. It was all about teamwork and working together to get the job done which is what I liked most about the company. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge which naturally took a few weeks to fully learn but with time, and my ability to soak up information quickly, I quickly gained the knowledge through training.
Great company to work for, benefits for all employees.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2012
Week days are a little slow during the summer but pick up on the weekends. Typical day would include assisting and suggesting frames for customers. Cleaning frames and keeping the store tidy. Shipment ever couple of days, and minor inventory for opening and closing.
Very personal with customers.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 17, 2012
Pros: 35 minute breaks. 1 store visit a month.
Cons: no benefits for key holders
I love the fact that you can build that customer/associate relationship with different customers. I learned how to become more professional as a manager and how to develop skills to become more alert when it comes to loss prevention. The hardest part of the job would be changing the lights. The ceiling is way too high and you get very nervous on the ladder. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that you can talk and have fun with. I love being able to talk to customers and laugh and still be able to do my job at the same time.
Great place to work! STore can be maintained and ran by only a 1-3 employees per shift
Keyholder (Former Employee), Mercedes, TXJune 5, 2012
Pros: great discount, great compensation (even at new hire status)
Cons: 30 minute lunches, but really not a big deal
Learning about sunglasses was made simple, even for someone who was not familiar with materials, specs and eyewear fashion

Learned how to work with scheduling, take conference calls and coach/train new hires (stood in as acting store manager for my supervisors maternity leave)

My co workers were goal oriented, always did their part and my store manager was an amazing and most importantly understanding supervisor!

Great part of my day was helping someone find a perfect pair of shades, when they had no clue what looked good on them to begin with
Great workplace, awesome staff, customer service/framework training is not only helpful, but life changing.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Vacaville, CaMarch 1, 2012
One of the best companies I was fortunate to be a part of. The staff is great and so is the management team. Everyone in the company is very helpful and on hand when it comes to questions others are unable to answer.
fun and interesting work enviroment
Co Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: benefits and bonuses
Cons: growth apportunities
love the one on one interaction customer service base. you build your own clientel. work pace is slow at times but the customer make it worth it.

Solstice Sunglass Boutique Salaries