Sonic Drive-In Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,265 reviews matching the search
Horrible Work Enviornment
Carhop/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJune 1, 2016
Great place to work if they would just fire the manager that likes to steal money from new carhops. DO NOT WORK HERE!! I got fired because i was accused of asking for an extra chicken strip on my sandwich. Absolutely ridiculous.
Management was good, slightly hectic, good team.
Carhop/Product maker (Former Employee) –  Peculiar, MOJune 1, 2016
The owner didn't seem to have too much to do with the employees or get to know them or really care, but the managers made sure everyone got their jobs done and done good. Scheduling was very flexible and the teams we worked with on the days we worked did very good to make sure the days went smoothly and it was very organized.
decent place to work
Cook/Crew (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKJune 1, 2016
not enough money or hours work part time need full time and 8.00 dollars an hour is not good.people I work with are good people the overall manager is a good person to have as a boss
Pros
free food
Cons
no hours/part time
productive and fun at times
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 1, 2016
I come to work at 530 in the morning make bacon and get all of the food ready for the day such as stocking and prepping. I have la\earned to be precis on counting money and dealing with angry customers. The hardest part of my job is working with upper management that has no sonic experience
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 1, 2016
It wasn't fun they management was terrible and I didn't have a great time with scheduling. But on the bright side free ice cream.
Pros
na
Cons
na
I had a great time
Car Hopper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work, great co-workers, I had a lot of fun. I learned how to be patient with rude costumers. The management needs a little more work but everything is ok.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It wasnt for me
Chef (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 31, 2016
The job taught that i had to learn to deal with people i dont like and still get tasks done. i didnt like preparing the food but i had to do what i had to do to pay the bills
Fun and Productive, with Free-Speaking Environment
Carhop (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 31, 2016
In Sonic, the most important part is teamwork. Every job is done together, from cooking to mixing drinks to making desert to bringing the food to the customer. Being tight with your coworkers is a real advantage and makes work smooth, fast, and enjoyable. The atmosphere is great, because since Sonic has no indoor restaurant, everybody is free to speak their minds. Coworkers are fun, management works with you, not above you, and when times are slow, work is still priority. The most valuable part of my experience was the friendships I built and my new understanding for the difficulties and simplicities of working in hospitality
Pros
Free Drinks, Half-Price Food, Fun Environment
Cons
Hours can be a bit Edgy at times
Car Hop
car hop (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 31, 2016
Responsible for taking orders, filling orders and delivering orders to customer at outside ordering stations. Ensured customers were satisfied with order and took payment.
very friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mauriceville, TXMay 30, 2016
great atmosphere to work in, motivated and friendly staff. This workplace was a very fast paced environment without a lot of downtime which I appreciated.
Sonic's the road to the grave
Cook (Former Employee) –  Van Alstyne, TXMay 30, 2016
A high school, nothing more nothing less. Unless you want to turn it into a career with the words I can say is " good luck" !

Sonic Drive-In was a franchise that gave the step to slowly understand in being in the world that can bring you down in an instant, to where you could feel the lowest of the low.

Sonic employment is a young persons step not when someone is looking for something to be better or accomplishing something more than cooking burgers and smelling like onion rings.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor income
Culture diversity
Director Of Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Great experience with handling corporate & franchise needs together. Was involved in Training & Development of DMs , GMs & Shift Managers. That lead to me taking important decisions in a timely manner.
Pros
Learn several desert products
Cons
Too many items on the menu
Fun place with potential for growth.
Owner/ Partner (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARMay 29, 2016
It was a great place to work, but the balance of home life and the job was had. I learned a lot o great things through out the ten years I was employed.
Cool job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 29, 2016
A typical day at sonic is a little crazy. Hectic at times. Management could use some improvements. It is a really fun place to work. Definitely if you skate. Just gets crazy.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No healthcare
Fast paced,and disorganized.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is the friendly and helpful co-workers. The hardest part is that it is a fast paced job. Management would only give me one 8 hour work day a week, Fridays 6pm until 2am. They never changed the schedule. This continued for 3 months until they with out notice just stopped putting me on the schedule. They are very disorganized. One manager would literally snapchat everyone working. Some workers don't wear gloves when preparing the food. And the manager would only have two cooks scheduled to work the busiest hours of the day.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
Management is disorganized. Horrible hours not flexible at all.
It is okay at the right place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bald Knob, ARMay 29, 2016
Managing at Sonic can be hard at times due to employee's lack of interest. With the right crew and management team it can be a fun, fast-paced place to work.
Pros
discounts, flexibility
Cons
benefits, work/life balance
Fun Fast passed environment
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Liberty Hill, TXMay 29, 2016
Sonic was a good beginning job for a high school student to start with. the scheduling was flexible and i was able to take the vacation i wanted
Prefect for a high schooler
Carhop (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMay 28, 2016
Honestly if you are in High School then this job is prefect for you, the GM practically cut my hours to make me quit, then told another manager that I was going to be done working there due to me having to go to MEPS the day she was holding a meeting that I had no choice but to miss. some of the people that I had worked with and under were great. Overall experience was disappointing.
it's fast food..
Cook, dishwasher. (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 28, 2016
I learned to properly clean cooking supplies and maintain a fresh food supply from expiration dates. Building different hotdog and hamburgers in a fast timely fashion.
Pros
Food job experience
Cons
poortrainling
Enjoyed Working
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2016
Great learning experience for first job. You can learn everything in one job title such as being a car hop, cook, cashier, janitor and a host especially if want tips all at Sonic-Drive In.