Sonic Drive-In
2,778 reviews

Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
It was fun at first it was my very first job so I was desperate for anything nothing was hard about the job, the managers were not professional and would focus more on relationships than work
Fun work environment, high stress times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fun, easy-going atmosphere; easy to be promoted
Cons: High employee turn-over rate, low wages
Overall Sonic is a good place to work. Fast paced at times, but with a good crew the time there can be fun. Hardest part of the job was the lunch and dinner rushes, especially when short-handed. Best part was the fun atmosphere. Customers were away from the employees, so it allowed the crew to be more open when communicating.
Great First Job
Cashier, Grill Cook, Waiter (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILApril 30, 2015
Great start out job. Many ways to move up in the business if you put the time in. Asks for dedicated handwork and late nights.
it was ok
Car Hop/Cashier (Former Employee), West Columbia, TXApril 30, 2015
liked it for one of my second jobs but it just didnt fit me but hey it was a job at the time but the people here were good people they just had there picks out of all of us workers and different ones didnt treat us all the same...
It was a fun place to work, but also challenging at times.
Carhop (Former Employee), Searcy, ARApril 30, 2015
Pros: I recieved half price meals.
Cons: Sometimes the breaks were short, but I really didn't mind it.
My typical day would start off pretty slow, but then lunch time or happy hour would come fast. When this happened everyone was moving so fast. I learned how to get things done efficiently, and at a fast past. I loved everyone that I worked with we were like a team, and we all worked together to get our orders out. I think the most challenging part of the job is getting every order out in a certain time when we were short on staff. The most enjoyable part of the job to me would be the interaction with the customers, and employees.
It is a fast food job so don't expect much
Carhop (Former Employee), Fayette, ALApril 29, 2015
Pros: Discount on food and sometimes free food. Getting paid minimum wage and tips on top of that.
Cons: Hardly any breaks, stupid general manager, rude customers
I was a carhop so my day was mainly taking out orders, making drinks, and helping in the kitchen if needed. I learned a lot about customer service and being very speedy. It also helped with my math skills when people used cash more often. My assistant manager was pretty good but my GM was a douchbag. He only cared about keeping his hair looking like Superman and bossing everyone around. Co-workers are fairly good but they like to gossip. Hardest part of the job was management insulting you and customers blaming me for how bad their food tasting(even though I didn't make it). The most enjoyable part of the job was making minimum wage and tips.
very poductive and a fun work place
car hop (Former Employee), Columbus, MSApril 28, 2015
Pros: five percent off on food
Cons: short breaks, no given off time.
I enjoyed all the people that I worked with, everyone was kind and respectful. But I am still in high school and I do have to go to school on week days, I am only 16 and I am also in band. With me being in band I would have to have Fridays off for football games and my manger did not like that. Also, he would work me past curfew on school nights. It got to where I would close at least 4 times in a week and it was affecting my grades because I wouldn't get home until 12:30 am. Besides that, the managers wouldn't give you a set off time, and back then I did not have my own car and my mom and friends would have to pick me up and they would never know when I got off because I didn't know either. I could go in at 5pm and get off at 8:00,9:00,10:36, 11:22, or close at 12 am.. Your shift was over when the manager working that night said you could go. It became to hard on me, and I had to quit because my education comes first.
fast paced and fun place to work
Carhop/Crew member (Current Employee), sierra vista, AZApril 28, 2015
Pros: fun
Sonic was a fun place to work. The people were nice and I became great friends with everyone there. On a typical day i will perform all the duties up front while taking out orders and providing great customer service.
Great atmosphere
Crew/Manager (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARApril 28, 2015
Sonic is an awesome job, you can make a lot of money car hopping and the managers are very nice. The job itself was exciting you got to meet new people everyday.
Nice Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Urbana, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, Good food, Friendly people
Cons: No warning when stores close
I loved working at this job. The staff and management was friendly. I was able to advance up the ranks pretty quickly and the compensation was decent. The only thing wrong is the district manager decided to close our store with no reasoning as to why or any notice. Only some employees were able to be transferred to other sonics. The rest of them lost their jobs immediately and many had families.
Sonic
Carhop/Fountain (Current Employee), Coalgate, OKApril 28, 2015
Pros: Half off on food. free medium drink.
Cons: no health benefits, sometimes not that many hours.
I have learned to work well with others and I have bettered my communication skills a lot. My co-workers love working with m and we help each other as much as we can throughout the day. The job is pretty easy you just have to know how to communicate with each other. The most enjoyable part is just chatting with each other and seeing that all of our customers are happy before they leave our lot.
The management was not what you would expect.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: It was an easy place to work.
Cons: Management was terrible.
I didn't have any issues with actually working for this company, however the management was never what one would expect from such a company. Our district manager was never around and almost never answered his phone as well as several of the general managers. They had no problems with cursing and being rude to the employees and they never wanted to help when the stores were in need of extra help.
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 27, 2015
Pros: seeing smiles on customers faces
Cons: pay
A typical day was never the same at this job. Customer service was the number one priority. I learned quite a bit here. I learned how to multitask, satisfy all my customers, handle paperwork, deposits, and inventory. I was part of the management team. Most of the management was very productive. It is important to work together, and unfortunately here that was not always the case. The co-workers for the most part were great people and great to work with. However, you have the teenage kids working there that think since it was fast food it was a simple way to get a paycheck. However, that is not the case. The hardest part of the job was having everyone including management on the same page. The most enjoyable part was dealing with my customers, and them knowing me by name.
great opportunity
carhop (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 26, 2015
Pros: half off of lunch
sometimes busy ,sometimes slow. I learned that you always ask for help if your not getting something right. Managers should inform all the information before you begin. the hardest part was swithboard. the most enjoyable part was receiving a tip that shows that you are doing a good job.
Productive, serious, thriving, fun place to work
Carhop (Former Employee), Rainsville, Al.April 26, 2015
Pros: half off meals
Cons: breaks, and half off food
A typical day at work was to come in get money and serve customers while doing side work. Management was great and i most enjoyed the feeling of a close nit family environment at my job.
favorite job I have ever had
cook/carhop (Former Employee), Madisonville, TNApril 25, 2015
The hours were great, I loved what I did, the customers were always so sweet. The management picked favorites, but not really bad. It was very easy and very rewarding.
Decent Workplace
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Trinidad, COApril 24, 2015
Pros: Discounted meals, easy shifts
Cons: no benefits
Fun place to work, easy workplace, easy work. Customers could be rough some days, and others they could be very generous. Enjoyed everything done during a work day.
busy with poor management
Closing Cook/Crew Leader/Asst. Manager (Former Employee), wichita/mulvane, ksApril 24, 2015
The most unstable working enviroment that I have ever worked in. When I became Asst. Manager things started changing. I got rid of the drug dealers an alcholics that worked and were on the lot.
A place that welcomes you.
Cook (Former Employee), Palatine, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule Understanding Managers Quick Money Friendly workers
Cons: Dealing with customers, Busy late nights, no benefits
Fast food you will deal with the worst of people. Especially dealing with customers from Sonic. The only thing that makes it bearable is the people you work with as a team. A good place for high school and college student who need flexible schedule and quick money. No you wont get any benefits but you will learn how to work quick and work well with others regardless what background they have. Which is essential in any other work field.
Productive great work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee), stockbridge, GAApril 24, 2015
Clock in and grab an headset. I stock up anything that needs to be stocked and clean up my area to prepare for our busiest time of the day. After eight o' clock it gets really busy but with great teamwork we are able to get through it.

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more

Sonic Drive-In Salaries