Sonic Drive-In
2,632 reviews

Sonic Drive-In Employer Reviews

fun place to work for first job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oroville,CAFebruary 28, 2015
always busy, fun environment, nice people, pretty simple job. provide excellent customer service and be ready to be on your toes and alert to answer and take every order.
Great Company to Work For
Car Hop, Crew Leader (Current Employee), Altus, OKFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: active work environment, always something new
Cons: only higher up managment get benefits
If you enjoy to be constantly working and moving, Sonic is your answer.
Enjoyable part of the job is the interesting personalities of the Co-Workers.
Hardest part of the job: Happy Hour, still enjoyable but it keeps you moving.
High Paced
Carhop (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, TNFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: we do get a discount on our meals while we are working only.
Cons: we do not offer health care, and we do not give raises regardless of work performance, you have to become a manager to get a raise.
My job is very high passed, it requires me to be able to multi task at all times, to be very friendly with all customers. I have to be able to handle all money situations, and customer situations also. My managers are friendly and work with me on my days off I love being at work with them. My co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is being able to handle customers whom are unhappy or shall I say very angry with what ever, I am very good at fixing there problems and handling the situation so that they leave happy and come back. The best part of my job is being able to make others happy while I'm making money. I am very good at my job, my bosses are very happy with my work performance and if I could make more than waitress pay I would not be looking for any other income. There are opportunities to become a manager, it just takes a long time.
Fun atmosphere without enough pay
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: managers
Cons: not enough hours or pay
Typical day at work would consist of alot of standing around due to not enough customers fun place to work but its pretty much a job for high schoolers
Productive and friendly environment
Server (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 27, 2015
You definitely gain your work experience here. You work at a very fast pace and need to have the ability to catch on quick. I loved my job for the reason that I like being in a fast paced environment and the frequent change of job. Most of the time you were doing something different everyday.
fast work pace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Odessa,TXFebruary 27, 2015
a typical day at work would be very busy as a Team Leader i learned all about managing the store and how to keep labor under control how to manage deposits and how to lead people to a productive work day.
Fun working place with awesome people
Gravel Ridge and Cabot, AR- Carhop/Cook (Former Employee), Cabot, ARFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with the customers
I dealt with money and customers on a daily basis.

I also learned the ins and outs of the restaurant business.

My co-workers and managers made the work day fun and enjoyable.

I enjoyed working with all the customers that came through. I love making people's days and seeing them leave with a smile. Then having them come back and specifically ask for me made my days.
OK place to work
Waitress and Cook (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2015
The management wasn't the best in the end. I learned a lot and almost made management. When I first started there the management was great, but then they brought a new manager in and she has never worked for the company. So i had a hard time trusting her judgment. She could never keep the store stocked.
good learning experience
assistant general manager (Former Employee), Madison, INFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free food, flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits, very low pay for the work
Without a doubt being employed at a fast food establishment is not the ideal job. However sometimes we take what we can get and make the best with the opportunities we are giving. What the job lacked in benefits and earning a less than average paycheck it did however make up for in providing some learning experience that can be transferred to a hopefully better employment opportunity. Through my position as the assistant general manager a learned a great deal of leadership skills as well as skills in managing and prioritizing. I also learned a great deal of people skills due to dealing with customer complaints and other relations on a daily basis. The people i worked with also made the job better. It was through that i gained a better understanding of how to properly treat employees.
Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee), Pratt, KSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay, free meals/drinks
Cons: no healthcare
There wasn't a "typical" day at work, which was a plus. The most important thing I learned while working at Sonic was to work fast but smart. I also learned how to manage my time and the time of the employees. The hardest part of the job was to work fast but smart. Every part of my job was enjoyable. It was a job where I had to wear many hats. I would have to be in the kitchen, or making drinks, or running orders out to the customers.
Enticing place to work, enjoyable every day.
Cook/Carhop (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with young people is always exciting.
Cons: short breaks, no free lunches(you get discounts)
Exciting place to work, a lot more interactive then most fast food jobs. Especially the customer service. I enjoyed my time at Sonic very much.
Fast Paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Canton, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free meals for managers
Cons: no downtime
Sonic is a job that keeps you moving quickly and constantly. A typical day includes making drinks and taking out orders, as a manager you supervise everyone inside the building and ensure customer satisfaction.
A Lot Of Fun.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAFebruary 24, 2015
Had Fun. met new people. Management was very nice. learned how to cook and prep new foods. Management is very nice. helped me get hours when i needed hours.
very motivating surrondings
assistant manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: half price food and free drinks
Cons: short breaks
I love working for this place. all thumbs up for me. I was just ready to start something new. fast paced place be ready to run. the co workers are awesome very friendly and loving. the most enjoyable part was making new freinds
Fun job but unorganized
Team Leader and Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: no scheduled breaks
It was a fun job and it was easy to get along with others. However, there were a lot of unorganized shifts and majority of the time we were short on shifts.
Keeping things balanced at a fast pace
Car Hop (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Sonic I learned how to balance things out keeping up with a lot of things at once but also keeping them organized.
Good Starting Job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 23, 2015
this is my first job and it was so much fun. the tips are great and it is not as bad as everyone says it is. its very clean inside. nothing is done to the food. everything is kept under a watchful eye
My Experience with Sonic Drive- In
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monett, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: late nights, no healthcare benefits
My experience with Sonic Drive-In has been a positive experience. I have learned better money handling skills, customer service, and food prepping. A typical day at work consist of running shifts, making sure food gets out on time and all the customers are having a good experience. I also close up the store, handle money, and make deposits. If the customers have a problem I handle it and make sure they leave with a smile. I work with mostly teenagers who are experiencing their first job. They are a great group of kids. The hardest part of this job is trying to be in multiple places at work and watching 4-8 people at a time. The most enjoyable part of this job had been the positive customer service experience.
sucked
Car Hop (Former Employee), McKinney, TXFebruary 21, 2015
One manager didnt like me and harassed me calling me lazy while i was on skates. Another manager sexually harassed me, not a good place to work at
Fast Pace and friendly
Carhop/ Preperation (Former Employee), Lansing, KSFebruary 21, 2015
I would come in to work and go straight to work. The manger's were nice, fun and friendly. I would take beverages and food to customers as well as stock and clean the store. Co- worker's were hard worker's and friendly.

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more

Sonic Drive-In Salaries