Soluxe Energy Solutions partners with businesses, property owners, and real estate investment managers to identify integrated energy efficiency solutions that lower energy costs, enhance asset value and hedge against energy market fluctuations. Our expert team works with a diversity of for profit and not-for-profit clients to understand and evaluate the complex arena of energy alternatives so they can make intelligent and informed decisions in determining the optimal mix of energy efficient technologies to maximize savings and financial returns.
This position is a hybrid role and the candidate will need to have a strong background in mid scale commercial solar photovoltaic system development. The candidate will provide and technical, performance evaluation and cost estimating for commercial rooftop and ground mount PV systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with project managers during all phases of design, procurement and installation.
- Support sales team by conducting site evaluations and generating preliminary designs and proposal information. This includes developing conceptual designs that consider module placement, conduit routing and inverter locations and technology recommendations based on project site location, existing electrical system and geographic conditions.
- Develop, supervise, and/or review designs of commercial solar systems, including but not limited to the electrical, structural and mechanical aspects of the projects.
- Create multidisciplinary engineering designs which produce the associated details and construction documents necessary to direct the construction contractors and EPC partners permitting and approvals in accordance with applicable state building codes and incentive programs.
- Providing detailed cost analysis for proposed systems.
- Perform quality assurance checks on EPC partners.
- Technical liaison with EPC partners technical and development teams.
- Establish and maintain relationships with engineering services providers.
- Support business development activities and client interface, providing technical support for review/preparation of proposals. Provide technical direction to clients during startup, testing, PV system commissioning and performance monitoring. Provide technical support during Operations and Maintenance. Provide technical support for permitting and interconnection efforts with municipalities and utilities.
The successful candidate will be a highly articulate, well-organized and self-motivated who is able to follow projects from initiation to implementation through to execution with the ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and simplify steps necessary to reach a resolve. Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
- Two or more years experience designing PV systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience at top-in-class solar EPC.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or Engineer in Training (EIT), or ability to obtain same, preferred.
- NABCEP certification preferred.
- Candidate needs to have an understanding of solar systems and/or components. The list may include but is not limited to: photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear, revenue metering, data acquisition systems (SCADA) and related codes and standards.
- Strong understanding of New York State, Connecticut permitting, interconnection, net meter and incentive programs.
- Experience using AutoCAD or Google SketchUp.
- The ability to read blueprints and interpret site and roof plans, section, elevation, mounting and attachment system details.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous task.
- Expert in Microsoft Office
Indeed - 9 months ago