Sonepar USA is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. We are a member of the Sonepar group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has seen dramatic growth over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar USA has 13 companies operating over 400 branches throughout the United States.
Sonepar USA provides our operating companies with corporate support, to help them make decisions every day based on their regional needs. Leveraging our strong global resource base, but retaining our family-oriented values and local autonomy, this structure allows us to always focus on the customer – our first priority.
As a member of the Sonepar USA Application Development team, the Business Systems Analysts will study the overall business and information needs of an organization in order to develop solutions to business and related technology problems. Essential Duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Work as a key member of an application design team to help develop systems used improve Sonepar USA business processes
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business system solutions and user needs
- Perform systems analysis of complex cross functional business processes and define integrated requirements
- Facilitate meetings with user groups, customers, and stakeholders to gather and analyze workflow and user requirements.
- Facilitate cross-functional development and support with other technical teams
- Evaluate existing or proposed systems, define functional system specifications, and write program specifications.
- Define and coordinate related development of business system interfaces
- Provide system maintenance support for existing business systems
- Identify and recommend technical infrastructure components
- Provide daily support to business users for applications deployed within Sonepar USA
- Execute the following deliverables: Process Maps; Data Flow Diagrams; Requirements Specifications; Functional Design & configuration; Use Case Scenarios; and Acceptance Testing
Work Experience Requirements:
- Training in Systems Analysis and Design
- 4+ years of professional experience in business systems analysis, including requirements definition and design and test phases of a project
- Experience across multiple projects in at least 1 full project life cycle
- Demonstrated delivery of artifacts for each project phase and link to the business value created with the process improvement
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Exposure to project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of the electrical distribution industry is preferable
- eCommerce project experience a plus
- Working knowledge of the following development technologies a plus:
IBM Websphere Commerce, Java, JSP, HTML/Java Script/CSS; Microsoft .Net Technologies; Web Services; ESB Technology; Responsive Design Principles;
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Sonepar USA is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D