Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 6,429 reviews matching the search
This place sucked
Car Hopper (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 24, 2017
It was my first job, everyone just expected me to know what i needed to do and i had no clue. The people were not nice and managers didn't even try to help
Sonic is a fun place to work
Cashier/Car Hop (Former Employee) –  Evans, COMay 24, 2017
The work environment is very fast paced. Customers can sometimes be very difficult to work for especially if you are dealing with their food. The management has always been really good. All in all a fun place to work.
Don't work at sonic
Cook / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brownfield, TXMay 24, 2017
There is not much to say about working at sonic. It is a fast food restaurant, so it is pretty much the same as another fast food place.

You have childish employees and childish management that spend to much time playing around then get stressed when they get behind.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Childish management
A good starter
Cook (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMay 24, 2017
Its a good job to have when you are first starting. Nothing special about it, just another fast food restaurant. I was treated fairly and the manager rewarded us if we did well.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Short breaks, Big rushes
Fun and exciting with room for advancement
Sonic Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSMay 24, 2017
I started as a carhop and moved my way to management. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all crew were on the same page and working towards the same goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was the music that was played.
Pros
Free drinks and food as management.
Cons
No breaks for management team.
Car-Hop
CAR HOP (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 24, 2017
This was the first job I had where I learned to multitask. As a car-hop I had to take orders, serve others, while on skates. I learned how to move at a fast pace, as well as try to stay accurate in serving orders.
Sonic drive in
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2017
Good place to alarm wish it was more pay. Good is great. No discount. No employee meals. Manage reason rude no room for advancement. They need to offer benefits.
long timer ago
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMay 24, 2017
I would like to stop wasting time on this reviews and apply for the job i want please. Stop putting this here. terry r grey tr tr stodgy erg mfr afghan
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gassville, ARMay 24, 2017
Great establishment with great learners and team members. Great environment with regular hours and competitive pay rates. An overall great and fun place to work at.
Sonic
Sonic Drive In (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMay 24, 2017
I loved working there it was hard at times but I would work through it. I learned that at times when its hard all you got to do is keep you're chin up. The hardest thing was when we would be in a big rush and things got crazy. The most enjoyable part would definitely be talking to the customers and helping them. I am a peoples person.
Fast paced environment and decent hours.
Carhop/Fountain (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXMay 24, 2017
Management was biased but tips are good and hours were halfway decent, a good summertime job, but nothing to make a career out of. Good starter job for the younger crowd.
Pros
Keep tips, get brakes
Cons
Part time hours, low pay.
Loved the job did not like management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 24, 2017
The job was great however the management team was horrible. The leadership would not team everyone with respect. They allowed their employees to do drug while on the clock and made everyone else pick up the slack for managements friends who did nothing.
Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 24, 2017
Do the job asked, and make money. Not difficult for a first job. Happy Hour can be busy but doesn't last long makes the day go faster. Great Starting Job
Cons
Not the best wages
Employment at Sonic
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNMay 24, 2017
My time at Sonic allowed me to continue to learn about the restaurant industry. Even though i was not there a extended amount of time i enjoyed the environment i was in and the people i worked with.
Pros
Employees are treated with respect
Cons
No long-tern advancement opportunities.
working experience was okay.
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
overall sonic was a great place to work. They provided flexible hours and great benefits. But, other individuals that worked along side me turned it into a bad environment which led to me putting my two weeks.
Pros
Benefits, hours.
Cons
Work place environment, other individuals would harass me and turned a good working environment into a bad one.
Cool place at first didnt get along with management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARMay 24, 2017
Good food service is okay but the management is sorry they do not care about there employees that's one of the reasons I quit. Plus it was too far from home
the pay is good because of the tips but it can get hetic
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 23, 2017
overall i think sonic is a good job for someone still in high school or in college mainly because when i first started there i was in high school and it helped keep some extra money in my pocket. its a very upbeat place to work because everything is so fast past and being a carhop definitely helps you stay on top of things since you have to give change of the top of your head
fast paced and fun place to work
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Houston, MSMay 23, 2017
Great for your teenager in school. Fast paced with competitive "sonic games" every year. However it is tipped pay so it's not a job to live off of. Hours are very flexible and management was great. Half off employee discount on one meal a working day.
sketchy
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 23, 2017
In my experience Sonic is not concerned about the quality of their food or employees they are only interested in making money. Sonic will serve food no matter how bad it was prepared and they will not be genuine with their customers. Sonic managers will put on a fake smile to get the customers out the door having spent money, not worrying about if their experience was good.
Pros
free food while working
Cons
sloppy, unclean
Very fun experience working here
Car Hop serving food, making shakes and drinks (Former Employee) –  Milford, CT 06460May 23, 2017
I loved working here I was a carhop it was always active and you learn all the cool shake recipes. Everyone is so nice and like family there. It was my first and best job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7