Sonepar USA is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. We are a member of the Sonepar group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has seen dramatic growth over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar USA has 13 companies operating over 400 branches throughout the United States.
Sonepar USA provides our operating companies with corporate support, to help them make decisions every day based on their regional needs. Leveraging our strong global resource base, but retaining our family-oriented values and local autonomy, this structure allows us to always focus on the customer – our first priority.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide tactical technical leadership and support.
- Provide System Administration support to Windows 2000/2003/2008, running both physically and virtually.
- Provide System Administration support to Unix/Linux, running both physically and virtually.
- Participate in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
- Serve as primary technical contact as projects are assigned.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues on a team level.
- Stay current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Responsible for ongoing daily management of configuration and maintenance of the server infrastructure.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to the environment including, but not limited to, new system delivery, preventative maintenance, and change request fulfillment.
- Performs necessary daily tasks in accordance with Sonepar Management US, Inc.’s change management policies.
- Provide analysis of environment and best practice knowledge transfer.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for the following areas: Active Directory, server storage usage and server networking.
- Provides ITIL Process Planning as applicable.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Generate detailed support documentation.
- Plan, design and implement server based solutions, in a cost effective manner.
- Integrate Windows server solutions by working effectively with stakeholders with relation to storage, server, network, Active Directory, databases and other operating systems.
- Perform filesystems maintenance and data migrations.
- Capacity Planning.
- Hardware and Software Lifecycle Management.
- Proactive Infrastructure Management.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Work with internal product and third party vendors to resolve issues.
- Support ERP system and related application products.
Education, prior work experience, special skills, knowledge:
- 5 to 10 years hands-on experience in an enterprise level Server environment including Windows, UNIX and Cisco.
- Strong consultative skills at a cross functional level.
- Proficiency in EMC hardware, EMC software and operating systems.
- Possesses strong product, technology and IT industry knowledge.
- MUST have extremely strong Microsoft systems skills.
- Must know and/or be certified (or working on cert) in Vmware 5.0 – 5.1
- Good working knowledge of Cisco UCS 2.x server environment
- Able to take user requirements and translate into a IT project plan and execute plan.
- Knowledge of EMC storage.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, OU’s, and script execution, windows shares and DFS.
- Strong knowledge/experience in Group Policy Administration.
- Above average knowledge of Powershell.
- Proficiency with Cisco switches and networking concepts.
- Intermediate backup and disaster recovery in an enterprise environment, preferably EMC Networker.
- Work with the OS Support teams to resolve any O/S, hardware, or network based issues.
- Exchange 2010 administration.
- EMC SourceOne administration.
- EMC Celerra or vNX administration.
- Strong knowledge of Vmware vSphere administration within a Cisco Unified Computing System environment.
- Proficiency in Windows 2008 Active Directory and servers.
- Familiarity with auditing tools for Active Directory and servers.
- Familiarity with enterprise management tools.
- Expert knowledge of Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Very good communication skills. Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand problems and create a remediation process.
- The ability to train others.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Sonepar USA is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Sonepar USA is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. We are a member of the Sonepar group, the...