Somerset Medical Center Employee Reviews

friendly staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJMarch 28, 2015
Very heartwarming work. The nurses and doctors are so pleasant to work with. Great advancement opportunities. Ability to take continuing education.
Pros
new facility
I honestly disagree...
Nurses assistant (Former Employee) –  NjSeptember 3, 2012
I worked at SMC and I'd have to say I disagree w/ all the other reviews. If you talk to anyone that works there 80% are not happy. This is one of those hospitals where theres to many chiefs and not enough Indians. The higher ups like to make there own policies and do not follow the ones that are in place. Patient ratios for nurses assistants as well as RN's can be atrocious on the floors it's just not a good work environment. Go ahead and ask one of the nurses about the magnet status. They'll laugh... Because well... It's laughable... Oh... And they pay the lowest I've seen anywhere in NJ! I met alot of good people there and thats all that I got out of my employment there, alot of awsome friends. I wouldn't work here again if it was the last hospital standing.
Pros
good group of people
Cons
just about everything else
loved working the floors in the hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJNovember 14, 2014
Being at Somerset Medical Center for the years I was there, I may not have known everyone's name but I certainly knew everyone's face and it was a pleasure working there
Pros
supervisors, patients and hospital employees along with great benefits
Very lenient, fun work place.. Family oriented
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 15, 2014
Loved working at smc. I was a patient care tech there for four years. Everyone was nice. A lot if lazy nurses but everyone was nice.
Pros
Fun environment, lenient management
Cons
Lazy nurses, sometimes un organized
Excellent hospital and team
Speech-Language Pathologist - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 6, 2013
Flexible schedule, excellent management and supervision, great medical team approach for patient care, opportunity for educational growth and development
management heavy
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 4, 2013
When I started in 1873 through the 50's possibly the 90's it felt like family , afterward it was management generated
Pros
6 week vacation
Cons
not enough time to complete job
Good to work with
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 28, 2012
Nice environment with good co-workers.Met alot of guys from all over the world with different cultures and stuffs like that.
somerset medical
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  somerville,njFebruary 25, 2012
great staff, great benefits, good food in the caferia.. you will love it
Great place to learn compasion and strong skills of customer services under pressure .
Office coordinator Ryan white Clinic (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 20, 2012
This job offered great opportunities of moving up to challenging positions. Personally feel that working at hospital was an extraordinary experience....
Good job, not my field
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJDecember 29, 2013
This was a good job to have during my time in school. I had this job since I was in undergraduate, and I kept it until I graduated from my law school. I am looking for something in my field now, but this job gave me amazing communication skills, and the ability to speak to professionals such as doctors and nurses.
Pros
Customer service skills, communication skills
Cons
Not my field
fun and exciting
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  SomervilleJanuary 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Somerset Medical Center, they got rid of my boss and I started looking for other employment, should have stayed at Somerset Med Center. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians..there is nothing more to say about this company
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians
Excellent place to work
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerville NJAugust 29, 2012
Starte with opening mail and identifying what needed to be done with each peice of mail. Answered phones handled on the spot medical records request. Trained all new employees for the Release of Information Area. Co Workers were very pleasant to work with.
Pros
flexable with work hours if needed. no weekends
Cons
non
Nosy Co-Workers - Dyfunctional Department - Communications Operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 8, 2013
The people were very nosy and intrusive - The communications department is worse than middle school - maybe other departments were wonderful - but working as a switchboard operator was equal to working as a porter - Horrible enviroment
Pros
Cons
Co Workers -
productive, clean and friendly environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville,njApril 5, 2012
Somerset Medical Center has been my best nursing job so far. I'm very happy there. Everyone welcomed me there with open arms and the staff on every floor of the hospital are wonderful. I would recommend Somerset Medical Center as a great place to work for anyone who is interested.
Pros
free ceu's
i love working with people, im fun to be with people, especially i love to help people in needs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 25, 2012
working at somerset medical center are very comfortable, all employees and employer are warm,very nice and helpful.
Pros
free health insurance when you became full time
Cons
short breaks
Challenging work place where no day is ever the same
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 23, 2012
355 bed stand alone hospital in central New Jersey serving the community at large. One of the more technologically advanced hospitals in New Jersey. Outstanding customer service just check the Press Gainey scores.
Pros
people, teamwork, upward mobility
Cons
lack of cross training
Challenging enviornment to work in.
ICU/CCU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 2, 2014
I have worked in the critical care pavillion, rotating between ICU/CCU and IMCU units. This rotation allows for constant versatility and challenges. As noted on my resume, I have assumed the position of preceptor, charge nurse, and chairman of the critical care unit council committee.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant, Residency Program (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJApril 22, 2015
Days are busy, co-workers are nice, there is always lots of work to be done. I would recommend the place because of the people.
Horrible place to work
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Somerville njOctober 17, 2012
The worst place I ever worked. The nurses in the E.R. and especially the O.R. were the nastiest ones I have ever worked with .Everything is rush, rush ,rush with no concern about patient care or safety.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
too many to list
Helping patients and doctors to make a difference in someones health/life. Words can not explain.
Radiology Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 10, 2013
Somerset is a great place to work. it stands up to its values.
Pros
A world wide range of education.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Somerset Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Somerset Medical Center Reviews by Location