Somerville Public Schools

Somerville Public Schools Employer Reviews

Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Somerville MAMay 1, 2013
Pros: woman who assigns duties is very accommodating and sincere. out by 2:30
Cons: pay is mediocre at best and have to be up by 6:00 am every day so you do not miss the call.
Honestly a day really depends which school and age group that you work with. Some kids are challenging while others are super sweet- as with any school district.
It's a stable job opportunity
Technology Specialist/ Trainer (Current Employee), Somerville, maMarch 8, 2013
Pros: you get your own office
Cons: not much opportunity for growth.
I've worked at SPS for almost 3 years as a full-timer. Before being hired as full-time, I was a part-time as a tech as well. It is a fast paced environment at times. I learned a lot as a technician and feel that I have reached most of all its opportunities. It is why, I am out to seek other employment opportunities. It is a 8-4, mon-fri type of job, – more... which is absolutlely great. – less
Culturally diverse working environment
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Somerville, MAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: on-call
Cons: on-call
What I like the most and what I like the least about being a substitute teacher goes hand in hand. I work with a different grade and/or school every day. Although I truly enjoy working with all grade levels, I am looking to dance to a consistent rhythm and/or beat. I am needing more consistency in my work day.