Somerset Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Nice workplace back then. Not sure about now since takeover.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed working here as an SMC employee for 14 years. Nice, safe place to work. Rating of CEO, was former CEO getting the hospital into sanctions by his thoughtless and careless decision making.
Pros
The other staff and camaraderie
Cons
Laid off due to former CEO closing my Dept
interesting place to work in
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 29, 2016
coworkers varied from cranky to experienced and upbeat; warm caring personalities, management supportive; low acuity, not for the adrenaline junkie
Wonderful staff
PCT/CCT (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMarch 17, 2016
I really enjoyed working with RWJ. The staff is friendly and provided great customer service. It's never a routine day at work. The fast pace and working under pressure motivate me to work harder.
Pros
Job security
Busy call center
HELP DESK ANALYST/COMPUTER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Assisted in log in issues, assigning tickets to the technicians. I was the 1st point of contact and worked in a department with 4 other technicians.
Learned everything i know about the medical field
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJNovember 5, 2015
Submitting claims Electronically and hard copy to insurance companies. Worked old age A/R on claims that were incorrectly processed. The hardest part of job was none being there for 23 years it came natural. The most enjoyable about the job was it became family.
Pros
It was close to home and i loved my job
Cons
I was laid off
IT job made difficult run by non IT management
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 18, 2015
Typical support of end user's PC equipment as well as troubleshooting of software issues. Configuration and roll out of new hardware.
Pros
Co-workers and employees were great to work with
Cons
IT Management had little IT experience and would not take advice from techs
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant, Residency Program (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJApril 22, 2015
Days are busy, co-workers are nice, there is always lots of work to be done. I would recommend the place because of the people.
friendly staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMarch 28, 2015
Very heartwarming work. The nurses and doctors are so pleasant to work with. Great advancement opportunities. Ability to take continuing education.
Pros
new facility
Cons
A patient focused, family centered culture
MAGNET PROGRAM COORDINATOR, NURSING QUALITY & PI (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 26, 2015
A wonderful place to work, promotes innovative and creative thinking to employ new strategies for improvement initiatives, great opportunities for leadership development, great colleagues who are very support and caring, a warm and friendly culture.
Values of committment, unity, learning, empathy and trust palpable within the culture
Pros
wonderful leadership development programs
Cons
workplace balance
fun and exciting
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  SomervilleJanuary 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Somerset Medical Center, they got rid of my boss and I started looking for other employment, should have stayed at Somerset Med Center. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians..there is nothing more to say about this company
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians
loved working the floors in the hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJNovember 14, 2014
Being at Somerset Medical Center for the years I was there, I may not have known everyone's name but I certainly knew everyone's face and it was a pleasure working there
Pros
supervisors, patients and hospital employees along with great benefits
Nice Place to work, people are accomodating, staffs are very helpful
Clinical Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 16, 2014
Nice place to work, Staff were good, they take good care the patients needs.
Pros
good place.
Cons
people are great to work with.
Challenging enviornment to work in.
ICU/CCU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 2, 2014
I have worked in the critical care pavillion, rotating between ICU/CCU and IMCU units. This rotation allows for constant versatility and challenges. As noted on my resume, I have assumed the position of preceptor, charge nurse, and chairman of the critical care unit council committee.
Very lenient, fun work place.. Family oriented
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 15, 2014
Loved working at smc. I was a patient care tech there for four years. Everyone was nice. A lot if lazy nurses but everyone was nice.
Pros
fun environment, lenient management
Cons
lazy nurses, sometimes un organized
Good place to start off
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 7, 2014
- see lots of interesting cases
- good workflow dynamics with coworkers
Nice organization
Employee (Current Employee) –  Care ManagementMay 26, 2014
Director level management is not consistent nor supports lower management in day to day operations. Care Management, I would not recommend until a knowledgeable individual with clinical expertise at the director level is operating at the Director's level. The staff there is horrible and borderline a discrimatory behavior towards certain individuals.
Cons
the staff in care management is horrible. borderlines discrimatory behaviors to certain individuals
Too many managers
Food Service Worker/ grill cook (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMarch 19, 2014
Worked there for a little over 18 months, in that time I've had 4 different managers! They all have they favorites.. Get in good with managers you are guaranteed to get hours if you don't then you're out of luck!
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
short breaks bad management
Great way to learn new things
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 20, 2014
I learned many different things while working on a Med/Surg unit in the hospital.
Great Hospial To Work At! Their suggestion to me to go to Medical Assistant School was very very motivating.
Housekeeping ER (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 2, 2014
Worked a daily shift of 5:30am to 3:00pm, every other weekend. By watching the nurese and doctors,I was inspired to enter the medical field. The management and my co-workers were wonderful. Very helpful and cooperative.
Pros
great benifits! and very helpful when i asked alot of medical questions. totally inspired me.
Cons
some times ran very low on cleaning supplies
Good job, not my field
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJDecember 29, 2013
This was a good job to have during my time in school. I had this job since I was in undergraduate, and I kept it until I graduated from my law school. I am looking for something in my field now, but this job gave me amazing communication skills, and the ability to speak to professionals such as doctors and nurses.
Pros
customer service skills, communication skills
Cons
not my field