Somerset Medical Center

Somerset Medical Center Employee Reviews

friendly staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Somerville, NJMarch 28, 2015
Pros: new facility
Cons: none
Very heartwarming work. The nurses and doctors are so pleasant to work with. Great advancement opportunities. Ability to take continuing education.
A PATIENT FOCUSED, FAMILY CENTERED CULTURE
MAGNET PROGRAM COORDINATOR, NURSING QUALITY & PI (Current Employee), Somerville, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful leadership development programs
Cons: workplace balance
A WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK, PROMOTES INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE THINKING TO EMPLOY NEW STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVES, GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT, GREAT COLLEAGUES WHO ARE VERY SUPPORT AND CARING, A WARM AND FRIENDLY CULTURE.
VALUES OF COMMITTMENT, UNITY, LEARNING, EMPATHY AND TRUST PALPABLE WITHIN THE CULTURE
fun and exciting
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee), SomervilleJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: too many chiefs, not enough indians
I really enjoyed working for Somerset Medical Center, they got rid of my boss and I started looking for other employment, should have stayed at Somerset Med Center. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians..there is nothing more to say about this company
loved working the floors in the hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Somerville, NJNovember 14, 2014
Pros: supervisors, patients and hospital employees along with great benefits
Being at Somerset Medical Center for the years I was there, I may not have known everyone's name but I certainly knew everyone's face and it was a pleasure working there
Nice Place to work, people are accomodating, staffs are very helpful
Clinical Care Tech (Former Employee), Somerville, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good place.
Cons: people are great to work with.
Nice place to work, Staff were good, they take good care the patients needs.
Challenging enviornment to work in.
ICU/CCU Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Somerville, NJJuly 2, 2014
I have worked in the critical care pavillion, rotating between ICU/CCU and IMCU units. This rotation allows for constant versatility and challenges. As noted on my resume, I have assumed the position of preceptor, charge nurse, and chairman of the critical care unit council committee.
Very lenient, fun work place.. Family oriented
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJune 15, 2014
Pros: fun environment, lenient management
Cons: lazy nurses, sometimes un organized
Loved working at smc. I was a patient care tech there for four years. Everyone was nice. A lot if lazy nurses but everyone was nice.
Good place to start off
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Somerville, NJJune 7, 2014
- see lots of interesting cases
- good workflow dynamics with coworkers
Nice organization
Employee (Current Employee), Care ManagementMay 26, 2014
Cons: the staff in care management is horrible. borderlines discrimatory behaviors to certain individuals
Director level management is not consistent nor supports lower management in day to day operations. Care Management, I would not recommend until a knowledgeable individual with clinical expertise at the director level is operating at the Director's level. The staff there is horrible and borderline a discrimatory behavior towards certain individuals.
Too many managers
Food Service Worker/ grill cook (Former Employee), Somerville, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: easy to get to
Cons: short breaks bad management
Worked there for a little over 18 months, in that time I've had 4 different managers! They all have they favorites.. Get in good with managers you are guaranteed to get hours if you don't then you're out of luck!
Great way to learn new things
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 20, 2014
I learned many different things while working on a Med/Surg unit in the hospital.
Great Hospial To Work At! Their suggestion to me to go to Medical Assistant School was very very motivating.
Housekeeping ER (Former Employee), Somerville, NJJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great benifits! and very helpful when i asked alot of medical questions. totally inspired me.
Cons: some times ran very low on cleaning supplies
Worked a daily shift of 5:30am to 3:00pm, every other weekend. By watching the nurese and doctors,I was inspired to enter the medical field. The management and my co-workers were wonderful. Very helpful and cooperative.
Good job, not my field
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee), Somerville, NJDecember 29, 2013
Pros: customer service skills, communication skills
Cons: not my field
This was a good job to have during my time in school. I had this job since I was in undergraduate, and I kept it until I graduated from my law school. I am looking for something in my field now, but this job gave me amazing communication skills, and the ability to speak to professionals such as doctors and nurses.
It is a good work place where chances to grow your career are high
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Somerville, NJDecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches for employee recognition in certain events like blood drive
Cons: no benefits because am per diem employee
Somerset Medical Center is a very good Hospital and a very good place to work.I enjoy team work here and continuous feed back from seniors and supervisors that help to perform our duties without errors.Its a good place where we learn something on daily basis.I really feel thet here we have excellent opportuinties to advace your education and creer too.
Great working place!
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee), Somerville, NJNovember 7, 2013
Performing general ultrasound .Assisting radiologist in procedures.
Reviewing cases with radiologist.
Good work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Somerville, NJOctober 28, 2013
Cons: no breaks on my particular floor on 3rd shift
Friendly co workers in a fast paced environment. Made learning the job duties easy in an extensive training program. Would recommend this company to fellow job seekers.
Nosy Co-Workers - Dyfunctional Department - Communications Operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Somerville, NJOctober 8, 2013
Cons: co workers -
The people were very nosy and intrusive - The communications department is worse than middle school - maybe other departments were wonderful - but working as a switchboard operator was equal to working as a porter - Horrible enviroment
Excellent hospital and team
Speech-Language Pathologist - Per Diem (Current Employee), Somerville, NJOctober 6, 2013
Flexible schedule, excellent management and supervision, great medical team approach for patient care, opportunity for educational growth and development
this was a great physician to work for
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Somerville, NJAugust 17, 2013
This office had a wonderful staff. The doctor was one of the best, cared greatly for his patients.
Worst place to work, not stability, not safe
Patient Care Technician & CNA (Former Employee), Somerville, NJJuly 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, not job security, terrible environment
I worked there for 8 years, in two differents positions, i went to school because I wanted to move forward as a Patient Care Tech,
Well, first it was a nightmare to transfer to a different Department, then because I started full time and had to change to part time because I couldn't take my class, forget it.... Never back to my old shift, I had to accept working nights. For two years.
I just going to put my review to the Director, Managers, that they NOT TREAT GOOD THEIR EMPLOYEES.
Aftet all these years working, and I had to go for a surgery, well guess what? they lay off me, because I didn't back to work the follow two weeks after my operation, full duties, even with a note from my doctor. So, now you have one idea what awaits you.
Try to back to work there? Forget it. NEVER AGAIN.
I think is time to CLEAN that place, because the Management that is now is workless.

1 2 3