Sona MedSpa Employee Reviews in United States

The NP, the RN, the LPN/LVN are treated the same
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2015
Even though you have free laser hair your co workers are usually so busy that no one wants to stay after to treat you and you're not showed to treat yourself. They work you until you're literally in pain and even then they make you keep working unless you have a doctor's note. It is like working at a Sorority. The admin vs clinical. Pay is not worth all of the drama that you must endure unless you're a LPN/LVN I hear that they are paid really well compared to other places. The insurance is horrible, very high deductible and monthly payments for a single but even worse if you have a family. No room for growth in the clinical aspect. I have never worked in an office where the Admin showed such blatant disrespect for its nursing staff. They have a unattainable bonus system and if you do bonus admin gets larger bonuses than those who are actually doing the work. Sales consultants (part of the Admin) make promises to clients that cannot be delivered and the the clinical staff has to hear the complaints and deal with the mess that they created. I hear the North Carolina offices are way easier to work at but the Houston Offices have too much drama and disrespect for the clinical staff. All in all it's a great way to get into Aesthetics but most will end up paying to get out their contract. The contract is the only way the trap people into staying but what they fail to realize is that happiness and peace is priceless!
Pros
Free Laser Hair Removal, Some of the Clients
Cons
The schedule, Disrespect towards nurses, Management, Super busy, Horrible insurance, will make sign a contract
Not a place I would ever suggest.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 1, 2015
I loved helping people feel better about the way they looked. I loved helping them become more confident, so in the long run, they could obtain their dreams.

I did not like management. It is a sweep everything under the rug until there is a blame, and than blame the person who doesn't fit quite in, even if they are a great team player. On top of everything, everyone talks bad about everyone.
Pros
Free treatments. That is really about it.
Cons
Hostile work place environment
The Houston Regional Manager, & The managers that report directly to her manage like they are incharge of a Sorority.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  HoustonOctober 10, 2014
All the positions are somewhat entry level in terms of paperwork processing. Some one straight out of High school would do well. Being a people person, that gets customer service, having the willingness to go the extra mile and knowing how to turn a client interaction into a win-win is what determines your ability to be halfway be successful. The other half would be determined by the Mean girl mentality of those that manage, if you are up for the games that you may have played in high school you will do well. I don't believe corporate is aware of what is going on in the Houston centers, or no one of substance wants to rock the boat while working there and the pay it not worth staying around for to fight and make a difference for those that are bullied until let go and someone else comes in to go through the same thing. They some how manage to bring on some quality people, but they push them out or they quit once they realize what's going on. The service they provide is wonderful, Their pricing is fair but the Management staff makes it a horrible place to come to everyday.
Pros
the people you meet that comes for service, some of the employees, the freebies of treatment.
Cons
management.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Consultant/Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2014
Consulted with prospective patients about our services. Gave them knowledge to determine if they wanted to proceed with our services. I also worked up front checking patients in and out for their services and scheduling their next appointment. I was in charge of selling additonal services at checkout and letting them know our current promotions. I created their charts, filed and pulled the charts and confirmed all appointments.

Management was invovled daily in all communication and even did sales if needed. The hardest part of my job there was when people really wanted to do the service but couldn't afford it. The most enjoyable was seeing patients complete treatments and seeing them purchase something else because they were so satisfied.

I learned alot about health and wellness working there and balance. I learned to organize my day in the beginning and check things off as I go in order to get everything done efficiently.
Pros
fun environment, very busy
Cons
schedule, customer uncertainty
sona
Regional Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2014
Fun job but long hours. No health benefits. Not a lot of room for advancing. Very small company. We are all like a family.
Great
Head Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 20, 2013
This job was excellent! Loved my co-workers, and getting to know the patients. The owners drove the business into the ground. Unfortunate.
Great Place To Work!!!!
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 11, 2012
I have been at Sona MedSpa of Brentwood for 2 years. Awesome place to work with great people!
Exceptional
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 2, 2012
Sona is more then just a job for me. It is the first place I have worked that truly respects the individuals they hire and value their opinion. This is not a typical Corporate set up, the CEO's are very much involved and always available for you to speak with. The Company is structured to have open lines of communication between all employees. There is 100% job security as the longevity of the company speaks for itself. They like to promote from within so there is always room for advancement. The compensation is exceptional. Not only does the dollar amount hold value but it teaches you about being your absolute best and always pushing to better then yesterday. Sona is made up of a group of people who are not satisfied with being average but who only want to be the best!
Pros
team/family environment, compensation, personal development, free treatments
Why I work for Sona...
Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateMarch 21, 2012
Making clients feel their best is always rewarding, that is why I have been with the company for 6 years!
Pros
bonus program
Cons
one late evening a week and every other saturday
Great team atmosphere
Associate Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2012
Working at Sona MedSpa is exciting and challenging. It is a fast paced work environment with a great team atmosphere. With the company being mainly female employees, I feel, as a woman, I can excel in position and have the encouragement of other women along the way. The company measures performance closely but offers every resource I need to do my job well. Plus, excellent performance is rewarded through a bonus program.
Pros
supportive management, bonus program, benefits, work with a great team
Cons
can be stressful
Almost 5yrs at Sona and I'm still in my honeymoon period!
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 20, 2012
I've worked for Sona medspa for almost 5 years and I'm still loving everyday! There never a dull moment as a Center manager and everyday is different so it keeps the day from becoming mundane. I came from a Business to business environment and was afraid of making such a huge change- I've never looked back. The company provides us with the leads so no cold calls and the cosmetic industry is where its at. The pay is very rewarding, bonus has no caps, and your salary is what you make it based on your performance. The company is excellent to work for and the business is steady growing.
Pros
great pay, no cap on your bonus potential, great benefits, no cold calls..
Management at Northwest location is lacking, noone takes responsibility for their actions. No overall leadership
Sr. Skin Consultant/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2012
Very micromanaged position. It is very challenging selling the products, but the overall work environment is not up to par. Everyone plays the BLAME GAME and there is NO supervision!!
Pros
n/a
Cons
leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sona MedSpa. Our community is ready to answer.