Solstice Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Fun Fashion Sunglass Boutique
key holder (Current Employee), ChicagoJune 4, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off Sunglasses
Cons: Not enough hours
What I like about working at Solstice Sunglasses is that it has opened me up to the world of fashion. We have sales goals and bonus incentives which keep things interesting. I love helping people pick out a pair of shades. The only thing I don't like is the short shifts and lack of hours.
Energetic working environment but fast turnover
Sellig Specialist (Former Employee), JFK AirportMay 19, 2015
Seasonal jobs are not guaranteed in fact a regular part isn't safe unless. Only full timers have little to worry about. I was promised my job back last summer but this summer I have yet to hear anything from anyone.
Does Not Value Employees
Manager (Former Employee), MidwestFebruary 7, 2015
Great product and selling program. Framework helps make the interactions flow when used properly. Human Resources needs to develop a program to maintain great talent. There are employees working within the retail stores that value the company and product but are never recognized or have an opportunity for advancement.

Corporate should leave their New Jersey offices and visit locations on more occasions other than opening and closing a store. There is value in the stores located in the Midwest not just in California, New York, Vegas, and Florida.
Overall I wouldnt recommend
store manager (Former Employee), new york, nyFebruary 5, 2015
Over the last few years the work life balance has become non existent. I came to the company and loved that they cared about the happiness of their employees. Now it is all work and no care for how employees feel.
Great place to learn how to sell a product that is not a necessity, but a luxury
Key holder (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: 10 minute break, no healthcare or paid days off
Learned how to sell something people did not need and could buy at 5$ as opposed to 300$. Learned about branding, special features. Typical day was going in and attempting to meet the sales goals for that day and try to get ahead on the week. Management was small, just one manager who did a good job. My co-workers were all young females who for the most part were polite, occasionally some would show – more... up in a bad mood but that happens to all of us. The hardest part of the job was the boredom, sometimes at night it would be a hour in-between customers, and 90% of the people who walk in the store do not purchase anything but I tried to sell an item to anyone who walked in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee discount and seeing the smile on peoples faces after they picked out the perfect sunglasses – less
Productive and fun workplace
Selling Specialist (Current Employee), Elmhurst, NYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere, flexible work schedule
Working at Solstice Sunglasses has improved my communication skills and has allowed me to build interpersonal relationships with customers. The work atmosphere is very lively.
fun workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: coworkers make great friends!
A typical day at work is receiving shipment, checking in the new styles and merchandising. Also auditing the products bin-by-bin and assisting wherever I am needed in the store, whether it be cashiering or just an extra hand on the sales floor. I get to see new sunglass styles and colors when they come in. I learn how to be more organized and efficient when stocking the back room with products. Store management is very effective. The managers are normally busy but always find the time to work with their associates. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to finish my tasks or having time left over with nothing else needing to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other associates. They all have wonderful personalities and make the work days fun.
Sunglass Store at Fashion Square Mall
specialist seller and Key Holder (Former Employee), Scottsdale MallSeptember 5, 2014
i typical day at work is greeting the customer as soon as they come in to store, best customer service, cashier, restock, satisfying the customers and theirs needs, not hard work at all, love my coworkers at that time, and did enjoy giving my best customer service.
Dont do it
Key holder (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great discount !
Cons: horrible hours ! company is stingy with there money. i will not ever go back to working at solstice.
Great company but horrible hours ! The manager turn over rate is ridiculous ! You definitly can not have a lively hood working here. WAIST OF TIME !!!! short shifts !! Literally.
Luxury Sunglasses
Key holder/ Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 3, 2014
The hardest part of the job is making your sales goal. getting people to purchase 300-400 dollar glasses isn"t as easy depending on your location. The job isn't hard you unpack glasses, merchandise, and sell glasses. you get bonuses based on your sales however, there are contests that go on throughout the year where you can win stuff.
Very pleasant place to work.
Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 2, 2014
Pros: great pay and great discount
Cons: still retail, but that cannot be helped.
Extremely accommodating company to work for. Upper management is human, kind and understanding. Compensation if better than fair.
Ok if you're not looking for anything long term
Keyholder (Former Employee), LouisianaMay 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: see review
-Open store, audit, and clean sunglasses most of the day. Hope and pray someone comes in to pass the time and/or buy something.
-The store was dead (traffic wise) for the most part.
-NO COMMISSION unlike Sunglass Hut. So imagine getting a $1400 sale and not receiving a percentage of that.
-No room for growth or promotion.
-Only true FT employee is the SM. So no real benefits offered for other employees.

+Liked helping customers and discussing the importance of good sunglasses.
Busy location, great employees, hired bench strength for promotion, based on the set up did not feel I could give the best customer service.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Livermore, CAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: i made bonuses when my store made plan, and store discounts
Cons: did not go through protocol when hired.
Opening store, drawer audits from the previous day, write out daily planner with financial objectives and scheduled employees and their goals for the day. Take deposits to the bank, check emails and voicemails, shipping and receiving, printing out weekly calendar to prioritize days and complete weekly task. Training, delegating job task, cover for lunch breaks. I received shipment on scheduled days – more... and shipped out all damages, partnered with loss prevention regarding checking cameras and trash and bag checks.

I learned to always train those that respect leadership and are good followers, to create bench strength within the organization.

I learned that its okay to be firm, if they know you care.

The hardest thing about my last job is, I had expensive merchandise that was not secured, and had to give good customer service. – less
A Productive and fun work environment
Sunglass Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: not enough hours
Maintain the sales floor, replenish stock, assist customers with sunglasses selection, take Brand assessments to become knowledgeable about brands features and benefits, be accountable for work shifts and assigned work load, achieve SPH goal and make daily plan,
A fantastic company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 31, 2013
Excellent staff, excellent environment. Upper management is extremely personal, professional, and accommodating.