Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Great job for students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 16, 2017
A typical day was fast-paced, busy and stressful. The facilities are small and cramped with several employees. I learned patience and excellent cash-handling experience. Management was inconsistent and always changing. The culture is fun. The hardest part of the job was working in tight spaces with multiple employees. I enjoyed making tips and interacting with regular customers day to day.
A day in the life at sonic
Cheney Hwy- Crew/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 16, 2017
Worst management and really hate working in a place where someone could talk so low of someone who is trying their hardest. There really wasn't a day that went by that I didn't see roaches.
Cons
Fast paced workplace with limited benefits.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me arriving at 5 am to perform beginning of day preparations. On certain days I received shipment and stored product accordingly. Enjoyed meeting new people and dealing with friendly customers. Management had fair amount of experience but turnover rate is very high. Healthcare and direct deposit available.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management, limited compensation, high work demand
Neat place to work.
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 15, 2017
I liked being a car hop and the tips were very nice. Most of the staff were lovely people. I had a very flexible schedule. I wish we got breaks but it was overall easy to work there.
Pros
Tips!
Cons
No breaks, a lot of walking.
Working at Sonic
Buda - Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Buda, TXOctober 15, 2017
Sonic Drive-In is a good job for those looking for their first job, now as a carhop you won't make much but if you put in the effort and time you can still make it. Furthermore, the managers are understanding and are flexible with any schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Typical Day
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2017
Clock in , get everything ready for the day prep fruits, fill ice bins, restock and cups or lids that need to be restocked. Turn all lights on exactly at 6am make bags take orders and take food out to customer. Happy hour is the most stressful of all busy from 2pm-4pm all drinks are 1/2 off!
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
No benifits
Store manager
Store Manager/Working Partner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2017
Over worked, underpaid. Had to manage young inexperienced people. Fast food environment. Early mornings and late nights. Usually as a store manager, you are required to work way more than the company requirements.
Pros
Great health care and benefits
Cons
inexperienced employees
Fun workplace for a starting job
CAR HOP (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 15, 2017
Sonic was a great starting job. Perfect for people in H.S or just graduated. I learned customer service and money managing as well as how to work quick and accurate in a stressful environment.
Pros
Discounts on food, lots of open shifts
Cons
short breaks, no paid vacation
poor wages
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Holden, MOOctober 15, 2017
I was just a teenager when i worked at sonic but even then the pay was not that great because the more you made the less hours you were allowed to work
Sonic is not the best first job that I had good experience with they are low standard.
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coweta, OKOctober 15, 2017
A typical day at work is really stressful. I have learned nothing because their training is not helpful. management is not that good sometimes they do not know how to communicate with their shift leaders or their staff.
Job atmosphere
Assistant Manager/GM (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 15, 2017
Quick paced at first very friendly and welcoming place the business was great when I started there years ago now it’s taken a turn for the worst. Lack of hours every location is just about unprofessional and I have worked at 3 different locations. If you to progress in life this is not the job for you
I loved working here. I would work for any Sonics.
Skating Carhop (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2017
I loved working as a skating carhop. I got on average 40 dollars in tips a day, and i worked at least 5 days a week. I would return to any Sonics as a skating carhop if offered.
stressful
Drive-thru Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 14, 2017
Its was fast, fun, and a good learning experiance. Had hard days but thats how it is working in a fast food restaurant what do you expect. wouldn't mind working there again
very busy and fast paced
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Yellville, AROctober 14, 2017
it waas hard to keep up with all the customers sometimes but it was a fun jo to have. the coworkers were fun to work with and very helpful. sometimes customers would be difficult to deal with
Very stressful
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Houston, MSOctober 14, 2017
On any typical day you can expect to be exhausted from dealing with customers and being on your feet all day. The sonic i worked in was very cramped, which made our jobs harder.
nice coworkers
Fountain Worker (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 14, 2017
I learned how to mix drinks no matter how bizarre the request. the managers were alright, but there was one who I feel worked there for far too long, and there was another one who didn't seem to do much.
Pros
half off discount on meals
Cons
long stressful hours
Fast past
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  605 S plano RdOctober 14, 2017
Sonic was my first job. I started working there when I was in high school. I would never work there again the job is stressful and low pay. This is not a job you turn into a career it but it was a good first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over worked and low pay
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLOctober 14, 2017
I was a cook and it was fun most of the time when I needed off for my son to be born they were very understanding and allowed me to take time my wife had to have surgery to have him
Pros
50% off food
Busy
Food prep/order taker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, arOctober 13, 2017
Good place to work, Busy work and can learn a lot. Love taking care of the customers and making them happy. Not to mention the sonic happy hour that everyone loves
Okay place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 13, 2017
Fast pace some days dead other somedays i learned how to make sonic food not much else to say about this place. Hardest part about this place is keeping up with all the orders
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No opertede

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7