Soma Intimates Employee Reviews

Good products but bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYOctober 12, 2017
Worked there for over a year and felt very under appreciated for the work I did. My manager was only for herself and proved to us that she didn't care for employees on a regular basis. Was belittled a few times and was made to seem like I was not good enough to work there. Not a good team environment, although the products are lovely and helping the customers find a perfect fit was the most enjoyable aspect.
Don't work at Soma
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 6, 2017
No job security or job advancement. They don't follow their own employee handbook and their onboarding process is tedious. Not user friendly and done on a notebook. No access to a regular desktop.

Dress code is black and white no accents colors. I had to purchase a new wardrobe. Not current with the intimate apparel fashion world.
Soma Intimates Quick Review
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Soma is a great place to work for a student or maybe a house mom who doesn't desire a big income, but just a little to go shopping. The overall business and products a great and the material feels fabulous. However, the pay rates are extremely low and with a high-demanding dress code. I would recommend this job because it is fun and a wonderful experience to see the smiles on customers face when they have the perfect fit. However, I would not recommend it because, other than the store discounts and some added perks, there should be at least dental insurance for the part-time associate.
Pros
Great buy in offers, and bonus pay out every pay period
Cons
No benifets for part-time and pay rate is low
good environment.
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 29, 2017
A typical day at work can usually run pretty smoothly,but can sometime become hectic when not all associates are on the same page and not willing to do their part.
The management team is pretty good and will work well with difficult schedules.
The hardest part of the job is working hard to reach your bonus status, and it can all be taken away with returns.
I enjoy getting to know people and having day to day conversations with them while helping fulfill their needs.
Educational and relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Relaxed environment and educational; wonderful people to work with; flexible hours; great quality merchandise to work with and handle; overall great part-time job
Pros
Associates discount; flexible hours
Cons
Low wages; no healthcare
Overall good work enviornment
Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Overall liked working with this company, easy going co-workers, flexible hours, pay could be a bit better but for the worked required it balances out.
Soma
Sales Lead, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 18, 2017
A great place to work. The management was awesome. She was willing to work with my schedule no matter what. I learned a lot from this job it is a great place to work and learn more.
Great Part-time Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Soma. They are careful about hours and employee benefits. You must be a great seller, and be comfortable with being around women changing.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 4, 2017
I worked as a sales associate for about a year. There was reasonable room for growth upwards and work was generally slow paced. Busy times were around Christmas but otherwise was manageable.
Soma Work Culture
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Great and friendly people to work with. For a sales associate, the hours do vary, mainly get 4-hour shifts. you do get paid the standard $8.50 per hour and commission. no benefits for sales associate and only managers are full time.
Pros
Get great discounts when new products come out and get to work with great people.
Cons
No benefits for sales associates and not enough hours
Positive environment, great store manager, poor pay
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Soma Intimates is a great first job or a job for those looking to pick up some extra cash. The work is usually laid-back aside from the occasional rush and allows you to get to know customers and work intimately with them. The biggest downside was the wage. The work is commission based and if you work during hours that are not busy, you do not make very much commission. Along with this, hours are competitive. A typical shift is between 4-6 hours long which is nice, however, there are typically only 2-3 people working during the shift which does not allow many people to be scheduled at once. This makes looking for someone to cover a shift difficult along with asking for more shifts because others need to be scheduled as well. The discount is nice and the products are high quality as well.
Pros
Discounts, product knowledge, laid back work environment
Cons
Scheduling and hourly wage are low
I enjoyed it!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 24, 2017
I worked here for several years and I honestly enjoyed it. I like sales which is a big part of it so if you aren't a people person this isn't the job for you. There is definitely advancement but you have to push for it.
Relatively fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 22, 2017
Your co-workers are probably the nicest people you have ever met.. for the most part. You do get discount on items and such. My experience was actually pretty great but there were a lot of things that needed to be changed. The pay, the very high turnover rate and the accountability of the manager.
Pros
employee discounts, great co-workers
Cons
upper mgmt holding store manager accountable, turnover rate
Fun place to work, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 15, 2017
The one thing I did not like was how the management trained you to push sales on customers. I think that you should only help customers with their desired needs and suggest things that they may like. This does not mean to suggest everything in the store to them and continue to push them after they say they are not interested.
Fun and always positive atmosphere
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
I love working at Soma..This location is at Cumberland mall but outside of the mall,which is a breeze cause we have a sense of privacy. Everyone gets along,management is great and will work around your everyday personal schedule to better accommodate you in anyway they can if possible..Great training and everyone is a team player
Pros
10min breaks, great scheduling, helpful resources in store, never feel alone
Cons
Pace is never the same
Productive and enjoyable to work there
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 3, 2017
Received new stock, replenished stock on the sales floor, greeted customers when they came in. I learned how to do bra fittings. I really enjoyed the management even now I'll stop by to say hello. I really enjoyed working for Soma. The hardest part of the job was the perfumes we had to spray in the store as I was allergic to them. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and helping all the customers who came in.
Pros
The employee discounts were great.
Cons
The perfumes we had to spray in the store.
Love
Seasonal Stocker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
I've been working at Soma for almost two years now and I still love it like I did when I first started. They company, DMs and SMs are really big on team work as well and making sure the customers are always happy when they are leaving the store.
Work culture and management
Sr. CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 1, 2017
For the years invested at Soma Intimates, the work culture became a roller coaster after new management. In addition, new hires became cut-throat partners instead of team players. Displaying a passive aggressive personalities, it became their best tool in order to get all the creative credit and make you less valuable to the brand.
Pros
Creative freedom and great product.
Cons
Competition, poor leadership, pointing fingers, uncertainty.
Friendly workers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here but i was only meant to work seasonal so i didnt get to enjoy it for long. It was a little far from home but worth a drive, i got a good discount on their clothing, they paid me weekly, the pay was nice, the hours could have been better, they have nice workers and really nice management as well, they are lack about lunch you can spend how ever long you want depending on how long you worked without on, it wasnt hard it was simple work and restocking and basic work, i would love to find a place like this again.
Pros
Nice workers
Cons
Bad hours
Mature Victoria secrets but with cute clothing still
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work as an intro for clothing retail, first store manager I was under was great and got promoted, trained with her for a few months than got moved up to key holder and was ready to move up again but a year of trained and learning the 4 best customer service keys we cared and than switch to the pet industry.
Pros
Ahead of the clothing season
Cons
Management changes quick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma Intimates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9