Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews

Found 6,364 reviews matching the search
Fast Food
Car Hop/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKMay 16, 2017
No discounts, Unsanitary enviroment, employees are not very friendly, occasionally rude to customers. and customers yelling at you daily. very greasy everywhere
Pros
free ice
Cons
no breaks, no discounts
Great work environment, management a little sloppy
Carhop (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 16, 2017
Overall the job is wonderful, the environment, and the customers. There are few flaws, but the positives definitely out way them. The job is VERY quick paced and you're never allowed to be slow, it has allowed me to increase my mental speed a lot.
Pros
50% off meals, Great work environment
Cons
Managers don't do much about lazy workers, forces carhops to skate.
First job
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMay 16, 2017
It was a great first job experience and I was glad we were able to take good home, I liked having money everyday. Managers were always there if I needed help and that was nice.
Great people
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rockingham, NCMay 16, 2017
Great place to work OK money easy to get and keep gets frustrating at times and hot very much appreciated for all my hard work n good hours and not to far from home
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Hot n fast
management was terrible
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 16, 2017
Even though I was one of the boss the only reason I became one was so we wouldn't have trash managers. My boss had me do his job as well as mine and then he was just taking credit for it. He cut the hours off what I worked so they could make the labor hours for the week just because he didn't want to work. He was very touchy with employees doing favors for some. I brought this to the people higher than him as our concern resolution was taught still nothing
Pros
The employees were like family
N\a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 16, 2017
Answer the company telephone, schedule appointments, order company supplies, clean office areas, took deposits to the bank, light filing and sorting mail, faxing, scanning, typed letters and memos, ran errands.
Productive, fast passed fun job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed skating, and working together with my team members to satisfy our customers to the fullest. The managers we're nice and fair with giving good hours.
Pros
Skating, half off food
Great Work Experience
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 16, 2017
This job is very great for obtaining new customer service skills and the management is very caring and understanding of each individual employee and their situations. I learned a lot about how to put other first and I also learned a vast amount of customer service skills.
Pros
Great Management
Busy Days
Car Hop (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 16, 2017
Work was normally busy, and I didn't usually have too many issues with customers. However, the pay isn't great, and they are not as flexible as they should be with such low pay.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Demanding schedule
Teen Job
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALMay 16, 2017
A great job for a teenager seeking work! The job is very simple and fast. The most work you will do is clean of carhop. The job requires certain standards.
Fast paced and upbeat
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 16, 2017
Wonderful job to have if you enjoy working with the public. Fast paced so that the hours pass quickly and upbeat so a good emviroment is provided. Most employees get along and work together to ensure great customer service. The work place is built to accomidate the busiest houra to thw fullest .
Pros
Has a great energy
Cons
Usually doesnt give quite enough hours.
Not very clean, and kind of unorganized.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMay 16, 2017
I don't really think working there was a god choice for my first job. I was working very late in the day on school nights, which made me extremely tired during school. I never got a raise after 6 months of working there as I was promised. The management was poor and they didn't seem to care about the well being of the employees or customers.
Pros
I gained good social skills
Cons
Late nights, very fast paced, poor pay/management.
Fun
Crew Leader(Promoted) (Former Employee) –  Lavon, TXMay 16, 2017
A very fun and fast pace place to work. Caring for customers and managing money, as well as preparing orders and taking care of store policy was a heavy duty.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Productive/Fast Paced Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 16, 2017
Typical day of work consist of taking orders, skating, helping customers. Picking up trash outside, cleaning the building thoroughly every night before closing.
Pros
Got to skate every day at work
Cons
Manager was not very friendly
Sonic is a fast paced workplace that requires great customer service.
Sonic Carhop (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2017
Sonic was one of my favorite job, the customer and helping make the food were the best part of my job, even though things could get a little hectic at times with the rushes it still came along wonderful at the end. It's feel good when you satisfy customers as well as your mangers!
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSMay 16, 2017
It is a great place to work. It became stressful at some point of time but it was a great place to work. The hardest par of the job was making sure the money was correct.
Pros
Free lunches and great benifits
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced workplace with a non stop flow and never ending work to keep you busy with a pretty good ma
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAMay 16, 2017
My time at sonic was crazy to be honest. My first couple of days there was amazing until my manager kept flirting with me to the fullest like In a gross amount. So I had to leave
Unproductive and unpleasant workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
Typical day at work was coming in and cooking for customers, cleaning and closing up the store for the night. I learned how to make burgers and the various types of equipment and how to maintain and fix them. Management was not very pleasant, always being disrespectful and unhelpful especially during dinner rushes. Hardest part was the special events we had, the most enjoyable part was the free drinks.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks
Carhop
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2017
Great job. Great atmosphere. I had a wonderful time working there. You have an hourly pay, plus tax free tips to bring home everyday. It's a great company, and I would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Cold in the winter going in ans out
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 16, 2017
It was very stressful if the night workers didnt prep for the openers definitely set us back at lot. Promo days were the funniest. We got to dresses up and were always so busy before you knew it your shift was over.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonic Drive-In. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7