Senior Front-End Web Developers needed for stealth VC-backed project in San Francisco's SOMA area. Silicon Valley technology tackling the huge market of food supply and grower efficiencies - contact us if you want to do something new, meaningful and interesting with your web application development capabilities.
* 5+ years of experience developing high performance, user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced, small team environment; preferably as a Front-End Web Developer.
- Background in analysis and visualization of geo-spatial data a plus
- Mobile development experience a plus
- User experience (UX, UI) or graphic design expertise a plus
- Direct experience with Python (or similar technologies) preferred
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Senior Front-End Web Developer will work closely with other developers, product management and data scientists to design and develop high performance, scalable web and mobile applications for analysis and visualization of data as well as large scale crop planning and management.
- Develop tools to support internal data analysis and R&D
- Passion to do something new and different with your hard-earned software development skills!
Solum is creating new technology to make the business of agriculture simpler and more productive. We develop software, analysis services, and new soil measurements to help growers and their advisors manage farms efficiently and improve crop growth. Solum is bringing the best of Silicon Valley cloud, mobile and big data analytics technology to agriculture, one of the world's largest and most important industries.
Solum is a venture-backed start-up headquartered in the SOMA district of San Francisco. The company also has a significant presence in Ames, Iowa, where it operates a state-of-the-art soil testing laboratory. The company is backed by Khosla Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures. Our team of 25 people are experts from a broad set of disciplines -- software development, data science, chemistry, physics, agronomy, and business.