Sonepar USA is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. We are a member of the Sonepar group, the world’s largest privately-held electrical distributor. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has seen dramatic growth over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar USA has 17 companies operating over 420 branches throughout the United States. Sonepar USA provides our operating companies with corporate support, to help them make decisions every day based on their regional needs. Leveraging our strong global resource base, but retaining our family-oriented values and local autonomy, this structure allows us to always focus on the customer – our first priority.
Local Service and quality products where you need it!
Sonepar USA continues its growth in the key markets our customers expect. From Maine to Miami, Providence to Portland, Sonepar USA is the fastest growing distributorship in the USA. Not a chain, but a network of distributors delivering the finest service and highest quality electrical products available.
We are currently searching for a Websphere Commerce Architect to join our team.
As a member of the Sonepar USA Application Development team, essential Duties include, but are not limited, to:
- Will mentor other developers and share knowledge to improve processes and coding approaches
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to commerce implementation.
- Assist in creation of technical requirement specifications for ecommerce solutions.
- Provide inputs and direction to senior developers on the team for design and implementation.
- Define and recommend coding quality standards and participate in code reviews.
- Define best practices to manage performance and scalability of the ecommerce solution
- Recommend fix packs and feature packs to support continuing growth of custom and built in feature offerings
- Recommend approach to performance improvement and proper use of built in caching mechanisms in Websphere.
- Define and recommend search engine optimization approach as supported by Websphere
- Understand WCS platform source code and be able to recommend extensions to the product code to meet custom requirements
- Recommend or review customizations to IBM Management Center and\or Accelerator
- Individuals in this role are also expected to have deep knowledge of the product architecture, its internal capabilities, extension points, and support complex activities including scalable architecture definition, performance tuning, application integration design, migration strategies, etc.
- 10+ Years of overall IT Experience
- 8+ years experience of architecture, installation, administration, and troubleshooting Websphere Application Server ND v6.x, v7.x environments
- 4+ years experience of architecture, administration, and troubleshooting Websphere Commerce Server v6.x, x7.x environments
- Demonstrated experience in Websphere Commerce Version 7.x required
- Strong communication (verbal and written), time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to understand business operations/processes and translation of them into technical solutions
- Mobile app development experience preferred.
- Familiarity with wholesale distribution/B2B ecommerce area a plus
- Procurement system (SciQuest, Ariba etc) integration experience a plus.
- Translate client requirements into technical designs, design schemas using the features of WCS.
- Experience with the following tools/languages:
- Websphere Commerce Toolkit
- Websphere Commerce Accelerator
- Websphere Commerce Management Center
- Websphere Commerce Build and Deployment Tool
- Java/J2EE, RAD, WSAD, JSP Taglibs, Oracle 10g/11g
- XML/XSD/SDO/Web Services
- Websphere Search/SOLR/Lucene
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Sonepar is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 11 months ago
Sonepar USA is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. We are a member of the Sonepar group, the...