Sonesta Employee Reviews

No room to grow
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2018
If you’re looking for a company to grow with then look elsewhere. They have poor management and show favoritism in all departments. Housekeeping value the agency workers better than the one employed by sonesta. Management in room service is truly bad. There’s one specific manager that had at least 3-4 agents fired and resigned. Nothing has been. The company itself is great but management itself is bad. It is very stressful working there. You are overworked and not paid enough for all the task assigned. I would not recommend this place to anyone until they start making changes which I don’t think will happen.
Pros
Great benefits
Very Bad Work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2017
The Experince Was Terrible ...Sonesta Baltimore Habor Court Wouldn’t Suggest Working In Housking Deparment For Anyone Even If You a Just Need The Money .. Very Stressful Place With Little To No Reconigtion & Bad Pay ..
cut-throat
Restaurant Chef (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCOctober 25, 2017
Very poor management. 12-14 hr days, the executive chef had little abition to work with staff. TThe HR department is about the worst I have ever experienced.
Pros
high quality products
Cons
poor management and lack of advancement
Great Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2017
This job was great, the only thing was business was slow. I was not able to make ends meet with wage and tips. Management was supportive and friendly.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
low wage and tips
Nice place to wrk
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Really good environment friendly people some days was hard but there was always someone to help you through it always someone to help you answer any questions you have.
We are a thriving business on the rise, super friendly and the workers get free food
Hotel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 24, 2017
On a typical day at work I walk in, anticipating what the work day is going to be like, busey, smooth, etc. Every day is different, unexpected and just a reminder of what I was already taught from my previous jobs, and life itself, which is patience and integrity. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving problems, because that's when the guest really smile. The workplace culture is diverse, management is pretty fair with handing out duties, and considerate when creating the schedules. As far as a tough job goes, I would say that this is a pretty smooth one.
No room for workers who want to make a difference
Lead Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 1, 2017
Terrible management, did not get ANY support from my supervisor. Complete control freaks who appeal to their "friends." When trying to improve the quality and puncuality of work I would always get shut down. I was never able to make changes in my department even as a lead employee. Was never compensated for being bilingual or as lead employee. Our hourly wage did not amount to the merchandise we were responsible for or the demands. I would get chewed out for being a minute over 40 hours. We would get blind sided by trucks because our supervisor would not keep us up to date even though we would have preferred shift meetings about absolutely nothing related to our department. Favoritism at an all time high. & When trying to make work life easier by explaining to HR what I felt was wrong with my department, they called me into the office with my supervisor and said that they are sending a request to corporate for termination or I could just quit now. The people that are supposed to hear you out and assess each situation, then make a fair and professional decision that will better the company we're only cooperating with those they were "friends"with. Apparently, they are only looking out for their friends and not the company itself. I loved working there but it was a constant headache dealing with certain persons. I love the job itself though, I love the environment of the hotel industry. If the HR department was honest & just with making changes to improve the company I would've loved every second of it. But there is no room for strong willed and ambitious people in Sonesta.  more... If you plan on working in the same department at the very same position and making a 7 cent raise every year for about 30 years then this is the place for you. Good luck.  less
Pros
Free meals, fast paced, lots of great people to meet and so much to learm
Cons
Shady HR department, no room for growth, favoritism, very low wages
Productive and fun work please!!!
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2017
I have 5 years experience in hotel industry, so I chose Sonesta Philadelphia to take more experience, I can do room attendant, I can work flexible shift , weekends and holidays
Pros
Free lunch ect
Cons
Health care, short breaks
productive enviornment
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2017
Hotel tends to care about the well being of its employees. Provides discounted parking and free meals and often participates in charity work involving everyone
Very fun work environment
Recreation and leisure (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 24, 2016
Best job i have ever had over the summer co workers are really nice helpful i just enjoyed it allot. Despite the hot the sun working out on the pool deck i never had any problems with anyone else or the guest around me, i learned how to use my social skills better than before and co workers plus guest would respond back with a delightful comment. I was just happy to go to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Don't
kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2015
Low pay...no raises...no opportunities to advance...hotel needs updating...service elevators broken many times...management is not positive..no parking
Pros
free meal
Cons
Bad managment..have to pay for parking, cost up to $60 a week
Do not work here They do not value their employees especially housekeeping staff.
House Attendant / Housemen (Former Employee) –  Tucson,AzOctober 19, 2015
I would never recommend anyone to go work at this hotel. Low pay and mistreatment.

Management is horrible. Maintenance manager wants to tell housekeeping staff what to do and how to do their jobs. So since when did Maintenance manager become Housekeeping Manager.

I would never go back to this job if it was the last job on earth.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, No advancement, Horrible management
its decent
Customer Service/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 2, 2015
I work there and love most the people I work with. The people are nice and dedicate to making sure the customers are taken care of.
great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
love every thing about this place would love to back.I learned a lot
management was very nice, co-workers work as a team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no helathcare
Poor.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2012
Managment was not good,Working therewas not good at all,Good moments at times,But less importance.