Solstice Sunglasses Employee Reviews

Relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be pretty quiet during the early day and towards the night traffic would be a bit busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun & nice people.
Pros
good employee discounts
Cons
short breaks and no restroom in store
A lot of multitasking
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 22, 2016
I multitask a lot. I handle with customers, while i was doing something else. A day of me working there would be like handling with customers while doing inventory of the sunglasses.
great way to learn customer service skills
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 20, 2016
On a typical day at Solstice, I am running around busy. I may be dealing and interacting with several customers at a time. We are required to meet sales goals, even as key-holders. I make sure my staff is well equipped for the day and have everything they need. We make it a priority to put the customer's need first and provide the best customer service possible. I want everyone to leave our store with a smile on their face and know they had a great experience when shopping with us.
Pros
meeting new/different people every day
Cons
not enough hours to go around
The workplace had changed for the worst
SALES SPECIALIST/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 17, 2016
In the beginning, I was drawn by the energy and flexibility of the working environment. I was able to be myself and have fun with the customers. As time went by, management became poor and it made it harder for me to be completely genuine. The hardest part of the job was satisfying the customers along with handling all store operations to the manager's liking. The good thing about it was the co-workers empathized with me so it made things a little better.
Great Company
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 16, 2016
Great company to work with. Always looking out for their employees. Company really cares about everyone succeeding. If you do well it will not go unnoticed.
Only pt not management
Mgr (Former Employee) –  New York, NY/ New JerseyJanuary 24, 2016
Nice frames, designer. The CEO and VP, RM and DM where I worked were very unprofessional. I would never recommend this company. I've been in this business for over 25 years. Quite successful I might add. However, this was the worst company I ever worked for. Tasking all the time and not enough customer service. Which should always be the #1 priority. Reports are crazy, always doing counts on shade. Theft a major problem since every shade is in the open. Loss prevention regional very unprofessional.
Pros
Designer frames
Cons
Poor management
Strong skills
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2015
I was hired to change and underwhelming store to make it a number 2 store in the company out od 167 stores. Many of my managers were trained in my location then were moved to other locations
Pros
Help inporve store sales
Cons
lack of product
great
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYOctober 6, 2015
learned that difference in a lot of different sunglasses. I learned a lot about polarization and styles

big fashion accessory

I loved this job
Pros
great product
Cons
far location
Lots of tasking
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Milford,CTJuly 28, 2015
You have many task to do and you only have one employee on to do all the assigned task that are due the following day. You work alone for the most part because the staff is small per store. You meet may different people each day from co workers to customers that do shop there
Fun Fashion Sunglass Boutique
key holder (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJune 4, 2015
What I like about working at Solstice Sunglasses is that it has opened me up to the world of fashion. We have sales goals and bonus incentives which keep things interesting. I love helping people pick out a pair of shades. The only thing I don't like is the short shifts and lack of hours.
Pros
50 percent off Sunglasses
Cons
Not enough hours
Energetic working environment but fast turnover
Sellig Specialist (Former Employee) –  JFK AirportMay 19, 2015
Seasonal jobs are not guaranteed in fact a regular part isn't safe unless. Only full timers have little to worry about. I was promised my job back last summer but this summer I have yet to hear anything from anyone.
Does Not Value Employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 7, 2015
Great product and selling program. Framework helps make the interactions flow when used properly. Human Resources needs to develop a program to maintain great talent. There are employees working within the retail stores that value the company and product but are never recognized or have an opportunity for advancement.

Corporate should leave their New Jersey offices and visit locations on more occasions other than opening and closing a store. There is value in the stores located in the Midwest not just in California, New York, Vegas, and Florida.
Overall I wouldnt recommend
store manager (Former Employee) –  new york, nyFebruary 5, 2015
Over the last few years the work life balance has become non existent. I came to the company and loved that they cared about the happiness of their employees. Now it is all work and no care for how employees feel.
Great place to learn how to sell a product that is not a necessity, but a luxury
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Learned how to sell something people did not need and could buy at 5$ as opposed to 300$. Learned about branding, special features. Typical day was going in and attempting to meet the sales goals for that day and try to get ahead on the week. Management was small, just one manager who did a good job. My co-workers were all young females who for the most part were polite, occasionally some would show up in a bad mood but that happens to all of us. The hardest part of the job was the boredom, sometimes at night it would be a hour in-between customers, and 90% of the people who walk in the store do not purchase anything but I tried to sell an item to anyone who walked in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee discount and seeing the smile on peoples faces after they picked out the perfect sunglasses
Pros
discounts
Cons
10 minute break, no healthcare or paid days off
Productive and fun workplace
Selling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 22, 2014
Working at Solstice Sunglasses has improved my communication skills and has allowed me to build interpersonal relationships with customers. The work atmosphere is very lively.
Pros
great work atmosphere, flexible work schedule
fun workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work is receiving shipment, checking in the new styles and merchandising. Also auditing the products bin-by-bin and assisting wherever I am needed in the store, whether it be cashiering or just an extra hand on the sales floor. I get to see new sunglass styles and colors when they come in. I learn how to be more organized and efficient when stocking the back room with products. Store management is very effective. The managers are normally busy but always find the time to work with their associates. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to finish my tasks or having time left over with nothing else needing to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other associates. They all have wonderful personalities and make the work days fun.
Pros
coworkers make great friends!
Sunglass Store at Fashion Square Mall
specialist seller and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale MallSeptember 5, 2014
i typical day at work is greeting the customer as soon as they come in to store, best customer service, cashier, restock, satisfying the customers and theirs needs, not hard work at all, love my coworkers at that time, and did enjoy giving my best customer service.
Dont do it
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VaAugust 4, 2014
Great company but horrible hours ! The manager turn over rate is ridiculous ! You definitly can not have a lively hood working here. WAIST OF TIME !!!! short shifts !! Literally.
Pros
great discount !
Cons
horrible hours ! company is stingy with there money. i will not ever go back to working at solstice.
Luxury Sunglasses
Key holder/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 3, 2014
The hardest part of the job is making your sales goal. getting people to purchase 300-400 dollar glasses isn"t as easy depending on your location. The job isn't hard you unpack glasses, merchandise, and sell glasses. you get bonuses based on your sales however, there are contests that go on throughout the year where you can win stuff.
Very pleasant place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 2, 2014
Extremely accommodating company to work for. Upper management is human, kind and understanding. Compensation if better than fair.
Pros
great pay and great discount
Cons
still retail, but that cannot be helped.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Solstice Sunglasses. Our community is ready to answer.