Solstice Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 6, 2017
Very nice place to work discounts are great the people you work with are super nice only bad thing is that you always have to sell you have a set goal or your hours are cut
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Work weekends
Management needs work
Part Time Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2017
Solstice is great if you enjoy working with customers and making client relationships along with selling. However the management and work environment as a whole is not worth it. There's a lot of miscommunication and a big part of it is due to the management. You end up doing more work than what you get paid for. I'm sure another location would be the best option..
Pros
Great customers, Flexible hours
Cons
Bad environment
Solstice
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 5, 2017
Always working weekends well have no life. Full time Co-Manager don't even get a full 80 hours only 78 after that its overtime which they don't approve of. Not ideal for anyone to move up in company if your trying to advance in the company.
Too many tasks for very little pay
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2017
There are too many tasks for keyholders that are supposed to be strictly for managers. Company harrases its employees to sell when people dont want to buy. Poorly managed company. Everyone in corporate honestly dont know what their doing. And their so called framework absolutly does not work on how to approach customers.
Pros
50% off on some product
Cons
Company is horrible when it comes to its employees
Productive and fun place to work
SELLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  JacksonvJune 13, 2017
Great management and team. I learned product information about fashion designers. The workplace culture was fun, positive, and upbeat. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer to find the right pair of sunglasses for them.
Pros
Free sunglasses
Its was okay
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2017
I mean as much as i love what i did and the interaction with my customer , the manager took advantage of me and the district manager never appreciated what i did. I would never get recognized for anything which hurt a lot but. Im better now.
Very fun workplace with many diverse customers!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 10, 2017
I loved being able to communicate with customers on a personal level, and helping them choose which sunglasses looked best! Because of the store's location, we received many foreign customers eager to buy multiple pairs! It was a great experience with a fun work environment and definitely a quick way to pick up new languages!
Great company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 29, 2017
The company was great, my boss was a little full of herself. Pay was amazing and the benefits were great too. 50% employee discount and raises every so often. Enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
pay
Cons
store manager
Great
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Very happy working here. Management will help with anything you need and the store runs very efficiently. Busy hours are tough to deal with but with a good team anything is possible. Solstice definitely offers a good team
Good retail experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 4, 2017
Great opportunity to learn more about sunglasses and how to properly sell this piece of fashion to the customer.

Business is typically slow during the winter but is busier during summer time.

A lot of cleaning comes with this job, cleaning and polishing over one thousand sunglasses throughout the week.

Management is cool and laid back overall.

Great first job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, not really rewarding.
Horrible Management
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2017
The manager has horrible structuring skills. Never fully trained any of his employees, leaves early almost every shift, is incredibly hypocritical and extremely great at only one thing. Procrastinating. Hes horrible at managing a team based on culture and ethics. Purely morals which makes working there hard to bare.
Pros
nice selection of sunglasses
Cons
horrible managment, small store, weak sales team
Solstice provided interesting expereinces
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Solstice was my first retail job. I learned how to effectively communicate with customers, manage the store among other acquired skills. If you like fast paced competitive retail, this place is for you.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Short Breaks
Very professional yet non-intimidating work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Working at Solstice Sunglasses was a great job to add to my work experience. It is the job in which I have had the most responsibility; I would be left alone in the store and manage everything on my own which was new for me. I learned how to uphold a store without any help, and that was a very important step for me to take in the professional world. My responsibilities consisted of opening/closing the store, customer service, selling the product, keeping the product organized and clean, keeping the store organized and clean, unpacking any merchandise that was sent to our location, bringing money to the bank, and reporting back to corporate at the end of each day. My co-workers were helpful because they had all been there longer than me so they helped me out. I worked well with all of them. The hardest part of my job would be to handle all the customers when I was alone in the store. During busy hours I would have to deal with over ten people in the store and it was difficult to juggle all of them. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see and learn about the product. Solstice is a high end sunglasses boutique and part of my job was to be educated on the designers whose sunglass lines we sold. That was definitely the coolest part of the job because I am very interested in that industry.
Pros
Education on fashion
Cons
Desolate location which led to many slow days
Productive and fun work environment
Selling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 26, 2016
I enjoyed the time I was at Solstice. I would definitely work for the company again! My schedule was flexible and my manager was friendly. Being a selling specywas by far the best job I have had. There are quite a few opportunities to move up in the company if it is a desire.
Cons
I worked at a smaller location, and I was a spelling specialist therefore my hours were not what I would have wanted them to be.
Pros and cons
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work is usually pretty consistent in terms of customers coming in. It can be a challenging job but it can also be rewarding when you get a happy customer and can get some good sales. Management can really make or break your job, along with your coworkers. The hardest part of the job is usually being understaffed which leads to being overworked with little recognition. Some people are forced to work full time but don't get the full time benefits The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a good team of people that can bond and become a family. The turnaround rate is unusually high which leads to long periods of time of being understaffed.
Okay
Dual Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 11, 2016
This is a small retail company with lots of mandatory reporting. It takes managers off sales floor where to focus should be maintained
Nice
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Nice thing to say awesome environment good music great staff awesome place to work I have no complaints I wish everyone luck at that job great stuff cool
Relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be pretty quiet during the early day and towards the night traffic would be a bit busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun & nice people.
Pros
good employee discounts
Cons
short breaks and no restroom in store
A lot of multitasking
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 22, 2016
I multitask a lot. I handle with customers, while i was doing something else. A day of me working there would be like handling with customers while doing inventory of the sunglasses.
great way to learn customer service skills
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 20, 2016
On a typical day at Solstice, I am running around busy. I may be dealing and interacting with several customers at a time. We are required to meet sales goals, even as key-holders. I make sure my staff is well equipped for the day and have everything they need. We make it a priority to put the customer's need first and provide the best customer service possible. I want everyone to leave our store with a smile on their face and know they had a great experience when shopping with us.
Pros
meeting new/different people every day
Cons
not enough hours to go around