The Director of Public Relations is responsible for cultivating and maintaining a positive perception for this successful and growing group of National Restaurants across a broad range of stakeholders including media, legislators, advocates, investors, guests and the general public. As part of the Marketing team, the Director of Public Relations will work with executive staff, finance, government affairs, supply chain management, risk management and other marketing team members to define and execute the Company’s overall global public relations strategy.
May perform any or all of the following duties:
Strong Leadership skills; provides coaching, skills development, guidance and support to staff (Public Relations Manager and Specialist)
- Key source of information for media contacts and investment community requesting data and insights
- Manages the development, implementation and coordination of public relations initiatives, with the goal of gaining recognition in the market for the Company’s brands
- Establishes the Company’s corporate leadership throughout the QSR (quick service restaurant) industry, government, public and financial venues.
- Scans global environment for key issues affecting the Company's image, products and plans, alerting management of emerging issues and potential impacts to the brands and/or products in development, executes PR plans to effectively address and manage such issues
- Partners with Marketing teams to develop creative and integrated programs to support product introductions, brand awareness and industry leadership
- Writes and/or edits information media such as: press releases, ad copies, speeches, reports, position papers, feature articles with related historical publicity materials and social media copies
- Establishes processes to manage and analyze information flow - including communications from the Company and coverage across multiple targets including print/online, broadcast and social media word of mouth
- Partners with public relations agencies to develop, solicit and place targeted communications and assets to secure key mentions
- Promotes key public initiatives internally
- Directs media relations programs to facilitate media briefings with key company spokespeople and provide appropriate interview training (including key messages) in advance
- Provides support to investor relations around key financial initiatives, including quarterly earnings reports
- Other duties as assigned or requested
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- Approximately five (5) to seven (7) years experience in Public Relations with an emphasis on Corporate versus Agency experience - QSR experience is beneficial
- BA or BS required, preferably in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications
- Significant experience in Media Relations and issues management, spokesperson training, special events and strong journalistic writing skills
- Experience developing and managing Charitable Giving, Community Relations and/or Corporate Social responsibility programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability with establishing structures and processes to plan effectively
- Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of business operations
- Corporate Office environment, occasional special events off site.
So. Cal. location.
- * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- If INTERESTED and QUALIFIED for this position, or if you know of someone who might be, please respond with Resume and recent Salary History to Jennifer Rosky
Indeed - 15 months ago
We specialize in positions related to the New Product Development, Marketing and Sales industries. Our dedicated, well-researched and...