Sonic Drive-In
2,995 reviews

Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Fun!
Carhop (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 28, 2015
The management is great, the workers are great, plenty of opportunities to grow. it is fast paced but that is expected, and yo have to be prepared to go in the heat or the cold.
Great coworkers
Car Hop (Former Employee), Show Low, AZJuly 28, 2015
I really liked how everything we did relied on each employee to do there part. The management was slightly ridiculous. Very biased and corrupt.
Great place and fun to work at as well as the people you work with
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch is you worked more than 8 hours
Cons: no breaks
loved the environment, great workers and fast pace place. Management is great and a lot of learning. Easy to make tips and easy to learn the steps of becoming a carhop.
Terrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Parma, OHJuly 28, 2015
Cons: Constant clocking in and out when slow, gossipy coworkers, bad management, Terrible district manager
I have had a few jobs over the years due to moving and this was by far the worst. The workers were nice but gossipy. The management was by far the WORST i have encountered. Most of the managers where about 20 and no offense but way to young to properly manage a company. I also had several money problems there with my draw coming up short, when i had no previous problems or any problems since i left. The establishment cuts many corners and there were so many days were we ran out of a lot of stuff. I even had a customer yell at me because we were out of everything she ordered. I think that Corperate need to shut them down and reopen with a completely new staff, run preferably not by a bunch of high school teens!
poor
Car Hop (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short breaks
the manager does not care about his workers at all. he pushes the food out any kind of way and makes us takes short breaks. The hardest part is not getting the proper training needed.
Sonic
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company; however they are too strict when it comes to customer complaints. My first and only complaint got me terminated.
How I Feel....
Carhop (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Tips and you meet people
Cons: Work Schedule isnt set
Its okay. Its definitely fast paced. You get tips and whatnot, but its really hard to know what time you are done with work, and hard to see your family because you dont have a set time on when you work.
not such a fun work environment
Carhop (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSJuly 26, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace work environment but some workers weren't always doing their job. Catching on to learning wasn't hard. I enjoyed greeting new customers and satisfying them with their orders.
Too much drama.
Carhop (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 26, 2015
At both stores I worked at, there was so much drama. A lot of he-said-she-said stuff. Most managers I worked with did not care much about the "lower" employees.
I had a manager tell me that they were not required to fix the AC, in the middle of summer when it was 116 with the heat index outside.
DAY
MANAGER (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2015
LONG FAST DAYS PRODUCTIVE VERY FAST DRIVE THRU NEED TO HIRE BETTER PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO WORK FOR THEIR CASH AND DONT MIND HELPING OTHERS
Productive place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lenlock, ALJuly 24, 2015
I enjoy my job at Sonic. I enjoy taking care of the customers and making sure my employees take care of the customer. The hardest part of the job is it not having a consistent work schedule, therefore I can't make plans to spend time with my children.
fun
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Lumberton, NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: customers, learning
Cons: not enough hours
It was great working in the pharmacy. I got to learn so much from my superiors, and have fun at the same time. I always interacted with the customers everyday.
fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Star City, ARJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: discount on food purchase
taking care of customers
I learned how to
I learned to manage 15 employees
me and my co-workers have a good relationship
Is keeping the employees and manager happy at same time
When we have served all the customers and we have a little spare time just to relax for a quick second
Great place to work if you are a carhop
Carhop crew leader (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Fun and week's vacation
Cons: sometimes bad management
Sonics depend on where you work.
My Sonic was great, very flexible work schedules while in college.
Pay was minimum but you do receive tips (if you are a carhop).

They offer a week vacation after being employed for 1 year.
not fun and bad pay and hours
Fountain Girl (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Working at Sonic was not fun at all. I was treated badly by younger employees. I was disrespected and put down on several occasions.
cook
cook (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 23, 2015
 Maintained processing of orders on the fountain drink and ice cream stations
 Stocked and maintained supplies on all stations and storage rooms
Sonic Drive-In
Car Hop (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Tips
Learned how to manage money better and better people skills. Didn't really enjoy working for this company do to the fact that they refused to work with my school schedule making things very difficult for me being I needed a job and money to pay my bills.
my time working as a car hot at sonic
car hop (Former Employee), peoria illinoisJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at sonic I would have to make drinks take orders ,serve food, and always make sure my work area was. No matter the situation I was always calm and friendly. Each of us had a job and even after I was done with my job I would always ask anyone needed help with theirs. One of the hardest part was in the beginning learning how to take the orders but once I got it down I was ready to start.
fun and busy workplace
Car Hop (Former Employee), Tucumcari, NMJuly 22, 2015
Pros: you got good tips
Cons: it wasn't fun to carhop in the snow or rain
Working at sonic was a lot of fun, I learned how to make several different drinks and ice creams. My boss was hard on me but not ever mean about it. I loved to work the drive threw because it was a challenge to make the drinks as fast and as good as you can.
Fast, fun fast food!!
Car-Hop (Former Employee), Sonic-Drive in Mckinney, TXJuly 21, 2015
A typical day on the job included, washing hands every 20 minutes. Take orders over the speaker, scanned complete orders and deliver to appropriate customer. I learned to work as a team and help out where help was needed. The management was excellent, we as employees were treated well, the food and quality of the product was always fresh. The hardest part of my job was being away from my husband who was deployed at the time. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of my job.

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more

Sonic Drive-In Salaries