Solstice Sunglass Boutique Employee Reviews

Intresting and fun working with different people from different places.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 2, 2017
A typical work day consists of assisting cutomers with purchases of quality eye wear. What I have learned is that with just a smile and showing that you care can go a long way. Being a part of managment at the store makes accountability and coming up with ways to improve the store easy. The work place culture at Solstice is to give superior customer service and make each cutomer feel special. The hardest part of the job is trying to please each customer. Sometimes you just cant find that person the perfect pair. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on the persons face when you know you've succeeded in making that persons day and that they look great in the purchase!!
Pros
Laid back work environment, small staff
Cons
No healthcare, low advancement
Good Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Flatiron NYSeptember 2, 2017
Great Place for sunglasses,A day in a job at solstice is working hand and hand with clients and helping them find the right pair of sunglasses.....Best part and seeing the clients walk out happy.
nope
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 2, 2017
Not the best company to work in but when you want something to start out with it is ok. Management wasnt the best when i was working there and the pressure they give you when work is low isnt the best either
Great for a smaller retail company
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJuly 22, 2017
I spent a lot of time cleaning and maintaining the store, especially during the slow season when there were less customers. The holiday rush was always my favorite since there were so many more customer experiences. My manager was a great teacher and this is where I was able to learn more about sales goals and setting smart goals.
Pros
Room for growth, flexible schedule
Cons
working alone, no benefits, small team
Solstice
Keyholder/Lead Visual (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2017
• Maintained store standards per merchandising directives
• Trained new employees and made scheduled monthly
• Completed floor replenishment and shipment as needed
it was a high volume boutique
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2017
I was a manager that opened the store , made my teams daily focus sheets for all to review with a manager so they knew their individual goals as well as the stores. I learned how to work effectively with others in a high volume environment
Fun workplace
Optical Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 12, 2017
I had a lot of fun working here when i was younger. Pay was above minimum wage, which was great for little work experience at the time. Worked well with my personal schedule.
Solstice Review
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2017
Working at Solstice had its pros and cons. I was young and enjoyed the discounts, receiving new merchandise, and setting up displays. I have always been someone who enjoys keeping busy and challenged. At this job I was neither. On a typical day, we would have less than 50 people walk into the store. It was a high end store and I guess not too many people wanting to spend so much on sunglasses. I always did my best to find something to do, but at some point, there is nothing left.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too slow-paced
Loved working here
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 17, 2017
I loved working for this company. good pay for college students. They promote from within which I like and great if you're into fashion. Must have good customer service experience
Solstice Boutique
Key Holder/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work was steady, delivering the Safilo brand experience and effectively communicating with customers to meet their needs. With direction from management i was able to train associates, assist with operational responsabilities
my day at work
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2017
I have been running Solstice Sunglass Boutique as a store manager for the last 6 years. I have been nominated twice for manager of the year and have led numerous team to success over the years.

I love working and talking with people. I always strive for excellence and success in everything I do and can lead any team to success.

I have the ability to talk and engage with all different types of people and am extremely reliable and have been called to help out other stores in their time of need.
Pros
no folding of clothes
Cons
no growth opps and now commuting over an hour to work
You work alone most of the time
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The environment is great for people who can stay busy, or find something to be busy about. If you can't work alone for 4+ hours, this isn't the place for you.
Pros
pay is good, good for fashion lovers, great discount on glasses
Cons
short breaks, management, understaffed, cannot move up in company
Great and fun place to work!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2017
Solstice is a great company to work for, it's very team oriented and also a lot of fun. The only downside is the pay rate, it's good for college students however.
Pros
Laid back, great schedule
Cons
Mediocre pay
Fun at Solstice
Stock / Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 23, 2016
working at Solstice was really fun and easy for me, I loved interacting with people about the products we sold also I was in charge of the cargo that was shipped out and received, meaning I would check them in organize them and display them in a proper order.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
it can be very slow
Great working environment
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2016
My typical day at work is pretty easy going. I like this job because I like interacting and meeting new people. I learn how deal with different personalities. My co-workers are fun and easy going we get along with one another. They make my working experience much easier. The job really isn't too hard for me, it's pretty great to me. The most enjoyable part of the job are the positive minded people that I encounter every time I come into work.
Great work environment
SELLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
Great work environment with a fun and energetic atmosphere, just poor corporate organization/leadership. Corporate has lack luster communication and conflict resolution skills, and little to no help for in store issues.
its ok
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 22, 2015
The job was very fun and exiting. Although no support from corporate. Are expected to meet goals. You have to sell everyday in odor to meet goals.
productive and great wowrk place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2015
General manager, daily operations, payroll, scheduling, training,
merchandising, interviewing, shipping and receiving operations,
inventory shrinkage, corporate sales, leading by example.
Pros
Bounses
Cons
Very good work environment, slow pace, great benifits
Store Manager/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 6, 2015
I love working for the company. But there was a lot of paperwork that didn't allow me as a store manager to interact with customers. the hardest part was leaving to practice what I loved.
Pros
benifits, steady schedule
Cons
not enough training on store policy
key holder postion
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TXJune 22, 2015
helping customers with their purchases, and computer operations
learned how to convert customer, sales, computer operations,visual merchandising,inventory
awesome team driving co workers
handling customers escalations
selling to amazing clients
Pros
sales, products, pay, management
Cons
short breaks, no PTO