Provide engineering support to the Marietta facility by identifying equipment reliability opportunities and implementing changes through a systematic process of data collection, failure analysis, and project implementation.
- Lead and participate in project design, specification, and commissioning to deliver the targeted reliability and maintainability of new and modified assets with respect to life-cycle costs.
- Develop, document, evaluate, and maintain facility and equipment maintenance strategies.
- Review, support, and improve preventative and predictive programs and practices.
- Analyze maintenance repair cost and equipment effectiveness (OEE) data to develop prioritized plans for reliability improvement projects.
- Provide technical support to maintenance during troubleshooting and repair of equipment and systems.
- Direct and complete analyses of equipment failures using 8-step problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Effectively document and communicate the findings of failure analyses to drive improved sustainability.
- Develop and maintain facility reliability procedures.
- Assist with the development and delivery of technical training in support of best practices.
- Adhere to all safety standards, policies, and procedures. Champion the Tenets of Operation.
- Participate with cross-functional groups in incident investigations and completion of corrective actions
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred, with experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment, chemicals or plastics preferred.
- Process and Technology knowledge and expertise
- Work-process and documentation advocate
- Conceptual & Analytical thinking
- Strong trouble shooting skills with a root-cause approach
- Ability to influence Change and realize innovation
- Effective Communication skills – written and spoken
At Solvay, our vision for the future drives everything we do. We are inspired by the ambition to take part in the reshaping of our industry by building a sustainable and pioneering business with chemistry at its heart. Solvay offers a broad range of products that contribute to improving quality of life and its customer’s performance in markets such as consumer goods, construction, automotive, energy, water, environment and electronics.
Now, join us and be part of a world class team.