Sonic Drive-In
1,994 reviews

Sonic Drive-In Employer Reviews

Decent First Job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2014
I have enjoyed this job since 2012, it was my first job, but now it's time to move on & find something better for me & my family. The management is pretty well ran, I have no complaints. The hardest part would be sometimes working without any help. I do enjoy my coworkers & the opportunity to serve customer's.
Negative work envorment
Carhop (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no discount or free lunch, very short breaks
The managers would come in at the same time so there would be no manager there sometimes. The communication between the assistant manager (which was their daughter) and the managers sucked. The co-workers were extremely rude. I did not enjoy working at all. The place was filthy and disgusting. I do not recommend anyone to work here.
fun place to work and great co-workers
Cook (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2014
food prep, cooking, taking orders from screen and producing product, fast-paced
unorganized!! horrible training!!
carhop (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: it's work and a pay check
Cons: no benefits, no recognition, no raises, horrible training.
I've worked sonic for years and hardly had any raises. The training is horrible and they hire anyone! I would not work here again, ever. I've only had one great boss who was awesome but sadly she had to leave to open her own store which she deserved, and the manager we go stuck with was ridiculous. His whole store including him should be fired and new – more... fresh faces should be hired. – less
Sonic Drive-In
Car Hop (Former Employee), Republic, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: discounted food, free drinks
Cons: stressful, small work space
If you're looking for a job that is very stressful and low pay(depending on if you're a cook or carhop) then this is for you, There are good days and there are bad, But mostly bad.
The management is not very good when it comes to doing their job.
Fast food what else to expect.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Prescott, ARJuly 1, 2014
Go to work cook, clean, help others out, and go home. Management was always up and down everyday. Co-workers were nice and helpful. Hardest part of this job is catching up on all of the new things coming out.
really fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 1, 2014
Be a hard worker do the best you can put your all into it I had a blast working for sonic. I quit because I moved back to California
fun but productive place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Lexington, OKJune 30, 2014
Pros: understanding caring work enviroment.
Cons: drama and attitude
I did my best and the management was very understanding for the family problems I was having at the time.
I learned speed and attention to detail of orders.
Good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Park City, KSJune 29, 2014
I took orders, made food/drinks, delivered orders. I prepared deposits nightly. Cleaned the store. Stocked paper items.
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2014
great place to work when learning the food industry, its also a good place to work and get a great workout on the skates as a car hop! i enjoyed it.
Great summer job
Car Hop (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYJune 27, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: grumpy customers
I worked at this particular location a long time ago. Then it was a fun after school job.
very upbeat and fun
Carhop (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
this job is and will always be in my top 2 i loved the staff, environment, and the customers.
eh.
Cook, Fast Food (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2014
not much to say the new manager was racist............................................................................
Great first job for teenagers
Carhop (Former Employee), Whitesboro, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: half off food when working
Cons: immaturity level of some managers
Learning the switchboard and up-selling new items on the menu, not very stressful with the right co-workers
Cook
Cool (Former Employee), Collierville TNJune 25, 2014
I worked at Sonic continuously for 4 years while attending high school and the first year of college (only in the summer though). I liked the people that I worked with at Sonic; however, I wouldn't ever want to work as a cook again. Let's just say it gave me an appreciation for going to school to further my education and chances of a good job.
Fun workplace with amazing life experiance
Skating Carhop (Former Employee), Monroeville, ALJune 24, 2014
Pros: social expansion
Cons: not much of a discount
Everyday my managers and co workers opened their arms to me and made me feel respected and as a valued member of the crew. I learned flexibility and the importance or a positive attitude. The hardest part was listening through the head piece to take orders. My favorite part of the day was generally making my customers and crew smile.
Never again
Cook / Dishwasher (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: discounted food.
Cons: everything thing else.
Sonic was ok wen i started. but as the month of December went by i started working less and less and less and less. and it got o the point to were i was only working for less than 1 hour at a time.
Hectic place to work, but flexible hours.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: half off food, flexible hours.
Cons: no steady mananger, confused schedualing.
I liked working at Sonic for a while but realized not all of my skills were being utilized.
A productive place
Carhop (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJune 23, 2014
Working at Sonic was fun yet was horrible on my legs because I was on skates the whole time. I learned how to talk to people and work with rude co-workers. The management was good. My co-workers were a mix of good and bad. The hardest part of the job was being on skates for a long time. The best part of the job was the people I've met.
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member/Cook/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJune 23, 2014
Pros: half price lunch, great crew and manager
Cons: no breaks, hot in building
I didn't really have a typical day at work. I usually did something different, anything from cooking to cleaning and stocking, running drive thru and handling money or making drinks and ice cream. I learned that hard work does pay off and its worth it to put all your effort into your job. The management team was a little rocky at times but my general – more... manager was always awesome. My co-workers changed every few months but each group had their own pros and cons. The hardest part of the job was that it was in Arizona heat and it got really hot in the building. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I just loved my job and everything I did. – less

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more