Solstice Sunglass Boutique Employee Reviews

This may not be a good fit.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 12, 2014
I found this work environment difficult. The corporate management was terrible, unresponsive, overly critical, with little to no praise....ever. I worked for the co. two times. I preformed well over my total time, close to $400,000.00 I never received a substantial raise, even with high praise at review. That being said, the Health benefits are fantastic for full time employees. The "on site" management was fantastic in all stores I worked in. The day to day environment could be very fun.
Pros
Could be very fun at times.
Cons
No advancment or recognition for sucsess.
Great work environment
SELLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
Great work environment with a fun and energetic atmosphere, just poor corporate organization/leadership. Corporate has lack luster communication and conflict resolution skills, and little to no help for in store issues.
A place to learn and then move on
High Volume Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaAugust 23, 2014
It was a great place to develop manager skills. However due to the turn over in upper management (DM changes 5 times in 6 years without being relocated) it made advancement slow as they insisted on promoting a hire from within policy that never happened in my almost 7 years.
Policy and procedures were not consistent and the company seems to often be on the verge of financial ruin. I would not work here again but I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
Good for new managers
Cons
Inconsitent directives and constant changes in policy make this a difficult place to work
Very good work environment, slow pace, great benifits
Store Manager/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 6, 2015
I love working for the company. But there was a lot of paperwork that didn't allow me as a store manager to interact with customers. the hardest part was leaving to practice what I loved.
Pros
benifits, steady schedule
Cons
not enough training on store policy
Great position in sales, always felt great to make the customer's day.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2014
While at Solstice Sunglass Boutique, I was able to work with each customer on an individual basis. It was great to have the time to take a customer from not knowing what they want, to finding the perfect pair of sunglasses. My manager was great to work with, she was able to coach me to be a better sales person and employee.

The most difficult part of the job was that I did not really have much of an opportunity to grow within the company. I was somewhat stuck in the position I held and I want to progress in my career.

The most enjoyable part was being able to make the customer's day. The best feeling is knowing that people are leaving my store happier than when they walked in.
first management job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 6, 2012
After serving tables for 5 years, I decided it was time for a change, and based on my experience, I got hired as assistant manager for Solstice. I'd arrive to work with poise, tact, and with a positive attitude. I'd interact with customers and explain key features and benefits of the product. I'd use my product knowledge to explain these things in order to successfully run the business and sell the product. I also had the task of training the new store manager when she came on board the company. I provided coaching to sales associates on their performance on a daily basis, and provide them with ideas about how to better themselves within the company or to simply give them feedback. I was also in charge of bi-weekly payroll and in charge of handing deposits to the back every morning, while also opening and closing the store by myself. Processing shipments and stock were also a daily task.
Management was awesome. The store manager and I got along great and we made a great team as well as everyone else in the store. It was all about teamwork and working together to get the job done which is what I liked most about the company. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge which naturally took a few weeks to fully learn but with time, and my ability to soak up information quickly, I quickly gained the knowledge through training.
Pros
benefits, discounts, great team.
Great place to work! STore can be maintained and ran by only a 1-3 employees per shift
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJune 5, 2012
Learning about sunglasses was made simple, even for someone who was not familiar with materials, specs and eyewear fashion

Learned how to work with scheduling, take conference calls and coach/train new hires (stood in as acting store manager for my supervisors maternity leave)

My co workers were goal oriented, always did their part and my store manager was an amazing and most importantly understanding supervisor!

Great part of my day was helping someone find a perfect pair of shades, when they had no clue what looked good on them to begin with
Pros
great discount, great compensation (even at new hire status)
Cons
30 minute lunches, but really not a big deal
Very personal with customers.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 17, 2012
I love the fact that you can build that customer/associate relationship with different customers. I learned how to become more professional as a manager and how to develop skills to become more alert when it comes to loss prevention. The hardest part of the job would be changing the lights. The ceiling is way too high and you get very nervous on the ladder. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that you can talk and have fun with. I love being able to talk to customers and laugh and still be able to do my job at the same time.
Pros
35 minute breaks. 1 store visit a month.
Cons
no benefits for key holders
Stylish environment with friendly workers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  1432 Palisades Center Drive, West Nyack, NY 10994January 21, 2015
Typical day at work included customer service, sales, merchandising store while maintaining a clean work environment. My co-workers made the job very enjoyable as they were easy to work with but the challenging part of the job was competing with previous sale numbers during non-busy hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people while surrounded with friendly co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people with friendly co-workers
Cons
Not much job security and little room for advancement
key holder postion
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TXJune 22, 2015
helping customers with their purchases, and computer operations
learned how to convert customer, sales, computer operations,visual merchandising,inventory
awesome team driving co workers
handling customers escalations
selling to amazing clients
Pros
sales, products, pay, management
Cons
short breaks, no PTO
its ok
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 22, 2015
The job was very fun and exiting. Although no support from corporate. Are expected to meet goals. You have to sell everyday in odor to meet goals.
productive and great wowrk place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2015
General manager, daily operations, payroll, scheduling, training,
merchandising, interviewing, shipping and receiving operations,
inventory shrinkage, corporate sales, leading by example.
Pros
Bounses
Cons
Great for work experience, not so great life experience.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJuly 21, 2013
Starting out at Solstice was more than I could have asked for. I learned and gained all the skills and experience a key holder at any retail location would need. POS systems, checking/ receiving shipments, learning brand and product knowledge, keeping up with Loss Prevention standards, cash handling and deposits. Management however was the hardest part of my job. It got to the point of harassment on personal levels and my job was no longer worth the 30 to 40 minute commute.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can be great depending on management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2013
This job can be considered easy if you're in the right location - all you have to do is sell sunglasses. However, your entire experience can be altered with management. Make sure you READ the entire handbook just in case one of the managers end up violating one of the clauses.
Pros
Bonuses, perks, giftcards, contests
Cons
Hours based on sales, bad management, small company
Great work enviroment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 28, 2015
great Job they have a great training program. There is great company for advancement.

They have great incentive program. Your do work holidays but its retail who doesn't.

I love this company
Great workplace, awesome staff, customer service/framework training is not only helpful, but life changing.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CaMarch 1, 2012
One of the best companies I was fortunate to be a part of. The staff is great and so is the management team. Everyone in the company is very helpful and on hand when it comes to questions others are unable to answer.
fun and interesting work enviroment
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaFebruary 15, 2012
love the one on one interaction customer service base. you build your own clientel. work pace is slow at times but the customer make it worth it.
Pros
benefits and bonuses
Cons
growth apportunities
Great job to gain experience in retail sales
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
Goal, UPT, ADS, TPH, and Sales Per Hour make up how many hours you work a week. Too much pressure are put on the workers. Could have better management.
great company to work for
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 12, 2013
i was able to learn allot as well as use my previous management experience and love of fashion at this job ..excelled in sales..
Productive workplace, amazing co-workers.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of checking if any shipment arrived or needs to be sent out. If not, a walk through of the sales floor to ensure everything is tidy. I learned a lot about shipment, the whole aspect & foundation of how to work a stock position. Co-workers were very friendly, enjoyed them all. The hardest part of the job was probably the number of hours spent standing, almost entire 8 hr shifts. The most enjoyable would have to be the job itself, it was very easy to learn & even easier to apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solstice Sunglass Boutique. Our community is ready to answer.