Soma Employee Reviews

Beauty starts with underneath
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 2, 2017
Making women or even men feel good about themselves in the smallest way makes all the difference to them. All in all you learn alot about yourself and others.
Pros
very flexible with my school schedule
Cons
I didn't move up the "chain"
Horrible management, little hours, competitive micro managing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 8, 2017
management was very unprofessional, gave hours to favorites. Very unfair and constant retaliation which led to hours being cut. There was always constant gossiping and management was very two-faced. Commission was availiable but people get competitive and greedy so sales are constantly being stolen. The sales weren't genuine. Pushed anything and said anything to make goal. Micro managed constantly and always treated un fairly. Training is very poor. You get sent out on the sales floor to fend for your self with minimal bra training, Managers included.
Pros
Flexibility, commission
Cons
Short breaks
Do not work here
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 4, 2017
Was lied to in the interview process. I was told that with the commission you make, you can easily make an ext 2-3 dollars an hour. You'd be lucky to make even 50 cents. All commission is based on how much you do an hour and when they put you in the back to do stock of the store is dead, that number drops significantly. Everyone tries to take sales from underneath you, even the manager. Not worth the time or effort.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, terrible pay, hostile environment
uplifting place to work.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 28, 2017
my manager made sure it was a place of positivity. loved the customers, felt like I was really helping them out. Would not have left if it hadn't been for an offering of a new job with much more pay.
Pros
great teammates, great products
Cons
Pay is pretty standard for retail.
Poor management at all levels, store to corporate
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 23, 2017
Local management always changing, corporate changing directives constantly, company appears to be doing poorly and try something different constantly to try to make it work.
The products are mostly wonderful but high priced for the area's population.
Pros
pretty good discounts
Cons
inconsistantcy and management turnover
wonderful associates and customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 13, 2017
great company to work for work life balance is part of the culture and the customers are professional and friendly
Management is very attuned to suggestions from employees and customers and the work schedule is great. Usually not over 40 hrs per week.
I only worked there for about 2 or 3 months
Cashier and sale associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company but I wasn't making enough for what I was doing. They weren't organized enough and they kind of refused to work with the schedule I had.
Pros
They loved me and said i have very good customer service.
Cons
The job description wasn't quite what it said it was going to be.
No Thank You
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2017
I loved my manager but I hate the company. They pay horrible yet expect you to work yourself to death. They don't care about you at all they just want you to do whatever they tell you to even when it is counter productive.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay, the company itself, cheap company
Worst place to work in memphis
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2017
I thought I was going to love this job when I first started and boy was I 100% wrong. Management is corrupt and evil. The store manager was always over working you while they just sat on their butt in the back acting like they were doing important things on the computer. Store manager would throw every other manager under the bus for the store under performing and would do nothing to help the performance of the store.
Pros
Love the product, company structured very well
Cons
Horrible management, No work life balance
Love It!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 23, 2017
I've worked there for almost a year now, and it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. I love the management there and the product, and the customers are generally really pleasant to work with. I just wish I could get paid more there.
lack of part-time hours
former associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 7, 2017
Greet customers, get customers to say yes to bra fits a must! sales quotas must meet to get hours..."Very unstable with hours can't count on them." Did not like the constant hounding from mangement to meet quotas! Not my style of selling:(
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of part-time hours! No Breaks!
horrible managment
Sales lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29206June 3, 2017
worst management I've ever seen! The job was very fulfilling, I enjoyed the environment and customers. I grew from my experience, and opportunity for advancement was good.
Management doesn't have your back and only cares about the bottom line.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
I got along mostly everyone. Management is all about the bottom line and you can few hours or tons if there is a crisis. Customers were mostly nice and it was a great feeling being able to fit a person with the right bra and make their day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2017
Loved working here, co-workers were nice, but not much communication between managers and associates, not enough hours. Shift leaders didn't know how to manage.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Communication
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2017
This was my first job ever and I could not be more happy with my decision. This job lead me to White House Black Market where I worked for 3 years. Being with Soma for 1 year was fun and a huge learning experience.
Pros
commission on sales
Cons
start of pay was low
Calm and respectable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 21, 2017
Everyday was a new experience with each customer. Our greetings were always warm and welcoming to anyone who walked in the store. I've learned how to stay calm even when a customer was not, as well as, learning how to upsell a customer in efforts to have them purchase more of our products. I really enjoyed every experience with my customers as well as my coworkers. I loved the atmosphere of the people I worked with, It made coming to work fun.
Pretty Boring
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2016
Super Corporate controlled company. Pretty boring. Typical Part- Time work. The best part was actually helping women find find bras that made them feel good about themselves.
Worst place to work.Ever.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for soma recently. And I have to say it's the worst experience I've had with a job. Don't get me wrong, I love helping the customers find exactly what they're looking for and most of the customers are very nice. But the pay for this job is beyond horrible. You are expected to be the best, do bra measurement, make daily goals, but you get paid less than 9an hour for all your hard work. Not really any bonuses because it is ALWAYS slow. Always. It's rare if we have more than 1 person in the store. Why? Everything is way over priced and coworkers are very pushy. Not to mention the coworkers will talk about you behind your back. Worst place I've ever worked. Very unprofessional work staff and even managers. It's like high school drama all over again.
Pros
Helping the amazing customers, making goals
Cons
Almost everything.
Good place to work as long as you have the proper management
Sales Lead/Intimates Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 31, 2016
Soma Intimates is a rapidly changing company, they have essentially rebranded themselves and in the process have made several changes within the hierarchy that is retail. Overall I would recommend this company, they often times honor good behavior and are open to upwards mobility.
Pros
Bonus system dependent on your SPH
Cons
Management is often selected based on who you know rather than merit
Beauty Begins Underneath
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work if you want to make a positive difference in peoples lives everyday and a great welcoming environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soma. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9