Purpose: To ensure compliant, effective and a smoothly run After-school and Tutoring programs, and assist in SAPA’s community outreach, network building and partnership building.
Scope: position covers two after school program centers, and tutoring programs at a school and community site as well as a mobile coordination of home-based tutoring. Responsible for day to day management and supervision of sites, with a heavy focus on student/family liaison (70%) with remainder (30%) time spent on reporting, monitoring, administrative and support related duties as described below. Program Officer will work closely with SAPA Program Director and SAPA Program Development Specialist.
-supervising, motivating, training of staff and volunteers, assist in maintaining human resource files on each staff person.
-ensure required documents are correct and on-site at all times.
responsible for collecting all required data for submission: coordinate, collect, compile and submit weekly and monthly Site Reports in required formats.
-will read, understand and implement the strategies and activities in the 21st CCLC grant and ensure that all center staff read and understand the strategies and activities to be implemented.
-responsible for planning/supervising center activities, organizing logistics, snacks, program materials and equipment, transportation, safety of program space.
-conducting student needs assessments and when appropriate conducting home visits to ensuring the successful day to day operation of the program and the needed student progress anticipated.
-form relationships with school faculty, existing after school programs and resources to secure and leverage partnerships required for overall center success.
-coordinate and submit program invoices.
-work with SAPA Administrative Assistant to input data into SAPA database on MDE and RAMPP programs.
-liaise with SAPA, Minneapolis Public Schools staff, charter schools’ staff, and families of tutoring and after school program participants
-communicate with SAPA Executive Director and Program Director on program needs.
-work with Program Director and Program Development Specialist on conducting program monitoring and evaluations on site.
-collaborate with SAPA Program Director on making quarterly progress reports.
-work with SAPA Youth and Community Outreach Specialist and SAPA Executive Director on partnership building and public relations.
Schedule negotiable: 25-40 hrs, 13-18 $/hr
Work will be in office and mobile.
Bachelor’s degree, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, highly organized with multi-tasking ability. Attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and work independently.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Program Director Brooke Barber at:
bbarber (at) mnsapa.org