Sonic Drive-In
2,399 reviews

Sonic Drive-In Employer Reviews

Good times
Cook/Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people, and the customers
Cons: n/a
I use to love working at Sonics. I felt so useful at that job. I did every position at that store, and I did it very well. I learned allot there but mainly I learned how to multi task. Management was stern but great. The hardest thing to do at this job was working multiple positions at one time, because we were always under staffed. I am pretty sure – more... their hiring right now. – less
Fast paced work environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Aubrey, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: shifts go by quickly
Cons: difficult customers
You are constantly taking orders since there are usually more than 30 optional stalls for customers to pull into. You work with many teenagers and that can be a hit or a miss with their work ethic. The work is not difficult at all there is just a surplus of it at times. It can be a very fun job if you have the right attitude!
fun place to work as a kid
Cook / Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2014
great to experience and learn customer service everyday is something new. I would take orders, cashier, and cook. I learned self motivation and how to talk to people the right way. I overachieved all my duties and always went beyond my job duties.
Sonice Experience
Management- Coutomer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Working with the food industry became to much after I had my son. I like the challenge it brought daily but the work schedule was not stable enough for my needs.
Extremely fun first job
Carhop/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2014
Fast paced
Learn multi-tasking
fun and exciting
customers can be a hassle but
you learn to deal with it
SDI
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Breaux Bridge, LANovember 16, 2014
After years of dedication, they offered me a promotion the week after I gave my two weeks notice.
Productive and fun
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 16, 2014
Typical day at sonic was fun, i learned how to effectively care to customers needs, management was par, the hardest part of this job was multitasking dealing with cusrtomers running food and giving refills when it is jam packed could be stressful from time to time.
Great job, Great people
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Commerce, GANovember 15, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no health benefits, no breaks.
Fun place to work, great environment great people, you can move up in the company very quickly if you have/show great work ethic.
It was a good first job but it didnt have any type of stucture.
Cook/Manager (Former Employee), Bellmead, TXNovember 14, 2014
The staff there were very inconsistent and didn't care enough about there job. I worked there for two years and within them two years I learned so much about customer service. The problem was the mangers didn't care to act with customer service so, the employees felt like they didn't have to nether. It was my first job so I stuck it out as long as I – more... could but seeing the staff act the way they did and treat people with disrespect finally got to me. – less
Not bad
Carhop/Bagger (Former Employee), N/ANovember 14, 2014
The work wasn't bad or hard. You will have your nice customers and rude ones. You have to be a good people person to get some good tips.
ok to work but too many managers
prep cook (Former Employee), benton, tnNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no breaks for non smokers
it is a good place to work but not when managers take advantage of your good nature.
Okay work place
Car Hop (Former Employee), Moberly, MONovember 13, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 50% on all meals
Cons: short breaks
The job was easy, the coworkers were nice,but the management was poor i ended up quitting due too shortage on my checks.
Easy job that develops great skills
Carhop (Former Employee), Houma, LANovember 13, 2014
Working at Sonic was a good first job for me. It taught me how to connect with people and how to handle cash. Organization was an important skill that I developed from working at Sonic.
Love It
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, OhNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun people.
Wish our location didn't have to close because the franchise owner is a joke.
Most teenagers just want to come to work to get paid, if that. But at Sonic you could actually be yourself and have fun, which made it a friendly place for customers and a good time to go to work, not just because of money but because you were building relationships with everyone.
it was a great place when we had the right people
sonic (Former Employee), Albertville, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun working with my favorite group
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work was come in clock in, then go wash my hands. Next the other carhop counts down there money hand it to the manager the manager counts it then hands it to you. when the other carhop starts you do your cleaning stuff unless they was behind. The hardest part of the job was being the only carhop at rush hour. The most enjoyable part – more... was being able to communicate with new people, and get to know them – less
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2014
nice co-workers. The hard part of this job was being outside in the cold.
Fun workplace
Fountain and Drive Thru Operator (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no cons
This is a great place to work if you're into customer service and serving food!
Good start off job.
WAITER/COOK (Former Employee), seagoville, txNovember 11, 2014
Good start off job. Cooking skills and great tips. Learned how to speak with customers.
fun work environment
carhop (Current Employee), North Augusta, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: get discount on your meal
Cons: cant use discount on chicken or ice cream
i like working at sonic drive in the employees are always nice to me and we help make sure our days go by as easy and not stressed as possible
fun and productive, family friendly environment. everyone works with each. understanding management
closing shift cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2014
sonic was an over all friendly environment to work in with understanding and patient management. they strive hard for outstanding service with all customers regardless of what may be going on. food is always hot and fresh and you can expect top quality taste with every they make.

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more