The HSE specialist is responsible for assisting in planning all jobs with safety as first consideration. He/she assists maintenance in prioritization of safety related work orders.
The HSE Specialist is responsible for the Safety/SEAHAWK team and associated processes. He/she will be responsible for minimizing impact of safety reportable’s. This must be accomplished by establishing trust of each individual and agency encountered.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates Deer Park Health and Safety activities to ensure compliance with with all applicable state and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assists Deer Park HSE Manager to provide leadership, systems and services necessary to:
- Operate safely and responsibly ensuring physical well-being of all employees and persons who enter the plant, maintain VPP Star Status, achieve annual HSE objectives.
- Provide direction for maintenance of Fire Protection systems to operations and maintenance. Provides coordination of joint Safety and Firecrew activities on our shared site.
- Participates with SA HSE Teams to perform Safety and IH audits of other Solvay companies and provides support to same companies upon SA request.
- Maintain compliance of existing environmental programs (wastewater, waste disposal, compliance requirements) by completion of responsibilities as outlined by the existing HSE procedures.
- Analyze reports to evaluate program effectiveness and budgetary needs to maintain compliance.
- Provide compliance support to plant personnel including the following:
- Regulatory and permit guidance regarding PHA's issues
- Assisting in the training of Plant personnel
- Interact with all appropriate community, industrial, local, state and federal agencies as well as corporate manufacturing, technical personnel.
- Provide expertise and actual H&S services to the Longview Washington plant as requested.
- Conduct routine safety audits and serve as liason with outside auditors
- Review and revise HSE procedures to ensure effectiveness and maintain compliance with VPP.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, environmental science, or related technical discipline
- or Associate Degree (2 yr) in Health, Safety or Environmental Field with Certified Safety Profesional (CSP) or OSHA Special Government Employee (SGE) certification. (If no CSP or SGE certification one or both must be obtained within one year of employment.)
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years plant-level experience with the following; Industrial hygine or safety experience.
- Practical experience and understanding of project management with emphasis on development, execution and tracking of project budgets and schedules.
- Experience and understanding managing contract support (i.e. safety and industrial hygine consuting firms) for maintaining complinace and license applications.
- Must be proficient with related PC based systems and programs (Excel, Word) SAP and Aspen experience a plus. Environmental experience a plus. Additional background in Production or Process helpful.
- Must have experience with OSHA regulations.
At Solvay, our vision for the future drives everything we do. We are inspired by the ambition to take part in the reshaping of our industry by building a sustainable and pioneering business with chemistry at its heart. Solvay offers a broad range of products that contribute to improving quality of life and its customer’s performance in markets such as consumer goods, construction, automotive, energy, water, environment and electronics.
Now, join us and be part of a world class team.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Join us, the people who ask more from chemistry. More than designing solutions for our customers, we are inventing a new model of...