Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 6,812 reviews matching the search
Productive fun fast going
Car hop /sever (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
It was good for most part had two GM while I was there first one great didn't care as much for my second Manger but under my Gmail all my other mangers where great and was always learning new stuff and was fast going hard working fun place to work over all
very fun and entergetic
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 26, 2017
The management is very unstable. Managers will curse and yell at you in a playful way. Tips are super good and hours are great. Very rocky job but I enjoyed myself there. One of the best jobs.
Pros
tips and customers
Cons
managent
Good experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILJune 26, 2017
I generally did not enjoy working in fast food, although the time did go by quicker because we were usually busy. I also did not like smelling like grease every time I got off work.
Too many young people in management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Silver City, NMJune 26, 2017
Mostly I find that Sonic is primarily designed for teenagers, and young people. The management positions are often handed to undeserving teenagers. Benefits and job security are barely enough to legally squeak by.
Pros
50% employee discount, food handling is done as safely as possible, and often a fun environment
Cons
No breaks, minimal benefits/job security
Most petty stressful place I've ever worked at
General Manger/Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNJune 26, 2017
I would not ever refer anyone to go get a job here. Nobody wants to do their jobs or there are 3 or 4 people calling in every day. the most stressful part of working there was the owner coming in or even calling on the phone. You could not make him happy.
Pros
minimum wage plus tips
Cons
terrible work environment
Easy summer job
Carhop (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
I worked the night shift Tuesday - Saturday and loved it. I needed a job while I was in town for the summer, and Sonic worked with me well. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people i worked with. We would have good attitudes when going into work which helped.
Overall good experience with good people.
Frozen/Fountain (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJune 26, 2017
Working at Sonic Drive-In in Mocksville, NC has been a good experience, I have met a lot of good people. The pay is minimum wage which is not to bad for my first job.
produtive
Crew (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2017
The work place at sonic was nice and well kept. The people that also worked there were friendly and nice to be around. I liked working there. i would highly recommend people to work there.
productive and fun work space
Sonic Crew member (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNJune 26, 2017
this place is family friendly and a great place to work. it has equal opportunity to move up the ladder. they will ensure that you are prepared to succeed in the company
Great management; Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  2463 sheridan BlvdJune 26, 2017
Working for this company was nice great people. I learned how to be a great manger; learned quite a bit about food safety. The management above me was awesome aside from their new district manager. The over workplace was awesome, people from all back rounds working together and everything always running smooth and fun. the hardest place about this job was when we lost our general manager, having to take over his responsibilities and trying to balance time with my daughter was rough. The best thing about working there was the people. I made so many good friends and met old friends the joy of working with all those people was the best part of it.
Pros
free meals; great benefits; great management; amazing co-workers
Cons
Poor district managers; lack of communication from corporate
fast pace and organized work place
takes food to customer and collects money (Current Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAJune 26, 2017
Sonic Drive in as a car hop we handle the money, by getting the money from customers once the food is brought out. The hardest part of the job is the extremely fast past you have to walk once it's busy.
Pros
free drinks and slushes
Cons
No breaks
good starter job.
Management of crew and trainees (Former Employee) –  Benton, TNJune 26, 2017
good starter job. great people. depending on location you have potential to move up... can make decent money if you work enough hours. would suggest for the younger generation .
Nice workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LAJune 26, 2017
Needs new management. It would have been a good workplace if the manager would really manage. Some of the Co-workers did not know their schedule & they were confused.
Great first job.
Carhop/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAJune 26, 2017
Worked here as my first job ever and loved it. Its very fast paced and keeps you on your toes. Isn't too hard of a job to learn either. Making drinks and ice cream all day can get a little messy but its not hard.
Pros
Half priced food, very fast paced, easy to learn
Cons
Little to no breaks, hours depend on your progress, messy!
short term
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2017
it was only temporary job short term position.. i learned mainly of food preparation. i was disappointed i was not able to have a long term position but thankful for the experience
Pros
experience
Cons
short term
Hardwork as a team
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSJune 26, 2017
I will come in at 5:00 p.m. and work dinner rush. Starting the closing process. Happy smiles and team work makes the job easy. The hardest part is not knowing how busy it will get but enjoying who you work with will make the night go steady. Everybody works hard make good moods.
Pros
Advancing in management
Cons
Holidays you have to work
Decent first job
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed it briefly. Once I learned and knew how to do everything by myself though it got overwhelming. I was such a good worker so they overworked me. It became too much to deal with. I found school to be more important so I left.
Pros
money
Cons
bad management, short staffed
Good 1st job if not in management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 25, 2017
The store is very clean. It is fast food so it can get busy very fast and you have to keep up. The store manager at this location runs the store well but is not good at hiring.
Pros
tips
Cons
no break unless working double shift
A job to get me through high school
Car Hop (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 25, 2017
Sonic was a fun place to be for the most part. I loved being able to multi task successfully. I learned how to serve people fully. The culture was not serious. Management was harsh, and lazy.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Only received a break if you smoked
The worst place I've ever had the misfortune of working.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  East Bernard, TXJune 25, 2017
After eight months of being paid $6.00 hourly and having my hours either cut or working thirteen days with no day off, after horrendous management and almost no possibility of advancement, I can truly say I recommend this job to no one.
Cons
No benefits, poor work conditions, horrible pay rate, awful management, consistent drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7