Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,358 reviews matching the search
great job!!
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 12, 2016
Loved working here. Great Atmosphere. loved the management team. Very flexible with hours. Very busy job
Energetic work place
Car Hop (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my time there. It is a great place to work with amazing management. It was very up beat and fast paced work.
Productive fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 12, 2016
Cooking with people its a good fun job not a career job i can see it for a retirement or a person thats in school
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks
love the company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJuly 12, 2016
The management at this location is not flexible with a work to home life balance.

but the company is an awesome company to work for.

all my co-workers were amazing!
Fun job regular customers high stress busy hours
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nrh TXJuly 12, 2016
Tips vary, but the managers and customers are so nice. Have to pick up extra chores and such as night crew never does all their stuff. High stress and always changing.
Pros
Cash tips
Cons
Expensive healthcare, High stress
Dealing With Fast Food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSJuly 11, 2016
This job was definitely one to remember. It was a different setting and I had to adjust to it. n=None the less, I liked the job. My managers and co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
worst job place ever!
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Groesbeck, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work was always unorganized. The manager did not care about her and job and was hardly ever there. My co-workers were always goofing around and doing drug deals in the parking lot. The hardest part of my job was putting up with the drama of everyone I worked with.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Horrible management
Great place to start
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
Sonic was a great place to start. I was able to become the face of the company for our customers when I when I started out and worked my way up so I was able to encourage my employees to also have the positive attitude and the determination I did. In my years working for Sonic I learned that it is very important to make sure you have a smile on, a smile in contagious in just about every situation. I enjoyed working for Sonic because it taught me how to manage upset customers and find out the right ways to make them happy. The hardest part of the job was when I became manager. When you are responsible for others it can sometimes be hard to have the outcome you wish for yourself. I stuck it out and worked with my employees and tried to make it a fun and productive environment. The most enjoyable part about this job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
There were free lunches sometimes.
Cons
There were not healthcare benefits.
A fun workplace, good for 1st job
Carhop/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILJuly 11, 2016
Anybody could be a carhop or a team member for Sonic. As a carhop, you carhop customer's orders to their stall. Also, having a fast pace throughout work is needed. Stay hydrating through the hot days makes everything easier.
Pros
Good food, discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Good Management Building
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
Good place to start building management skills. With work schedule balancing family and work is a little hard, but for the most part it is doable. I would recommend for people without kids.
The people I worked with made it all worthwhile
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 11, 2016
While the other management had a lot they could have improved on, the other employees and the positive environment was always refreshing to walk into every day. The general manager degraded everyone on a personal level and didn't seem to care about advancing anyone up, even if they pushed the desire and were more than deserving of the position.
fast turn around
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 11, 2016
Depending on management staff upper management within effects the staff's ability to work unfair treatment to many clicks not what you know but more of who you know
Fast-paced
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKJuly 11, 2016
YOU DO NOT WALK!!!!! YOU RUN! It is a very fun job. You get to talk to a lot people. It can be frustrating at times.. But I really enjoyed it.
usually busy or too slow. when it was busy the workers would get tense
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 10, 2016
sonic is a very fast pace moving job when it was happy hour. when it was very slow there was literally nothing else to do but clean clean clean.
Pros
i got a fair amount of hours and made good amount of money in my paycheck.
Cons
i wanted to get paid more. i wanted something more earlier in the day, being that i am in college.
Terrible management
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MOJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at sonic is talking to 200 customers a day and 100 of them being really angry or mad. A lot of the times the cooks wouldn't get the orders right which caused the carhops to get yelled at. It's a good thing I can keep a clear head and remain positive when a customer is upset because I had many cases while working there. I learned how to make a lot of different ice creams and drinks and also how the drive through works. Sonic also helped me a lot with counting back change from the top of my head. The management was terrible a lot of drug use and profound language on the job. Not only my co workers but even the managers half did everything and did not care about the customers feelings or the job itself it was just a way to make money. I found myself frustrated many times because my co workers would never work their shifts, called in, or showed up late causing me to have to take every shift. The hardest part of the job was when I first got hired in the winter and it was freezing and we had to run the food out with short sleeves on. The most enjoyable part for me was making drinks. I loved the action of it and time always seemed to fly by when I was at that station.
Pros
money. free drinks
Cons
management, advancement
productive and a great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 9, 2016
sonic is a good place to work,the people are very friendly always get a smile on your face at all times and being a manager was a learning experience for me.
Good entry-level job
Skating Carhop (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 9, 2016
A typical workday began at 5pm and lasted until 2 or 3am, depending on cleanup required. From 5 until 8 the pace of work was fairly slow, but at 8 milkshakes became half-price, and from there the pace of work was extremely fast. This was a good first job in that it covered many bases of experience, including customer service and interaction, phone skills, and food prep. Management was poor and largely absent, leaving the low-level employees to solve most problems that arose. My co-workers were a high-point, and were almost universally nice people. The hardest part of the job was attempting to operate almost without management, and keeping up with the high pace of work and low number of employees (an attempt by the owner to save himself money). The most enjoyable part of the job was most certainly the inline skating, but I also enjoyed much of the customer interaction.
Pros
Half-off one non-ice cream item per day, free fountain beverages
Cons
Short or no breaks, long hours, made under minimum wage, not paid for extensive overtime
What you'd expect from fast food
Switchboard Operator, Fountain (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at Sonic is probably what you'd expect from most fast food places. Taking orders, making food, and serving the food. Sometimes things get hectic, though, but things are mostly manageable.

The people there were honestly the best part of working there. We had a lot of fun on the job and the managers were great.
had event days
crew member (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, OKJuly 8, 2016
liked the people that i worked with but the boss is two faced will lie lie lie just to help herself she has methods that dont work she is cheap everything in the store is falling apart pieces that were broke for months before i started never got new equipment had employees fixing the items to use them. we only clean if an adit is coming its nasty but i got along with everyone really nice but a lot of stuff going on a lot of drama. to worried about themselves then the store they are running.
Great for a first time job or someone in school
Carhop/Crew leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2016
Good money if you work hard. Pretty easy work. Lots of walking/running. I would definitely recommend this job.
Pretty good food, and lots of desserts are always a plus too!

2.7