Sonic Drive-In
2,722 reviews

Sonic Drive-In United States Employee Reviews

Fun and Fast paced place of employment
Car Hop (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 5, 2015
This job is a very fun and fast paced place of employment that requires you to be ready for those busy and hectic parts of the day where you are required to get the food orders out and delivered in a timely manner. Customer service is a very big key in making sure the customers keep coming back. While I can still manage to balance my job here and my home life, this job isn't for the long term. There is no chance of getting a raise and no chance of advancement. The management team isn't the greatest as they don't look out for the best interest of their employees. My co-workers are always easy to get a long with and fun to work with keeping my days shorter. Hardest part of the job is fearing not meeting expectations. My most enjoyable part of the job is customer interactions. I enjoy making customers happy and keeping them coming back.
fun atomshepre
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAApril 4, 2015
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: not making advancements
I arrive at 530am every morning to start my day I have learned that custmers are the main reason business stay afloat. I have some really great people I work with we are a team and together we accomplish more. the most enjoyable part of my job is my customers.
Making the drinks at Happy Hour
Carhop (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, ARApril 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off your order on your break.
Cons: 15 minute breaks every 4 hours.
When the clock hits 2 o'clock the lot becomes packed! There are so many drink orders that the managers make the drinks while the carhops take them out. You have to look for the tickets under the drinks to make sure you have the right ones.
Learned how to grill
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Love to cook
Cons: Fast Paste
Fast pasted job that requires patience and quick thinking. It was my first time working for a fast food place but gained a lot of knowledge through hands on experience.
Fun and fast
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 2, 2015
its a greeat place to work if you like a very fast paced enviornment. only down fall winter no hours tooo cold and stressfull
Not the best job, but good first time job.
Car-Hop (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 31, 2015
• Gave best service to customers
• Ensure that customers get what they want to know
• Resolved complain
fun place to work at, not the best pay, but great coworkers.
good for young people
Carhop (Former Employee), Cisco, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: You get to meet new people all the time and learn how to handle money and calculate money.
Cons: It's more of a job for younger people such as 16-25 year olds.
I loved working there when I was younger. It was a great experience because it taught me how to be a good communicator and how to handle money.
family environment Drive-In
Sonic Drive- In (Former Employee), Merced, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: half off on all oders and free drinks.
Cons: need more hours
I love Sonic food and its environment was very fun and family oriented. The staff is awesome and makes it a priority to maintain there orders and have them made and sent to the customer at a fast time.
fast pact resturant enviroment
Kitchen crew member (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The shedule was good
Cons: The fellow employee with attiudes related towards hate
I worked in Sonic Drive-In as a kitchen crew member which is responsible for the overall preparation of the workstation and processing food orders. I assisted in preparing and cutting food items. It is also the responsibility of crew Members to make sure that all areas of the Drive-in are clean.
So/So
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 30, 2015
Sonic isnt the best place to work at depending on where you decide to land a job at. you only make 5.25 and tips. However you must make 2$ for every hour you work which isnt realistic to me when everyone doesn't tip and/ or uses a credit card.
Loved working here
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Having to leave
Loved this Job. Enjoyed the work I was Doing, Loved meeting new People. Loved the show of customer satisfaction. Worked well With everyone envolved. Was effective for me to work there.
Great first job
Carhop (Former Employee), Farmington, MOMarch 30, 2015
I had a great time carhopping for this sonic. It taught me a lot about customer service and was a fantastic first job for someone to learn how to act in a professional setting.
Fun and fast paced
Car hop (Former Employee), Nederland, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun, great customers
Cons: outside working
As my first job it was not only fun to skate around to each car to give them their food, but it was also a great learning experience to work wit large amounts of money and have lots of responsibilities.
Cheerful upbeat environment.
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 30, 2015
Managers tend to have a relaxed view on what the employees should do. They have rules,, but they do try to make work fun. We had costumes on halloween, and they played music for us along with games when we had downtime.
Fast Food
Cashier/Customer Service/Food Service (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: My coworkers
Cons: You leave covered in ice cream.
The job is a fast pace work flow that requires great team work and personal responsibility. There is high and low volumes of customers that come threw the store. Customer Satisfaction is key.
Busy
Car Hop (Former Employee), Euless, TXMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at Sonic would be taking orders and delivering food to customers. What I've learned from working here is that you have to know how to work in a fast paste environment. One of the managers there I felt was kind of weird and not at all understanding my other managers were very nice,caring, understanding and helpful. My coworkers were very helpful and fun to be around.The most difficult part about working at Sonic was learning the entire menu, the most enjoyable part about working at there is just being around my coworkers and seeing customers who prefer you to bring their food out and rather tip you because of the good energy they get from you.
n/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMarch 26, 2015
Sometimes my day can consist of working 12 hours with a small break. The hardest part of the job was having 1/2 price shakes after 8pm everyday. Always short staff especially during half price shakes. I enjoyed working with my manager. My manager took me under wing and taught me what I needed to know. She took the time and effort to make sure I was trained the way she wanted me to be trained.
SONIC
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), 34TH STREETMarch 26, 2015
EXCEPTIONAL IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, VERY FAST PACED AT CERTAIN HOURS OF THE DAY, MULTITASKING JOB, REASON FOR LEAVING WAS SHORTAGE OF HOURS
Positive environment
Carhop (Current Employee), Heber Springs, ARMarch 25, 2015
Everyone, including the managers, are almost always in a good mood. This contributes to a healthy and positive work environment for the workers.
Fun work place.
Team member (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Lack of hours
This was my very first job. I learned how to work in a company setting and work with other employees as a team. I learned how to cook and prepare meal orders as well as cleaned and maintain a clean, healthy work place.

About Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August – Read more

Sonic Drive-In Salaries